IBM
5,644 reviews

IBM Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Strong employees, confused management
Senior Software Developer; Engineer (Current Employee), Markham, ONApril 10, 2015
Pros: Foos ball, pingpong, pool.
Cons: Long hours, demanding schedules, disconnected management.
Great and incredibly intelligent people working hard together. Management doesn't seem to know where they are headed though and often change course, causing many lost hours of hard work.
good workspace with friendly staff
Bilingual Technical Support (Former Employee), Markham, ONApril 7, 2015
Pros: auto insurance, overtime hours, friendly staff, phone plan, good shift
Cons: long hours, wage cap
enjoyed working for the company along with great participating staff and management. learned how to keep up with new technologies and responsibilities. I would say the worst part about my work was adapting to new concept and technologies but good training was always provided and as part of the job we always kept up to speed.
Productive and fun
Windows 7 deployment & desk side support (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 5, 2015
Very good working environment learned a lot by working there in 24/7 environment enjoyed working with friendly co-workers and manager.
Well planned strategies and good management
Sharepoint, SQL Developer (Former Employee), MontrealApril 5, 2015
Self motivated co-workers with good work ethics. Learned a lot of managerial skills of how to manage a team and well establish the team morale.
Contract position
IT System Administrator (Former Employee), LondonApril 2, 2015
Pros: Introduction to TD
Cons: contract work
This position way a contract job that enabled my to become a full time employee at TD
It was a stepping stone position, paid well but was limited
improve computer skill
Computer system Engineer (Former Employee), system engineerMarch 31, 2015
Usually study and training by IBM, improver my computer skill everyday, set up IBM AS/400 for bank of China. Good team work of department and nice manager.
Financial Systems Senior Sales Executive
Senior Software Sales Specialist (Former Employee), CanadaMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Job security, opportunity to advance
Cons: dealing with issues beyond my control
IBM opens a lot of doors when selling systems, however, one could never be complacent. Clients held us to a higher standard than other high tech firms.

This role involved working with many internal teams and levels of internal management. My personal policy was to always deal with other IBM employees with respect and trust. Honesty was always the best policy overall. Understanding my own role and the boundaries to work within was the best way to stay productive and on track. Being part of the big machine that made a significant impact globally was an exciting thing to be a part of.
Amazing place to learn
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2015
IBM is amazing place to learn about trending technologies and also about processes.

Work/Life Balance inexistent, that's the reason I'm considering the change.
Amazing workplace to build a career.
Senior Support Specialist (Former Employee), Markham, ONMarch 23, 2015
Pros: amazing food in the cafeteria.
Had a great time working at IBM. Management and co-workers were easy to get along with. IBM offered me many great opportunities to expand my experience by giving me different responsibilities. The benefits and employee perks are among the best. They were very flexible with my work schedule and even the location where I would work in a day.
Contractor
Senior Delivery Project Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2015
I was a contractor in this role and was not an employee. I managed 6 PMs with overall responsibility for delivery. I have 25 year of experience as a Senior Project Manager / Program Manager in both there IT and business sides of Project Management.
Flexible working hours with great people
Mobile App Architect/Lead Developer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2015
Company has a great culture where people respect each other; It promote work-life integration, that makes the work more enjoyable.
productive, fast paced
HELP DESK-Alberta Health Services Technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2015
Pros: free lunches, parties
Cons: benefits were not given
I enjoyed working there, but I had a difficult time not having benefits, which makes it difficult for me to afford my medical needs.
Good Place to work
Senior Database / Application Deploy Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2015
A typical day starts with team huddle. Work environment is fliexible and good co workers. Higher management is knowledgeable and helpful if needed. Learn new things everyday being part of a big company. And thats the hardest part as well. Most enjoyable part is the recognition, Flexibility and good growth.
Definitely did not enjoy working here
ADVISORY IT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMarch 14, 2015
Cons: Long hours, Favouritism
I felt like more of exploitation of the workers . For example
they give you 3 weeks vacation and then to meet your targets like resource utilization of 95 percent billing , you may have to work those 3 weeks when you come back from vacation which makes no sense.

In Halifax bedford location there is lot of favouritism.
(practice of giving unfair preferential treatment to one person or group at the expense of another).Especially in SAP ABAP team .
Bid Manager
Bid Manager (contract Position) (Former Employee), MarkhamMarch 9, 2015
Contract position

Excellent environment to work in , a fast paced and a challenging environment

responsible for processing bids

Approving bids
Coordinating with sales administrative staff, account managers, and distributors while completing the bid process

A good collaborative , team environment to work in
Work and life balance
Senior Consultant / Architect, SAP Portal (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 6, 2015
- work and life balance
- training
- horizontal and vertical learning
- consulting and offshore experience
- 100 year old history and work culture
- rich pool of SAP consulting
working from home
Project Control Officer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches occassionally.
Cons: long hours
My typical day at work on my laptop doing spreadsheets all day and talking to co-workers across the world.
I learned so many systems
The Management was great
The co-workers was great
The hardest part of the job is not socializing
The most enjoyable part of the job was working from home in my pj's
working from home
Project Control Officer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches occassionally.
Cons: long hours
I learned so many systems
The Management was great
The co-workers was great
The hardest part of the job is not socializing
The most enjoyable part of the job was working from home in my pj's
Job was fun with good learning curve. Downsizing created much stress
Mainframe IT Specialist (Former Employee), Markham, ONMarch 2, 2015
Pros: shift work
Cons: constant downsizing
The people were great to work with. The work environment was a great team environment.

Constant downsizing was very stressful. Off-shoring of clients, clients leaving

I will remain neutral on my opinions
Great team experience
Advisory Customer Fulfillment Administrator (Current Employee), Montreal- Home basedFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: home based
Cons: difficult advancement
I treasure most the relationship established in IBM, the people are great, I am proud to have been part of the team.

I have been fortunate to work in a high standard professional environment and had great management guidance.

1 2 3 4 5