Hyatt

Hyatt Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great and friendly work enviroment
Server (Current Employee), Cedar Creek, TXMay 22, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: inconsistent hours
Upon starting employment at this establishment it can be very stressful. There is no transition in pace as you work, once you start there is no crawling then walking then running transtion in pace. You high the ground in an all out sprint. Now this is entirely attributed to the work field, guests can be very high demanding of anything and everything – more... throughout their stay. Which develops a very high strung and often stressful work enviroment if not a skilled individual in this field. But once you have shaken the rust off work can be fun and very competitve among fellow emloyees. During my employment we would always be competing to see who could have the highest rated customer service scores or who could make the most money etc. So once time has been taken to get comfortable in this field it can definantly become a breeze. – less
Knowledge
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Lisle,ILMay 19, 2014
Pros: getting to taste the "special" meal of the evening so we knew what we were pushing
Coming to work and never knowing what to expect. I got to work in the early afternoon and stared cleaning and organizing the bar area and kitchen area where we worked. I learned that you can't please everyone but you try your hardest to. Always be sharp and on top of things. The management was superb and we had the best team when it came to work. Everyone – more... helped when it became busy in the restaurant or hotel. My co-workers were the hardest working people I have ever worked with and if I needed anything from them, they always went out of there way to help me, as I would for them. The hardest part of my job was making sure that when the Health Dept. came in, we scored 100. I was good at this. And the most enjoyable part of my job was meeting all those people from all parts of the world and listening to what they had to say and always asking how their stay was at the hotel. I tried to help in anyway possible to make them want to come back to the hotel and to see me! – less
N/a
Accounting/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 15, 2014
Poorly run hotel, education not rewarded. Promises broken.
Hyatt was a great chance for me and it help me learn a new are in the work force.
Culinary Trainee/Food Preparation Worker (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 14, 2014
Pros: free lunch, made friend, learn more ways of cooking
Hyatt is a great chance and a great place to work. I learn so much stuff there that I thought I knew. The people there are great and everyone get along with each other. As soon as I came into work they was straight forward and got to business, but we did have fun at the same time.
Great salary with little work life balance
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF REVENUE/ OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 14, 2014
Great salary with poor work life balance. The executive committee is great.
Job Function
FRONT DESK LEAD (Former Employee), Germantown, TNMay 14, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: not knowing your work hours
You have multiple job functions but it will all fall into place. Management is great
Great co workers, not so much on management
Gallery Host (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 9, 2014
Pros: not many
Cons: more than i can name, too little pay for the work load they require you to take on
Overall, guests rule this location. Never staffed enough during busy season. Dance competitions overwhelm during season being that this location is right next door to the Lakeland Center, where most of the events during the busy season take place. Maintenance does the best that they can to keep up with requests and necessary repairs, but are so constantly – more... busy with hotel issues that it has trouble keeping guests happy. Don't even think about trying to get assistance with anything from management, you will either get brushed off or fired. Managers target employees to fire if they decide that they don't like you after hiring. Saw this happen 4 times before it happened to me just shy of my 90 days. I got great marks up until I was just due to hit my 90 days and then all of the sudden I have complaints??? – less
Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill
Reception Team Leader (promotion) (Former Employee), London, ENGMay 8, 2014
One of the finest 5 star hotels in London, Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill enjoys a prime location in Central London's West End, close to exclusive shopping and the City. Its positioning in the Marylebone area, adjacent to Park Lane, ensures that it is one of the best situated luxury hotels in London from which to explore Hyde Park, Marble Arch – more... and Buckingham Palace, some of London’s most celebrated landmarks. Just minutes away from the exclusive shopping areas of Oxford Street, Soho or Bond Street, Paddington Station is also in easy distance of the hotel, where a fast train service takes a mere 15 minutes from Heathrow Airport.

The hotel's 434 rooms and suites enjoy views over the leafy Portman Square gardens, the interior courtyard or London's charming streets. Guests of the Regency Club Floor can make the most of our 5 star hotel in London with access to your private concierge, use of the boardroom and access to our family and business Regency Club Lounges.

For those guests seeking the best afternoon tea in London, Hyatt Regency London – The Churchill achieved the highly acclaimed Tea Guild Award of Excellence for 2012, making it one of the most acclaimed luxury hotels in London for three consecutive years. The Montagu is the ideal venue for afternoon tea offering a selection of traditionally British, thinly sliced finger sandwiches, warm fruit and plain scones and pretty pastries. In addition, The Montagu has been acknowledged with two rosettes by the well-recognised AA restaurant guide. Building on our reputation as one of the best luxury hotels in London, we also host the much acclaimed Michelin Star restaurant Locanda Locatelli featuring true Italian cuisine and an exclusive wine list.

