IBM

IBM Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Its ok place to work
Program Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, OnApril 23, 2015
Lot of global delivery engagement involved. The delivery is a bit of a challenge because of the time effort we need to spend it explaining the problem and getting them find a solution
Learned a lot of skills
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), MarkhamApril 22, 2015
Cons: Long working hours
I enjoyed the time I worked at IBM. Learned a lot of skills on the job. Co-workers are very hardworking and can always count on them if you need assistance.

Enjoyed the working remotely access.
best place, very friendly and respectful
Project coordinator (Former Employee), markham. onApril 19, 2015
Cons: lots of contract jobs
I enjoyed the time worked at Ibm, people are nice and respectful, best place to grow and I learned a lot from the time I worked there , the only issue was my job was contractor and had to leave at the end of contract
IBM simply doesn't care about its customers
Sales Transaction Support, Enterprise Execution (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 16, 2015
Pros: No heavy lifting, we got to work in a building with air conditioning
Cons: Prima donna IBMers and nightmare customers
I worked for IBM's customer service department at its Montreal office for just over eight years until April 2015 and have concluded that the company simply doesn't care about its customers. The sheer ineptitude of the accounts receivable representatives that they hire simply boggles the mind. In an inexplicable bid to save a few bucks, they balked at hiring just two more employees to assist its overworked, understaffed customer service department. I can see why IBM is losing customers, sales and market share.

The worst part of the job is dealing with the problem child customers and the prima donna IBMers. In a typical day I will handle 100 requests and 99 per cent of the time I get along fine with the person whom I am assisting. But its those one per cent of the idiots that can really make you punch the metal cabinet in frustration---my old desk at IBM has several dents from when I pounded it in anger.

Overall I liked my co-workers and my immediate supervisors and managers. The pay was better than most call centers. But there was zero room for growth or advancement --- I did the exact same job for over eight years --- plus there are the aforementioned prima donnas who take it upon themselves to ruin your day.
Strong employees, confused management
Senior Software Developer; Engineer (Current Employee), Markham, ONApril 10, 2015
Pros: Foos ball, pingpong, pool.
Cons: Long hours, demanding schedules, disconnected management.
Great and incredibly intelligent people working hard together. Management doesn't seem to know where they are headed though and often change course, causing many lost hours of hard work.
good workspace with friendly staff
Bilingual Technical Support (Former Employee), Markham, ONApril 7, 2015
Pros: auto insurance, overtime hours, friendly staff, phone plan, good shift
Cons: long hours, wage cap
enjoyed working for the company along with great participating staff and management. learned how to keep up with new technologies and responsibilities. I would say the worst part about my work was adapting to new concept and technologies but good training was always provided and as part of the job we always kept up to speed.
Productive and fun
Windows 7 deployment & desk side support (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 5, 2015
Very good working environment learned a lot by working there in 24/7 environment enjoyed working with friendly co-workers and manager.
Well planned strategies and good management
Sharepoint, SQL Developer (Former Employee), MontrealApril 5, 2015
Self motivated co-workers with good work ethics. Learned a lot of managerial skills of how to manage a team and well establish the team morale.
Contract position
IT System Administrator (Former Employee), LondonApril 2, 2015
Pros: Introduction to TD
Cons: contract work
This position way a contract job that enabled my to become a full time employee at TD
It was a stepping stone position, paid well but was limited
improve computer skill
Computer system Engineer (Former Employee), system engineerMarch 31, 2015
Usually study and training by IBM, improver my computer skill everyday, set up IBM AS/400 for bank of China. Good team work of department and nice manager.
Financial Systems Senior Sales Executive
Senior Software Sales Specialist (Former Employee), CanadaMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Job security, opportunity to advance
Cons: dealing with issues beyond my control
IBM opens a lot of doors when selling systems, however, one could never be complacent. Clients held us to a higher standard than other high tech firms.

This role involved working with many internal teams and levels of internal management. My personal policy was to always deal with other IBM employees with respect and trust. Honesty was always the best policy overall. Understanding my own role and the boundaries to work within was the best way to stay productive and on track. Being part of the big machine that made a significant impact globally was an exciting thing to be a part of.
Amazing place to learn
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2015
IBM is amazing place to learn about trending technologies and also about processes.

Work/Life Balance inexistent, that's the reason I'm considering the change.
Amazing workplace to build a career.
Senior Support Specialist (Former Employee), Markham, ONMarch 23, 2015
Pros: amazing food in the cafeteria.
Had a great time working at IBM. Management and co-workers were easy to get along with. IBM offered me many great opportunities to expand my experience by giving me different responsibilities. The benefits and employee perks are among the best. They were very flexible with my work schedule and even the location where I would work in a day.
Contractor
Senior Delivery Project Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2015
I was a contractor in this role and was not an employee. I managed 6 PMs with overall responsibility for delivery. I have 25 year of experience as a Senior Project Manager / Program Manager in both there IT and business sides of Project Management.
Flexible working hours with great people
Mobile App Architect/Lead Developer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2015
Company has a great culture where people respect each other; It promote work-life integration, that makes the work more enjoyable.
productive, fast paced
HELP DESK-Alberta Health Services Technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2015
Pros: free lunches, parties
Cons: benefits were not given
I enjoyed working there, but I had a difficult time not having benefits, which makes it difficult for me to afford my medical needs.
Good Place to work
Senior Database / Application Deploy Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2015
A typical day starts with team huddle. Work environment is fliexible and good co workers. Higher management is knowledgeable and helpful if needed. Learn new things everyday being part of a big company. And thats the hardest part as well. Most enjoyable part is the recognition, Flexibility and good growth.
Definitely did not enjoy working here
ADVISORY IT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMarch 14, 2015
Cons: Long hours, Favouritism
I felt like more of exploitation of the workers . For example
they give you 3 weeks vacation and then to meet your targets like resource utilization of 95 percent billing , you may have to work those 3 weeks when you come back from vacation which makes no sense.

In Halifax bedford location there is lot of favouritism.
(practice of giving unfair preferential treatment to one person or group at the expense of another).Especially in SAP ABAP team .
Bid Manager
Bid Manager (contract Position) (Former Employee), MarkhamMarch 9, 2015
Contract position

Excellent environment to work in , a fast paced and a challenging environment

responsible for processing bids

Approving bids
Coordinating with sales administrative staff, account managers, and distributors while completing the bid process

A good collaborative , team environment to work in
Work and life balance
Senior Consultant / Architect, SAP Portal (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 6, 2015
- work and life balance
- training
- horizontal and vertical learning
- consulting and offshore experience
- 100 year old history and work culture
- rich pool of SAP consulting

1 2 3 4 5

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more