Hyatt

Hyatt Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Place to work with great benifits
Cook 4 (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 30, 2014
Four star high volume downtown hotel. High profile guests and huge events make this hotel a monster when it comes to banquet functions.
Front Desk Agent
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Chester, VAJuly 30, 2014
• Greeted guests upon arrival and provided information regarding hotel availability, room types and rates
• Anticipated guests’ needs, and resolved challenges to ensure customer satisfaction
• Assisted hotel manager with various tasks including the preparation of essential reports
great business model and career growth
General Maintenance II (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 30, 2014
great place to learn and with it being a 5 diamond property the training was very helpful in learning for the hospitality business.
Company with its stuff together
Culinary Team Line Cook (Former Employee), KSJuly 28, 2014
The Hyatt was very efficient. Great place to work. A place where people say hi and wave in the hallway. Only reason I don't work there anymore is because they were replaced by the Sheraton.
Toxic Environment
Manager (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 27, 2014
Cons: toxic environment
Between arrogant (Mr. know it all GM), corrupted Director of HR, and dishonest controller, the property is basically under siege and not a single person from the corporate office is aware of how corrupted and toxic the whole place is. And no one in the property is able to confront the huge wave of corruption. Inequality is the least problem you could – more... face when you work for Hyatt Arlington. The moment you object the corruption in the property, everyone will turn against you and it would be your word against the GM, controller, and HR, so you can imagine what would happen to anyone try to come clean or be a whistle blower. – less
Fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 27, 2014
Pros: working with cool peeps
Cons: nasty rooms
I loved everything about working at the Hyatt Place. the other housekeepers are very helpful, we became one big family. the hardest part of the job depends on the amount of rooms you have and how many of the rooms are doubles.
coworker and management are good. Learn how to deal with vendor and customer.
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Jeddah, KSAJuly 27, 2014
Hyatt Regency is world wide known chain of hotels.
I liked working the Hyatt
Excellent place to work for
Director of Communications (Former Employee), Crystal City, VAJuly 26, 2014
Great relation with co-workers, excellent benefits.
The hard part of the job if you are in management level is the long hours.
Always changing never boring work environment
General Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 25, 2014
Pros: free rooms
Cons: all work and no play
Hyatt was a great company to work for and learn from. The hardest part of the job was the 24/7 aspect of the General Manager position. I learned many different facets of the hotel industry. I worked with Timesaver On Demand, People Soft, and two different Property Management Systems while working at the Hyatt Place.
Hyatt Regency Dallas; great place to work if you're interested in pursuing a career in Hospitality
Front Office Agent (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2014
Pros: flexible and provides free lunches, great benefits, and other opportunities
Cons: sometimes long hours, pay grade should be higher, cosidering what the front desk staff encounters and endures on a daily basis, great for a college student or intern, with no family of their own.
A typical day at the Hyatt Regency Front Desk consists of multiple Arrivals/Departures on a daily basis, however, there are days when the number of arrivals/departures aren't so high. Our Front Office team handles cash daily, we're also the first and last impression of a guests' stay; which are both positive and negative depending on the experience – more... the guest encountered.
What I've learned in my two years of working the front desk, so far, was the use of the Opera System for the Check-In and Check-Out Process, canceling reservations, adding on reservations, billing, billing adjustments, and the posting of payments. The Reserve System is used to book reservations, cancel reservations, add additional guests to a reservation, checking rates, and even uploading a profile of a previous or frequent guest. I've also learned how to always maintain professionalism in any situation, including complaints from guests about our property.
My experience with has been unlike any other; I'm closer than I've ever been with our managers, even when they're not always able to accommodate our requests. My co-workers and I are also close, they've made me feel like I belong in their presence. Though we may not always socialize outside of work, we still care for and respect one another because we dedicate so much of our time in workplace.
