IBM Employee Reviews

Network and Compliance specialist
Network Specialist (Current Employee) –  Delhi, ON20 February 2017
Better within complany owned workplace, onsite options are less to move out of india, within india its bad to move on customer location or else remain in central location of project.
monotonous desk work
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 December 2016
For me personally I found data entry to be monotonous. It wasn't challenging in any way other than physically sitting at a desk all day.
However I appreciate IBM giving University students summer job opportunities.
World Leader
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2017
I have had the privilege of working for this fine organization as a full time employee as well as a contractor. I worked with many talented individuals. I also supported many amazing organizations and clients.
Productive.
AIX Team Leader/ project manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON8 March 2017
Very stressful, great work mates. I worked in a 24hour all call environment with a rotating team of highly skilled Unix Administrators
I was the Team Leader we supported multiple out sourced clients.
Good work-life balance, average salary, bad management
Advisory Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON29 November 2016
One can join IBM if they want to be a dead animal, No future at all.
First line managers are absolute zero. Every one worries about themselves only, none about the company.
Pros
Good opportunity to learn on your own
Cons
Unethical
Clean and Healthy Work Environment
Technical Support - Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 March 2017
Had a lot of support from my colleagues and supervisors. Very friendly and supportive. Always learning new techniques and ways to solve various issues.
Good company to work for in 2011
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 February 2017
Not sure anymore as I have not been with company in years; Should read reviews from other sources. Have seen a lot of change in recent years.
contracting job
Sr. Java Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2016
Not a good place for contractors, permanent may be okay. Contractors are not respected for their efforts and once IBM permanent resource is on the bench, the contractor will be replaced regardless of his or her technical expertise.
Good international working culture
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 October 2016
I worked for nearly 13 years at IBM. The company has a good global working culture. I wish good success to IBM with it's new cognitive intelligent computing business.
Good job
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2017
Excellent place to work in. Conducive. Good people who places to multiple posituon. Ongoing job prospects. Nice to be . Good working conditions.

Cool
Pros
Good challenging roles
Cons
Pressue
Very well structured organization
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 November 2016
Working for IBM (as for any big corporation) requires particular attitude (ex. making sure that You always apply proper procedure for given task, that You're aware of every new policy and that You confirm to it, ...)
Pros
Working for well known organization
Cons
Not much liberty of decision making
Sr Technical Consultant - Perm (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2016
the incumbent of this position is a technical specialist who contributes to the conception, development and implementation and support of several management tools in the delivery of Bell’s Managed Services (MS) for environments such
Excellent experience and salary
Intern Webform Server Developer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC12 January 2017
Working on one of the biggest enterprise software product is exciting. Coworker are the best developers of course.
It's all about the detail for everything.
DB2 DBA working under GTS (Former Employee) –  IBM Canada 3600 Steeles Ave E, Markham Ontario12 July 2016
The best place to learn the ropes as a systems dba, which has a high element of operating systems work. Up until this job I had worked as a Technical / Enterprise DBA and an Application DBA.

A big perk was the abilty to work from home. On a typical day you would work on the projects you were assigned. Some work was maintenece related (Steady state) work. The work was done for clients who had paid IBM for DB2 suppport.

The work involved building db2 systems on AIX and Windows platforms. The environments were High Availability, HADR and HACMP and included installs of TSM Cllient. This was a great learning oppportunity as I had supported systems with HA before, but had never installed them myself.
A great balanced contract position
Portable Storage Media (PSM) Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2016
This was a good starting contract position that allowed me to get experience in my field. I've met many great colleagues through this job.
More shifts every year, no wage increase
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 October 2016
I think ibm is moving away from service. They are moving away from hardware and into more of a admin type of company. Every year less employees and more shifts and overtime.
Pros
Pay was good but didn't keep up with inflation
Cons
company no longer interested in serviceing hardware.
Promises work / life balance, but doesn't deliver!
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2014
Good salary and benefits, and on the surface offers many employee programs to further career and training, plus flexible working hours and locations. HOWEVER: should you actually request access to these programs or increased flexibility, they then refuse all requests. Beware if you have 'invisible' disabilities such as mental health issues: you WILL be discriminated against.
It's a pity that a company that has built it's reputation by respecting employees and being a leader in equal opportunities, has fallen so far below the standards you'd expect. Working here has been the biggest disappointment of my career.
Pros
Good salary & benefits
Cons
Poor management, terrible attitude towards employee needs
Huge multinational corporation with well defined HR policies and practices
Human Resources Partner (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 October 2015
Fast paced and locally growth through acquisition of companies which created lots of integration challenges.

Very large organization which had a lot of HR programs and policies.

Great workplace flexibility but high expectations - results oriented.
Pros
Compensation, workplace flexibility, diversity
Cons
Long hours and high performance expectations
Level 2 - Remote Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 November 2016
Every day was filled with chanllenging work. Colleague worked in a team matter. The days were full of joy knowing that each customer I serviced was happy to have been serviced by me in order to get their matter solved
Pros
bonus
Ibm
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 February 2017
Ensuring timely adherence to schedule
Learnt more on metrics that dictate the Service Desk
Satisfied Clients
High CSAT
Pros
Close proximity to residence