IBM
3,443 reviews

IBM Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company with many opportunities to sharpen your skills.
Inside Sales, Customer Support (Former Employee), Markham, OntarioDecember 5, 2013
IBM is a great corporate company to learn new skills and sharpen your existing skills thru their Big Blue University and all of ithe available courses to all employees. They help you help yourself. This approach leads to additional possibilities for constant improvement and advancement. This insures that IBM has a constant pool of talented individual – more... working together for the betterment of all involved.
I highly reccomend IBM as an equal and fair employer. – less
One of the Best employers I had
Deputy Manager training (Former Employee), IndiaDecember 3, 2013
Pros: continuous learning
Cons: long hours
Started as a Lead Trainer and eventually promoted as Deputy Manager Training.

I owe majority of the leaning, problem solving techniques, team building, delivering on KPI's with IBM.

It had an extremely employee friendly atmosphere and appreciation for good work and delivering on the KPI's
Good environment to work in
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ANALYST (Current Employee), 3600 Steeles ave ENovember 28, 2013
Pros: alot of hours
Cons: travelling time
Good people to work with. alot of learning experience. typical day would be taking calls, resolving problems at first point of contact. if unable escalating issues to second level support
Great Contract
SAP Materials Management Functional team member (Current Employee), Ottawa ON Canadian DNDNovember 27, 2013
Pros: the people
Cons: too much work for too few people
Solid and experienced people to work with. No slackers.

Work was always challenging and fast paced
ok
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 27, 2013
Pros: good place to work
Cons: nothing as such
Monday,
learned a lot
good management
late hours
lunchtime
Trained on campus on Rhapsody software using UML
TRAINEE (Former Employee), Sir Padampat Singhania University, Udaipur, INDIANovember 27, 2013
In training I was taught Rhapsody software by IBM. It was a UML based project.
I had made Automatic traffic control system for which I also got completion certificate.
In Rhapsody software I had to create Actors and Use case diagram to generate program for my project.
Project helped me being independent, focused and most of all confident with new knowledge.
gave my life back
Customer Care Executive (Former Employee), Kolkata, WBNovember 22, 2013
Pros: net sirfing
a typical day at work was before my examination
professionalism at work
well planned
I loved my pals
the hardest part of the job was customer satisfaction
the most enjoyable part of the job was salary on last day of every month
Amazing Co-workers
Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 20, 2013
Worked with amazing people who strive to give each client the best possible customer service while working in a very complex environment and balance priorities.
Exellent Place to work
Tech Sales (Former Employee), India MohaliNovember 18, 2013
• Able to install vision to achieve company goals and surpass expectations while ensuring non confrontation on quality standards front.
• Successful in creating and implementing strategic plans with the team and developing improved procedure to meet short and long term objectives.
Experience in operations restructuring to address client concerns effectively – more... in order to achieve higher degree of business retention and generation – less
Contract Position
Administrative Support for Network Services (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 17, 2013
Pros: great employee appreciation day functions.
This was a contract position through Kelly's Services.
A small team traced and recorded Bell's and Telus' voice and circuit lines.
I won't go back to IBM call center anymore!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saint John, NBNovember 14, 2013
Pros: friendly colleagues (excluding managers), flexible schedule
Cons: low wage, too much pressure, no benefits, no perks, not enough time for training
IBM is a cheap (s h i t) company to work for, they will ask for everything but almost nothing in return except below average salary. I won't recommend to work at any IBM call center unless you have no other choice!
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), IndiaNovember 14, 2013
Pros: good place to work
good place to work,helping clients with technical difficulties to connect to the web,cracking challenges of clients was really fun and good learning.management and co-workers were very helpful and good.hardest part is to handle irate clients,most enjoyable part is learning new stuff at work.
Chew you up then spit you out
INFORMATION ARCHITECT/SENIOR WRITER (Former Employee), Markham, ONNovember 12, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: you're only as valuable as your last success
I was, variously, a project manager, people manager, technical writer, and information architect during my time at IBM. I worked on large-scale, enterprise software, such as DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows. I liked the work, and I did well, for the most part; I was at the band 9 (out of 10) job level when I left.

