IBM Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2017
IBM has top caliber management and people that put people first and subsequently work very well with one another. A very inclusive environment that values employee contributions.
Pros
Corporate culture
Not What was Expected
QA Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 April 2017
IBM claims to be innovative and forward thinking, and I was surprised to find it is not. It's nothing special. No one on my team actually enjoyed their job. Everyone just doing it to get by, as salaries are competitive and moving up in the company is near impossible.
Professionalism Runs Deep
Project Support Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON24 April 2017
The level of professionalism is extremely high in all areas of IBM. Everyone who works for the company has a strong sense of pride to do their jobs well and to help contribute to IBM's overall success. It was easy to be a manager with direct reports who always did their best and respected one another.
Pros
Flexible hours and option to work from home
Cons
Salaries are not highly competitive
Opportunities to learn
Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2017
In IBM, we get lot of opportunities to learn the new technologies and we our managers are open to new ideas. I am really having fun & challenge in learning new stuffs and implementing them in our projects.
Manufacturing and testing work.
business partner (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 April 2017
assembly work of cabinet making and cash dispensing machine and material handling ,wiring for the sensors & power supply,some time testing the software and hardware with the real currency and packaging of the finished product.
IBM is an excellent company
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 April 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my 18 months working for IBM. They are an excellent company for which to work. I really like the direction in which they are moving to make it a cloud based cognitive company.
Pros
They are the elite of technology companies
Cons
I was only able to stay with them for 18 months.
IBM Canada Sales and Marketing
Market Segment Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 April 2017
IBM has some of the best people in the IT Industry that I ever met. Employees (especially long term ones) were almost all dedicated to client requirements and getting the job done right. Integrity was critical, and that influenced me throughout my career.
Pros
open culture, professionalism, quality of employees
Cons
rewards dropped after 2010 and never recovered.
Nice place to work.
Support Customer Client Satisfaction Rep (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 April 2017
Enjoyed working at this company. I has a great culture. It can be very competitive at times. But, it takes the best of the best. Great benefits. Recommend working here.
Diverse maintenance tasks possible
Électromécanicien (Former Employee) –  Bromont, QC11 April 2017
During the years at IBM I gained experience in many fields of manufacturing other than my education such as plumbing hydraulics,pneumatics as well as mechanical drawing.
Learn a lot
Project Manager/ Cognitive Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cairo, ON6 April 2017
indutsry, and technology exposure
day to day progress
roadmap, and strategy for self, team, and org
flexibility, adaptabiliyt, agility
every year end is a huge milestone, every new year is a new challenge in a new company
Innovative company, fast paced, pays for performacnce
Transition and Transformation Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON5 April 2017
In my career I have had a lot of opportunity for career progression in many different areas of IBM. IBM has high expectations of their employees and there is a high expectation that you work until the job is done. As a services company this helps with customer satisfaction and has built a culture where everyone helps everyone else and no problem in insurmountable. IBM is a good place to work and it's exciting to be on the leading edge of technology.
Pros
work from home in some roles
Cons
long hours, bonus structure
Questionable practices
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON3 April 2017
I was placed at a client-site by IBM to support the client and every time we had to do overtime, we weren't paid for it because of our salary level (even though other employees in the same salary range at other companies got paid for overtime). We still had to claim the overtime so that the client would pay the overtime to IBM but we (the employees) wouldn't see a dime of it.
Pros
Very technologically advanced, looks good on a resume, good brand, big name, well-recognized around the world
Cons
Work/life balance, very cheap company, shady pratices
Project dependent
Backup Engineer and Client Management (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh3 April 2017
Your job very much dependent on project or process you are in, very hung organization spread across multiple countries so exposure to diversity across the world make IBM great.
Pros
Great leadership
Cons
Work pressure
Ibm
Linux Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2017
I really enjoyed working with IBM. I was working at school to Earn my Computer Engineering Degree at the time, and I knew from the love I had for the work I was doing at IBM I had chosen the right career for my future.
Pros
IBM, Linux, Hacking, Code
Professional, Technical and friendly
HelpDesk Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB29 March 2017
Day to day routine would vary as customers would utilize a diverse set of applications and systems. Always learning something new about different systems, great management and comfortable flexible work environment.
Work Life Balance
Sales Operations (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh28 March 2017
I worked at IBM as an intern

Pros

convenient location
vibrant company culture
in house gym, library, entertainment

Cons

work life balance can be an issue
limited exposer to the product and process
Excellent Working Environment
Sr. IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 March 2017
Working at IBM has given me excellent opportunities to excel with bleeding edge technologies and work along side with amazing intelligent coworkers across Canada and the US.
Great Work-from-home experience
IT Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 March 2017
I've had the pleasure to work with people living in all parts of the globe. The synergy among the teams we were involved with really clicked and made the job seamless on a day-to-day basis. The hardest part of the job was not to be able to hang out with my teammates after work since they were all based in different parts of the world. What I enjoyed the most was being able to work from home; avoiding traffic or grisly weather.
Pros
Home-from-home, Weekly pay
Cons
No benefits
IBM is an excellent place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2017
IBM is an excellent place to work
Highly organized and committed to provide excellent service
IBM has amazing technology
People at IBM is not only very professional but technologically expert
My first work place
Help desk for Mobily Company (Former Employee) –  Egypt, ON23 March 2017
It is the first place i worked at, it is my first experience but it was not satisfy my passion to work.

Technical part was very minior thats why i was looking for another organization to develop my technical skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.