IBC Technologies Inc of Vancouver seeks to hire an experienced Inventory Supervisor.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
Good depth of experience in most, if not all, of the following areas is required:
- Fluency with MS Office and Access database is required; exposure to wider ERP systems is desirable.
- Experience within an ISO-type environment is an asset
- 5+ years of work experience is required
The successful candidate will exhibit the key personal traits relevant to success in a young company environment:
- Organized and efficient
- Attentive to detail – with accuracy – in a busy environment
- Good at bringing structure and ideas to improve current systems
- Ability to handle stress and excel in job performance during peak periods.
- Must be able to work on own initiative
- Experience in inventory planning, purchasing an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, Fluent in English
- Driven to roll out expanded quality systems within the enterprise.
- Willing and able to do whatever needs to be done to accomplish the mission, within or outside of your job description
- To “own” inventory; collaborate (w/ production manager) on physical layout; manage receiving and shipping processes
- Plan for inventory levels during high and low seasons.
- Ensure the accuracy of stock records, using continuous cycle counts; lead twice annual full counts
- Understand the order / delivery cycle for all components, monitor PO issuance and expected timing of supply; tracing, delivery date management (push/pull)
- Ensure the orderly flow of goods to the production line
- Production QC: received items rejected from the production line, evaluate, process (e.g. to warranty claim stage) and dispose (e.g. back to product or destroy – subject to warranty requirements)
- Liaison with the Production Manager and Accounting on all the above
- Assist Technical Support & Accounting in evaluating parts received from the field; process and dispose
- Participate in establishment and monitoring of Health & Safety procedures in the warehouse
Detailed job functions:
- Along with the Production Manager maintain all stock levels as required
- Trigger PO’s when needed for all local stock as required
- Organise and Maintain system for collecting parts that are broken during production or fail at test bench – insulation/gaskets/fans/boards
- Segregate and notify Accounts weekly or monthly as required
- In conjunction with Account and Production decide on warranty claim and return to manufacturer on a regular basis
- Regularly dispose of parts not claimed through recycling or waste
- Maintain Quarantine Heat Exchangers
o Take out of cases once identified as quarantine
o Notify Accounts
o Maintain Serial number records
o Consult with Engineering as to next stage
o Oversee repair procedure
o Notify Account of movement to Good Stock or Warranty Claim
- Organise Monthly Heat Exchanger Warranty Claim
o Maintain Serial Number records
o Take Photos and write explanations
- Following specified procedures, carry out repairs when fail from Testing
- Summarise/Monitor the corrective work done at test bench to improve production procedures
Returned Boilers & Parts
- Monitor and control all returns
- With Tech Support Repair/Re fit as required. Decide on warranty claim and return to manufacturer
- Participate in Health & safety in the warehouse
- Supervise & Coordinate activities of workers receiving, transporting, stacking, and maintaining records in the warehouse
- Ensure all inventory boxes are marked with part numbers and quantities
- Liaise with Shipping/Receiving to maintain an inventory map of where everything is – including system components, misc. parts, obsolete stock, R&D parts etc.
- Ensure the warehouse is clean and presentable at all times for factory tours
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery within the warehouse
- Forklift certification an advantage
Base Salary: $48,000 - $52,000 DOE, Paid Semi Monthly (16th and end of every month)
Standard Hours of Work:
Normal working hours are 8am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday occasional project, team activities or abnormal customer needs may call for evenings or weekend work.
Confidentiality and Non-Compete: The successful candidate will be called on to sign a written agreement covering Intellectual Property, Company private information.
IBC re-invented high efficiency condensing boilers in 1995 and our continued leadership has earned us a strong reputation in the industry. We combine the latest technologies in gas combustion, heat exchangers, electronic control systems and the internet to create systems to heat buildings and supply hot water with unprecedented efficiency. A strong commitment to developing energy saving technology ensures that IBC will continue to be a leader in manufacturing energy efficient products providing superior comfort, reliability and fuel savings to our customers. IBC’s advanced research program is currently involved in ground breaking, combined heat and power technology (CHP) that will soon supply heat and electricity to homes from fuels like natural gas.