The hardest part of the job, in my opinion, is when our property is sold out and we have to turn people away to other hotels, however we do provide taxi vouchers to other locations, and re-book the guest for another set of nights including multiple accommodations for their inconvenience.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be my co-workers; whom I love to converse while there's downtime. It's extremely refreshing and entertaining to learn of your colleagues and their personalities, hobbies, personal opinions and etc. – less
It was fun when we had special guest.
Gallery Host (Former Employee), Roseville, CaJuly 24, 2014
Pros: health care, great co workers. great managers
Cons: not enough hours a week.
Gallery Host, Served buffet breakfast anywhere from 60- to 180 people really busy on weekends with sporting teams. Answer phones,booked rooms for guest,checking guests in and out
cooking,cleaning,also assist with clean the rooms.
management was good.
like all my co-workers
hardest part of job was on weekend nights trying to get the kids from the sporting – more... teams not to completely take over hotel.
I loved all the guest I was able to meet during my employment at the Hyatt. – less
Good Place to Work
Night Auditor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 23, 2014
This is a good place to work. The wages are competitive as well as the benefits provided.
Great Associates
Stewarding Supervisor/F&B Supervisor (Former Employee), Garden Grove, CAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches, free parking
Cons: lack of material
Hyatt Corporation is a great company to work for! As a supervisor, as soon as you walk in, theirs always something new. 90% of the time your always on your feet from the beginning of the day till the end of your shift. I had the opportunity to learn many areas of the F&B division and it was great to have learned so much. Management is really encouraging – more... and supportive. The best part of my job was putting smiles on kids and adults faces and make them feel welcome. – less
Not a good company
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2014
Horrible company to work for. Management treated employees very poorly. Would not recommend anyone to work for Hyatt.
good palce to work
housekeeping associate (Current Employee), Pune, MHJuly 22, 2014
supportive co workers and managers and fun during work overall Hyatt puneis good place to work.
Interesting
Gallery Host (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: employee discount on rooms
Cons: fairness
Handling all guest complaints right then and there to make sure they leave happy and have a positive experience with their visit.My most enjoyable part of the job is seeing repeat guests and those with a welcoming smile and cheerful attitude when returning from a hard days work.
good place for apprentice work ethic
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee), Mérida, YUCJuly 21, 2014
Pros: exellent training
Cons: poor salary
all day up and down sharing information and coordinates different deparments, give the best service with a genuin smile. the hardest part of the job work with some one dosent give the same importan to the requirements or follow ups of the guest
Motivating working environment, productive and fun.
Food & Beverage associate (Former Employee), New Delhi, DLJuly 19, 2014
Pros: nice place to work
Cons: nothing
Lots of things to learn at Hyatt, great management, friendly co workers, hardest time when my co workes leaving company, most enjoyable part of this company is your opinion is valued by management.
trabalho em geral
housekeeping assist. manager (Former Employee), Cambridge, ENGJuly 19, 2014
Pros: refeição no hotel
Cons: assistencia medica e dental
gosto de trabalhar junto com as camareiras para dar mais rapido os quartos para venda
aprendi muito a valorizar e adicionar mais experiencia junto com os emplegados
sou gerente de um hotel em Boston-USA e pretend trabalhar no Rio durante 2 meses
gosto e respeito todos os meu colegas de trabalho tenho otima comunicacao e trabalho e ajudo como um time
a – more... parte mais dificil do meu trabalho e tempo para ficar sentada em uma mesa gosto de estar sempre ocupada
e quando o dia termina e tudo esta resolvido e feito. E quando tenho um bom feedback dos guests – less
Worked at Hotel and Resort, busy but fun place to work
Executive Assistant, Food & Beverage Manager (Former Employee), DFW Airport, TXJuly 19, 2014
Pros: meeting people, fun, relaxed atmosphere, casual attire
Cons: meeting deadlines, fast pace
A typical day began with my opening the alcohol locker at 6:30AM and loading carts for 2 18-hole golf courses, After carts were loaded and locker secured, checked with 19th Hole (clubhouse cafe) to make sure it was stocked for day. Then began the daily duties of ordering, hiring, training, AP, AR, etc. At 10PM secured alcohol locker and went home. During – more... a few winter months, days began at 10AM and ended at 4PM, making up for long summer days. I leaned how to schedule employees, how to handling catering for golf tournaments, how to order F&B and alcohol based on usage and upcoming events. The management I had was good, and most of the time, I was left to manage without supervision. I worked well with all my co-workers. Scheduling was the most difficult thing for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers. – less

About Hyatt

Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a proud heritage of making guests – Read more