IBM Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent company to work for
Windows Migration - Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2015
Worked as an Independent contractor with IBM and it was great!

Hours and compensation is good. No complaints.

Interview was easy.
Busy, client focussed professional environment
Western Canada's Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 13, 2015
Busy, client focussed professional environment.

Travelled from Calgary to Winnipeg, to Edmonton, to Vancouver to visit my team and clients. Assessing customer service, clients requirements, and business strategy.
Very Productive and fun
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 8, 2015
Great place to start as an entry level Customer Service Representative. They teach you telephone etiquette and how to handle customers that are irate. My coworkers were great people to work with they were fun individuals, very smart and helpful.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to make my talk time, it was a big challenge but I always met it.
Pros
awards for excellent calls
Cons
evening shifts 24/7
Solid company, with career progression opportunity
ACCOUNT REP FOR BUSINESS PARTNERS (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONOctober 8, 2015
Good company to work for. Lots of support if/when you need it. Lots of processes and systems to learn.
Considerable amount of pressure to meet targets and report on deal progression.
The company offers a lot of activities outside of work which one has the option of taking part in (ie. softball, various clubs/teams)
Pros
Lots of job opportunities/ ability to move into other roles
Cons
long hours towards end of quarter.
Huge multinational corporation with well defined HR policies and practices
Human Resources Partner (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 8, 2015
Fast paced and locally growth through acquisition of companies which created lots of integration challenges.

Very large organization which had a lot of HR programs and policies.

Great workplace flexibility but high expectations - results oriented.
Pros
Compensation, workplace flexibility, diversity
Cons
Long hours and high performance expectations
Productive and work focused environment
Security& Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONOctober 7, 2015
Fun work place with supportive manager and colleagues.The most fun part of the job was working with my junior staff and learning from Experienced Colleagues.There was lot of tasks i have to perform each day ranging from Tier2,Tier3 support for various clients such as TD bank,CIBC, and NBF.
One of the best place ever worked for
IT Windows Admin & Application Support (Current Employee) –  MississaugaOctober 6, 2015
I am very thankful for the opportunity to be part of a great organization. During this time I was exposed to state of the art products and practices serving critical environments for major clients. Developed long lasting relations with capable coo-workers in various disciplines producing valuable solutions. Had good feedback from all my managers and Project Managers during all this time. I do recommend IBM for a career opportunity and a place to grow."
Intense Sales environment, "tight" management team
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2015
For most of my tenure at IBM I had a good experience and was treated fairly by IBM. Some of the smartest people you will ever know work at IBM. It was a pleasure learning from them and using much of what they taught me.

