ICON Construction is a successful General Contractor that has operated in the Pacific Northwest for the past 30 years, completing projects that included industrial resource road and bridge construction, development of rock quarries, full-phase commercial site and sub-division development, mine site decommissioning, as well as integrated forest management on coastal tenures. ICON Construction takes pride in providing the highest possible level of service to our clients. By fostering a healthy and safe work environment, we attract some of the best individuals in the industry. Our experienced team of professionals is able to tackle any challenge while adhering to the highest standards of safety and quality.
We are currently looking for an experienced Drill Operator. This is a full-time position based out of Prince Rupert, BC.
Type of Equipment: Excavator Mounted Hydraulic Drill
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely and productively operate a large drill rig.
- Operating hard rock portable hydraulic diamond drill rigs to bore holes to specified depths.
- Operate heavy equipment involved with road construction, stream crossing, and land clearing.
- Fully understand all safety aspects of drilling in a large open pit surface mine.
- Familiar with the operations and mechanics of a large crawler type drill rig.
- Can successfully complete all necessary paperwork legibly and correctly.
- Ability to perform small mechanical repairs to the drill.
- Meet all drill production targets set forth without harming the drill.
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment and keep equipment clean.
- Conduct routine maintenance on equipment before and after each shift.
- Strictly adhere to the safety procedures and SMS for the site.
- Must be able to work rotations; days, out of town in remote areas.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- Be alert to risks or threats in order to prevent losses before they occur.
- Report all incidents and near misses as they occur to the Site Foreman.
Type of Work Experience required:
- Minimum 2 years drilling experience, preferably on a mine site and with larger crawler type drill rigs.
- Various related equipment operating experience required, such as an excavator, backhoe, Bobcat.
- Understands the mechanical aspects of the drill rig they are operating.
- Has a thorough knowledge of drill patterns and the structure in which they are developed.
- Understands all drill tooling, their functions and how to properly and safely apply to the drill rig.
- Has experience operating a 900 cfm compressor 5” Tank Drill.
- Able to perform at a high productive rate while maintaining all aspects of safety operations.
- Works well with others and adapt in a team environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under extreme weather conditions.
- Understands the limitations of the drill rig and the performances it can safely provide.
- Able to understand the rock geology and how to adapt the drill rig to maximize its performance without undo wear and tear to bits.
Skills and Qualifications Required (Certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.):
- Grade twelve (12) Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- BC Blasting Certification.
- Valid class five (5) driver’s license and clean drivers abstract is required.
- Minimum three (3) years similar work experience is required.
- Valid Construction Safety Training System (CSTS) certification.
- Valid WHMIS certification.
Essential Skills-Other Skills:
- Physical and mental stamina.
- Good vision and manual dexterity.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Good oral and listening communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Job task planning and organizing.
- Finding information.
- Continuous learning.
- Adhere to and implement safety policies and procedures in daily work.
Terms of Employment:
- Seasonal, Full Time, Overtime, Weekend.
- MUST be authorized to work in Canada.
- Completion of drug and alcohol screening is mandatory.
- Travel expenses paid by employer.
35.00 to $40.00 per hour
12 hour shifts, 6 days per week
Fluent English, speaking, reading, writing.
NO PHONE CALLS
Please submit your application by replying to this posting by email.