This position is responsible for production of decals and signage using digital print, cut vinyl, thermal transfer print and laser printing technology. The sign shop coordinator will also be responsible for managing raw material inventory and for maintaining the equipment. You should have the ability to work independently and use initiative to solve problems and be able to follow procedures. Attention to detail is expected. This position will also involve assisting in the shipping/receiving area as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize a variety of sign production equipment including a 54” digital printer/cutter, laser printer, thermal transfer printer, manual shears, pressure roller/laminator, and variety of hand and power tools typical to a sign/decal production shop setting.
- Apply vinyl, reflective media, face lamination, etc. to substrates manually or through the use of application equipment during the production of a multitude of signage of varying size.
- Quality check signs and decals based on set standards
- Works as a member of a team in the production of large signs or high volume production jobs.
- Manage raw materials for sign/decal production area
- Pick stock to fill customer orders
- Replenish shelves with products produced in production and outside suppliers
- Quality check incoming products and raw materials based on written procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in digital printing and sign manufacturing an asset
- Knowledge of computer graphics software used in the design and production of sign making an asset.
- Knowledge of the various methods and techniques, tools and materials used in the fabrication and production of high-quality signs.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions and to work independently and/or as a member of a production team.
- Ability to manually lift moderate to heavy materials and tools and to stand during the course producing signs in the shop for the majority of the shift.
- Comfortable working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office;
- Excellent written and verbal command of English;
- Well organized and have the ability to work under pressure
- Respectful of deadlines
- Ability to work effectively when unsupervised as well as in a team environment
- Must have reliable means of transportation
- Exhibits a high level of professionalism and maturity at all times
Please submit resume and cover letter complete with salary expectation.
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard