IBM
5,884 reviews

IBM Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
the work is demending but very interesting.
IT Advisory Specialist (Former Employee), MontrealMay 27, 2015
Pros: co-workers are easy to work with.
Cons: Long hours (50 to 60 hours per week)
In IT there is no typical day at work. You work on what is the critical problems.
I learned the entire operation of our team.
All co-workers were very hard workers, always doing their best.
The hardest part of the job was working between 50 and 60 hours per week.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my Manager and my team members.
Good Work Environment
Senior Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 25, 2015
Pros: High Stress
Cons: Long Hours
Providing technical support can be fun rewarding experience at the time can be very stressful. Continuous learning of the products and new technology is a definite asset. The management can be little more proactive in helping employees with their career goals. The team if people I worked with a diverse, talented and fun to be with. The hardest part of the job is the high stress level having to deal with client when their system is down and resolve the issue ASAP. The most enjoyable part of the job is flexibility with work life balance.
Challenging and interesting environment to work in.
Advanced Support Specialist for Air Canada, (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 25, 2015
Great team to work with. Exposure to wide range of technologies and applications, some very unique to airline industry. Job allowed for daily contact with many customers.
Very good experience
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaMay 18, 2015
Very Good experience working in this project. I have got to learn many things while working for this company and project.
High-pressure, educational, interesting and varied work environment.
Tester (QA), Programmer and Team Lead (Former Employee), Markham, ONMay 16, 2015
Pros: Good salary and benefits
Cons: Very long hours, including nights and weekends
Work experiences are very dependent on management. Many managers have poor people-skills, and favoritism is rampant. Evaluations are very result-driven, with individuals often taking credit for work they did not contribute to. Ample opportunity for creativity.
Nice balance between work and personal life
SAP FICO Consultant (Current Employee), DelhiMay 3, 2015
IBM provides a very good work culture along with space for personal life which help in balancing both in a better way.

I have learned a lot at work. I have learn time management, working in a team.
Good to get experience
IT Specialist/ Mobile Application Developer (Current Employee), Bedford, NSMay 1, 2015
But no reward and recognition culture
Hard to understand who to communicate to
poor management staff
.....................................
IBM Canada
DIRECTEUR PRINCIPAL, PROGRAMME (Former Employee), .April 30, 2015
Pros: .
Cons: .
IBM Canada is a great place to work. I had a great team and clients. I would recommend this company to all. Work life balance is available to all employees via working at home
Was and still is the Top IT Company worldwide
Project Manager (Current Employee), Markham, ONApril 29, 2015
Pros: Professionalism and Integrity in business
Cons: Delicate balance between work and family
IBM commitment to technology and innovation is one of the best if not the best there is in the industry. It is continually investing in strategic areas which will define the technologies that will not only be viable now and in the futurem but will significant contribute to the betterment of our society.
Good people, interesting engagements. Poor management
Delivery Project Executive (Former Employee), CanadaApril 29, 2015
Pros: Great, talented people, Huge company with opportunities to travel and move, Deep roots in technology
Cons: Compensation is lower than competitors, Training is limited to internal process and tools, Benefits have been cut year after year, Recognition programs have been cut, Upper management sets quotas for the quarterly/annual cuts to the workforce, Work/Life balance is a challenge, Low Morale
The company has changed from a client focused technology leader to one that is only interested in revenue and share price. With so much focus on profits first and not enough on products, solutions and customer satisfaction, the customers are noticing and are leaving for cheaper, more nimble competitors. As a result, the profits continue to sag in across the business units, thousands are laid off with "workforce re-balancing" schemes, services continue to be reduced, and the remaining staff are left dealing with never ending executive vanity projects and "improvement programs" all aimed at trying to save the sinking ship through cost savings while senior management simply shuffle the chairs at the top, pat themselves on the back, and enjoy their massive bonuses.
Best 3 years of my life!
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 29, 2015
Pros: free lunch, lovely coworkers
Cons: no breaks.
I really loved working as a security guard. I was sad to have to leave when I became pregnant with my son, and the support they gave with little to non, I started off as a regular security guard and became Assistant supervisor in no time. I was prepared for the job and organized and happy to take it without prejudice. There was a lot of organizing and work to be done at a new site down town, through the stage of the 1st year contract, it was really easy to manage and start up and nothing but good things. My supervisor was lovely, she was a well educated and equip worker.
Technical skills learning and stressfree environment
Tech Support Bench Tech (Current Employee), 4175, 14th Ave, MarkhamApril 28, 2015
Pros: Free Barbeque every year and indoor games in summer
Cons: overtime available
Good place to learn technical skills in various platforms in IBM.
I developed good Cisco skills on machines like C4500R+E switches, from 2821 to 7200 series routers, latest 3650, 3750 layer 3 switches, switch stacking, IOS up grade, configuration files upload etc for various major clients in Canada and USA.
IBM
Advisory I/T Specialist (Current Employee), TorontoApril 28, 2015
IBM is an excellent company to work with and can learn new technologies well. I have had good amount cooperation with my colleagues which is most important in my tenure with ibm.
Its ok place to work
Program Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, OnApril 23, 2015
Lot of global delivery engagement involved. The delivery is a bit of a challenge because of the time effort we need to spend it explaining the problem and getting them find a solution
Learned a lot of skills
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), MarkhamApril 22, 2015
Cons: Long working hours
I enjoyed the time I worked at IBM. Learned a lot of skills on the job. Co-workers are very hardworking and can always count on them if you need assistance.

