IBM
5,305 reviews

IBM Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great team experience
Advisory Customer Fulfillment Administrator (Current Employee), Montreal- Home basedFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: home based
Cons: difficult advancement
I treasure most the relationship established in IBM, the people are great, I am proud to have been part of the team.

I have been fortunate to work in a high standard professional environment and had great management guidance.
proiductive ,responsibility
Technician (Former Employee), torontoFebruary 23, 2015
lots of thing to learn
creative ,challenging opportunity.
Nice company
started as material handler and they give me chance to prove my ability
A great place to work, but undergoing drastic changes
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Great team, very flexible working environment (location and hours). Learned many of my current skills and polished others. Learned that large companies can undergo drastic changes. My direct manager was very hands off and upper management was at times unsure of how to proceed. Project management was spot on, I always knew what was expected of myself and my team.
SR ORACLE DBA
Security Specialist (Current Employee), TorontoFebruary 17, 2015
Enjoy working. Was very challenging and interesting environment. Always oportunities to learn and experience new things.
Somewhat stressful environment due to constant down sizing
Mainframe IT Specialist (Former Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: shift work and different events daily
Cons: stressful due to ofshoring of jobs on a regular basis
Monitoring multiple Mainframe LPAR's for many clients in a busy high paced data center.

Operating systems included MVS (Z/OS) VM, AS400 and servers.

Co-workers were a close team relying on each others individual skills to get the job done.

Batch streams monitored through zeke/zebb and Jobtrac

Job was 7/24 environment using the 12 hour continental shift schedule.
no true to their words
Learning Deployment Specialist (Internship) (Former Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 12, 2015
They don't care about her employees at all . Horrible culture there you always on pins and needles . the let people go almost on a daily basis for no apparent reason except budgetary , Employee dont feel safe
July/August were fun months
Business Admin. (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2015
It was a good place to work and enjoyed the duration of my services.
Busy days through out the week. I had some courses taken and achieved them well. It was also fun to work with co-operative staff and always helpful to each other. The hardest part was that stay a bit late everyday but was enjoyable. Any job is enjoyable as long as you finish on time.
Productive and busy workplace
Network Support Specialist (Former Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: large workplace
Cons: long hours
Productive and busy workplace providing support to numerous organizations and networks while providing training to their employees. Good management and co-workers.
Good place
Lead, Business Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2015
I have worked at IBM for nine and half years and enjoyed every bit of the journey. The work life balance and the learning opportunities are immense.
Excellent Training and Opportunites
Senior Operator / Team Lead (Former Employee), Markham, OntarioFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: education and training.
Cons: adjusting to changing long shifts.
- Monitor and run client systems. Report/escalate all hardware, software and batch failures via ticketing systems.
- Learned iSeries400 OS, Hardware, system apps, time management and client support.
- Great management team that assisted staff in reaching goals and targets.
- Co-workers were well diverse and offered multiple talents and abilities that helped the team succeed.
- Most difficult part of job was handling multiple Severity 1&2 issues at the same time and maintaining SLAs.
- Assisting clients and developing procedures and automation solutions.
Good workplace
Technical Support (Former Employee), VenezuelaJanuary 30, 2015
I had the opportunity to increase my technical and professional knowledge through this amazing opportunity. I learned the value of being a team player, follow a methodology and being open to new experiences.
non commital
job (Current Employee), locationJanuary 29, 2015
this is a typical review that does not help in the overall rating. i'm not comfrotable providing this review as it is not required
Good place to work as a team
Informatica ETL consultant & Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 27, 2015
• EDD and developed ETL technical specifications
• Designed the ETL mappings to load data into Marketing and Sales data Mart
• Developed mappings, mapplets in the PowerCenter Designer.
• Coordinated with the Business Analyst to sign off the ETL requirements
• Used Informatica PowerCenter Transformations like Expression, Lookup, Aggregator, router, update strategy.
• Developed test scenarios and test cases to test the Data Mart load by going through the External Design Document (EDD) and Internal Design Documents (IDD
• Reviewed and executed Test Plans against the Developed mappings
• Developed test cases based on use cases
• Supported pre production of Data Warehouse load
• Created Telesales Representatives (TSR) and other administrative users id through Organization
Administration Console (OAC) and assign roles for the user ids and test the ids are picking all the roles
Correctly
• Managing user access for users to the web portals by using Slingshot portaler – User Access Control Center.
• Adding a new Store to a particular portal by using Portal Control Center (PCC – Slingshot)
• Functional verification testing of the Common Commerce Engine Versions. 5.2, 5.3, and 6.0 Web
Application and Tools for www.ibm.com
• Functional verification testing of Multichannel Sales Center (MSC), a Graphical User Interface (GUI) for
Telesales Representatives (TSR) and other administrative users who have a need to perform order entry
and order management.
IBM
Technical Enablement Specialist (Internship) (Former Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 26, 2015
It is filled by many smart people. Almost everybody is very friendly and helpful.
Leadership Development
Delivery Project Executive - Scotiabank (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: professional development, workplace flexibility
Cons: long hours
IBM is a challenging environment and consequently an ideal place for leadership development. A leader who spends a few years working for different IBM customers, will become very versatile and ready to accept any future challenges.
One of the greatest benefits of working for IBM is the flexibility. Most IBM positions allow working from virtually anywhere. This contributes to leveraging work-life balance.
Great group of very smart developers, but the potential is squandered by upper management.
Software Developer (Current Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, casual dress code, good perks
Cons: poor management, stacked rating system
Comfortable workplace, good remuneration, very smart technical people. Management decisions and leadership are very poor. Corporation missing targets and punishing low level employees for it.
Excellent professional work environment
System Analyst and Software Developer (Former Employee), Toronto, ON (Contractor working remotely)January 22, 2015
Pros: professionalism, work remotely
Cons: lack of growth opportunities
I had the opportunity of taking my management skills to another level, by leaning and participating of very well established workflow processes
I worked as an order desk clerk
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 22, 2015
i worked here and dispatched computer printed orders in time. I was working here 5 days a week 8 hours a day. The urgency of orders and time management was the most important factors in this job.

I also coordinated with many shipping companies as well
Interesting
Software Developer Internship (Former Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 21, 2015
Interesting job content in e-access team. Co-wokers are kind and helpful.
Positive work environment
Technical Specialist (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJanuary 20, 2015
I had a small though very positive experience working here. They have a focussed and very technical team. I would love to work again with them!

1 2 3 4 5

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more