Hydro One Brampton Networks Inc. is a subsidiary of Hydro One Inc. with a history as a proven top performer in service delivery, efficiency, safety and system reliability. Hydro One Brampton delivers power to more than 145,000 residential and business customers in the City of Brampton.
A vacancy in our Survey & Inspections Department is to be filled in the classification of:
SENIOR SURVEY TECHNICIAN
This position is accountable to the Survey and Inspections Supervisor.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- The successful candidate will have a post-secondary education at the college or university level in Survey or Civil Technology and is OACETT certified as a C.E.T. (Certified Engineering Technician) in a Civil or Survey discipline.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of five (5) years experience in the electrical or civil utility survey and locate disciplines. Applicants must have a clear understanding of all legal matters related to easement acquisition and registration.
- Applicants must have strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work independently with a minimum amount of supervision.
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License, in good standing.
- Must have thorough knowledge of the Ontario Health & Safety Act and Regulations that pertain to construction sites.
The successful candidate will be expected to become proficient in all duties normally undertaken by the Survey Department, including the following duties;
- Responsible for the administration of work orders issued to the Survey & Inspections Department for all civil construction including layout work.
- Responsible for the administration of as-constructed drawings for all work orders issued to the Survey & Inspections Department.
- Responsible for interpreting civil engineering drawings, (profile, grading and cross section drawings) including soil investigation reports and make necessary recommendations regarding new electrical installations.
- Responsible for Land Registry & Teranet searches.
- Coordinate and maintain easement files with Supervisor and Drafting Clerk
- Administer and process Joint Use attachment permits.
- Process legal reference plan requests and coordinate draft plans with Legal Surveyor.
- The Senior Survey Technician will provide back-up in the absence of the Supervisor including monitoring of the activities of the Survey and Inspection staff, the Field Services Coordinator, and the Contract Locators.
WHY HYDRO ONE BRAMPTON?
Every day our employees provide safe, reliable electricity that thousands of lives depend on. We are dedicated to developing a highly skilled and motivated workforce that is committed to our values, goals and achievements. At Hydro One Brampton you will find a fulfilling and challenging career with a comprehensive compensation package that includes:
- Competitive base salary
- Medical and dental benefits
- Defined benefit pension plan
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume in confidence, by Friday, June 13, 2014, to Human Resources, HYDRO ONE BRAMPTON NETWORKS INC., 175 Sandalwood Parkway West, Brampton, Ontario, L7A 1E8, Fax: (905) 452-5543
Hydro One Brampton Networks Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.