A vital part of IBI Group’s success is the dedication of our corporate team. They don’t just balance our books or fix our computers or take notes in a meeting; each staff member has an important role in our company-wide accomplishment.
Everyone contributes to a common goal. Our diverse, energetic staff prides themselves on helping their teams run smoothly.
IBI Group’s Toronto office is looking for an experienced in-house Corporate Counsel to join its team. The successful applicant will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and Director of Operations and will provide consulting services on all legal issues on behalf of the company, and will assist and advise on both corporate/business strategy and on the handling of daily legal issues and administration.
- Negotiate or draft various types of agreements
- Provide transactional review and advice on applicable laws and risk mitigation strategies.
- Manage professional liability claims involving IBI Group and its affiliated firms
- Responsible for the management of insurance issues.
- Coordinate and manage insurance claims with internal personnel and external clients.
- Responsible for the maintenance of corporate records for our various affiliated companies,
- Prepare internal corporate documents, engage with corporate licensing/registration issues as they arise, and answer questions regarding internal corporate structure and signing authorities.
- Responsible for the development and execution of strategic business initiatives to enhance the involvement of the legal function
- 7 years of recent legal experience in an internal legal department and/or a major law firm.
- Called to the Bar of Ontario with current membership in the Law Society of Upper Canada
- Commercial law experience, including experience in corporate governance and with general business matters including the negotiation of commercial contracts.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience in the architecture/engineering/planning consulting industry or construction experience is preferred
Founded in 1974, IBI Group is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing a range of services focusing on the physical development of cities. IBI Group specializes in four areas of development: Urban Land, Facilities, Transportation and Systems. Worldwide, we employ over 3100 professionals in more than 76 offices internationally and we proudly practice with ISO 9001:2008 certification.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.