Hyundai Capital America Employee Reviews

The company is still in a growing stage.
Analyst I/Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA22 June 2017
My time at Hyundai had ups and downs, mostly downs. The only promotions are given to managers and these managers are put in a department they have no training or skill at. During my time in QA I had four managers. Each new manager came in with their own way of doing things and my team had to follow suit, Meaning we had to stop our current process and learn a new one each year.

During my tenure Hyundai had seven different CEO's so again more change and ideas with each new CEO.

Hyundai does have great Benefits.

Hyundai pay is at or below average.

I was able to work any hours I wanted as long as I was working eight hours.

Hyundai's IOS system is very old they attempted to install a new one however after over a year they found that it was not going to work for the company's need.
Pros
Work any hours, Benefits
Cons
Too many changes with upper management, Hyundai does not have a clear direction.
Heavily under production pressure, poor management
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TX31 May 2017
Highly under production pressure, the higher your number the more they need you to push it. Manager would monitor your breaks and time off. Mandatory over time when needed and cancel immediately as business drop. High turn over, loosing good, skilled employees.
Jeans all week. Decent compensation.
Pros
Decent compensation, lease and purchase vehicle program
Cons
Micro management, monitor your breaks and time off
Productive and Fun Place to Work with Ping Pong Table
Lease End Advisor (Current Employee) –  Plano, TX29 May 2017
Hyundai Capital Corporation is a decent company to work with. I can't complain about the salary or the benefits. Health Benefits are free - however the deductible is very high. They need to revamp their PTO time and offer sick time. Given that, the office culture is typical of a large corporation. They do their best to make it as "fun" as they think they can.
Pros
Health Benefits free, Management in most departments are laid back, CEO is awesome.
Cons
Short Breaks, Lack of sick time, Lack of PTO, Their software systems are archaic
Right words yet wrong actions
Sr. Analyst Contact Management - Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Plano, TX17 April 2017
This company has all the potential in the world. You cannot tell if middle management is impeding the advancement of the company or if upper management is saying one thing and doing another. Upper management says all the right things, but the execution of those plans are never "user friendly".

The pay is good and the benefits are great. But moving up has nothing to do with quality of work. The wrong people are constantly promoted and fired.
Benefits
Cons
Bad management
Great Work Environment
Credit Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA3 April 2017
Overall good company. Korean based. They work you hard but they pay you for your services. Great company to advance in. I took and learned a lot there.
Productive and Fun work place with game room
Salesforce Developer (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CA27 March 2017
A typical day at work, I have managed working many development tasks and interacting with business user's and QA team.
I have learned to work along with a team and learned technical skills related to Salesforce.
Management here in Hyundai is very innovative and helpful.
Workplace culture is excellent and employees were made involved in so many fun activities.
The hardest part of the job is leaving the office.
Most enjoyable part of job is working and have fun with playing games.
Productive environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE I (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA22 March 2017
Great Company, great work environment, great prople. Works with you if you need time off. I hear thst they have excellent benefits. Management is great. Company also has a gym.
Pros
Clubs
Cons
Need more employees
Work in progress
Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA21 March 2017
A key problem is HR. Too much power and they do not understand the business. A bigger issue is management in HCA are not granted the capability to make key decisions. That right is reserved by either the real bosses in HMA or HCS or HR.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Everything else
basic
Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CA8 March 2017
Nice place to work but no future advancement opportunities no where in sight. They do offer overtime but re-tract offer depending on the company need and goals
Pros
good people
Cons
no future
Nepotism is Rampant
Manager I (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA6 March 2017
While generally a good company to work for, HCA is not a meritocracy. It is almost all about who you know which is really unfortunate. Lots of fantastic talent either get stuck on one person islands or leave for better opportunity.
Pros
Beautiful location, decent salary, some really great people
Cons
Medical benefits are terrible, "discounts" on leases
Good company to work
Business Process Analyst /Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CA2 March 2017
Good company to work, good environment, culture and allow you to have good work life balance. Leadership team is supportive and friendly, no micro management and allow you to share your thought an inputs for the success.
Need new management in Atlanta ofiice
Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA7 February 2017
Place is full of nepotism and managers that were friends before working at Hyundai.The management really needs a complete overhaul in the Atlanta office.
Production
Auto Finance Collector (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA1 February 2017
This is a great company to work for depending on the department you work for. Management is not very fourth coming with their teams. Not a very structured system for the auto finance collectors.
Pros
Wonderful benefits
Not the Best Company to Work for due to Shady Practices
Funder II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA18 January 2017
This company do not value hard working employees. If you are good at what you do then be prepared to have managers hating on you and scared you are going to take their job because 9 times out of 10 they are only doing enough just to get by. Managers sit around and carry on with office gossip and spread rumors so the family culture does not exist. The pay is better than other places but do not exact a work and family life balance.
Pros
Employee Leasing
Cons
Not the best environment to work in
Very productive and fun working with this client. We were never monitored by anyone.
Oracle PL/SQL Developer (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CA13 January 2017
Great work atmosphere and have nice ping pong tables for recreation purposes. Management is effective enough in getting the work done from its employees.
Wasted Potential - HCA Can Be A Great Company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX7 January 2017
HCA is a growing company. The problem is that this company reacts to its growth rather than be proactive and ready for the growth. HCA has the worst and out dated systems to work with which is a dis-service to employees, dealers and customers. HCA is also under staffed. As a result, employees get burned out by being over worked. The morale is very low especially in some departments. There are some good managers to work for but others are definitely ones you would want to stay away from. HCA says they believe in work-life balance but their actions proved otherwise. HCA has great employees who are willing to work hard but management has to be more proactive in listening to the needs of employees. I did learn a lot from the challenges faced on a daily basis. Communication is severely lacking between management and employees and between departments.
Pros
Great health benefits, great people to work with, events
Cons
Low morale, horrible systems, no communication, no career advancement opportunities, no work-life balance, un-professional managers
Poor Leadership
Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA7 January 2017
The Leadership team is very poor. Employees are not treated well. No development or coaching for the staff. The company is declining overall.
Cons
Horrible leadership
Not a bad place
Oracle Developer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA7 January 2017
Good work environment, but job security is way too low for comfort. The team camaraderie is positive, however, and thus it is a good place to spend a couple years.
Pros
Flexible work location, good mentoring from experienced developers.
Cons
Low job security; more turnover than is the norm even in this field
Hca
Inside Sales Analyst, HMF/KMF Inside Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TX4 January 2017
HCA was a great place to work in every aspect you can imagine until they removed the inside sales department which got rid of my job. They continued to demote me and cut my pay while telling me I would be paid the same. Very hard to continue working for a company that does that to you and is completely fine with it.
Great Benefits: Little to no opportunities for growth
Analyst (Former Employee) –  GA7 December 2016
The benefits are fantastic however there is little room to grow because you are not located at headquarters. Education and training opportunities are also limited.
Pros
Free Medical and Dental
Cons
Hard to be Promoted

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hyundai Capital America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7