Hydro One Employee Reviews

Decent wage and benefit package. Unpredictable employment.
Forestry Labourer (Current Employee) –  Ontario25 August 2017
Cutting trees under the hydro line. Flagging traffic. Spraying chemical. Chipping brush. I learned proper operation of chainsaws and safety. Management is all over the map with no consistency.
Pros
Decent wage
Cons
Unpredictable employment
Awesome pay & staff
BASC Services Clerk - Locates & Inquiries Clerk (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 August 2017
Amazing pay.
Great holidays!
Great OVERALL :)
Convenient locations.
Positive work place.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Great company to work for if you are a union employee.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2017
Excellent work environment, nice people, manageable work load and flexible work hours.There's plenty of opportunities to learn and develop if you are motivated.
Great Company to Work For
Inventory Specialist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 May 2017
Various tasks to keep every day different from the last. Work with a dynamic group of people across the province to ensure they have the equipment that is needed.
Great Career
Energy Auditor (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 May 2017
Job security is good, workload is manageable, allows you to reach out and meet people within the community. Corporate style workplace, but is ideal if you need structure.
Pros
Satisfying Work
Cons
Corporate Hours
Meter Reader/Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON27 March 2017
Unfortunately at this time there is no job security. Seems like there has been cut backs, not knowing if you have a job to return to is very difficult to raise and support your family. Overall excellent work team environment. Would have enjoyed a permanent full time position.
Hydro One
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 March 2017
Overall good workplace with many actively engaged employees. Great opportunity for Engineering graduates looking to start off their careers, lots of training provided.
Safety First
General Labourer & Health and Safety Rep (Former Employee) –  Ontario South West13 February 2017
To be safe and aware of hazards in the working area. Daily tailboards, outlining daily tasks and procedures that are to be implemented. Constant training making concious and better workers.
good company
Electrician Foreman (Former Employee) –  Ontario11 January 2017
Good company for steady work,Culture is challenging at times when trying to complete work in a timely fashion,great for safety .
training is top notch.
work in all weather conditions.
Advancement is difficult ,friends ,family and favorites culture
Awesome place to work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  New Liskeard, ON3 January 2017
I sprayed chemicals under the Hydro One lines under the forestry division. Great people to work with. Sometimes taking a helicopter to remote locations was a necessity
Exciting place to work.
Electrical Systems Operator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 November 2016
Great learning environment, with many opportunities to gain and share knowledge. Excellent co-workers.Currently work shift work and enjoy it.
Good work culture with availability of on-site perks and benefits
Executive Assistant to the Vice President (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 October 2016
A well-rounded and diverse workplace, very professional atmosphere. Training and career support available. On-site perks and benefits include staffed cafeteria, on-site gym, good work environment.
Pros
Diversity in staffing, cross-departmental opportunities, cafeteria and gym on-site
Cons
Works under the Hydro One Networks Inc. umbrella - many job opportunities not on-site.
Great work environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2016
Hydro One is a great place to work, great core values, focus on the employees and safety. I thoroughly enjoy working here.
Great place to work, get to travel lots
Electrical Forestry Laborer (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON8 June 2016
cutting brush, chipping brush, spraying chemicals, flying in helicopters to commute. Get to see the whole province of Ontario and lots of wild life.
Hydro One the Learning Experience
Protection and Control Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Utopia, ON22 April 2016
I was with Hydro One in their Protection and Control Department for my final 2 co-operative work terms. They truly embraced the idea of learning while working and ensured that I was involved in as many projects as possible to give me as wide a view of their typical work days as possible. It was an incredible learning experience.
Productive workplace, stress free
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 April 2016
Not very stressful, good benefits and salary, very relaxing environment which made everyone productive. Co-workers were very kind and helpful
Great workplace, would love to work there again
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON5 April 2016
organized and friendly work environment, my favorite job that I have had by far. In-depth training and an eye for safety on the job site at all times
Pros
Great people, great pay
Cons
travelling may be required
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON9 November 2015
Really enjoyed my time there but there definitely was some days when the pressure was very high. They have a great team environment and they love pot luck lunches.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Contract work
Supportive Management
AMI Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 October 2015
The management at the Smart Meter and Network Operations Department where very supportive of innovation, which helped to enhance my performance.

While going about my assigned duties, I often noticed areas of improvement in work processes. I proceeded to develop software to meet these needs and demonstrated them to my superiors. They were supportive in that they accepted it and offered suggestions on added functionality that will make the tool more useful for the team.

This was the nature of my work experience at hydro which made it more interesting. I was given the liberty to identify problems and proceed to fix them and report to my superiors.
Pros
Supportive management, good pay
Cons
Aside from the tools I developed, my assigned duties could be repititive
Great work environment
ADET Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON4 October 2015
Co-workers eager to tech and pass on the knowledge. Job had lots of variety. The freedom to work in the office as well as on site of the project. Management is supportive and understanding.