IBM Employee Reviews

Excellent
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2016
Excellent company and great opportunity
* Work from home
* Lots of variety in the work, each day is a new experience
* Interesting people - employees from all over the world
Process for work, very good Policies, access to Knowledge resources, Work life balance
Enjoyable place to work
National Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON19 September 2016
Great place to work from the perspective of working with great people and having a direct impact to the bottom line. Competitive, challenging, and self rewarding.
Pros
Work With Greeat People
Great Company
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 December 2016
I love working here, Sometimes it is just hard to find the next step as it is spread across the world with tens of thousands of people working here. Have been a proud employ for years.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
long hours some days
very friendly, work tools work very well, comfortable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB13 December 2016
Very comfortable, friendly co workers and management. Irate consumers were trying. Recognition was very nice. Company is very large and well organized.
Pros
rewarded for going above and beyond
Cons
working till 9 pm and some weekends
Good Company
Delivery Project Executive (Current Employee) –  Romania1 January 2017
one of the best companies out there if you want to make career.
you can switch careers, they good one of the best training modules out there.
They reward top contributers
Pros
flexible program, multicultural
Cons
many tools
IBM is a great company
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 January 2017
Nice place to work and grow
Process oriented company
Excellent work culture
great place to work
lots of learning and cross-training possibilities
working across multiple platforms
Cons
financial growth and relocation
Good company to start career
Test Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2016
Learning company, Not paymaster.
Services orientated company
High-pressure jobs
Work-life balances minimum

Pros
Large company
Support all technologies

Cons
Not good management
Get lost in the numbers
Systems Technician, Team Lead, Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2016
Great company with a huge brand recognition but not as polished from the inside. Management was usually good but some were horrible. Complete lack of interest from management. Good training
Pros
Get to work with new and interesting technologies
Cons
Just another number at the end of the day.
Large company with benefit of having resources. However, company has not taken employee satisfaction survey results to task.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON1 November 2016
IBM is a large company that presents both challenges and opportunities. Challenges are getting recognized properly for ones accomplishments whereas the opportunities are related to the large amount of resources at the company's disposal.
Work from Home flexibility
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON7 November 2016
The company provides the greatest work flexibility that you can work from home and is very flexible to fit your work-life schedule. Co-workers are nice and helpful.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
job security
Daily Operations
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON11 January 2017
My typical day at work is check my emails about 15 min to see of any tickets or customer issues. Then I check my ticketing queue to see if there is any new tickets. I update my tickets frequently and keep the customer updated that relates to the tickets. I also close and update any changes/tickets that is in my queue.
Pros
Working with different technology is great.
Cons
Sometimes dealing with irate customer.
Excellent company to work for
Tech Support Bench Tech (Current Employee) –  Markham1 October 2015
my favorite part about working at IBM is my co-workers and the management. My directors are very approachable and easy to talk to!
Great benefits, hands on training, very competitive pay rates and the people are just great! The corporate culture is relaxed while there is a major feeling of being a part of a team. The company mission statement is clear and it seems that all employees really are there to help people find jobs in their own way. Expectations and goals are high but the support is present to help all employees achieve set goals. Management wants to help their teams succeed.
Boring
SAP Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 October 2016
Did not receive a lot of support from management staff, overall not an enjoyable place to work, people are not friendly, culture is boring serious and talent is low.
Great workplace
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 February 2017
Pros
+great management
+interesting work
+relaxed atmosphere
+good perks
+Best company to work with.
+Organization which respects employees.
+Company where you can learn a lot.
They do not care about their employees
System Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON1 January 2017
IBM used to be the greatest place to work but has slowly become the worst place to work. They do not pay well compared to jobs in the industry they also have consistently lost money since 2008 and squeeze that money out of their employees through cuts.
Na
Service Desk Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 January 2017
Exactly what you would expect of a giant company. Piles of bureaucratic processes, zero connection to the many layers of management above you...but they run like a machine.
downhill period
Advisory Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON18 December 2016
IBM was a great company in general, but facing a lot of challenges, poor management, a lot of people just laying back, waiting for others to feed them
Productive working environment
ABM Technician (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON12 November 2016
Working at IBM has been a great learning experience, everyday new challenges can occur in repair troubleshooting and it is enjoyable to find new ways in order to complete the repair. I've always enjoyed working with my hands involving technology so this job as furthered my experience in that aspect/field. A normal day involves the repair/refurbishment of various ABM and CRU components as well as the occasional pre-staging of said machines for various customers. The management at IBM are filled with experienced and understanding staff who have a very business oriented mindset along side a good understanding as to utilization of various staff talents to ensure productivity is at its greatest potential. They are mostly friendly people who do not sacrifice work ethic but still maintain good relationships with their staff. My co workers are well rounded people, with technical/mechanical minds and backgrounds who offer their valued experiences and expertise to our area. The hardest part of the job is working around the lack of certain components needed to repair/refurbish the parts, often resorted to salvaging, but its nothing too challenging to work around. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of successfully repairing the parts we have available to work on, knowing I've contributed to the production and found suitable solutions to overcome difficult scenario's.
Great place to work and learn
Developer, Release/Function Manager,Test Architect (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON9 February 2017
I was able to spend 17+ years at the IBM Toronto Lab and was able to have multiple jobs in different disciplines without having to change companies. I was able to learn a lot and expand my skills set during my tenure.
Good place for graduates to gain experience
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2016
Good place to work for fresh graduates to gain experience. Good chance to move within the company but progress is slow.
Flexible working conditions. Friendly environment.