IBM Employee Reviews

Great environment for engineers
Technical Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Leader, SK16 August 2016
IBM is a great company to move forward.Environment,policy and team-playing is really great.

My job was team leader as level 2 technician and we were involved in a project with BMO to deploy their data and stacks.

Strongly recommend all engineers to seek a job there.
Great Company
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 December 2016
I love working here, Sometimes it is just hard to find the next step as it is spread across the world with tens of thousands of people working here. Have been a proud employ for years.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
long hours some days
good place to gain experience
Compiler Optimization Developer (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON21 November 2016
good place to gain experience. But the culture and the working habits may varies from team to team. work/life balance is great tho. you can come in late as long as you finish your jobs
Great opportunities
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 October 2016
I enjoyed 5 years with IBM, and really enjoyed it. I was given lots of opportunities to take on larger and more complex projects without having to travel (or go into an office for that matter)
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Demanding
Strangled by Process and Controls
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 June 2016
After years of layoffs and cutbacks we're down to staffing levels that cannot suffer more than one sick day. Stress levels are incredibly high. The expectation is always that your name is next on the layoff list, and has been so since well before the recent economic problems.
No cost of living raises. Adjusted for inflation I'm now paid several thousands of dollars a year less than when I was hired.
Basically this company should no longer be thought of as a leader, but rather as an entry level position.
Pros
Work from home! That's about it.
Cons
5 year old, 14" laptop. Culture of treating people as capital.
Good place for graduates to gain experience
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2016
Good place to work for fresh graduates to gain experience. Good chance to move within the company but progress is slow.
Flexible working conditions. Friendly environment.
Service Desk.
Alberta Health Services IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 November 2016
IBM was a service desk for AHS. It was my first job when I moved to Calgary. They had a lot of improvements to make which I heard they made. I had some great co workers too. The pay was decent also.
Good Company to work with.
SAP Advisory Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2016
IBM is a good company, has many good clients and one can work at ease.
Learnt lot of new things,
But
It has weird policies, for small things approval from top management is required.
one can't move from one countries IBM to another countries IBM, even if jobs are available.
And there are many more such things.
Pros
Fun Culture, Opportunities to learn
Cons
Can't take decisions
Work from Home flexibility
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON7 November 2016
The company provides the greatest work flexibility that you can work from home and is very flexible to fit your work-life schedule. Co-workers are nice and helpful.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
job security
QA Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON4 October 2016
It was great working with them, i learned a lot and the staff people are really helpful and friendly.
The hours are flexible..
it was a contract based job, but if i will get oportunity i loved to do full time job with them.
Great Learning and Challenging environment
Lead Consolidation Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 August 2016
My time at IBM was very beneficial and a great learning experience. However, not working in a head-office environment has many disadvantages such as lack of visibility and possibility of future advancements.
Enjoyable place to work
National Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON19 September 2016
Great place to work from the perspective of working with great people and having a direct impact to the bottom line. Competitive, challenging, and self rewarding.
Pros
Work With Greeat People
Mixed bag experience
Content Designer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 May 2016
There are so many products and divisions, you have a fair bit of opportunity to try out different things. There are a lot of wonderful and talented people, but they're overworked and, frankly, exploited.
The relatively mediocre pay was compensated for by their flexible work policy, which was recently cancelled.
They have some interesting ideas in how they're going to revitalize the company, but they are not great at execution and too burdened by the pressure to cut costs... constantly.
Pros
lots of talent and products
Cons
slaves to the stock price
expectations too much
Global Technology Services (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 January 2017
great people but bad management style. not good at a balanced environment . need to be more helpful in guiding the employees. culture is not what they advertise
A great balanced contract position
Portable Storage Media (PSM) Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2016
This was a good starting contract position that allowed me to get experience in my field. I've met many great colleagues through this job.
IBM is a good place to work
Corporate Citizenship & Organization Change (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2016
Business Processes take up time.
Good training in consulting skills.
Some managers very strong
Many very smart people at IBM -- especially in software area
Too much administration for a professional job
Working with External Clients
Fun to find technical solutions
Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2016
It is a job with very much fun. We have to find the issues that users facing and resolve those problems through remote point. It is very interesting and gives more idea about RDP and VPN.
Client Relationship Representative (Former Employee) –  N/A30 September 2016
Had a great experience at IBM, as I spent nearly 11 years there. There was a pretty good work-life balance, which really kept me motivated. The salary was pretty attractive too.
Good international working culture
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 October 2016
I worked for nearly 13 years at IBM. The company has a good global working culture. I wish good success to IBM with it's new cognitive intelligent computing business.
overall good exposure
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 October 2016
I liked working for various clients at IBM. The company uses a lot of technology and I met many professionals from all over North America and more here.
Pros
Technology
Cons
High expectations