4,336 reviews

IBM Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced environment
Project Coordinator/Technical Writer - Scotia Bank (Current Employee), Markham, ONJune 10, 2014
IBM is an extremely fast paced, structured environment to work in. This can be good for business reasons, but sometimes is not good for morle. There needs to be more of a balance.
Very flexable in terms of work location. I work remotley from home
Senior Applications Analyst (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 10, 2014
I really enjoy working from home, but when it comes to collaberating with co-workers it's difficult because everyone has a very large work load
fun place to work at
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 9, 2014
Pros: flexibility and i was able to suggest fixes
Cons: contract work
I loved it. It was the same job I did before for them. I also had to supervise agents on Saturdays. I had to make sure phone lines were working and agents came to work.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Team Lead SAP-ABAP/SAP-BPC (Current Employee), Toronto, CanadaJune 8, 2014
Productive and Fun Workplace
Got an opportunity of working with one of the Premier IBM Clients in Canada.
Productive and fun place to work when you are sitting among frinedly people who work hard and try to help other team member.
System Administrator (Current Employee), North York, OnJune 4, 2014
Productive and fun place to work when you are sitting among friendly people who work hard and try to help other team member.
N/A
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), North York, ONMay 30, 2014
It was okay to work there, but I honestly did not like the people that were there.
Temporary assignments (Former Employee), MarkhamMay 27, 2014
Pros: working at home
Cons: no benefits, vacation, no security, salary never increases
It was a great work life balance where I could manage my own time, work, job with little or no supervision. Co-workers were home based and very helpful at times. Found the management team, from Kelly Services/IBM, not helpful most times. You were left to "sink or swim", and when taking steps to be proactive, were reprimanded. As a temporary employee, – more... not given the same treatment. I was asked to cross train a new person (male), in August 2011, which I did. I was then told a week later, my contract was up. I later found out that this person I trained, a friend of the Director at IBM. They had a personal connection, and I reported this insubordination and discrimination to IBM executives, so that it didn't happen again. No reply, or acknowledgement from IBM, or Kelly Services. My manager at Kelly, was fully aware of this situation, and did nothing to assist me. I am 58 years old now, hard to find any job, age is definitely a factor.

I am a fully qualified administrative support person, reliable, dependable, and adapt very well to new situations. I take charge, and get the job done. – less
Help Desk (Former Employee), Saint John, NBMay 20, 2014
Working for IBM was great. Even though we knew our jobs were eventually being sent to India, it was one of my favorite employers.
Productive and fun workplace with so many activites like table tennies, pool table, chess board, carame board, organised parties .
Sr. \Executive operations (Former Employee), Delhi, ONMay 13, 2014
Pros: transport facilities, medical check up
Cons: long hours
Yes Its True that my IBM job productive and fun workplace with table tennis, pool table, chess board carame board. There celebrated all the festivals with fun distribute prizes and gifts. Organised fundo Friday, grandure parties, Team fund parties, picnic tour, Dj parties. soo more.
I learned there to work as a team not individual. Management was very – more... supportive all the time never hurt any body.
My co-workers was good every body had to work team but always remember team become individual performance.

I never forgot my IBM Job. – less
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee), Subject Matter ExpertMay 13, 2014
Pros: ibm
Cons: pay, benefits, culture
Felt like we where drones and management was clueless. We where the phone support for the Canada Post EST program. One good thing ,no weekends.
World Class Organization specially for Work life balance
Infrastructure Architect and Lead (Current Employee), CanadaMay 11, 2014
Pros: work from home awesome training and knowledge sharing
Cons: rémunerations
Top Level organization to work with, matches and excels in all industry standards.
Very good company
SAP EH&S Solution Architect (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 9, 2014
The International Business Machines Corporation is an American multinational technology and consulting corporation, with headquarters in Armonk, New York, United States.
Once a great innovative company !!
Lead Product Specialist, Options (Current Employee), TorontoMay 9, 2014
Pros: good chance to learn and be exposed to technologies.
Cons: the company has lost its way ; no more respect for the individual ;broken culture
Impressive aspects of IBM are you get to work with the latest software and hardware technology. Excellent opportunity for education and growth. A lot of very smart people that work together to get a job done.

Bloated top heavy archaic management style with finance running the show. Too many layers of red tape slow downs projects. Skewed review process – more... "PBC".

A former technology leader that has lost its way and is selling off business units to reach an EPS of 20$ from 2010 to 2015 has sacrificed what made the company great and has broken the culture. – less
One of the most solid companies, with an extensive history of sucess,
Benefits and Compensation Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 2, 2014
Pros: employee apreciation programs, challenging tasks, supportive management and a broad array of training and development oportunities
Cons: benefits were strongly afected by 2008 crisis
Here employees are given the tools to grow and propose new ideas. An excellent place to work, been exposed to manny different ideas, projects, cultures and peers from all over the world. I obtained important experience on how to better manage resources, adapting and transitoning processes, developing internal controls and procedures. Six sigma training.
Our – more... account, P&G Canada, placed the administration of their benefits and compensation plans on us, making us part as well of their core values and methods making it a pgood example of BPO efficiency when properly managed.
2008 recession affected manny aspects of our operations, forcing to eventually minimize the costs for employee benefit programs. – less
Great poeple to work with!
Business Development (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 29, 2014
Amazing staff, fun environment.
I utilize social media a lot.
Wonderful boss.
Most enjoyable part of my job is the events.
Great work life balance
DOCUMENTATION TEAM LEAD (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 29, 2014
People at IBM are great and care a lot about there work and are eager to innovate and exceed client goals.
Good place for younger employees who just finished school.
People Manager (Current Employee), ONApril 28, 2014
Pros: flexible workplace, lots of opportunity to increase skills
Cons: confusing strategic directions, requirements on employees to do more for less
Plenty of information is available on Internet.
Just search for IBM strategy, or IBM stock and this will bring all sorts of stories.
Its a kind of job that i always looking around 'Technical support with customers interaction
Desktop support technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 27, 2014
its a good company performing an excellent customer service role
very productive
knowledge on project management (Former Employee), pakistanApril 22, 2014
Pros: trainings, entertainment
Cons: issues with customer care
best company to work in.but sometimes management didn't respond well in critical issues.
24/7 rotational shift with excellent team mates.
Advanced System Operator (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 18, 2014
Pros: free online ibm certification courses
Cons: 12 hrs rotational shift could be daunting on people with kids
IBM gives opportunity to learn new technology and to get involved with innovative projects. It all depends on how you really use your precious time productively.

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more