The last 5 years, the work day went from 8 to an avg of 12 hrs with lots of oversight by management.
Pros
Smart People
Cons
Long intense hours with lots of oversight
Fun workplace with better co-workers!
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2015
Flexible hours, and a fun workplace with supportive management. Managed a team of five co-workers in a low-supervision environment, whilst tackling smaller tasks, and ad-hoc requests. I personally developed into a team leader with the support and trust of my project manager.
Pros
Flexible hours, and a fun workplace with supportive management.
Good job to build experience
IT Analyst and Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONOctober 5, 2015
Pros: Great place to build networks and experience
Cons: Hard to move up and pay is not fair.
Lunches are short, if you have been with the company for a while then you are okay other wise it will take some time to move up
Pros
Great place to build networks and experience
Cons
Hard to move up and pay is not fair.
Fun & Professional place to work
Customer Service Representitive (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCOctober 5, 2015
The job varied over the years. All in all it was a fun place to work with supportive management. I always had growth opportunities. The pay was competitive.
Great company
Security Program Manager (Current Employee) –  MObileOctober 2, 2015
SPM (Security Program Manager) Responsibilities:
 Perform requirements review, decompose high level RFS business requirements into technical & functional requirements, design tactical & strategic security solution, develop WBS, engage global development resources, organize solution scope into sub projects, organize development /deployment in waves within P/SDLC phases, create integrated project plan/s (Waterfall / Agile), estimate budgets, coordinate plans with interdependent projects, execute plans, manage regular change requests
 Document the investment in; RFS, PDR, SOW, GAP and Cost/Benefit Analysis, Integrated Project Plan, APD/ADD, DOUs, Financial Forecasting, Executive Presentations, Deep Dive Audits, Steady State Plans
 Project Management following a blend of Waterfall/Agile and Business Transformation Methodology
 Project Resources - large global project teams (10-60 professionals), BAU, CIO and GSS SME support
 Project Scope – deployment of 200+ server/application instances in 21 different data centers in various GEOs and creating process for steady state lifecycle management for capacity and scalability
 Financial Budgets – high level estimation, demand forecasting, FTE estimation, cost tracking for multimillion dollar, 3.5 year enterprise investment – Steady State cost of 1.1M/year
 Clear understanding of the “big picture”, creative problem solving, effective communication, process tailoring and removal of road blocks are essential in managing complex global security solution
Pros
Education
Cons
in Transition
Excellent company to work for
Tech Support Bench Tech (Current Employee) –  MarkhamOctober 1, 2015
my favorite part about working at IBM is my co-workers and the management. My directors are very approachable and easy to talk to!
Great benefits, hands on training, very competitive pay rates and the people are just great! The corporate culture is relaxed while there is a major feeling of being a part of a team. The company mission statement is clear and it seems that all employees really are there to help people find jobs in their own way. Expectations and goals are high but the support is present to help all employees achieve set goals. Management wants to help their teams succeed.
Supportive and motivated environment
System Analyst/Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  BramptonSeptember 29, 2015
IBM provide diverse environment, everyone get the chance to grow and show their skills and talent.
IBM try to provide balance environment it takes care personal life and work life.
Very Good
Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 27, 2015
• Network support for Canadian, American and international clients in government, bank, railway, hospital, energy, oil, engineering, power and medicine companies, and manufacture enterprises.
• Network systems monitoring, problem analysis, troubleshooting, co-operating with high level network analysts and the end users to solve the network problems.
• Analyzing and troubleshooting networks based on Cisco Routers and Switches, Cisco firewall, IDS & IPS, VoIP & CallManager, Wireless LAN Controller, Wireless Access Point, and network protocols RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and HSRP, VRRP, GLBP., and VLAN, VPN.
• Performs technical, administrative, hands on tasks to ensure network availability is successfully maintained at its highest levels, including incident/problem resolution, supporting moves, adds, changes, and maintaining overall network health for the clients' network.
Results - focused, no funny business.
IT Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 27, 2015
IBM is a serious company. I was looking for a serious job and I landed it. Rules were quite strict but that's expected. I had fun nevertheless and made a lot of friends doing very interesting things.
Pros
Much to learn
Cons
Strict on breaks
Productive area
Windows 7 Migration support Analyst (Former Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 24, 2015
My work helps me develop my knowledge base, it is a brain-stimulant because of the many challenges that I tackle at work and It gives me a sense of achievement at the end of the day of course, the money that it offers.
Highly challenging work environment that requires multi tasking
Senior Advisory Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 23, 2015
As a senior tax advisor my role was to support IBM internal business units and IBM customers with all tax related issues. Liaison with government and internal auditors. Highly professional job role that required very little supervision as my role was a tax subject matter expert.
Great experience working at IBM
System Administrator /Consultant (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 21, 2015
Day work is focused on the assigned projects, making sure to deliver on time and to the satisfaction of client
Learned organization and coordination
Great place to accept challenges
Excellent working atmosphere
Good people to work with
Love to recommend individuals
Some times you need to be flexible to deliver the project and accommodate the requirement
Enjoyable part is the working atmosphere and helping co-workers
Pros
social events and engagements
Cons
Did not find any
Good Training and Career Advancement
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 19, 2015
Good Training and Career Advancement

Everyday is a day of learning new things and ideas and new process
- Management always support professional growth
- Co-workers sometimes hard to get along but the key is we always work as a team
-The hardest part of the job is when they don't recognized what you contributed but only see your mistake.
-The most enjoyable part of the job is when they give you the trust and confidence with your work with less supervision and the people around you is very supportive.