IBM

IBM Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very good work culture
Senior Learning Specialist (Former Employee), New DelhiMarch 8, 2014
Very good experince. I worked with IBM for around 7 years and it was an absolute plesure working with the company. I would definetly want to join IBM if i get an opportunity again in Canada.
Very busy and noisy
Project Life Cycle Manager and PCO /PM assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 6, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: no recognition
very busy - multy tasking - keeps job interesting, over the years I have learned quite alot - hardest part of my job is not being recognized for work done - co- workers are great but everyone is so stressed -
Good start to a career.
System Support Analyst (Former Employee), Markham, ONMarch 6, 2014
Pros: friendly
Cons: high workload
Full training provided for the accounts that you will support. Great for entry level.
I love Data Dictionaries and MEDICINE PUBLICHEALTH BIOSTATS
VP (Current Employee), Canada OTTAWAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: work hard get rewarded
Cons: ?
IBM needs women doctors who joined swe in 2010 and graduated with honors program in medical education 1997 and biostatistics umich ann arbor sph 2000. HP IBM CANADA everything's fine sunny day. I helped SUN Microsystems, VLSI Logic, EMC Greenplum Technology sector, Motorola SPS, ramsey Financial, rqsi.com, CISCO, macquarie Bank immensely and having – more... fun today.
From BiostatisticianhelpedPaulBycottDrPHPhDjoelLangePhDWellsFargo
Ever wonder what in the world the Global Financial Crisis was abt one month after Daddy made $20M retirement – less
Fun and Productive workplace
Senior Support Analyst (Former Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 24, 2014
This was a fun place to work as co-workers were always beside each other.
About IBM
Deskside Support (Current Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 17, 2014
Management highly professional
Great work experience.
IBM is great place to work where I have learn lot of skills.
Plenty of training provided
co-workers very supportive
Excellent Work Environment of IBM
Jr. Software Developer (Intern) (Former Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: learning
Most enjoyable part of the job was practical hands-on experience which broadened the theoretical knowledge I had gained in academic life. I could learn about large-scale and sophisticated products. Overall the treatment was very kind and encouraging.L
IBM
Advisory Sales Specialist (Current Employee), TorontoFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: education, it information, resources
Cons: no
 Increase revenue using social media & social selling
 Build and manage key relations ships using(LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter)
 Over 16 years of sales experience in the Telecommunication, Distribution, Networking & Retail industry.
 Customer-focused business professional with strong track record of increasing sales, improving customer satisfaction – more... and building customer relationships across multiple industries.
 Proven abilities to set and achieve goals, devise effective solutions, ability to think analytically with focus on problem troubleshooting.
 Working closely with C level and decision makers in Tier 1& Tier 2 accounts – less
Actively identify opportunities in white space, validating and passing them for progression to designated specialists.
Lead Development Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioFebruary 13, 2014
- Selling IBM Solutions – Software, Hardware, and Services
- Primary OI Engine for WebSphere Portfolio
Learning Advancement
Computer Technician (Current Employee), MarkhamFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: shifting schedule
You will learn things by moving you to different projects
You will learn how to configure POS, Build network racks, etc
Productive and Challenging work place
Service Contract Representative (Former Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long days
Everyday was a different task depending on customers. Management was always respectful and motivational.
Great learning experience
Sales Support (Former Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: work from home option, great people to work with
Cons: no recognition, no salary increase and job insecurity
- Helpful coworkers and understanding managers
- Good work/life balance
- Management could improve by helping people grow and develop more, move into different areas, changing or reviewing their communication and management methods
Good Training and Opportunity
Learning Partner (Former Employee), toronto, onJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: work 24/7
Great opportunity for advancement. The company provides good training but very little work/life balance.
Overall working exp in customer srvice
Lead Operations (Current Employee), DelhiJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: ..
Cons: ..
loved my job more then i loved my company. its been a great working experience all together.
OK
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee), TorontoJanuary 19, 2014
Learned BES, GoodMobile, RSA Security, New Application Support, Mac Support, Monitoring Network, Working in a team, It is nice to work for a Large company like EnCana Gas Company, Enjoying supporting people in person and over the phone and remotely login and support using Logmein.
Good contracts
Programmer AS400 (Former Employee), Toronto,ONJanuary 17, 2014
Good contracts, easy to work, good management/PM, provide laptop for contractors, remote work, etc
Friendly atmosphere
Software Developer (Co-op) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2014
My routine was 9 am to 5 pm. I learnt several important things at IBM. Talking with employers, emailing, customer relationships, greetings - as soft skills while as my hard skills - I learned cognos, database, installation of cognos, report designing. My co-workers were very helpful. I have never been to such corporate atmosphere before. The hardest – more... part of the job was my deadlines. I was a coop and I was doing overtime sometimes and even working on weekends to meet the deadlines. While the most enjoyable part of the job was getting guidance and help everyday from my co-workers. – less
Good place to work and to learn new skills.
Senior Technical Professional / Storage Management (Former Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: work flexibility.
Cons: comply with client demands that were unrealistic to meet.
Checked systems health status.
Read and answer emails.
Attended daily status meeting with peers and management.
Checked for status outstanding problem tickets.
Reviewed and updated change tickets prior to CAB meetings,
Senior management was helpful when I needed them.
Job can stressful at times.
I enjoyed the flexibility working from home.
Excellent – more... health benefits.
Hardest part of the job was the conflict of policies and standards from some of the clients I worked for, didn't match IBM standards and policies and I required management permission to complied with the clients request. – less
Can be productive and fun, if on the right team.
Software Developer (Former Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: company picnics, free lunches from time to time, team lunches, release celebrations
Cons: long hours, introverted environment
- Typical day as an intern vs full-time software developer is quite different.

- Interns are not exposed to office politics, cannot see IBM to client interaction and have more time to enjoy company benefits such as gym, table tennis, pool, soccer, basketball, beach volleyball. Since interns are students, lots of help, advice and coaching are provided – more... to ensure work is completed.

- Full-time regulars are given much more work. The salary is roughly 50-70% more than intern. However, due to work, there is not much time to enjoy the company's on-site amenities. There is a certain assumption that a regular is fully competent and capable. Hence, no help is ever offered to a regular. Training are lacking and also operates on the assumption that regulars are adept.

- Managers have no clear direction and objective as to what the team values. Uses strange management techniques to boost work efficiency (ie: gives initial bad evaluation in hopes the employee will later improve)

- Co-workers are generally introverted, agitated, and not very helpful when approached.When approaching IBM software authors for help, the general response is that they have not touched that code for some time. Hence, any help given was useless. – less
It is a good company to stay whole life,slow and steady
Senior SQL DBA (Current Employee), Calgary,AlbertaDecember 21, 2013
Pros: more scope to work
Cons: salary constraints
Feels comfortable to work here.As I am working in a client place,so have more confidence to convince my client by having face to face meeting

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more