IBM Employee Reviews

IBM is a great employer
Application Architect-PI (Former Employee) –  India, UK, Canada15 November 2016
IBM as an organization has lots to offer in terms of opportunities, good work culture and facilities.
It gave me a career to excel and ample opportunities to showcase my skills and talent. The working environment was good and the processes in the company were well thought off.
Pros
Recognition of good work
Cons
Opportunities to diversify
Work/Life Balance and Job Security was good
BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON15 November 2016
Working from home option for work/life balance was good.
Other than work/life balance and job security (which is no longer there nowadays), advancement is offered rarely and poorly, salary is very poor compared to market, management and job culture is pretty difficult to adapt ever since offshore/onshore model.
Productive working environment
ABM Technician (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON12 November 2016
Working at IBM has been a great learning experience, everyday new challenges can occur in repair troubleshooting and it is enjoyable to find new ways in order to complete the repair. I've always enjoyed working with my hands involving technology so this job as furthered my experience in that aspect/field. A normal day involves the repair/refurbishment of various ABM and CRU components as well as the occasional pre-staging of said machines for various customers. The management at IBM are filled with experienced and understanding staff who have a very business oriented mindset along side a good understanding as to utilization of various staff talents to ensure productivity is at its greatest potential. They are mostly friendly people who do not sacrifice work ethic but still maintain good relationships with their staff. My co workers are well rounded people, with technical/mechanical minds and backgrounds who offer their valued experiences and expertise to our area. The hardest part of the job is working around the lack of certain components needed to repair/refurbish the parts, often resorted to salvaging, but its nothing too challenging to work around. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of successfully repairing the parts we have available to work on, knowing I've contributed to the production and found suitable solutions to overcome difficult scenario's.
Overall great company
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 November 2016
Overall great company but with some challenges.
Amazing people to work with.
Work from home option available.
Fast paced environment.
Nice place to work for
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS8 November 2016
A lot of possibilities, good people, but it looks like the company is not doing financially so well overall.
But every IBM office is different.
There are good benefits, but there is nothing for the employees like no coffee, not milk, not even tea. Need to pay extra for those basic things that you drink.
Pros
They have a good name, for your next job.
Cons
Not a good working environment over all.
Mobile UI Automation Developer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 November 2016
Was a fine place to work. Slightly flexible on hours more concerned about work being done than being present for a 40 hour work week
Work from Home flexibility
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON7 November 2016
The company provides the greatest work flexibility that you can work from home and is very flexible to fit your work-life schedule. Co-workers are nice and helpful.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
job security
Very well structured organization
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 November 2016
Working for IBM (as for any big corporation) requires particular attitude (ex. making sure that You always apply proper procedure for given task, that You're aware of every new policy and that You confirm to it, ...)
Pros
Working for well known organization
Cons
Not much liberty of decision making
Level 2 - Remote Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 November 2016
Every day was filled with chanllenging work. Colleague worked in a team matter. The days were full of joy knowing that each customer I serviced was happy to have been serviced by me in order to get their matter solved
Pros
bonus
Cons
Large company with benefit of having resources. However, company has not taken employee satisfaction survey results to task.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON1 November 2016
IBM is a large company that presents both challenges and opportunities. Challenges are getting recognized properly for ones accomplishments whereas the opportunities are related to the large amount of resources at the company's disposal.
More shifts every year, no wage increase
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 October 2016
I think ibm is moving away from service. They are moving away from hardware and into more of a admin type of company. Every year less employees and more shifts and overtime.
Pros
Pay was good but didn't keep up with inflation
Cons
company no longer interested in serviceing hardware.
Challenging but enjoyable. Great group to work with.
IT Specialist, Email Administrator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 October 2016
Great position and technically challenging to keep you interested. New opportunities occur but it is hard to have the management approval to move from one position to another. Lots of work, and you must be available 24/7 on a rotational basis. The best part of the job is the challenges and the people you work with.
Good opportunity to learn other things
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 October 2016
With IBM there was always an opportunity to take on more responsibilities and learn new things.
The other IBMers were very helpful and supportive.
Great place to work from an opportunity to grow perspective.
Great place
Customer Service and Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2016
I really enjoyed the team and atmosphere. I made some very long lasting friendships. Working there felt like I was making a difference.
Get lost in the numbers
Systems Technician, Team Lead, Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2016
Great company with a huge brand recognition but not as polished from the inside. Management was usually good but some were horrible. Complete lack of interest from management. Good training
Pros
Get to work with new and interesting technologies
Cons
Just another number at the end of the day.
Good international working culture
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 October 2016
I worked for nearly 13 years at IBM. The company has a good global working culture. I wish good success to IBM with it's new cognitive intelligent computing business.
Boring
SAP Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 October 2016
Did not receive a lot of support from management staff, overall not an enjoyable place to work, people are not friendly, culture is boring serious and talent is low.
overall good exposure
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 October 2016
I liked working for various clients at IBM. The company uses a lot of technology and I met many professionals from all over North America and more here.
Pros
Technology
Cons
High expectations
Great opportunities
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 October 2016
I enjoyed 5 years with IBM, and really enjoyed it. I was given lots of opportunities to take on larger and more complex projects without having to travel (or go into an office for that matter)
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Demanding
Productive and Busy Environment
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 October 2016
-Very busy environment
-Provide training to new employees
-Very cooperative coworkers great ambience
-Team work
-Coordinate with other groups for any escalations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.