Reports To: Vice President, Lending Services
Position Type: Full time, permanent, salaried
Start Date: September 2013
Location: Etobicoke, ON (subject to move in future)
IC Savings (Italian Canadian Savings & Credit Union) is a financial cooperative that offers a full range of banking services including mortgages, chequing and savings accounts, and retirement and investment products.
At our Mortgage Centre, we strive to provide solutions that represent a better alternative. We take the time needed to understand all applicants because our customers are our members and our members deserve our respect. We don’t employ automated adjudication - our lending decisions are made by real people. For more information about us, please visit: www.icsavings.ca
Senior Mortgage Underwriter will promote and brand IC Savings’ full range of lending solutions and attract new business from the mortgage broker network and other sources. The incumbent will manage broker relationships, originate new business, underwrite, approve within assigned limits and recommend for approval.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively promote IC Savings’ full range of lending products with a focus on residential mortgages and actively participate in IC Savings’ campaigns and promotions.
- Develop a network of mortgage brokers and maintain relationships.
- Underwrite mortgage applications, approve within limits and recommend in accordance with established guidelines and policies, ensuring timely and efficient customer service.
- Achieve assigned origination volumes and other targets.
- Assist in development of marketing strategies with focus on achieving targets.
- Provide weekly detailed Status Reports to Management.
- Stay current with the latest industry knowledge; products, competition and market trends.
Skill & Knowledge Requirements
- Self-starter, self-motivated, sales driven, creative and entrepreneurial with solid interpersonal skills and an ability to work within a team environment.
- Strong English written & oral communication skills; excellent phone etiquette.
- Completion of post-secondary education in combination with relevant mortgage underwriting experience and job related courses/education.
- Candidate with existing broker relationships preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of residential mortgage underwriting experience with strong understanding of real estate appraisals.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- High degree of numerical competency.
- Strong focus on customer service excellence, organization, attention to detail and sense of urgency; ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Valid driver’s license with excellent driving record.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort
- Professional, team and sales oriented environment.
- Combination of walking, sitting, standing; considerable use of phone; some driving.
- Standard corporate business hours; ability to work extended hours, if required.
- Seldom lifting/moving items up to 25-30 pounds in weight.
Indeed - 10 months ago
IC Savings (Italian Canadian Savings & Credit Union) is a financial cooperative that offers a full range of banking services including...