As one of the most popular West End hotels amongst the business community, Hyatt Regency London – The Churchill owes its reputation in the event industry to our upscale meeting rooms, great value meeting packages and personalised catering services. The hotel is also an excellent venue for weddings, social and other events, offering the high standards of service and facilities that you would expect of a 5 star hotel in London. – less
Excellent hotel to work at.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Internship) (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 7, 2014
Although this hotel has changed names and owners, it is still a great place to work and grow your career.
GreatCompany to Work For
Restaurant Server (Current Employee), Savannah, GAMay 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch free rooms opportunity to advance and travel
Cons: underlying issues that aren't always addressed per situation
Hyatt cares about their employees and offers great benefits. My schedule is flexible and Ienjoy serving and working around people and experiencing different events. They are attentive to your needs and offer many other great perks.
Job review
Customer Services (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 5, 2014
Customer Service at a great company with great management. Parking is difficult in downtown.
Provided outside activties for associates once a year. This was seen as a bust to associates.
Executive Steward (Former Employee), Fort worth, TexasMay 2, 2014
Worked wit associates to get the hotel and guests taken care of. That doing your job gets recognition from both associates and collegues. Doing your job with associates who did not take things seriously was always disturbing.Being recognized for all the hard work was always very gratifying.
Internship
Industrial Trainee (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHMay 1, 2014
working in different departments with team members evolving with new ideas
Hyatt House a Toxic work environment
Peon Doormat (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova CaApril 30, 2014
Pros: friendly, highly skilled fellow employee's, who do their best despite managements strange counterproductive obstacles.
Cons: toxic leadership of general manager.
Top Management has, shamelessly lied to several, if not all the employee's. Contradictory statements that can change on a daily basis, plus unrealistic work goals. Hiring under false impressions. hours/days routinely cut. constant uncertainty of work schedule. High employee turn over rate. More senior personal, set up for failure. While new employee's – more... become favorites.

A Evil work environment and an embarrassment to the Hyatt brand – less
Working hard and reaching goals.
LINE COOK (Current Employee), New OrleansApril 29, 2014
A typical day at work for me is to come in set up my station. See what the am/pm shift lift and start on the chefs instructions of what to cook today. I have an outstanding managment team. My co-workers are just like my family we love to give easch other inputs. The hardest part of my job is that I dont get enough of cooking, The most enjoyable part – more... of my job is seeing people smiles after eatting my food. – less
Workplace diversity
Wardrobe Attendant (Current Employee), Incline Village, NVApril 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches, healthcare
Cons: management can be improved
You learned a lot about hospitality since they manage restaurants, events, and casino besides the hotel.

Working with people from culturally diverse backgrounds is one of the most enjoyable part of the job.
Friendly Enviroment
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APApril 29, 2014
I go in with one or more goals everyday based on priority. Then, at the end of the day, I realize that I have not accomplished a single thing that I had planned. Instead, putting out fires/dealing with phone calls & e-mails/solving other people's problems/helping other people meet their goals for the day/meetings take up the whole freaking day! I should – more... work at night. Wait, I already do that (weekends too many times). Those are the times that I can actually get my stuff done.
Managing Work Smoothly
Management is Excellent
Co-Workers are Co-Operative
I can live for a month without work
Team Work – less
I enjoy the people I work with
Banquet Server (Current Employee), savannah, gaApril 29, 2014
I really enjoy the people I work with. It's busy most of the time. Guest are great and fun to talk too! I really like interacting with other people because they come from all over.
Creative and Fast Paced work environment
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXApril 27, 2014
Spot checking of guest and public areas to ensure standards are maintained
Supervise and ensure completion of all duties of Front Office staff.
Ensure proper supply levels are maintained and ordered in a timely manner.
Provide daily hands on leadership and guidance to all staff.
Promote teamwork
Ensure strong communications between all departments.
Notify – more... maintenance of any deficiencies found in any areas and ensure they are
addressed. – less
decent job great people
HOSPITALITY SPECIALIST/DOCK ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 26, 2014
Pros: lunches benefits
Cons: pay and room for growth
management needs work more footwork and hands on experience

About Hyatt

Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a proud heritage of making guests – Read more