IBM Employee Reviews in Canada

Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
Its a great place to work. Peers were good. Managers were good and over all its a positive environment. Its a company where you can grow and apply your ideas, also see you ideas coming to life. Can only happen at IBM.
Great experience in consulting field
Infrastructure architect (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 18, 2016
A great dynamic environment that motivates you to push forward and advance your career . Allows to have such a amazing balance between work and life without any sacrifice.
Daily work life
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
My typical work day involves meetings, projects, reporting, communicating with clients, and meeting deadlines. I worked with a great bunch guys with who shared the same interests.
Pros
Competitive environment
Friendly office environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Co-workers made a great team to work with every day. Always ready to help each other and cover as needed. Management was supportive.
Pros
Nice spacious lunch room to enjoy one's break
Cons
Some rigidity in the work.
Long work hours with minimum apperication and less pay
Administration Data Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 6, 2016
The place to work is good but they don't give you any appreciation or nor they ever increase the salary after working there for many years.
Best company in the world!
Series of Sales/Marketing/Management Roles (Former Employee) –  OntarioDecember 1, 2015
Best company, best training, greatest opportunities for advancement, amazing intelligent people, not really bosses but peers to work with and grow!
Pros
opportunities and different job every 1-2 years..promotions, benefits, remuneration
Cons
cant' really think of any..
work from home
Service Availability Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJanuary 21, 2016
good support system, work with the best. You could have the possibility of working from home. Tools provided were good and most co-workers knew what to do or who to go to to get the job done.
Pros
work from home
Cons
coffee not included :)
Fun workplace
Bench Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONDecember 26, 2015
IBM Canada is a great workplace to if we do not consider job security. Everyone have to be ahead of time in office. Management is very strict about quality of work. Hardest part of the job is co workers need to work in same pace. Co-workers are excellent at IBM.
productive and fun workplace
Sr Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 18, 2016
workplace that recognizes innovations; everyone is always encouraged to try something new
friendly co-workers and very flexible working hours as long as the job gets done
Solid company, with career progression opportunity
ACCOUNT REP FOR BUSINESS PARTNERS (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONOctober 8, 2015
Good company to work for. Lots of support if/when you need it. Lots of processes and systems to learn.
Considerable amount of pressure to meet targets and report on deal progression.
The company offers a lot of activities outside of work which one has the option of taking part in (ie. softball, various clubs/teams)
Pros
Lots of job opportunities/ ability to move into other roles
Cons
long hours towards end of quarter.
One of the best place ever worked for
IT Windows Admin & Application Support (Current Employee) –  MississaugaOctober 6, 2015
I am very thankful for the opportunity to be part of a great organization. During this time I was exposed to state of the art products and practices serving critical environments for major clients. Developed long lasting relations with capable coo-workers in various disciplines producing valuable solutions. Had good feedback from all my managers and Project Managers during all this time. I do recommend IBM for a career opportunity and a place to grow."
Very Productive and fun
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 8, 2015
Great place to start as an entry level Customer Service Representative. They teach you telephone etiquette and how to handle customers that are irate. My coworkers were great people to work with they were fun individuals, very smart and helpful.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to make my talk time, it was a big challenge but I always met it.
Pros
awards for excellent calls
Cons
evening shifts 24/7
Huge multinational corporation with well defined HR policies and practices
Human Resources Partner (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 8, 2015
Fast paced and locally growth through acquisition of companies which created lots of integration challenges.

Very large organization which had a lot of HR programs and policies.

Great workplace flexibility but high expectations - results oriented.
Pros
Compensation, workplace flexibility, diversity
Cons
Long hours and high performance expectations
Left before sinking ship
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 10, 2016
It used to be a great place to work before moving work overseas.

Spent most of the time trouble shooting work coming from oversees. we also lost clients.

Poor upper management
Highly productive environment
Project Proposal Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Looking for a fast pace environment to manage a high-complex project from the initiation to closure phase. Working at IBM has been very rewarding and have been there since 2008.
Pros
Very fast pace
Cons
Productive and good company to improve in Career
Sr. Systems Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 4, 2015
IBM is a productive and very good company providing clear Career path to the employee. It provides lot of learning opportunities both online and classroom and the development path is well defined and flexible.
Pros
Career path clarity and mentoring
Cons
Management inefficiencies
Excellent company to work for
Tech Support Bench Tech (Current Employee) –  MarkhamOctober 1, 2015
my favorite part about working at IBM is my co-workers and the management. My directors are very approachable and easy to talk to!
Great benefits, hands on training, very competitive pay rates and the people are just great! The corporate culture is relaxed while there is a major feeling of being a part of a team. The company mission statement is clear and it seems that all employees really are there to help people find jobs in their own way. Expectations and goals are high but the support is present to help all employees achieve set goals. Management wants to help their teams succeed.
very profissional
SAP HCM Consultant (Former Employee) –  EgyptMay 2, 2016
working in IBM was very professional, the team creates the best proposals ever, the management are very helpful, the projects were the biggest project in the country
Intense Sales environment, "tight" management team
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2015
For most of my tenure at IBM I had a good experience and was treated fairly by IBM. Some of the smartest people you will ever know work at IBM. It was a pleasure learning from them and using much of what they taught me.

The last 5 years, the work day went from 8 to an avg of 12 hrs with lots of oversight by management.
Pros
Smart People
Cons
Long intense hours with lots of oversight
I like workplace which has a lot of challenges
Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 8, 2015
I like workplace which used new techniques and technologies. I like to help others if they need. I celebrate my success with me team and coworkers. I like to invite my team for lunch in they did a great job or great success