IBM is increasingly moving jobs that – more... used to be in North America to developing economies, like India and China. Each year, they seem to have a cull ("resource action") where jobs are cut. Much of the work seems to get picked up by IBMers in Asia who make a fraction of what Canadians or Americans make; in other cases, the work has to get picked up the few people that remain in North America. In a lot of cases, departments would lose a bunch of experienced people, only to have them replaced by new university grads ... a cynic might look at this as a way of saving money on salaries/pensions.

There are lots of senior managers who have built little empires that they protect fiercely. Particularly in the area I worked in, there were directors who created organizations filled with sycophants who would develop over-the-top processes, standards and procedures that would add little value to the products being developed.

The pay is good, and the benefits, while they get whittled away little by little every year, weren't bad. – less
Very good company to work for
Test Lead / Lead Quality Analyst (Current Employee), London, ONNovember 11, 2013
I did learn a lot
I did grow professionally to be a seasoned professional under IBM
good stable company to work with
System Engineer (Current Employee), Petah Tikva, IsraelNovember 9, 2013
Enterprise level customers, with the latest technology to imlement.
good
SENIOR APPLICATION CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Bangalore, KANovember 8, 2013
Pros: overall good
Cons: no
I have learned SAP GTS through internal trainings and as well as i got opportunity to work onsite. USA & Germnay. IBM management follow ethis and management give me good opportunity to develop in GTS area.
Fun place to work but having a work life balance was a little difficult
Application Developer (Former Employee), Kolkata, WBNovember 5, 2013
IBM was a good place to work at. It had many experienced employees who were experts in their field of work and very helpful as well. A typical day at IBM would start off with daily meeting updates. However, the client whose project I was associated was very demanding. Initially there was work life balance but it gradually disappeared in the two years – more... that I was there. In my opinion the management was a bit at fault as they gave in to each and every demand of the client not considering the fact that some employees were working odd hours as well as on weekends. Of course if this were a one off scenario it would have been much tolerable but unfortunately that was not the case. Of course as a fresher I learned everything of what I know by working in that company. So in that sense I am indebted to IBM for giving me the initial exposure to the corporate world. – less
Responsible and high performance
Project Manager Assistant; (Former Employee), Campinas, BrazilNovember 5, 2013
• Responsible for leading contract management functions for small IBM Global Technology Services contracts.
• Coordination, communication and control functions. Setup and configuration of document management repositories utilizing PgMP, Lotus Notes and Microsoft Office.
• Continuously reviews projects to make sure that all key performance indicators – more... are being met and ensure all tasks are completed.
• Coordination of monthly billing. Tracking of all open invoices as well as addressing any issues raised by the customer, interacting with the various billing units to ensure timely explanations or corrections are performed as well as maintaining a high level of satisfaction with customer.
• Responsible for Draft and Execution of Contract Changes, as well as communicating changes to all team members.
• Provide project managers support on usage of the PgMP tool and Team rooms (Lotus Notes).
• Tracking of Request for Services (RFS) / SOW execution and associated paper work, closing the projects in the tool after issue the associated invoice.
• Document and distribute minutes for several meetings.
• Create project management templates e.g.: Issue, Risks, Deliverables and Actions Log based on compliance requirements.
• Attended program status meetings and ensure meeting notes/action items are clearly documented and communicated.
• Contributed to the development and implementation of standards for document naming conventions, version control within the program document repository.
• Maintain issue/action log; project change log, risk log, deliverables log and communication/minutes.
• Assist in completing of all project related documentation. General office administrative support.
• Contract Calendar management. Setup and coordinating meetings.
• Creates and maintains monthly divisional/departmental vacation calendar.
• Ad-hoc support to Project Executive (e.g.: prepare customer presentations & status reports).
• On Boarding/Off Boarding.
• Ensure overall business controls and audit posture for the contract. – less
good place to survive
Level 3 Analyst (Former Employee), Bangalore, KANovember 5, 2013
Pros: flexible timings
Cons: development is slow
Easy going environment usually but can really get on nerves in tense situations e.g taking over new project, something wrong happen near release date.
to evolve, one need to keep on changing the role
Nice Company
Project Manager (Former Employee), Markham, ONNovember 4, 2013
One of the big five consulting firms. Very nice environment to work in.

About IBM

IBM is a global technology and innovation company that stands for progress. With operations in over 170 countries, IBMers around – Read more