IBM Employee Reviews

Ample of Opportunities and good work culture
Advisory IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 November 2016
IBM is a brand , working with Ardent IT professional. Lot of thing to learn and explore.
Management is very cooperative and good. Lot of opportunities to explore new technology.
Learned how to deal with challenges and being collaborative.
Nice place to work for
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS8 November 2016
A lot of possibilities, good people, but it looks like the company is not doing financially so well overall.
But every IBM office is different.
There are good benefits, but there is nothing for the employees like no coffee, not milk, not even tea. Need to pay extra for those basic things that you drink.
Pros
They have a good name, for your next job.
Cons
Not a good working environment over all.
Job that payed the bills.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB23 August 2016
This employment was not the most enjoyable job. I had no chance for growth within the company. There was no challenges for me to advance my skills within the work place. It was a steady job that provided me with Monday-Friday 9-5 employment.
Pros
Fellow Employees
Cons
No Benifits
Lots of wishes, poor management
Managing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2015
When you join you get great training an corporate values and encouragement for initiatives. But on the job, people with too much expectations are quickly brought back to reality and discouraged from sticking their head above the crowd with new ideas. No wonder IBM didn't had any growth for years, their middle management is totally inadequate and ineffective. This is a place where experience and know-how becomes embarrassing as it makes the young managers look like they know nothing and first thing you know you are out the door. Pity.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Cut-throat management, no team work
Excellent
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2016
Excellent company and great opportunity
* Work from home
* Lots of variety in the work, each day is a new experience
* Interesting people - employees from all over the world
Process for work, very good Policies, access to Knowledge resources, Work life balance
Get lost in the numbers
Systems Technician, Team Lead, Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2016
Great company with a huge brand recognition but not as polished from the inside. Management was usually good but some were horrible. Complete lack of interest from management. Good training
Pros
Get to work with new and interesting technologies
Cons
Just another number at the end of the day.
Great company to grow a career..now in transition.
National Mgr Projects and Operations (Former Employee) –  Montreal14 September 2015
I appreciate working in a mobile environment. Training in both technical and management is likely one of the best in the industry. I've learned to take ownership of my career path. Working for a large corporation allows one to totally change career paths without having to leave the company.
IBM attracts the best people to work for them by treating them fairly including work/life balance, competitive salary and great benefits program.
Hardest part of the job would be the loss of autonomy when the company is in shrink mode.
Most enjoyable is the trust the company and management have in you to do your job and give you the decision making ability to go with that responsibility.
Pros
Size of the company
Cons
Size of the company
Good international working culture
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 October 2016
I worked for nearly 13 years at IBM. The company has a good global working culture. I wish good success to IBM with it's new cognitive intelligent computing business.
Work from Home flexibility
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON7 November 2016
The company provides the greatest work flexibility that you can work from home and is very flexible to fit your work-life schedule. Co-workers are nice and helpful.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
job security
Pretty good experience
Compiler Optimization Developer (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON3 September 2016
Very competitive team and comparatively work balance. If you are a guy who is very into bottom-level things or willing to learn a lot such stuff. I would strongly suggest participating in this particular team. I did learn a lot and grow fast in this team.
Excellent company to learn new technology
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OH11 April 2016
Great working culture. Great company to learn new technology any time.Ebooks to learn new technology.Excellent Management
Very Demanding Job
I/TAP Systems Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON24 May 2016
Very Demanding Job, no gratification on work well done, no raises in 7 years, unstable placement, alot of acquisitions always taking place
Great projects, adequate management
Senior Managing Consultant and Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Abu Dhabi and Ottawa18 August 2016
IBM Canada was generally a good company to work for. Project fit in well with my military background

IBM Middle East had serious management and leadership issues. Project was understaffed and under-skilled. Management lacked focus and a solid plan
Productive and Fun, with gym facility
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2016
Empower people inside and outside your organization to connect, collaborate, and innovate. Create a smarter workforce. Deliver exceptional customer experiences. Transform your core business processes to become more competitive and drive real business results.
Pros
Productive and Fun, with gym facility
Cons
Contracts need to be renewed every now and then
Great Learning and Challenging environment
Lead Consolidation Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 August 2016
My time at IBM was very beneficial and a great learning experience. However, not working in a head-office environment has many disadvantages such as lack of visibility and possibility of future advancements.
Productive working environment
ABM Technician (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON12 November 2016
Working at IBM has been a great learning experience, everyday new challenges can occur in repair troubleshooting and it is enjoyable to find new ways in order to complete the repair. I've always enjoyed working with my hands involving technology so this job as furthered my experience in that aspect/field. A normal day involves the repair/refurbishment of various ABM and CRU components as well as the occasional pre-staging of said machines for various customers. The management at IBM are filled with experienced and understanding staff who have a very business oriented mindset along side a good understanding as to utilization of various staff talents to ensure productivity is at its greatest potential. They are mostly friendly people who do not sacrifice work ethic but still maintain good relationships with their staff. My co workers are well rounded people, with technical/mechanical minds and backgrounds who offer their valued experiences and expertise to our area. The hardest part of the job is working around the lack of certain components needed to repair/refurbish the parts, often resorted to salvaging, but its nothing too challenging to work around. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of successfully repairing the parts we have available to work on, knowing I've contributed to the production and found suitable solutions to overcome difficult scenario's.
Great place
Software Developer, DB2 Development Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Markham Ontario Canada17 May 2016
Great place to work at.
Excellent atmosphere.
Excellent benefits.
Amazing Colleagues.
Enjoyable work.
We've long been told our ability to succeed depends on our IQ, talent, education level, gender, job title, or when and where we were born. IBM turns that conventional thinking on its head to reveal that innovation can come from anyone, anywhere.
Large company with benefit of having resources. However, company has not taken employee satisfaction survey results to task.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON1 November 2016
IBM is a large company that presents both challenges and opportunities. Challenges are getting recognized properly for ones accomplishments whereas the opportunities are related to the large amount of resources at the company's disposal.
Business Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 August 2016
Ample opportunity to learn new technologies.
learning big data, watson are really good.
work environment is pretty friendly.
Management is supportive.
productive and lots of opportunity to learn
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON14 August 2016
Productive ,One of the nicest environment at workplace,Co workers are nice . I wrked there as a material handler ,Worked for lob low P.O.S projects.Management is also nice