IBM
4,522 reviews

IBM Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun contest who get s the most calls
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 7, 2014
Pros: example free lunches
Cons: example it was a contract job for 1 yr.
it was awesome working there, because i was able to understand how to handle irritated calls from customers.
working with computer
Pc Technician (Former Employee), torontoApril 3, 2014
Pros: minimum time
Cons: regular hours
Installing windows and configuration.
Resolve windows problems.
Insolving office and another software
explain some complain via phone line to the customers.
IBM
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 1, 2014
Pros: different opportunities to work within ibm
Cons: work/life balance not good, salary not good
It;s ok to work at IBM. Nothing great.
Co-workers are great. There is alot to learn within IBM.
fun and productive
Team lead/ Network Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2014
Learn new technologies, management strategies and implementation techniques
Productive and fun workplace
IMAC Coordinator/Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Markham, ONMarch 24, 2014
Had the experience workingwith the most amazing Mangers, very helpful and friendly co-workers.
Very Corporate
Technical Analyst - Control Desk (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioMarch 21, 2014
Pros: learning opportunities
Cons: too competitive, no team work
I learned a lot at IBM but it was not a happy place to be. Competition was ultra extreme and team work was almost non existent.
Fun and very good workplace
Application Developer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 21, 2014
Great to place to work. Always exciting and something to learn.
Truly international organization offering long-term career options.
Strategy & Transformation Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2014
A typical day at work: Go into the office or work remotely from home, attending meetings with colleagues and clients, collaborating globally to achieve results
What you learned: Global collaboration
Management: Hierarchical, matrix organization
Your co-workers: Always willing to help
The hardest part of the job: Overcoming process hurdles
The most enjoyable – more... part of the job: Global collaboration – less
Contract site was top notch
Desk-side IT support (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 20, 2014
Pros: awesome site environment
Cons: ibm continually cutting hours sometimes more than 20h a week.
Typical day work was fairly basic but fun.
Check for new tickets and call back all new ones.
Sort and prioritize urgency of tickets.
Fix urgent user issues.
Prepare systems for users. New, swap and loaner systems.

I learned large companies don't let you fix all that you can. Each segment has there roll.

Co-workers are all awesome.

Hardest part of – more... the job is getting everything done when they cut your hours by 60%.

Great contract site. So going to work was something you looked forward to. – less
Professional and Process Orianted
Onshore Test Lead (Test Specialist) (Former Employee), Toronto (Markham),ONMarch 18, 2014
I am glad that I have worked for IBM. IBM is process oriented company and highly professional.
Balanced work/life environment
SAP Project Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2014
I enjoyed working at IBM. Perhaps needs a bit more PMO structure
Teleweb Customer Support Representative
Teleweb Customer Support Representative (Current Employee), Saint John, NBMarch 14, 2014
I take various different calls as inbound and outbound customers.
Consultant
Package Solution Consultant (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 12, 2014
Working as a PLM Consultant in the Engineering and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) practice of Supply Chain Management Competency. The practice is responsible for providing Consulting and System integration solutions in Supply Chain, CAD/CAE and PLM domains.
My Job summary
Help Desk Agent-for all Loblaw companies (Former Employee), 3600, steels ave, Markham,Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2014
Pros: recognition of hard work by awards, rewards, free lunch etc
Cons: long hours
Every day is a typical day. Supported all Loblaw related companies globally 24/7 for various sectors like corporate offices, warehouses, all the stores globally, all gas stations, pharmacies and different departments like Joe fresh, Photo studios/labs, optical section.
I have learned to manage to handle fast paced, hectic and critical situations and – more... find solutions. Indeed it was really thrilling to work in that kind of environment. It is not an easy task, because we need to handle various hardware (like PCs, workstations, servers, POS related hardware, various printers,RF telxon guns, scanners, weighing scales, UPS, switches and routers) and software applications related issues, network related issues, Servers(Exchange,database,application,virtual servers), web sites and web services(various websites related to HR,finance,store related,global payment,gas bar,pharmacy,optical,etc..), RF applications, VPN, Active Directory, authentication related issues. All of these are with different platforms like windows(xp,7,server 2008)
Unix, Linux, Mainframe etc and also SAP applications and many more. for all these we need to remember different user ids and passwords. from time to time induction of software upgrades,patches, fixes and new applications and we handled without any prior training. All the co-workers are really co operative , helpful in times of any clarifications, mutually exchange news ideas and method of resolving issues.
The hardest part--whenever there is a major power outage, network outage, internet outage, the calls will be pouring in unable to handle calls. the most enjoyable part --whenever an issue is resolved immediately without any time consumption. the client is happy and we are happy. – less
Fun and productive team to work with
Technical Team Lead Support Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2014
Job consist of upgrading end users Desktop/Laptop due to end of lease. Backup of data, reinstallation of applications and restoring data was provided for all end users as part of SLA,

Gained a wealth of knowledge supporting different RBC environments as a dedicated resource for the IBM/RBC Asset Alliance project. The knowledge gained lead me into a – more... team leader role where I served as a main point of contact for more junior and or new technicians who joined the team. Help task out work to all technicians and assist with scheduling end users for upcoming PC refresh activates.

Most enjoyable part of the job was my teammates. Management was impeccable. – less
Very good work culture
Senior Learning Specialist (Former Employee), New DelhiMarch 8, 2014
Very good experince. I worked with IBM for around 7 years and it was an absolute plesure working with the company. I would definetly want to join IBM if i get an opportunity again in Canada.
Very busy and noisy
Project Life Cycle Manager and PCO /PM assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 6, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: no recognition
very busy - multy tasking - keeps job interesting, over the years I have learned quite alot - hardest part of my job is not being recognized for work done - co- workers are great but everyone is so stressed -
Good start to a career.
System Support Analyst (Former Employee), Markham, ONMarch 6, 2014
Pros: friendly
Cons: high workload
Full training provided for the accounts that you will support. Great for entry level.
I love Data Dictionaries and MEDICINE PUBLICHEALTH BIOSTATS
VP (Current Employee), Canada OTTAWAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: work hard get rewarded
Cons: ?
IBM needs women doctors who joined swe in 2010 and graduated with honors program in medical education 1997 and biostatistics umich ann arbor sph 2000. HP IBM CANADA everything's fine sunny day. I helped SUN Microsystems, VLSI Logic, EMC Greenplum Technology sector, Motorola SPS, ramsey Financial, rqsi.com, CISCO, macquarie Bank immensely and having – more... fun today.
From BiostatisticianhelpedPaulBycottDrPHPhDjoelLangePhDWellsFargo
Ever wonder what in the world the Global Financial Crisis was abt one month after Daddy made $20M retirement – less
Fun and Productive workplace
Senior Support Analyst (Former Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 24, 2014
This was a fun place to work as co-workers were always beside each other.

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more