IBM Employee Reviews

IBM is an excellent place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2017
IBM is an excellent place to work
Highly organized and committed to provide excellent service
IBM has amazing technology
People at IBM is not only very professional but technologically expert
My first work place
Help desk for Mobily Company (Former Employee) –  Egypt, ON23 March 2017
It is the first place i worked at, it is my first experience but it was not satisfy my passion to work.

Technical part was very minior thats why i was looking for another organization to develop my technical skills
Good job
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2017
Excellent place to work in. Conducive. Good people who places to multiple posituon. Ongoing job prospects. Nice to be . Good working conditions.

Cool
Pros
Good challenging roles
Cons
Pressue
They don't care
I.T. Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON21 March 2017
This company was a fantastic place to work before the mid 90's. They started to only care about the bottom dollar and not the employees. They took away so many great benefits. They set targets well beyond anything that could be attained. They made billions every year but didn't reach the targets so packaged people out quarterly.
Decent position, but kinda boring
Team Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 March 2017
I've worked in an IBM office for almost 4 years, and the work environment has not changed. The tasks are the same, the hours are the same, and anything that actually needs doing can be completed in minimal time while still being thorough.

My only beef is that my contractor company isn't big on providing raises. It's been almost 3yrs since my last raise. In simple terms, I work for IBM, but I'm not employed by IBM.
Pros
Guaranteed daytime hours, amazing clients, easy commute
Cons
Not many raises, quiet atmosphere, not very busy
Great work/life balance in a very slow pace environment
Application Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2017
Great work/life balance and professional environment. Good company name to have in your resume. Some oportunities to get involved in new projects with new technologies.
On the other side, most projects move slow waiting on "acting busy" individuals with few or low interest.
Very complicated to get a salary increase. You more or less are stuck with the salary you negotiated when you started, unless you change your position or get promoted.
Most days you feel you could be doing much more things.
Pros
Professional collegues, convenient office location, serious company.
Cons
Slow projects and too much back and forth, excessive separation of duties, most projects move slow pushed only by meetings.
Organized and equipped
AiTSRD Business Development Analyst/Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada14 March 2017
IBM is a very organized and professional workplace. I liked that they have very structured way of onboarding new people and getting them ready for all the requirements to be productive in their jobs.
Good place to grow your skills
Senior Managing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 March 2017
If you are looking for a breadth of education and experiences, IBM offers a lot of both. However, you do need to be a self-starter and self-promoter in order to take best advantage of IBM's opportunities.
Pros
Education; growth opportunities within the company
Cons
overtime; varying culture in diff departments
Fantastic support of staff. I loved working there.
Correspondence Secretary, Intellectual Property (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2017
I feel very fortunate to have started my career with such a stellar company. IBM was very good to me. I resigned when my second child was born, because my husband and I decided it was more important for mom to be at home until the children started school. I don't regret our decision one bit. One cannot get that time back, and I feel it really helped my children that I was at home with them. But in a perfect world I would have loved to return to IBM once the children were in school all day.
Pros
We were treated so, so well
Productive.
AIX Team Leader/ project manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON8 March 2017
Very stressful, great work mates. I worked in a 24hour all call environment with a rotating team of highly skilled Unix Administrators
I was the Team Leader we supported multiple out sourced clients.
IBM is a fair compay to work for.
Unix Team Lead (Former Employee) –  3600 Steeles Ave E, Markham8 March 2017
Everyone work hard to support the clients. Competition with other company is getting harder as work is off-shored. The company policy are very good for security.
Clean and Healthy Work Environment
Technical Support - Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 March 2017
Had a lot of support from my colleagues and supervisors. Very friendly and supportive. Always learning new techniques and ways to solve various issues.
Great to obtain skills and knowledge
Service Delivery Manager - IBM/JLL (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 March 2017
A good place for one to learn business knowledge and skills to advance your career in an IT environment. The ability to advance within IBM has been limited with the last few years as they have out sourced a lot of there positions.
Fun, respectful, balanced place to work
Senior IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON7 March 2017
As a team lead, most of my work involves meetings, answering emails, studying problems, reading and writing documents. I choose when I want to have my breaks and lunch which works out well because I work when I most productive and stop when I am tired. The managements is pretty good and capable. The workplace culture is open, open to new ideas, and respectful. The hardest part of the job with a large company like IBM is the admin and the time it gets to get things approved. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people.
Pros
Respect
Cons
Admin
Good reputation
SAP FI/CO Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2017
Very good reputable company to work with. It is very good to start the career with . Have some nice people back then when I am with the company. I enjoyed working there
Its a nice place to work. Enjoyed the people I worked with.
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON25 February 2017
It was a great place to work. Once of the first places I started to work from.
The salary was good, but it was not par with industry standards.
Overall great place to work. Will work for them again.
Absolutely great workplace
Logistics Procurement Professional (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON22 February 2017
IBM is one of the best employers in terms of career path. They are the best at whatever they do and can only be a win-win situation except for job security.
Productive and interesting environment
Associate Risk Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON20 February 2017
Excellent place. Cool people. Amazing culture. I was given the opportunity to connect and learn with people from different backgrounds.
IBM best
Asset Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2017
The best of IBM is the work/Life Balance with the home office style and flexibility to manage you time.
Is also a very organized company, you have procedures to follow and that makes your work a lot better.
The Salary is usually less than the market value but it is worth it because of the flexibility.
Job Security depends on the customers: no customer = no job which is not good, they should find another place for employees being such a big company.
Management is overall excellent, with open doors policy to reach out second line managers if needed.
Job Culture is one of the best I've seen, there is a clear culture and you don't have a doubt about it.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
Salary
Network and Compliance specialist
Network Specialist (Current Employee) –  Delhi, ON20 February 2017
Better within complany owned workplace, onsite options are less to move out of india, within india its bad to move on customer location or else remain in central location of project.