4,034 reviews

IBM Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
enhancement
CSC Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 12, 2014
Pros: free parties
Cons: long hours
Configures the application, including the configuration of the data, entity model, and rules
Day to day work
IT Analyst (Former Employee), Markham, ONJune 11, 2014
My day to day responsibility is to help clients over the phone, e-mail and through messaging systems. I analyze the problems and try to find the solutions and send incident tickets to next level if it is out of my scope. I troubleshoot different applications, servers and mainframes to resolve the issues of the end users. I also check the status of the – more... account of end users and edit it or reset the password if needed. I enjoy to find the solutions for others to resolve the issues. – less
fun place to work
Mainframe Engineer, Global Technology Services (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 10, 2014
flexible working hours, possibility of working remotely.
Working Temporary- Full time
Desk side Support Technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 10, 2014
Good training, responsible from the get-go, good colleagues and good atmosphere. Bureaucracy

The company provides an opportunity for any chosen career and many changes to this along the way. The work they sign is compelling and interesting and often working to improve the world at large, not just make money. There are also opportunities to take days – more... out and give time back to the local community.It is easy to get lost in an organisation of this size and lose track of your progress. It is also very competitive and lots of 'game playing' occurs between senior employees etc.

the people are great and everyone is really supportive (for career development, personal issues, etc.)everyone works on client location so you don't get to see many people outside of your project. – less
The company's climate is going down. The business is totally driven by shareholder short term values.
User Experience Designer (Former Employee), Toronto Lab, MarkhamJune 10, 2014
Talents are not respected anymore, and a lot of good people are leaving the company. The management cares more about their interest and job security instead of advancing their staff and look out for their interest.
Fast paced environment
Project Coordinator/Technical Writer - Scotia Bank (Current Employee), Markham, ONJune 10, 2014
IBM is an extremely fast paced, structured environment to work in. This can be good for business reasons, but sometimes is not good for morle. There needs to be more of a balance.
Very flexable in terms of work location. I work remotley from home
Senior Applications Analyst (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 10, 2014
I really enjoy working from home, but when it comes to collaberating with co-workers it's difficult because everyone has a very large work load
fun place to work at
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCJune 9, 2014
Pros: flexibility and i was able to suggest fixes
Cons: contract work
I loved it. It was the same job I did before for them. I also had to supervise agents on Saturdays. I had to make sure phone lines were working and agents came to work.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Team Lead SAP-ABAP/SAP-BPC (Current Employee), Toronto, CanadaJune 8, 2014
Productive and Fun Workplace
Got an opportunity of working with one of the Premier IBM Clients in Canada.
Productive work day
SENIOR QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST \TEAM LEAD (Former Employee), Creakside Mississauage TD bankJune 6, 2014
Pros: free bbq sessions, wfh
Cons: long hours and online meeting all the time.
A typical work day would be attending meeting. Answer and Question document created and sent to BA and developers via emails, reading and understanding Business Requirement and Building and Executing Test cases. Walkthrough session with BA, Test lead and Project managers, developers. Defect management.
Creating Testing Plan and Test Matrix when needed. – more... Training Co-op student to execute and log defects when needed. Shakedown on environment daily by executing E2E test cases. Gathering special requirements for offshore team.

What I've learned was how to excessed the expectation of a QA analyst.

I kept Management well inform on the test execution and updated them on any Risk to the business.

My co-workers are most helpful when looking for certain folders within sharepoint.

The harder part of my job was remembering all acronym's when joining New company.

The most enjoyable part of my job was when we had BBQ's. – less
Productive and fun place to work when you are sitting among frinedly people who work hard and try to help other team member.
System Administrator (Current Employee), North York, OnJune 4, 2014
Productive and fun place to work when you are sitting among friendly people who work hard and try to help other team member.
N/A
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), North York, ONMay 30, 2014
It was okay to work there, but I honestly did not like the people that were there.
Temporary assignments (Former Employee), MarkhamMay 27, 2014
Pros: working at home
Cons: no benefits, vacation, no security, salary never increases
It was a great work life balance where I could manage my own time, work, job with little or no supervision. Co-workers were home based and very helpful at times. Found the management team, from Kelly Services/IBM, not helpful most times. You were left to "sink or swim", and when taking steps to be proactive, were reprimanded. As a temporary employee, – more... not given the same treatment. I was asked to cross train a new person (male), in August 2011, which I did. I was then told a week later, my contract was up. I later found out that this person I trained, a friend of the Director at IBM. They had a personal connection, and I reported this insubordination and discrimination to IBM executives, so that it didn't happen again. No reply, or acknowledgement from IBM, or Kelly Services. My manager at Kelly, was fully aware of this situation, and did nothing to assist me. I am 58 years old now, hard to find any job, age is definitely a factor.

I am a fully qualified administrative support person, reliable, dependable, and adapt very well to new situations. I take charge, and get the job done. – less
Good place to work on.
Technical Services Specialist (Former Employee), NoidaMay 21, 2014
Good place to gather knowledge and work.
Good Management.
Place to work on global projects, which helps to understand IT globally.
Co-workers were very cooperative.
Help Desk (Former Employee), Saint John, NBMay 20, 2014
Working for IBM was great. Even though we knew our jobs were eventually being sent to India, it was one of my favorite employers.
Very good experience
Project Manager (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAMay 20, 2014
Quite flexible working place. Lot of Growth opportunities and challenges.
Productive and fun workplace with so many activites like table tennies, pool table, chess board, carame board, organised parties .
Sr. \Executive operations (Former Employee), Delhi, ONMay 13, 2014
Pros: transport facilities, medical check up
Cons: long hours
Yes Its True that my IBM job productive and fun workplace with table tennis, pool table, chess board carame board. There celebrated all the festivals with fun distribute prizes and gifts. Organised fundo Friday, grandure parties, Team fund parties, picnic tour, Dj parties. soo more.
I learned there to work as a team not individual. Management was very – more... supportive all the time never hurt any body.
My co-workers was good every body had to work team but always remember team become individual performance.

I never forgot my IBM Job. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. Voice Engineer (Former Employee), Riyadh, S01May 13, 2014
A perfect place for expanding your knowledge base...............
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee), Subject Matter ExpertMay 13, 2014
Pros: ibm
Cons: pay, benefits, culture
Felt like we where drones and management was clueless. We where the phone support for the Canada Post EST program. One good thing ,no weekends.
Easy going with good work/life balance
Executive Assistant to the General Manager (Former Employee), Dubai, United Arab EmiratesMay 12, 2014
I really enjoyed working with IBM since it was a very high paced job with extensive calendar and time management and the management was very flexible with good work/life balance.

About IBM

IBM is a global technology and innovation company that stands for progress. With operations in over 170 countries, IBMers around – Read more