Hydro One Employee Reviews in Canada

Hydro One the Learning Experience
Protection and Control Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Utopia, ONApril 22, 2016
I was with Hydro One in their Protection and Control Department for my final 2 co-operative work terms. They truly embraced the idea of learning while working and ensured that I was involved in as many projects as possible to give me as wide a view of their typical work days as possible. It was an incredible learning experience.
Productive workplace, stress free
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 14, 2016
Not very stressful, good benefits and salary, very relaxing environment which made everyone productive. Co-workers were very kind and helpful
Great workplace, would love to work there again
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONApril 5, 2016
organized and friendly work environment, my favorite job that I have had by far. In-depth training and an eye for safety on the job site at all times
Pros
Great people, great pay
Cons
travelling may be required
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 9, 2015
Really enjoyed my time there but there definitely was some days when the pressure was very high. They have a great team environment and they love pot luck lunches.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Contract work
Supportive Management
AMI Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 13, 2015
The management at the Smart Meter and Network Operations Department where very supportive of innovation, which helped to enhance my performance.

While going about my assigned duties, I often noticed areas of improvement in work processes. I proceeded to develop software to meet these needs and demonstrated them to my superiors. They were supportive in that they accepted it and offered suggestions on added functionality that will make the tool more useful for the team.

This was the nature of my work experience at hydro which made it more interesting. I was given the liberty to identify problems and proceed to fix them and report to my superiors.
Pros
Supportive management, good pay
Cons
Aside from the tools I developed, my assigned duties could be repititive
Great work environment
ADET Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONOctober 4, 2015
Co-workers eager to tech and pass on the knowledge. Job had lots of variety. The freedom to work in the office as well as on site of the project. Management is supportive and understanding.
Fantastic coworkers with high priority on safety
ADET Co-op (Former Employee) –  Perth, ONAugust 26, 2015
Being a Co-op, I got to tag along on a large variety of jobs. My typical day would include helping to prepare layouts for a variety of connections/upgrades/maintenance issues. There is a lot of information gathering so that you can do any and all needed calculations. The was a lot of computer use as well, using Microsoft Word/Excel and ArcMaps. Almost every job had some interaction with either a customer or contractor. The job variety was fantastic and prevented monotony. The people I worked with were great; always taking the work seriously, but having a fun and relaxing atmosphere to work in. Every step of the way, Safety was encouraged. We are taught that there is no job so important that it can't be done safely.
Pros
Cons
Bad (media driven) public image
Project Management Intern
Project Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 19, 2015
As a Project Manager Intern, I had the opportunity to help manage several large-budget transmission and switching stations projects, providing me with the challenge to execute crucial roles by tight scheduled deadlines and ensuring that communication among all teams was clear and up to date. My tasks included attending and leading meetings by either driving or flying to sites or holding them in conference rooms over phone, performing thorough material status checks and creating an organized schedule to keep myself on track, all of which required thorough pre-planning. I also worked simultaneously in the process management sector to keep myself busy and learn about how the information gathered was processed.

The co-workers were very helpful when I required assistance or needed to offload a task. The environment was a bit slow paced but taking on more work allowed me to keep busy whilst also learning more. The freedom to talk to anyone and learn about what projects they work on was the most enjoyable part of the job. Additionally, being allowed to work on different projects and with different teams kept the work interesting.
Pros
Freedom to choose additional work, short hours, great pay, vacation time, pension contribution
Cons
Slow paced, frequent management changes, aging mindset
Very fast paced but supportive Environment
Customer Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  MarkhamJuly 26, 2015
The company is great and lot of things to learn and grow.
A typical day is do the regular work in the morning basically reporting like new trends and stuff like that. Team work is very important. Learned about different line of Business.

Importance of Empathy in CS
Pros
Flexible Timings
Cons
Monotonous
Excellent Training
Sub-Foreperson Electrician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 1, 2015
Training here is top notch. Safety is number one priority. Company is great to work for but the traveling required is hard on family life.
Productive work environment with a great group of guys
Planning (Former Employee) –  ONApril 24, 2015
A typical day at work would include
- Arriving early in morning
- Talking to coworkers about there night/weekend
- Completing daily monotonous jobs
- management was really nice, easy to get along with, but some management did not know exactly what their job was
- Almost all coworkers were easy to get along with and willing to help you out
- Hardest part of the job was sitting at a desk with no work to do
- Most enjoyable part was when you were given a real job with a deadline
Pros
great hours, great people, great pay
Cons
boring, very monotonous
Rewarding place to work with access to Safety Traing
Assistant Health & Safety Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Walkerton, ONMarch 8, 2015
Great people to interact and learn from. Teamwork is fundamental to meat challenging deadlines and goals. Great place to work.
Company that cares about their workers
Office Clerk/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Utopia, ONFebruary 6, 2015
As an employee in the summer student program for two summers, I learned a lot about working in a professional, well-functioning organization.
Interesting place to work
Energy Auditor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 25, 2015
As the job I was suppose to do as an Energy Auditor, I had to got to various companies for auditing that included travel, that made the job more interesting. The co-workers and the people from other departments, all were very helpful and co-operative. There were many events held by the company relating to the Energy Saving for both business and commercial purposes which gave us the benefit of talking to people, listening to there problems and providing a solution.
Government owned company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2015
It really depends on your team environment and your manager.
Great company to work for
CO-OP DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  Orangeville OntarioDecember 8, 2014
I really did love working with Hydro One. I learned a lot and I am very thankful for the experience.
Great place to work. Good people and great Health and Safety programs. I loved my bosses. It was too bad it was only a contract position.
Executive Assistant to the President & CEO (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 18, 2014
I loved Hydro One Brampton, It was too bad it was only a contract position.
Pros
great pay and great people to work for.
Cons
unionized company. very difficult to be hired.
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant to the President & CEO (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 11, 2014
Supporting the CEO and VP of Financial.

I am on a contract position and am enjoying my time here.
Pros
good hours
Cons
contract position
Good Pay, Good Benifits, Good pensions, not a good place to advance
Asset Management Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 11, 2014
-Good Place to do a Coop placement
-And to do contract work near the end of your career
Pros
pay, benifits, unionized
Cons
unionized, corporate culture
very professional and best company to work with
Computer Network and System Security (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 14, 2014
Hydro One is believes in professionalism and best work ethics. Every employee is very dedicated towards work. The work environment will make you work there forever.

4.6