IBM Employee Reviews

IBM Stint for 5 Years
Engagement Manager (Current Employee) –  National Capital Region15 October 2017
Being with IBM for 5 years has taught me to be more exposed in the Philippine client setting. IBM has been instrumental to my growth- the company is very accepting (diversity, inclusion in the workplace).
I appreciate interacting with my fellow IBMers as they are very insightful. e
Good Expereince
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON15 October 2017
• Maintained high levels of promptness (resolving most issues within targeted 10 minutes)
• Made recommendations to internal IT teams to ensure full functionality of all systems and network printers
IBM is a great working environment.
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 October 2017
IBM is a great working environment.
Continual training and improvement is part of the standard process.
Working as System Admin, we are involved in configuring and supporting so many applications and hardware
wow
Inspectrice des pièces (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC12 October 2017
wow tout une compagnie qui avait le soucis de ces employés
A Great place to build a career
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  PH11 October 2017
We have a saying at ISD - Those who want it, get it. It's a great place to build a career, especially for driven people who want to do their best. The training they provide is first class. You have the full range of IBM training available to you.
Excellent Environment; wonderful colleagues; productive
DBA/Software Developer (consultant) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2017
-Multiple locations on any single day.
-Free all day breakfast while on TSX (then TSE) premises
-Good management and positive attitude of employees led to productive environment.
-Hardest part of job : Detail visual inspection of all software for potential Y2K issues.
-Best part of the job was the satisfaction of knowing that all will be good come year 2000. The elaborate all day breakfast. Being surrounded by wonderful hardworking employees.
Great Local Staff
Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2017
I am typically the first in the office in the morning, and often the last to leave. I gained a deep knowledge of virtualized environments and data center management, coupled with a heavy workload. The workplace was pleasant and relaxed. I found the lack of technical background of the project managers a difficulty. Opportunities to work clients through a successful project always gives me the most satisfaction.
Pros
Excellent core project team
Cons
Job Security
New experience
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore Urban, Karnataka9 October 2017
> People were always helpful and made me feel like a big family.
> Work ownership was always proper.
> Efficient Multi tasking is the only go in today's competitive world
Pros
work culture
Cons
Too much to grasp sometimes
Loved it
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2017
Very nice place to work. There were two drawbacks however. The first is you could only work in any one section to a maximum of two years. The second is that depending on the section you worked in you were limited in how much help you could offer customers.
Reguar work environment
Canadian Leadership Data Centre Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 October 2017
Regular environment, customer space for critical mission needs. Vendors and customers management, access controls, daily operations. Infrastructure maintenance
L2 Application and Infrastructure Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montreal3 October 2017
Only 67000Miles on a Cummins diesel, just spent 7000 on a new rear and whole emergency brake. Also has a liftgate, 20 foot box, was used for lite work at a library. Runs and drives excellent shifts perfect. Clean title
great place to start your career
Technical Support Analyst (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 October 2017
very helpful team, and very co-operative. great place to learn something everyday. best part of the job is to have fun activities along with the so you feel much stress about the work
Highly educated coworkers, great learning experience.
Lead Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2017
Diverse, global team
Work from home option and flexible hours
Supportive management
Plenty of career growth opportunities. Comprehensive training on all different aspects of becoming an advisor to the client in sales
Great sales procedure and methods and frameworks
Access to a lot of training material and expertise
Willingness from other IBMers to help us learn and grow in the company
Pros
"Employee can work from home when it is necessary"
Cons
Low bonus but it may rise
Corner Stone
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON, Canada26 September 2017
Joining IBM at my early age was a corner stone in building my professional character, learning the benefits of well constructed process, standardization and team work.
Great experience
Senior Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2017
I have a good experience with IBM; worked in the most interesting and relevant programs in the market. Work / Life balance is not always ideal although there is tremendous learning too.
workplace culture
Strategic Sourcing Buyer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2017
IBM Canada offered the opportunity to obtain Canadian experience after migrating as I was already familiar with the work culture having previously worked in IBM.
Good Employer
Senior Operations Professional (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB23 September 2017
Enjoyed working with IBM India a lot, the company is very well organised and working with IBM is very fruitful in every sense for an employee. I would not have left my job there if I wouldnt have to pursue my MBA from the Universityof New Brunswick.
productive and knowledgeable
1st Level Technical Support and Resolution (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2017
Excellent work environment which provides an equal opportunity towards job advancement. However, the job/work starts with off with a contract and rarely offers full-time/permanent job/position.
Pros
paid lunches and breaks
Cons
evening shift
Was a great place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 September 2017
I think the ibm building tought me how to be a independent person as i worked by. My self. I learned how to be strong .i loved working there i enjoyed the people in the building
Pros
Working by my self
Cons
Not having the suport i needed
Au coeur de la relation client
Coordonnateur gestion de contrats (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 September 2017
Une expérience au coeur du CRM et tous les systèmes requis pour assurer la satisfaction du client dans le monde des technologies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.