Hydro One Networks Inc Employee Reviews

poor managment
jouneyman lineman (Current Employee) –  Bancroft, ON12 October 2017
big company that doesn't care about there employees they will throw you under the bus no questions asked treat you like a number not a human management is brain washed don't support the employee at all
Pros
winter meals
Cons
co workers lack skill and most are lazy protected by union
Productive and progressive workplace
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 June 2017
Good teamwork and management support. Very positive workplace, with focus on employees growth, safety and self development. Not quite supportive of contractors.
Pros
flexibility around working from home
Cons
tight funding on projects with strict schedules
Friendly and productive work environment
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Perth, ON28 May 2017
Received constant support and continuously learned new skills throughout my time there. Friendly co-workers always willing to help with work load. Excellent management and great work hours.
Safety first
Regional field mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON25 May 2017
Hydro one takes personal safety very seriously and keeps all employees involved with safety. Very good wage, good benefits , and retirement plans. A wide variety of work locations available. Friendly work environment.
Great worklife balance
Advanced Metering Infrastructure Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 April 2017
Learned to work well within a cross disciplinary team
Management was decent and easy to approach
The workplace culture was very friendly
The best part of the job was the team environment
Great Company to work for
Collections / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 February 2017
Great company to work for, the work atmosphere was pleasant and i enjoyed my time working for Hydro One. I learned that no one calls their Hydro company to tell them they are doing a good job!
Educational and comfortable enviroment
P&C Technical servicesInternship (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2016
This was a great place to do an internship as i never felt uncomfortable asking questions if I was unsure about something. Everyone was always more then willing to sit down and explain things to you to ensure you understood what was going on
Pros
Great department
Cons
current processes used at work
Great life after work, not so great at work.
co-op student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2016
Hydro One is notoriously known for they incompetent management and waste of public money.

It can be see everyday, people wasting time on the job, budgets blown away constantly, redundancy on top of redundancy (managers managing managers with no employees under them), impossible to fire bad employees due to union (FHRITP dude was the latest scandal).

Work here if you want an easy paycheck and lots of free time in your life.

Dont work here if you want to be challenged or have societal morals.
Pros
easy life, easy money, invincible.
Cons
if you are a decent human being you wont like it here.
Very friendly and Encouraging Environment
Protection & Control Technical Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2015
The hours are very flexible to meet your availability. Always encouraged to learn and apply the knowledge at work. Assistance is always provided when needed.
Great environment, unfortunately difficult to advance career-wise.
Human Resources/Labour Relations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 July 2015
As a contract employee, I found Hydro One provided me with a lot of great career experience. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. However, it was difficult to gain challenging tasks and career advancement.
Highly organized and result focused work environment
Civil/Environmental Project Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2015
Worked full time assisting senior project manager and engineers in managing civil and environmental station refurbishment projects. Professional trained in technical writing and communication skills
Great summer job for a student
CollegePro Window Cleaning Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 June 2015
This was a good experience to meet and work with other students in the same situation you are. Many good people who made work very enjoyable. Long hours with sometimes bad work conditions, but the people made it worth it. Was given many opportunities to exercise communication skills and advance.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Pressure from upper management to sign on long term
An Excellent Financial Firm
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2015
I have an excellent experience working at BMO
I enjoyed working with my team members
There are some challenges at the job which I have to manage professionally at the work.
Most part enjoyed at hydro one was that I interact with the managers of different departments. They are very approachable
Fun and relax workplace
Program Development Analyst (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON31 March 2015
Hydro One is one of the biggest Electricity provider of Ontario area. It covers almost all areas in Ontario, so the management is structural and relax.
I started my day by managing the emails of our team, and then I would release some projects to the field managers by using SAP. I would also prepare the operational reports every month by using SharePoint 2010 and Business Intelligence due on a specific day each month. In addition, I would help to prepare the PPT extracting the data from Excel Analysis for our team leader to present to the field managers. My supervisors mentioned that I did a good job at work.
I learnt how to run and mend the Macros in Excel in order to run our operational reports and how to use SAP, SharePoint 2010 and Business Intelligence to release and get the data I need.
The hardest part of the job is to mend the Macros since our operating system updated to windows 7 during that time. I learnt how to compile the Macros by myself to fix the compatible problems in Macros of Excel. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I have a lot of time to learn by myself.
Pros
Good pay and relax working enviroment
Cons
Too relax
Terrible work culture
Data and Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  Project co√∂rdinator13 March 2015
Management was at best incompetent at worst malicious and negligent. They seemed to only hire their friends and family and were very manipulative and corrupt. Everyone who works there is trapped by the good pay but hates management and their positions.
total mess and highly stressful given lazy management and unprofessional use of time/resources.
Customer Research Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2015
Think twice.

Total mess and highly stressful given lazy management and unprofessional use of time/resources.

This internship was almost a complete waste.
Pros
Pay
Productive, fun workplace.
Distributed Generation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON15 August 2014
I enjoyed my time at Hydron One. I learnt a lot from my great colleagues and great management.

There was a positive work and team environment.
Pros
Salary; Great colleagues, great hours, great management and environment
Cons
Difficult to get contract extensions/ renewals
updated TS & DS modules
Technician (Former Employee) –  Barrie28 June 2014
used CymeTCC/CymDist updated TS & DS Modules and learned cycle study
Highlights of Position
Customer Research Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2014
The Customer Research department is very organized to ensure maximum productivity. The team only consists of a Senior Researcher and a Quality Control Analyst. The daily tasks of this department are organized into a strict schedule which is updated daily. Majority of the customer surveys conducted are presented to the board of directors, where the results are used to assess the performance of managers in different groups. Due to the involvement of the board we are required to provide results, explanations and recommendations. The research quality control position requires a very high level of organization, attention to detail and the ability to identify trends and changes. My overall contribution has been exceptional as I have managed to keep track of and meet all the deadlines outlined in the schedule.
The main objective of this internship was to gain some hands on experience in the Mathematics and Statistics field. Furthermore, I looked to be proficient in data analysis, increase problem solving skills, to improve on presentational skills, increase attention to detail skills and demonstrate technical ability by learning and using new applications such as SPSS. During the three work terms here I was able to receive a great deal of experience as the position required constant data analysis. This in return helped me meet most of my learning objectives. For example, when I receive the data from the vendors I am in charge of checking if everything is consistent which helped in improving my attention to detail skills as well as my technical skills as I constantly used SPSS to
  more... check the data. I was also able to develop new skills during my internship at Hydro One. Throughout the year I experienced and learned many different types of corporate social interactions such as in-person, meetings, conference calls, emails, telephone and so on. This helped me learn how to interact in a business environment which I consider a vital part when working in a business professional environment.
My work term at Hydro One has been an extremely successful experience for me and has provided me with many of the necessary skills and abilities I need in order to be considered for many career opportunities. In the future I hope to have the opportunity to work for Hydro One again, as I found the environment to be extremely comfortable and pleasant where I am able to utilize my academic experience to deal with real world issues. In conclusion, being part of the co-op program and obtaining this job was the best thing for me as it helped me advance my career experience and aided me in determining what areas I still need improvement in.
Pros
Diverse and Friendly enviroment
Cons
Long Hours
Best Company.
Facilities Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON24 March 2014
Great internship for university students to gain experience related to their fields.