IBC Technologies - Vancouver
IBC re-invented high efficiency condensing boilers in 1995 and our continued leadership has earned us a strong reputation in the industry. We combine the latest technologies in gas combustion, heat exchangers, electronic control systems and the internet to create systems to heat buildings and supply hot water with unprecedented efficiency. A strong commitment to developing energy saving technology ensures that IBC will continue to be a leader in manufacturing energy efficient products providing superior comfort, reliability and fuel savings to our customers.
IBC is currently looking for a Boiler Tech Support Professional to be based at our Vancouver head office. The successful candidate will provide technical support to our customers in the areas of design, installation, start-up, electrical and troubleshooting of IBC products under the guidance of the Technical Support Manager.
Provide technical support to our North American customers via telephone and data link
1. Act as the primary customer contact for technical and warranty support process
2. Provide technical assistance to customers at remote job sites on installation, start up, trouble shooting
3. Engage customers professionally to determine their specific needs
4. Provide expert knowledge of our product range
5. Actively promote sales of equipment and parts when needed
6. Create and review drawings and documents using MS Office and Visio
7. Check hydronic drawings from external engineers and builders
8. Assist in the design and calculations regarding venting systems, domestic hot water, pools, pumps and valves as required
9. Converse with Engineering, Production and Finance departments on technical issues emerging from the field
10. Operate within company, industry, and regulatory safety standards and protocols
11. Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by the senior team
Skills & Traits:
- Possess a genuine desire to help people, and a passion for quality hydronics
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills - fluent English; additional languages useful
- Ability to read and interpret system and equipment plans, specifications, operating manuals
- Self-disciplined, to work independently and complete work on time with minimal supervision
- Ability to recognize potential and actual problems and work to develop solutions and implement an effective course of action.
- Possess a strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience with boilers and gas equipment preferred.
- General knowledge in the use of electronic test and gas calibration equipment.
- It is essential that you possess above-average proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel and relational databases. Experience using design software like SolidWorks 3DCAD, Indesign, Visio an advantage
- Natural ability to project a positive and professional company image
- Minimum two year technical / engineering degree / mechanical technologist background
- or - equivalent experience of five to seven years in the hydronic heating industry.
- Current Gas Ticket / B (or higher) gas license
- Training in hydronic system design / TECA hydronic system design desirable.
- Driver’s license and vehicle access of potential future benefit
Indeed - 14 months ago