Senior Commercial Mortgage Officer will market IC Savings’ commercial loans and mortgages within clearly defined policies and procedures. The primary emphasis of the role is on commercial real estate secured loans and mortgages but will also include responsibility to promote and cross sell the full range of products offered by IC Savings as part of championing the organization’s sales oriented culture. The role will maintain both a high, personal profile as well as the reputation of IC Savings as a financial institution of choice amongst the Commercial Mortgage Broker community.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and strengthen internal and external relationships in a highly focussed sales culture environment through networking/marketing with mortgage brokers, small and medium size enterprises, branch network, consultants, lawyers, and representing IC Savings at various industry related functions.
- Liaise with mortgage brokers, members and branch staff in the origination of commercial mortgage and other business lending transactions; ask the right questions to quickly determine suitability and client needs, and take responsibility for analyzing and moving files through the underwriting process.
- Assess, evaluate, structure and make initial recommendations for approvals or declines as warranted based upon analysis of key risks.
- Conduct analysis of financial statements in the context of specific industry, financial and business risks.
- Assess through site inspections and other means property and related risks including, valuation related key data such as market rents and debt service capacity, vacancy, suitable cap rates, current appraisal reports, environmental reports, lease agreements, etc.
Credit Review Analysis and Presentation
- Complete the application process, including presenting appropriate analysis and recommendation to the final lending authority.
- Interact with Solicitors, Mortgage Administration and Funding staff to ensure proper workflow and funding procedures.
- Complete final review and write up of files according to Audit and Regulatory requirements.
- Maintain ongoing weekly and other portfolio reporting and annual account reviews as required.
- Keep up with the latest industry knowledge, competition and market trends.
- With assistance of the manager, create marketing plans that will assist in achieving targets.
- Work in collaboration with the team to ensure targets are being met.
Skill & Knowledge Requirements
- Minimum 3–5 years of direct commercial mortgage underwriting experience in the financial services industry, having managed a significant commercial book.
- Completion of post-secondary education in Business in combination with relevant commercial mortgage underwriting experience and job related courses/education.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, creative and entrepreneurial with solid interpersonal, communication and networking skills with an ability to work within a team environment.
- Strong English written & oral communication skills; excellent phone etiquette.
- Must have an established and effective network of referral contacts and proven business development skills to source commercial real estate transactions.
- Must have a solid understanding of mortgage related valuation and cash flow analysis techniques as well as a good understanding of financial statements and accounting principles.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Strong analytical, negotiation, influencing and sales skills.
- High degree of numerical competency.
- Strong focus on customer service excellence, organization, attention to detail and sense of urgency; ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate effective coaching and leadership skills.
- Valid driver’s license with excellent driving record and access to a reliable vehicle.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort
- Professional, team oriented environment.
- Combination of walking, sitting, standing, commuting, use of phone, and some light lifting.
Indeed - 7 months ago
IC Savings (Italian Canadian Savings & Credit Union) is a financial cooperative that offers a full range of banking services including...