Hyatt Employee Reviews

productivity and fun
Line coach (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 May 2016
one of the best place to work .excellent service and great staff .i as a cook learnt lot of things
thank you very much chef and all team
Hard but low-stress
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 April 2016
The job was very physical, had to do cleaning/dishwashing, lifting heavy objects etc...

The rhythm can be very fast at times so it can be a challenge, but it is not stressful. It was enjoyable, just like playing a sport.

There were also opportunities to work at banquets as a server, occasionally.
A great learning curb.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 April 2014
Great environment and great team. Learned a lot and growing into management skill was a bonus. The hardest part of the job is not getting to grow in the company because of unfortunate reasons due of lack professionalism on the new management. I enjoyed all my team and everyone i dealt with.
Pros
It was a steady work.
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 May 2016
I am very happy at this hotel as all of the staff are so courteous and helpful.
Exciting, highest expectations
Valet, Cashier & Bellman (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2012
Highest service standards are expected. Management was encouraging of career growth and your well being. Challenge - expectation of delivering 100% of the time. Clientele is composed of movie stars, professional athletes and other celebrities.
best work place
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  calgary ab25 April 2015
nice place to work easy to deal with the management and good benefits fair salary and free lunch and staff are friendly in all department.
Pros
free meal
Cons
8 hours
Friendly working environment
Bell Man (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 March 2016
When I am at work, my smiling face is on because of my co-workers and guests. As long as I assist guests, I am in the right track and don't know how my shift end up that fast. Smile !
Pros
free pay day meal and discount parking rate
Cons
less hours shifts
Great pay but soul sucking job
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 January 2015
I have worked in many hotels asa banquet server and even tough this was the second highest paying one I could not stay there for very long.

The pros:
*Amazing free food in the cafeteria
*Great benefits
*Free stays and discounted prices at other Hyatt properties around the world

The Cons:
*They follow everything by the book- For example: You get a certain amount of sick days for the year. I ended up using all of mine at once because I was in the hospital. I had unexpected surgery. I called in to work with sufficient notice and brought a letter. I was remediated on paper for going over my sick days. I had not called in sick the rest of the year.
Another example: All food and beverage needs to be in the rooms 15 minutes before the scheduled time on the contract. I was in the elevator putting cookies in a room when the elevator broke. I radioed the manager and told them they had to get someone else to bring cookies to the room because i was stuck in the service elevator. I was written up for not having cookies in the room on time even though when i radioed the manager it was still 25 minutes before the scheduled time.
*Everyone on the management team treats you like you are a number and you do not matter. They are taught to intentionally have that distinctive separation between server and manager.
*I have seen other staff disappear and go to the mall for 5 hours during a shift and the management team does not notice because they are in the office the entire time.
*No room for advancement. It was made clear that they like to hire from the outside and not promote
  more... from within.

Overall, I would not recommend this employer to anyone looking for a banquet job. I have literally worked for banquet positions that pay me half of what i was getting paid at the hyatt and i was happier.
Pros
Great pay, Free lunches
Cons
You are nothing to the company but a number
Excellent
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendeer Auto mall15 March 2016
I loved working with the staff here. Great atmosphere and cohesion between departments. The product has a great warranty and it was very easy to work with the manufacturer directly to help customers in a fair way.
Pros
Great product to represent
Cons
CSI system
Fun place to work
Service Writer (Current Employee) –  Calgary Alberta24 June 2013
I have learnt alot regarding high end product and met many very interesting clients-who have encouraged me greatly to follow my dreams to find a career where my hard work determination and education is appreciated and valued.

I have found the hardest part of the job to be the hours which a general day is 13 hours

I find that I have learnt what I would like to find In an employer going forward and I need and thrive on being in a place where I am challenged daily but would want to be rewarded for all the hard work
Cons
No advancment with 11 years experience
Steward -kitchen
Food and Beverage Steward (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2015
Great management with career advancement. Best co-workers with lifetime friendships.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch and dinner
Great
Banquet Chef (Former Employee) –  Calgary23 May 2014
Great company to work with.
Great exposure.
Great Benefits.
Great advancement opportunity.
Good work but hard hours
Room attendant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 September 2014
Though this job has an excellent starter pay, with benefits coming in after 3 months, its tough being a new employee here. I have so far gotten just graveyard shifts due to seniority. There are too many people working here for there to be enough hours during the day, or even after September. You will need a part time job on the side, even if they promise you "regular work".
Pros
snacks, cheap cafeteria, nice people
Cons
late hours, hard work
Beautiful property, great location
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 October 2012
Hyatt Regency Montreal is a beautiful property conveniently located in downtown Montreal. I have had the opportunity to move up professionally and have had the opportunity to learn from the different departments I worked in. There is a great ambiance and spirit and it's due to the employees at the company.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours, but that's usually the case in the hospitality industry
Productive and fun environments
General Maintenance Engineering Departement (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 June 2012
Typical day at work are preventive maintenance such as rooms, and machine; and also solve all guest complains for guest room, publics rooms, etc. I learned that team work and hospitality industry are most important and fun to learn.I enjoyed when I always meet guest while there is guest complained.
Pros
free lunches, dental benefit, and health benefit
Cons
lack of career development
Working at a place that makes different types of amazing sweets
Baker (Co-op Student) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2013
A typical day at work would be to come into work and be ready to be told what to do. A co-worker would give me something to do on the list, if its gathering ingredients or actually making the product, I will start on it.

I have learn a lot about baking and when I make mistakes, I learn why the product turn out to not be what I have expected. I have learn what it is like to work in a Kosher Kitchen. It is very important to wash any kinds of fruits and to check eggs for blood and that no dairy is involved. I also have learned how to make a ton of things.

Management is great at Park Hyatt. Everyone makes a list of what needs to be done for events or banquet orders, meets up for meeting to see if there are any changes to be made before the event and makes the product just in time for the event.

Most enjoyable part of the job is when I get to make small treats like cake pops, creme brulee, macaroons, mini lemon meringue pies, little beautiful pastries that I can create with my hands, especially cinnamon apple rose tarts which is very time consuming when producting alot but I enjoy making each and every one of the tarts with a perfect apple rose.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
When making something really time consuming
good situation customer service representative absolutly in high ranking ability
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 January 2015
Ability and performance works in duties has been proven. Increased knowledge of serving customers. Dealing with people work together as a team. Dealing co-workers as a team. Some are slow times working hours. Is to promote satisfaction of customers.
Pros
Good high salary obtain.
Cons
Making some false move give you hindrance of duty.
Review
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2012
it's good working in this company except they are not hiring full time workers right now. my co-workers are easy to get along with and the management is good. the hardest part of the job is not enough supplies sometimes the most enjoyable part of the job is having fun with my co-worker.
Pros
$1 food all day
Cons
not enouh work hours
Large hotel chain
HYATT REGENCY VIP CONCIERGE (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 July 2015
I enjoyed my time working for our special guests with a good team of coworkers and a fun environment with good benefits. I enjoyed my time at the Hyatt.
Excellent place with many employee benifits
Stewarding Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MD21 August 2012
Good Place fabulous location right beside a river choptank,amazing climate, many facilities for guest as well.
Pros
amazing people, amazing management.
Cons
its has good bussiness only in summers.

4.2