IBM Employee Reviews

season work
Data Management Clerk (Current Employee) –  245 Consumers Rd19 August 2017
good company to work with if you need part time employment.
friendly staff.
Season work.
Best for stay home mothers.
environment of work place excellent.
Pros
best for women
Cons
salery and Season work only
Great place to start your career
IT Sales UNIX/Cloud (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON17 August 2017
Opportunity to hone your skills in customer service/sales
Very competitive environment
Some flexibility with regards to work/life balance
Excellent in house education
Sometimes difficult to change positions within the company
Pros
Excellent Learning Environment
Cons
Difficult to move positions within company
Nice working environment.
Database Administrator/Analyst (Former Employee) –  3600 Steels Av East15 August 2017
Working at IBM is a very special moments of my life. I gain a lot of experience. The Team members are very honest and hard working.
Above all working environment is top class.
Productive with less work life balance
Senior Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 August 2017
Always get to learn new technologies like IBM Watson, IBM Bluemix.
Work life balance is not appropriate as sometimes you will pulled for weekend work without any overtime pay .
Company gives a lot of learning opportunities
Test Specialist (Current Employee) –  National Capital Region13 August 2017
Working for IBM for almost 3 years and these are the pros on working with the company:

1. High regard for core values
2. Professional development is essential
3. Great salary
4. Good people
5. Good projects
6. Very supportive management
7. Good working environment
Great
Product Fulfillment Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 August 2017
• Maintain and allocate Monitor inventory for Canada and Caribbean North district.
• Order and move 10,000-40,000 units monthly based on monitor trends and forecasts.
Good company but too big
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 August 2017
IBM is a good company in general. My experience would be different than others in the company depending on the team they were part of. One main drawback applicable to all large firms is that there are too many people where you will definitely find bad apples. Unfortunately these are the people who are difficult to detect and who drive the good people out of the company.
Pros
Opportunity to travel and work in different countries
Cons
Too many people, inflexibility
Productive & Fun Workplace
IBM Cognos Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 August 2017
Monotonous but somewhat exciting job. Required learning a lot about in a short period of time. One may get overwhelmed at first.
Department did a lot to encourage us to have fun by hosting events and giving out free stuff. Great incentives. Colleagues tend to be extremely helpful and make good conversation and give good advice
Best IT company
Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2017
IBM lives at the intersection of technology and business. This enables us to change the way the world works, and to make investments that contribute to Canada’s future competitiveness and our society at large.
there is no job security
it dummy (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON29 July 2017
It was a scary place to work as there are constant lay offs never sure if your going to have a job tomorrow it is not safe they. it really is not a good environment
Pros
Cons
no security
Great until management stopped caring
Service Desk and IMAC Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON29 July 2017
I enjoyed this place when I first got here. As things progressed it became apparent that IBM had stopped caring for the department. We were losing people and it seemed that management did not care, or try to get more people to replace them. Kept a positive attitude while going through this but hard to keep that when it seems the company does not seem to care about its workers.
Cons
Losing people and not getting new ones to replace and keeping overall team work load the same
Fun place to work
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 July 2017
I was only here for a few months but it was fun. Each floor had a rec room with tv, pool table etc. Management was very good with helping and listening, actively encouraged us to ask questions and give new ideas.
Pros
Rec room, excellent management
Cons
it was only a 3 month program to gain experience.
Great place
Senior Co-Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2017
Great culture - great people. Tough to compete, but a real enjoyable climate. A very smart company with many smart people. Wish them all the best..
Pros
strong company
Cons
very hard to advance
Help desk support
Zurich Edmonton Help Desk Account (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 July 2017
Highly demanding customer's service , solving customer's problems
from password change to setup printer drivers, to software help, solving by phone and remotely connection to the customer's computers
Pros
Free fridays lunch- pizza
Cons
8 Hours
Infrastructure Storage Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 July 2017
There aren't many work places that allow you to have a very good work/life balance like IBM. IBM is an amazing place to build up your skills with a great network of people willing to help you even at the most challenging tasks. The workplace culture is second to none and anyone who has worked here will only have a in-depth knowledge to share wherever their new career may take them. You will never be disappointment by hiring a exIBMer as they have a wealth of knowledge to share.
Pros
great work/life balance
Cons
will require you to complete your project at all costs.
Great place to start to learn
Helpdesk Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2017
Great place to start to learn new things.
Lots of resources at hand to promote learning.
Workplace curlture is good, people are avg as most other employers, there are good ones and friendly and the regular egotistic ones.
Enjoyed my time there except the pay.
Pros
Lots of resources, good people
Cons
Pay, abilty to move around, alot of it is contract or outsourced.
great
Technician at RBC Head Office Toronto (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2017
great place to work at ; would go back and work again
flexible work place, great leadership team
work life balance
all the right tools are provided
Big Brother is watching you
PeopleSoft Solution Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 July 2017
Working for companies like IBM can be challenging. They, like other companies of their size, don't really know the staff that work for them. The work/life balance is stressed as something we should strive for in our live, however when approached with situations that is the last thing they want to do.

They were really good when it came to workplace morale that was good for them. Holidays like Halloween, Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving it was always encouraged for you to decorate your area (cubicle) if you wanted to. IBM was also good about lunch hour celebrations for those holidays as well.

The company was providing support to other locations in the world and shift work was the biggest issue. They did not understand the compensation that was to go with the shifts and thus staff were not compensated appropriately for hours worked.
Pros
Team environment is encouraged
Cons
Shift work conpensation misunderstanding.
A temporary position that gave me experience working with an organization such as IBM
Sales Coordinator (contract position) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2017
There was not much event planning in this position and the job duties that I was responsible for did not give me the satisfaction that I required to utilize my skills. It was a temporary position however I took with me training that assisted in future positions.
Pros
Working for a company such as IBM
Cons
Temporary position
Work Hard and Learn A lot
TEAM LEAD OF FINANCE AND HR ANALYST TEAM (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 June 2017
I had a great time, learned a lot and was happy there. Worked 60 hour work weeks, was given good projects to work on, was happy overall. I enjoyed my time there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval