Hyundai Capital America Employee Reviews

very fast paced environment poor management even though I liked my job I had to leave
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA9 October 2017
I liked my job there but due to poor management I had to work almost 50 to 60 hours every week and had no balance in my life so decided to leave the company.
Ever Changing
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA14 September 2017
Fast paced ever-changing environment, many jobs have limited to no chance for advancement opportunities within the department. You must change departments to advance.
A stressful, and harmful company to work for
Credit Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Plano, TX14 September 2017
It was just not the best company to work for, by any means.I would not recommend this company to any of my current friends as a good place to work, it was not the worst, just overall a mediocre company
Hyundai
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA11 September 2017
I really enjoyed the people I worked with and the advancement opportunities. What was unrealistic was the expectation to work 12 hour days 6 days a week and still provide quality work. The benefits were great.
Great Place To Work
Servicing Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TX5 September 2017
Great company, great management, feels like a family. We get a lot of work done, but also have fun and department/company activities. Great recognition for jobs well done.
Two companies in one
Manager - Procurement (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA3 September 2017
Good people, great location in Irvine, CA. Lots of constant changes directed from Korea. Favoritism toward Koreans, upper management are just pawns from the "mother ship" in Korea. Lots of layoffs, constant change over.
Pros
Good building, good benifits
Cons
Ran as if we were in Korea...LOTS of micro-managing.
Good money Bad Environment
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Plano, TX1 September 2017
Lack of direction. You are held to the standard which is a moving target. Communication is terrible. Overly stressful environment. Major lack of IT infrastructure.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Inconsistency. Poor Leadership
Management needs help
Servicing Manager (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GA30 August 2017
Upper management doesn't know how to deal with mid level managers as well as expectation is outrageous for mid level managers. You are not able to do your job and your hands are tied. Employees are free to get away with what they want and managers have no say so they are walked on and are expendable.
Benefits
Cons
upper management diverse culture is a joke.
Experience
Experienced Funder, Smyrna (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GA30 August 2017
I feel like this could be a great place to work but the management staff plays favorites. I think it is all about who you know to get hired on permanent.
Productive and fun workplace
Privacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CA23 August 2017
Company does a great job of aligning productivity goals to organization's goals. Over the past couple of years there has been much improvement on employee's work/life balance.
nice business professional environment
Specialty Analyst - Collections Support (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX21 August 2017
This was a great company to work for. Too much micro management but overall huge on work life balance. Great employee benefits however the bonus structure is not as enticing.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Great place to be. Great people to be around.
Analyst Collections Skip Tracing II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX17 August 2017
Hyundai is a great place to root yourself and retire from. However there are many areas of opportunity that we can improve in. other than that, Hyundai is an idea place to be employed.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Areas of opportunity for improvement all around
Great Benefits and Pay
Collections Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA14 August 2017
Great company to work with. Many options of growth however management is of poor standards. They don't take the time to focus on agents and making sure the work environment is positive. This company has a zero tolerance policy which is very harsh towards employees who might follow the company guidelines but might not be favored. They allow others to cause problems in the workplace with light to no consequences. But punish individuals who don't carry any corrective actions with lost of employment. Job security is poor. You would want to have your resume ready at all times.
Pros
benefits, great income
Cons
management, Hr, unresolved problems in the work place
Productive, good benefits.
Collector II Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA7 August 2017
A typical day at Hyundai was intense and fun at the same time. Management could use improvements. The hardest part of the job was being able to work the required hours.
Pros
The ability to advance
Cons
Position turnover rate
Not a solid company
Collector 1 (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CA26 July 2017
You show and up and do your tasks for the day and nothing else. There are double standards with favoritism being used daily. Management does no communicate well and will often not keep there word on anything they tell you. If you do not have it in writing than it did not happen and even than they may not honor it. The culture very drone like with the feeling of doing just enough instead of doing your best. If you start as temp than the chances of you getting hired is very low and they will treat you differently than everyone else.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plano, TX25 July 2017
There are calls back to back. There are a lot of metrics to meet. The supervisors have good moral and the job does try to reward their employees. It can be very stressful.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
A Course in Corporate Polotics
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA17 July 2017
The company is not well managed. Change is a key piece of the business. However, their fix and launch business practice leaves many in awe as they cannot stop hazards and catastrophic failure that planning would normally alleviate.

The company and management will give you the best lessons in how to manage your career as if you were a politician. Again, if you take pride in doing things the right way do not expect to be happy here. The bottom line is you must produce something quickly and once it fails make sure to have a strong scape goat. This is the circle of life at this company.

They have very good benefits and recently upgraded their facility, so while you are busy blaming others and accomplishing very little you can enjoy these perks.

The company is also the leader in paying as little as possible for your position. Do not assume you will make anywhere near industry average for any position.
Pros
Health benefits
Unethical Management - Not a place to call a Career!
Credit Analyst II/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA16 July 2017
If you care about family your personal
Well being this isn't the place as you will be constantly at work! This company made me excited initially from fake work from home program which is currently being ran terribly.

Management: When I realized that managers were leading me that I didn't think qualified to lead me that was my que to go. The culture is childish , unethical and overwhelming. Management is also not held to the same standards of being at work its more like less time at work.
Pros
Associate Car Leasing Program
Cons
No work life balance/Unprofessional Managers/Director
Opportunity to Learn from Different Departments
National Remarketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TX10 July 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with those that are like minded when it comes to accomplishing tasks. The hardest part of the job can be working with management when it comes to the work load balance.
Pros
Great benefits, plenty of fun activities to do with co-workers, great team builders
Cons
Work load balance, the need for better management of the work load
The company is still in a growing stage.
Analyst I/Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA22 June 2017
My time at Hyundai had ups and downs, mostly downs. The only promotions are given to managers and these managers are put in a department they have no training or skill at. During my time in QA I had four managers. Each new manager came in with their own way of doing things and my team had to follow suit, Meaning we had to stop our current process and learn a new one each year.

During my tenure Hyundai had seven different CEO's so again more change and ideas with each new CEO.

Hyundai does have great Benefits.

Hyundai pay is at or below average.

I was able to work any hours I wanted as long as I was working eight hours.

Hyundai's IOS system is very old they attempted to install a new one however after over a year they found that it was not going to work for the company's need.
Pros
Work any hours, Benefits
Cons
Too many changes with upper management, Hyundai does not have a clear direction.