Hyatt

Hyatt Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent hotel to work at.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Internship) (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 7, 2014
Although this hotel has changed names and owners, it is still a great place to work and grow your career.
GreatCompany to Work For
Restaurant Server (Current Employee), Savannah, GAMay 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch free rooms opportunity to advance and travel
Cons: underlying issues that aren't always addressed per situation
Hyatt cares about their employees and offers great benefits. My schedule is flexible and Ienjoy serving and working around people and experiencing different events. They are attentive to your needs and offer many other great perks.
Job review
Customer Services (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 5, 2014
Customer Service at a great company with great management. Parking is difficult in downtown.
Provided outside activties for associates once a year. This was seen as a bust to associates.
Executive Steward (Former Employee), Fort worth, TexasMay 2, 2014
Worked wit associates to get the hotel and guests taken care of. That doing your job gets recognition from both associates and collegues. Doing your job with associates who did not take things seriously was always disturbing.Being recognized for all the hard work was always very gratifying.
Internship
Industrial Trainee (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHMay 1, 2014
working in different departments with team members evolving with new ideas
Hyatt House a Toxic work environment
Peon Doormat (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova CaApril 30, 2014
Pros: friendly, highly skilled fellow employee's, who do their best despite managements strange counterproductive obstacles.
Cons: toxic leadership of general manager.
Top Management has, shamelessly lied to several, if not all the employee's. Contradictory statements that can change on a daily basis, plus unrealistic work goals. Hiring under false impressions. hours/days routinely cut. constant uncertainty of work schedule. High employee turn over rate. More senior personal, set up for failure. While new employee's – more... become favorites.

A Evil work environment and an embarrassment to the Hyatt brand – less
Working hard and reaching goals.
LINE COOK (Current Employee), New OrleansApril 29, 2014
A typical day at work for me is to come in set up my station. See what the am/pm shift lift and start on the chefs instructions of what to cook today. I have an outstanding managment team. My co-workers are just like my family we love to give easch other inputs. The hardest part of my job is that I dont get enough of cooking, The most enjoyable part – more... of my job is seeing people smiles after eatting my food. – less
Workplace diversity
Wardrobe Attendant (Current Employee), Incline Village, NVApril 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches, healthcare
Cons: management can be improved
You learned a lot about hospitality since they manage restaurants, events, and casino besides the hotel.

Working with people from culturally diverse backgrounds is one of the most enjoyable part of the job.
Friendly Enviroment
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APApril 29, 2014
I go in with one or more goals everyday based on priority. Then, at the end of the day, I realize that I have not accomplished a single thing that I had planned. Instead, putting out fires/dealing with phone calls & e-mails/solving other people's problems/helping other people meet their goals for the day/meetings take up the whole freaking day! I should – more... work at night. Wait, I already do that (weekends too many times). Those are the times that I can actually get my stuff done.
Managing Work Smoothly
Management is Excellent
Co-Workers are Co-Operative
I can live for a month without work
Team Work – less
I enjoy the people I work with
Banquet Server (Current Employee), savannah, gaApril 29, 2014
I really enjoy the people I work with. It's busy most of the time. Guest are great and fun to talk too! I really like interacting with other people because they come from all over.
Creative and Fast Paced work environment
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXApril 27, 2014
Spot checking of guest and public areas to ensure standards are maintained
Supervise and ensure completion of all duties of Front Office staff.
Ensure proper supply levels are maintained and ordered in a timely manner.
Provide daily hands on leadership and guidance to all staff.
Promote teamwork
Ensure strong communications between all departments.
Notify – more... maintenance of any deficiencies found in any areas and ensure they are
addressed. – less
decent job great people
HOSPITALITY SPECIALIST/DOCK ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 26, 2014
Pros: lunches benefits
Cons: pay and room for growth
management needs work more footwork and hands on experience
Great staff
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 24, 2014
Pros: management cared as much about the employee as the guests.
Cons: during busy season, not enough staff.
I enjoyed my time at the Hyatt Regency. I was one of the few people who worked in multiple departments. Not only did I work in Housekeeping, I also worked in Laundry, Banquets, and Coat Check. If a department was short handed, I helped out. I assisted management when needed, other housekeepers, inspections of rooms, inventory, stocked supplies and chemicals, – more... reported maintenance issues to the maintenance department, and also cleaned owners suite. What ever needed to be done, I was there to help get it done. I would say getting a "Thank you" from the guest for a great stay and experience was the most enjoyable part of my job. – less
Engaging Work Environment
PROGRAM COORDINATOR, (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZApril 22, 2014
Responsible for providing stimulating activities for 24 Alzheimer's Resident's on a daily basis. In addition I was
responsible for creating monthly activity calendar, planning social events, and keeping track of the monthly budget. In addition
I was used as a Nursing assistant, which included transferring, feeding and assisting in all aspects of care. – more... In this position I had
to be extremely creative and flexible in my schedule. – less
Great Work Place
Gallery Host (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 18, 2014
Job is Great!
Great place to meet new people everyday
Prepare and Serve Breakfast was Great.
Really enjoyed learning the Hotel Business
people working there are really nice
producative good work place
Chef De Partie (Former Employee), New Delhi, DLApril 18, 2014
started my career hear...............its my basic learning place
Fun and Interesting People
GALLERY HOST (Former Employee), Norcross, GAApril 18, 2014
Pros: meeting different people
Working at the Hyatt was my best experience in life. Meeting all types of people. Learning how to communicate very well. It matured me a lot.
Un ambiente con mucho trabajo,pero en dias determinados no diario
Mozo (Former Employee), Mendoza, MApril 17, 2014
Armar las mesas de banquetes, encargarse del servicio, limpiar los salones y dejar armado los salones para el día siguiente. Aprendia trabajar en equipo y a tener buen trato con la gente. La parte más difícil era que al no ser un trabajo diario no me llamaban muy seguido y lo que más me gusto es que aprendí a tratar más con la gente.
Reservation Specialist
Front Desk Secretary/ Reservation Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 17, 2014
Pros: great team/ union associated
Cons: not enough hours
Scheduling reservations, setting up group account reservations. Accounting audits each night. Employee daily schedules. Ensuring the greatest guest experience.
A great learning curb.
Line Cook (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 16, 2014
Pros: it was a steady work.
Cons: long hours
Great environment and great team. Learned a lot and growing into management skill was a bonus. The hardest part of the job is not getting to grow in the company because of unfortunate reasons due of lack professionalism on the new management. I enjoyed all my team and everyone i dealt with.

About Hyatt

Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a proud heritage of making guests – Read more