IBM
4,567 reviews

IBM Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent Company to work for
SAP Security and GRC consultant (Former Employee), Toronto,Kokata.October 26, 2014
IBM is an excellent place to work in with a great work culture and work life balance.
Professional Work Environment
Asset Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 25, 2014
Pros: well recognized
Cons: rules & regulations
Corporate environment
Clear expectations set up-front
Employees are skilled in their profession
Opportunity to learn
Data Specialist - ETL Datastage (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 24, 2014
Pros: opportunity to learn
Cons: less salary
Good Work Culture
Management not easily approachable
Very less promotions
Very strict appraisal ratings
More learning opportunities
SYSTEM SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 24, 2014
Good workplace, Hard to get permanent,
OK to work for a while and then move on, good on resume
professional working place
Project Co-ordinator (Current Employee), shenzhenOctober 21, 2014
Everything is going smooth within IBM, and provide a diverse training opportunities for employees, can get diverse promotion opportunity in this company.
Congenial atmosphere
Project Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great manager, automy of work.
Cons: location not too accessible.
Good place to work, congenial co-workers.
Managed upgrading survey's to Y2K standards,
Spent day calling US companies re Y2K readiness on Accounting programs.
Good
IT Executive Support (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 20, 2014
Good working environment
Unexpected changes
Good working hours
Fair salary
Productive and fun workplace with table tennis table and badminton team in ICT
IT Architect & Senior UNIX Systems Admin (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 16, 2014
Pros: fresh sala made in front of you
Very nice people there as your colleagues.

Worked as UNIX Systems Administrator
Great work experience with low pay and no benefits
Service Desk Technical Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great work experience
Cons: low salary, no benefits
Service Desk positions at IBM Canada (Markham) are a great opportunity to upgrade your resume and obtain on the job experience learning from senior agents, team leads, managers and the rest of your peers. Opportunity to support multiple accounts. Unfortunately, the majority of the hiring for these positions (contract) are through third party recruiters – more... who take a big stake from your pay. – less
Best Life Employment
Advisor - I.T Security Audits & Risk Management (Former Employee), toronto, ontarioOctober 10, 2014
Pros: salary
Best Life Employment. Learned a lot and progressed consistently.
Project Manager (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCOctober 9, 2014
Great place to work and the experience is priceless. I recommend working for IBM to all my friends.
a good company
Project coordinator (Current Employee), C30October 5, 2014
A good company,easy going with branches and co-workers, good culture and could gain opportunities easily.
Good place to learn customer service
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), MontrealOctober 2, 2014
Answering calls and emails all day, typical customer service/call centre.
good place to work
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 30, 2014
IBM is a good place to work. People are nice and helpful. I would love to work in this company again in the future
Busy work place & lost of tech learning
Wintel Architect (Former Employee), Markham OnSeptember 25, 2014
Only problem which i notice in my past three different contracts under different groups of IBM.
Lack of senior co-ordination with middle management. being an architect & system admins role where I am not involved directly to senior delivery officials I guess they only review the project financials
One thing I notice in past 3-5 yrs consulting projects – more... from IBM requiters going cheap in terms of rate & reason is IBM don't offer them..
Second is middle of project while you working IBM breach the agreement in different ways like reducing the rates & termination without 5 weeks notice – less
A Place to Learn and Grow
Business Development Manager, Canada (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2014
Speaking to internal and external clients and professionals who evaluate our processes daily. IBM is always looking to be better and faster so I was charged with the task of recommending improvements to the end-to-end sales process. Soliciting customer is a critical component of that task.

It's been an incredible learning experience. I began my IBM – more... career in 2000 and represented Canada Sales and Purchasing Team. In my roles, I worked to improve the efficiency of our processes.

The Sales and Purchasing Leadership Program allowed me to gain experience in different parts of our business and to develop my network.

My first project at IBM challenged me to lead a team our sales people to more effectively capture solutions in the marketplace. In addition to acquiring personal and professional growth, I was able to influence major decisions and collaborate with the various arms of the IBM organization.

I had joined IBM for the mentorship and career growth opportunities. IBM understands the value of its people and encourages continuous learning and development. I had several mentors, both formal and informal, who had provided me with excellent coaching and insight to the organization.

It was a great place to learn and grow... – less
Good company to work for.
QA Portfolio Manager - Wealth Management (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2014
Good company to work for, I have been working in this company for 9 years.
Excellent workplace!!
Incident Manager - QA Environment Support (Former Employee), Loblaw Head Office, BramptonSeptember 22, 2014
Very good work environment with excellent team members able to complete all tasks and projects on time and within budget.
Our Project was located at Loblaw Head Office and working under our leadership enabled our team as a whole to perform above expectations!!
IT Company
Deskside Support Representative (Former Employee), Sudbury, ONSeptember 22, 2014
Good company, many years of experience in the Technology field.
Wonderful training opportunities
Experience at IBM
Application Architect / Technical Lead (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 17, 2014
IBM is a huge company in terms of client pool and resources. Lot of opportunities to grow in career, but multiple layers of management make the every process too slow. Not much transparency in the progression cycle and salary hikes. Technically, IBM is one the best company and Client I have worked with. They have best in the business resources and tools.

1 2 3 4 5

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more