IBM Employee Reviews

Good benefits but no job security
Senior Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 September 2016
Very top heavy organization, more managers than working employees. New ideas and requirements seem to be forced on to employees with little regard as to whether they offer any benefit or are even remotely relevant to ones situation.
Productive workplace with a fast paced environment
Level 1 Tech Support Analyst - Scotiabank Account (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON6 October 2016
The typical day at work was very fast paced and productive, took around 30 or even more calls per day. I learned how to work well in a fast paced environment, as well as dealing well with customers.
Great opportunities
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 October 2016
I enjoyed 5 years with IBM, and really enjoyed it. I was given lots of opportunities to take on larger and more complex projects without having to travel (or go into an office for that matter)
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Demanding
overall good exposure
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 October 2016
I liked working for various clients at IBM. The company uses a lot of technology and I met many professionals from all over North America and more here.
Pros
Technology
Cons
High expectations
Productive , well managed
IT/Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2015
Supportive management and fun to work at. Decent amount of politics and decent growth not as expected. Law job security and enough amount of benefits.
Learning Path
Senior QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 May 2016
I have been place into project where i grow and gain valuable experience .A typical work environment , Grate team i work with , and have a good relationship with team, Manager whom i work under i learn a lot
Pros
Place you in project where you grow
Cons
Long Hours, No work life balance
A great balanced contract position
Portable Storage Media (PSM) Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2016
This was a good starting contract position that allowed me to get experience in my field. I've met many great colleagues through this job.
Service Desk.
Alberta Health Services IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 November 2016
IBM was a service desk for AHS. It was my first job when I moved to Calgary. They had a lot of improvements to make which I heard they made. I had some great co workers too. The pay was decent also.
Very odd position as you were a contractor and needed to do everything that Employees did, however because you were not an employee you did not quali
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB7 March 2016
The day was never the same,with us taking over the back office duties from the closure of Argentina work was fast paced. Daily you needed to think on your feet let senor management know if outside the parameters, and they would add that situation to the parameters for daily work.
Pros
they had a on line univeristy so you could take any course for free.
Cons
As a contractor the security was as long as the contract was, and you did not qualify for many perks as you were not an IBM employee
Great experience in consulting field
Infrastructure architect (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2016
A great dynamic environment that motivates you to push forward and advance your career . Allows to have such a amazing balance between work and life without any sacrifice.
Information Company
Partner (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 April 2016
A company that enables employee promotion with various areas of the business.
Allowed for work/life balance in most areas.
Mobile UI Automation Developer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 November 2016
Was a fine place to work. Slightly flexible on hours more concerned about work being done than being present for a 40 hour work week
Great environment for engineers
Technical Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Leader, SK16 August 2016
IBM is a great company to move forward.Environment,policy and team-playing is really great.

My job was team leader as level 2 technician and we were involved in a project with BMO to deploy their data and stacks.

Strongly recommend all engineers to seek a job there.
QA Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON4 October 2016
It was great working with them, i learned a lot and the staff people are really helpful and friendly.
The hours are flexible..
it was a contract based job, but if i will get oportunity i loved to do full time job with them.
Had nice work culture and team support
IT SUPPORT/NETWORK (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON17 August 2016
Team was really good , always ready to help each other , every moment. Nice overtime , always help
Their employees by offering different coupes and discounts for different purchases.
Pros
NO RESTRICTION
Cons
WAS OK
Productive and Busy Environment
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 October 2016
-Very busy environment
-Provide training to new employees
-Very cooperative coworkers great ambience
-Team work
-Coordinate with other groups for any escalations
Great group of people in a large bureaucratic company
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2016
Company lost its "innovation" years ago. convoluted process in doing the simplest of things (expenses, travel, time reporting). Great part about IBM is still the people that work there, even though Canada is treated as the "oops child". No autonomy and everything is driven by the US. Even worse in the West, as decisions are also executed mostly in Toronto. Calgary office is 100% the best office in Canada, but lacks opportunities outside of oil & gas.
Pros
People. Pay.
Cons
1 type of clients. no support for upper upper management (Toronto or New York)
Great place
Customer Service and Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2016
I really enjoyed the team and atmosphere. I made some very long lasting friendships. Working there felt like I was making a difference.
Not Bad Company
Computer Tape Librarian (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 June 2016
Good company to start with but no job security. job nature is good. no overload. friendly coworkers. due to recession, lots of employees are getting laid off, no security.
Working with professionals is an asset
Project Manager , Complex GTS Service Delivery (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2015
IBM's PMO for GTS provides challenging opportunities for one to deliver solutions by using multiple PM approaches. Hitting customer service levels is key but working with amazingly talented, dedicated people makes all the difference
Pros
good salary