IBM

IBM Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
a good company
Project coordinator (Current Employee), C30October 5, 2014
A good company,easy going with branches and co-workers, good culture and could gain opportunities easily.
Good place to learn customer service
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), MontrealOctober 2, 2014
Answering calls and emails all day, typical customer service/call centre.
good place to work
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 30, 2014
IBM is a good place to work. People are nice and helpful. I would love to work in this company again in the future
Busy work place & lost of tech learning
Wintel Architect (Former Employee), Markham OnSeptember 25, 2014
Only problem which i notice in my past three different contracts under different groups of IBM.
Lack of senior co-ordination with middle management. being an architect & system admins role where I am not involved directly to senior delivery officials I guess they only review the project financials
One thing I notice in past 3-5 yrs consulting projects – more... from IBM requiters going cheap in terms of rate & reason is IBM don't offer them..
Second is middle of project while you working IBM breach the agreement in different ways like reducing the rates & termination without 5 weeks notice – less
A Place to Learn and Grow
Business Development Manager, Canada (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2014
Speaking to internal and external clients and professionals who evaluate our processes daily. IBM is always looking to be better and faster so I was charged with the task of recommending improvements to the end-to-end sales process. Soliciting customer is a critical component of that task.

It's been an incredible learning experience. I began my IBM – more... career in 2000 and represented Canada Sales and Purchasing Team. In my roles, I worked to improve the efficiency of our processes.

The Sales and Purchasing Leadership Program allowed me to gain experience in different parts of our business and to develop my network.

My first project at IBM challenged me to lead a team our sales people to more effectively capture solutions in the marketplace. In addition to acquiring personal and professional growth, I was able to influence major decisions and collaborate with the various arms of the IBM organization.

I had joined IBM for the mentorship and career growth opportunities. IBM understands the value of its people and encourages continuous learning and development. I had several mentors, both formal and informal, who had provided me with excellent coaching and insight to the organization.

It was a great place to learn and grow... – less
Good company to work for.
QA Portfolio Manager - Wealth Management (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2014
Good company to work for, I have been working in this company for 9 years.
Excellent workplace!!
Incident Manager - QA Environment Support (Former Employee), Loblaw Head Office, BramptonSeptember 22, 2014
Very good work environment with excellent team members able to complete all tasks and projects on time and within budget.
Our Project was located at Loblaw Head Office and working under our leadership enabled our team as a whole to perform above expectations!!
IT Company
Deskside Support Representative (Former Employee), Sudbury, ONSeptember 22, 2014
Good company, many years of experience in the Technology field.
Wonderful training opportunities
Experience at IBM
Application Architect / Technical Lead (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 17, 2014
IBM is a huge company in terms of client pool and resources. Lot of opportunities to grow in career, but multiple layers of management make the every process too slow. Not much transparency in the progression cycle and salary hikes. Technically, IBM is one the best company and Client I have worked with. They have best in the business resources and tools.
Okay
IBM Mainframe Technical Team Leader (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONSeptember 17, 2014
Great company ... Great company.....Great company....Great company....Great company
Great place to work! Open floorspace... everyone has the same desk setup and the place is truly a meritocracy.
Executive Assistant to VP Sales (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2014
IBM is a great place to work in terms of compensation, work / life balance. IBM has multiple areas where employees can expand their knowledge and expertise in multiple areas.
Good company to work.
SAP System Analyst (Former Employee), CanadaSeptember 11, 2014
Good team spirit.
Senior Management group are very professional and focus on how to improve service quality for clients.
I love IBM's culture.
Not a good place to work
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Warden LabSeptember 9, 2014
Not much good to say about the company. They have way too many managers for the numbers people actually doing billable work. This has led to lower profits. Their solution is to layoff off workers and keeps the managers; most of whom are clueless about the operations. No positive social atmosphere at all. Everybody seems to be unhappy with management – more... for good reason. – less
Ok
Managing Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Ok place to work. Large corporation where an individual's contributions and input are lost in the shuffle. Lots and lots of red tape, similar to working for a large government body.
Still focused on employees
ASSOCIATE MARKETING MANAGER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: mentoring and training programs
A really wholesome place to work. Challenging work and institutional caring for employees.
Amazing workplace
Storage Management Services - TSM - CDC Toronto (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Employer and co-workers are great which help work productivity at high level.
IBM
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 4, 2014
Not a very good company to work for. The pay wasn`t good and some of the Management was horrible
Too bureaucratic
Associate Partner - Asset Management Solutions (Former Employee), MississaugaSeptember 4, 2014
Too bureaucratic. Very little opportunity for advancement.
Productive and fun workplace
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 3, 2014
The flexible hours really help improve your work/life balance. Although there are times when the work gets hectic and piles up, there are also downtimes where you can relax and take a breath.
Learning place
Windows 7 Deployment/Migration (Current Employee), MontrealSeptember 1, 2014
the most enjoyable part of the job is interaction with users

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more