Hyndman Transport Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Sucks the very life out of you
Shop (Former Employee) –  Ayr17 September 2017
Became one of the worst managed companies, expect to be treated like ??? because they think everyone is expendable. Unless you like being treated like a no mind lackie, be pushed around, have extra work load added, NOT being paid a proper hourly wage or compensated adequately for extra work then this place is for you. A shame they bought into that American attitude, mantality, idiolology expect your rights as a Canadian worker to go right down the toilet.
Pros
Very little
An OK place to work
Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Ayr, ON12 July 2017
The staff (other than management) are great. Management will tell you about their "open" door policy, but then reprimand you for using it. There is absolutely no room for advancement, even if you were promised it in the beginning. They will expect you to do multiple people's jobs and not compensate you fairly. Also, they will treat you like you are completely replaceable. There is zero communication with their employees or between office's, you will be waiting months for an answer on a question you asked.
Pros
Paid benefits
Cons
Compensation, Toxic work environment
Wroxeter location
AZ Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Wroxeter, ON8 May 2017
The staff running the school and training part out of Wroxeter couldn't be more suited to their job. They hand picked some of the best. Unfortunately no local work available or this would be my permanent job. Sad not to be there any longer. Should a local city job come up I would go back in a heartbeat.
Pros
Family atmosphere and great friends to work with. Benefits from day one.
Cons
Only long haul US work available.
Good people to work with.
O.T.R. driver (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 May 2017
This was a great place to work, I only left because I couldn't raise my son from the highway, but once he's grown I would consider heading back out with them. It's a very large company and you are just a number, but who cares f you want to be a name then stay home with your family, this company offers lots of work, and of all the trucking companies i've worked for this is the best one period.
Pros
everything
Cons
non
Very nice company, excellent driver training programme
Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2017
Hyndman has one of the best driver training programme for the new class 1 drivers. Very nice management. New equipments, helpful dispatch.
You can enjoy the work and life balance. I worked for them as a US Canada long haul driver for almost a year and I really enjoyed working with them but later on i realized that i am not meant for the long haul trucking due to some family reasons.

The only thing which I don't like is that the pay is very low, you are getting only 36 cents per mile if you run in canada.
Pros
Good home time, work and life balance helpful dispatch
Cons
Very low pay per mile
Positive Communication
CSR and Outbound Planner (Current Employee) –  Wroexter ON12 May 2016
Typical day - track all my loads to ensure loads are delivered on time, if not on time, confirm with dispatcher as to the delay of the load, call the customer 1st and apologize/advise of the delay. then call my contact for this customer whom schedules these loads and advise them as well via email. I also ensure empties are dropped in a timely fashion at the customer request anywhere. I also get trlr's picked up from a customer and dropped elsewhere for storage at the request of the customer. Update any Billing. I also have my broker's that I broker loads out too. With these one I am well versed in Mercury Gate, which means I have to tender and ensure billing is correct on the website. I also have to final the load out in Mercury Gate as well as our AS400 system as well. With my brokers as well, they also have to give me updates on the loads. update any information for all loads. Receive tenders off the EDI/LT system here as well. Data enter all loads going outbound. they can range from HR, HZ, to basic FLT loads and non-hazmat loads.

What I learned is communication with the customers and to develop a good rapport with them. They rely on me to communicate effectively and efficiently. I guess you could say - I have kind of spoiled them with my promptness.

With my co-workers, it is also positive communication and ask for help if needed to get these loads going in a timely fashion to accommodate a customer
The most enjoyable part - is getting feed back from the customer's. I strive for communications in all areas of my job. Communication is key to keep everyone
  more... aware, and to reply in a timely and quick fashion as well, I do know when I started this job, they were all surprised with my quick response in answering any questions.
I have also learned at whom I can contact for emergency loads that must get delivered, even at last minute. If at that time, there are no options - I try my best to work with the customer to ensure a suitable time for delivery.
Pros
Free lunches when working on a holiday
Cons
long hours 730am - 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
Great training program
Long Haul AZ Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Wroxeter, ON18 November 2015
Overall great experience. long haul isn't for me.
Company is good.
Flexible schedule
choice of loads
I really don't know what else to say about this company.
I was only there a short time but enjoyed the experience.
Pros
equipment, travel
Cons
away from home too much
met new friends