Enjoyed the working remotely access.
best place, very friendly and respectful
Project coordinator (Former Employee), markham. onApril 19, 2015
Cons: lots of contract jobs
I enjoyed the time worked at Ibm, people are nice and respectful, best place to grow and I learned a lot from the time I worked there , the only issue was my job was contractor and had to leave at the end of contract
IBM simply doesn't care about its customers
Sales Transaction Support, Enterprise Execution (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 16, 2015
Pros: No heavy lifting, we got to work in a building with air conditioning
Cons: Prima donna IBMers and nightmare customers
I worked for IBM's customer service department at its Montreal office for just over eight years until April 2015 and have concluded that the company simply doesn't care about its customers. The sheer ineptitude of the accounts receivable representatives that they hire simply boggles the mind. In an inexplicable bid to save a few bucks, they balked at hiring just two more employees to assist its overworked, understaffed customer service department. I can see why IBM is losing customers, sales and market share.

The worst part of the job is dealing with the problem child customers and the prima donna IBMers. In a typical day I will handle 100 requests and 99 per cent of the time I get along fine with the person whom I am assisting. But its those one per cent of the idiots that can really make you punch the metal cabinet in frustration---my old desk at IBM has several dents from when I pounded it in anger.

Overall I liked my co-workers and my immediate supervisors and managers. The pay was better than most call centers. But there was zero room for growth or advancement --- I did the exact same job for over eight years --- plus there are the aforementioned prima donnas who take it upon themselves to ruin your day.
Strong employees, confused management
Senior Software Developer; Engineer (Current Employee), Markham, ONApril 10, 2015
Pros: Foos ball, pingpong, pool.
Cons: Long hours, demanding schedules, disconnected management.
Great and incredibly intelligent people working hard together. Management doesn't seem to know where they are headed though and often change course, causing many lost hours of hard work.
good workspace with friendly staff
Bilingual Technical Support (Former Employee), Markham, ONApril 7, 2015
Pros: auto insurance, overtime hours, friendly staff, phone plan, good shift
Cons: long hours, wage cap
enjoyed working for the company along with great participating staff and management. learned how to keep up with new technologies and responsibilities. I would say the worst part about my work was adapting to new concept and technologies but good training was always provided and as part of the job we always kept up to speed.
Productive and fun
Windows 7 deployment & desk side support (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 5, 2015
Very good working environment learned a lot by working there in 24/7 environment enjoyed working with friendly co-workers and manager.

1 2 3 4 5

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more