Hyatt Employee Reviews

Overall
Hotel Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2014
The Hyatt opens doors for their employees and provides a fun, educational and bright work place.
great business model and career growth
General Maintenance II (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2014
great place to learn and with it being a 5 diamond property the training was very helpful in learning for the hospitality business.
Great
Banquet Chef (Former Employee) –  Calgary23 May 2014
Great company to work with.
Great exposure.
Great Benefits.
Great advancement opportunity.
A great learning curb.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 April 2014
Great environment and great team. Learned a lot and growing into management skill was a bonus. The hardest part of the job is not getting to grow in the company because of unfortunate reasons due of lack professionalism on the new management. I enjoyed all my team and everyone i dealt with.
Pros
It was a steady work.
Cons
Flexible workplace with learning opportunities
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2014
-Taking charge of all the maintenance and operations of the shift

- Ensure safety and smooth operation of all electro-mechanical systems

- Managers are very co-operative and responsible
Grand Hyatt is a fun because of multi-cultural co workers, and the training they provide
Chef De Partie (Former Employee) –  United Arab Emirates16 January 2014
Grand Hyatt is a busy Hotel with more than 500 rooms and more than 100 villas, 14 restaurant and a room service.It's all day work most of the time especially on peak season. Management are well focus and schedules training for development more often.Co-workers cooperates well and work as a team. The hardest part of the job is when you have to adopt and respect Muslim culture, where-in you need to have a separate cookwares for Muslim and non Muslim and even Hindus. The most enjoyable part of job is when busy time,is also a fun time as you need to interact with the guest especially if there is big event like October fest,GM's conference and the likes.
Pros
daily free meal breakfast, lunch and dinner
Cons
maximul 12 hours work when it's busy
nice
Internship (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 December 2013
nice people, very good attitude. I do not know about salary as i have been there onb my unpaid internship
delicious food
waitress (Former Employee) –  Dunnville, ON20 November 2013
working 8 hours a week isn't enough to pay bills, loved the people I worked with and work was always fun but I would have this as a side job
Pros
good food
Cons
not enough hours
Customer Service
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 October 2013
A typical day at work is, I log onto my computer station, then get my cash float. I begin the morning check list. Checking the arrivals and departures for the day. I check the occupancy and begin taking the prepayments. I will block the airlines, and start the vip arrivals. Everyday is a new different day at the hotel. I love working with all my co-workers and my managers. Sometimes it can be a bit demanding when there's a sold out day, and we have early arrivals. But there is always support to help the staff and customers.
Pros
Comp hotel nights
Cons
I work on holidays, sometimes
Working at a place that makes different types of amazing sweets
Baker (Co-op Student) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2013
A typical day at work would be to come into work and be ready to be told what to do. A co-worker would give me something to do on the list, if its gathering ingredients or actually making the product, I will start on it.

I have learn a lot about baking and when I make mistakes, I learn why the product turn out to not be what I have expected. I have learn what it is like to work in a Kosher Kitchen. It is very important to wash any kinds of fruits and to check eggs for blood and that no dairy is involved. I also have learned how to make a ton of things.

Management is great at Park Hyatt. Everyone makes a list of what needs to be done for events or banquet orders, meets up for meeting to see if there are any changes to be made before the event and makes the product just in time for the event.

Most enjoyable part of the job is when I get to make small treats like cake pops, creme brulee, macaroons, mini lemon meringue pies, little beautiful pastries that I can create with my hands, especially cinnamon apple rose tarts which is very time consuming when producting alot but I enjoy making each and every one of the tarts with a perfect apple rose.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
When making something really time consuming

Want to know more about Hyatt?

Ask a question
Had a good experience and learned alot
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 July 2013
Underpaid and over worked. Management was not keeping up with Salaries in other field and lost a lot of employees as a result.
Pros
Discount on cars and service
Amazing Hotel
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 July 2013
Good Hotel

Typical day is alot of guest at the hotel and a lot of beds to clean. Such a beautiful hotel.
Pros
Good Staff
Cons
Lon
Fun place to work
Service Writer (Current Employee) –  Calgary Alberta24 June 2013
I have learnt alot regarding high end product and met many very interesting clients-who have encouraged me greatly to follow my dreams to find a career where my hard work determination and education is appreciated and valued.

I have found the hardest part of the job to be the hours which a general day is 13 hours

I find that I have learnt what I would like to find In an employer going forward and I need and thrive on being in a place where I am challenged daily but would want to be rewarded for all the hard work
Cons
No advancment with 11 years experience
It is a nice place to work with
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 June 2013
Learn a lot of experience for sales skills,
meet a lot and communicate with difference people,
co-workers friendly and hardest part is find the way to close the deal.
jour aprer jour
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 February 2013
hyatt regency hotel est un endroi ou toutes employer adore se quil fai . lencadrement lorganisation et bien dotre qualiter denvironement sont remarcable pour une hotel de 4.5 etoile elle ma donner le gout et la motivation de continuer dans le domaine de lhotellerie pour encore plusieur annees .
Pros
la gerance
Cons
la cafeteria
A diversified, learning, dynamic environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2013
Attend sales meetings. Explain probucts and features to customers. Constant learning of modern technology in vehicles. Supportive General Manager. Receive complementary comments from satisfied customers. Moving, driving variety of new vehicles.
Pros
ability to create own business
Cons
unstable income
Fun work Environment
Guest Service Supervisor/Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2013
Great staff room with meals included. The most enjoyable part of the day was coming to work. Very involved management.
Le Meridien hotels creates experiences of the highest level
Director of National Sales Canada (Former Employee) –  Toronto Ontario3 January 2013
Working for Le Meridien Hotels and resorts was an absolute pleasure. The various hotels newly built or acquired were fitted perfectly into the individual city's culture promoting high end luxury and some of the best service and individual management skills I have ever witnessed. Meridien looked after its employees which showed in high service levels
Pros
wonderful worldwide destinations
fun work place
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 December 2012
well a typical work day starts at 8 and can go from changing oil to mounting and balancing tires, cleaning the shop, i'm always learning new stuff every day from the technicians. the hardest part of my job is when it gets slow and trying to find stuff to do. the best part of the day is when its busy and there's no waiting for work.
Pros
discount on car parts, good people to work with.
Cons
gets slow so not many hours.
Great company
Banquets server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 November 2012
Hyatt is a worldwide company that provide their associates with the best
Pros
worldwide
Cons
hours not flexible

CEO Approval