IBM Employee Reviews

Good place to grow your skills
Senior Managing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 March 2017
If you are looking for a breadth of education and experiences, IBM offers a lot of both. However, you do need to be a self-starter and self-promoter in order to take best advantage of IBM's opportunities.
Pros
Education; growth opportunities within the company
Cons
overtime; varying culture in diff departments
Fantastic support of staff. I loved working there.
Correspondence Secretary, Intellectual Property (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2017
I feel very fortunate to have started my career with such a stellar company. IBM was very good to me. I resigned when my second child was born, because my husband and I decided it was more important for mom to be at home until the children started school. I don't regret our decision one bit. One cannot get that time back, and I feel it really helped my children that I was at home with them. But in a perfect world I would have loved to return to IBM once the children were in school all day.
Pros
We were treated so, so well
Productive.
AIX Team Leader/ project manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON8 March 2017
Very stressful, great work mates. I worked in a 24hour all call environment with a rotating team of highly skilled Unix Administrators
I was the Team Leader we supported multiple out sourced clients.
IBM is a fair compay to work for.
Unix Team Lead (Former Employee) –  3600 Steeles Ave E, Markham8 March 2017
Everyone work hard to support the clients. Competition with other company is getting harder as work is off-shored. The company policy are very good for security.
Clean and Healthy Work Environment
Technical Support - Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 March 2017
Had a lot of support from my colleagues and supervisors. Very friendly and supportive. Always learning new techniques and ways to solve various issues.
Great to obtain skills and knowledge
Service Delivery Manager - IBM/JLL (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 March 2017
A good place for one to learn business knowledge and skills to advance your career in an IT environment. The ability to advance within IBM has been limited with the last few years as they have out sourced a lot of there positions.
Fun, respectful, balanced place to work
Senior IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON7 March 2017
As a team lead, most of my work involves meetings, answering emails, studying problems, reading and writing documents. I choose when I want to have my breaks and lunch which works out well because I work when I most productive and stop when I am tired. The managements is pretty good and capable. The workplace culture is open, open to new ideas, and respectful. The hardest part of the job with a large company like IBM is the admin and the time it gets to get things approved. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people.
Pros
Respect
Cons
Admin
Good reputation
SAP FI/CO Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2017
Very good reputable company to work with. It is very good to start the career with . Have some nice people back then when I am with the company. I enjoyed working there
Its a nice place to work. Enjoyed the people I worked with.
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON25 February 2017
It was a great place to work. Once of the first places I started to work from.
The salary was good, but it was not par with industry standards.
Overall great place to work. Will work for them again.
Absolutely great workplace
Logistics Procurement Professional (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON22 February 2017
IBM is one of the best employers in terms of career path. They are the best at whatever they do and can only be a win-win situation except for job security.
Productive and interesting environment
Associate Risk Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON20 February 2017
Excellent place. Cool people. Amazing culture. I was given the opportunity to connect and learn with people from different backgrounds.
IBM best
Asset Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2017
The best of IBM is the work/Life Balance with the home office style and flexibility to manage you time.
Is also a very organized company, you have procedures to follow and that makes your work a lot better.
The Salary is usually less than the market value but it is worth it because of the flexibility.
Job Security depends on the customers: no customer = no job which is not good, they should find another place for employees being such a big company.
Management is overall excellent, with open doors policy to reach out second line managers if needed.
Job Culture is one of the best I've seen, there is a clear culture and you don't have a doubt about it.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
Salary
Network and Compliance specialist
Network Specialist (Current Employee) –  Delhi, ON20 February 2017
Better within complany owned workplace, onsite options are less to move out of india, within india its bad to move on customer location or else remain in central location of project.
Pride in my work
Operational Manager Honest and dependable (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC Canada17 February 2017
Busy, with fun ,team work lots of catering on time ,customer satisfaction,when you have have unsatisfied customer it the hardest part job,
Pros
Free Meals, company car
Cons
No, Medical, operated by private company
Good company to work for in 2011
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 February 2017
Not sure anymore as I have not been with company in years; Should read reviews from other sources. Have seen a lot of change in recent years.
Great place to work and learn
Developer, Release/Function Manager,Test Architect (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON9 February 2017
I was able to spend 17+ years at the IBM Toronto Lab and was able to have multiple jobs in different disciplines without having to change companies. I was able to learn a lot and expand my skills set during my tenure.
Ibm
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 February 2017
Ensuring timely adherence to schedule
Learnt more on metrics that dictate the Service Desk
Satisfied Clients
High CSAT
Pros
Close proximity to residence
Great workplace
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 February 2017
Pros
+great management
+interesting work
+relaxed atmosphere
+good perks
+Best company to work with.
+Organization which respects employees.
+Company where you can learn a lot.
Great learning opportunities
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON28 January 2017
hands on experience in managing your own line of business, executing financial decisions, reporting your numbers to IBM's financial controllers.

Experience running SQL, and Cognos programs.
Pros
work autonomously
Cons
productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 January 2017
a typical day at work is a straight forward do what you have do and get it done. what I learned is to have fun pay attention and do your job right. workplace culture learn about each culture I think its good for everyone to learn about each culture. the hardest part of the job is looking after your job and your stuff so you don't lose it or you don't mess up and lose your job. the most enjoyable part of the job is being with your employees and working.
Pros
free drinks
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval