Hyatt Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Customer Service
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 15, 2013
Pros: comp hotel nights
Cons: i work on holidays, sometimes
A typical day at work is, I log onto my computer station, then get my cash float. I begin the morning check list. Checking the arrivals and departures for the day. I check the occupancy and begin taking the prepayments. I will block the airlines, and start the vip arrivals. Everyday is a new different day at the hotel. I love working with all my co-workers and my managers. Sometimes it can be a bit demanding when there's a sold out day, and we have early arrivals. But there is always support to help the staff and customers.
Working at a place that makes different types of amazing sweets
Baker (Co-op Student) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: when making something really time consuming
A typical day at work would be to come into work and be ready to be told what to do. A co-worker would give me something to do on the list, if its gathering ingredients or actually making the product, I will start on it.

I have learn a lot about baking and when I make mistakes, I learn why the product turn out to not be what I have expected. I have learn what it is like to work in a Kosher Kitchen. It is very important to wash any kinds of fruits and to check eggs for blood and that no dairy is involved. I also have learned how to make a ton of things.

Management is great at Park Hyatt. Everyone makes a list of what needs to be done for events or banquet orders, meets up for meeting to see if there are any changes to be made before the event and makes the product just in time for the event.

Most enjoyable part of the job is when I get to make small treats like cake pops, creme brulee, macaroons, mini lemon meringue pies, little beautiful pastries that I can create with my hands, especially cinnamon apple rose tarts which is very time consuming when producting alot but I enjoy making each and every one of the tarts with a perfect apple rose.
Amazing Hotel
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 5, 2013
Pros: good staff
Cons: lon
Good Hotel

Typical day is alot of guest at the hotel and a lot of beds to clean. Such a beautiful hotel.
jour aprer jour
Waiter (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: la gerance
Cons: la cafeteria
hyatt regency hotel est un endroi ou toutes employer adore se quil fai . lencadrement lorganisation et bien dotre qualiter denvironement sont remarcable pour une hotel de 4.5 etoile elle ma donner le gout et la motivation de continuer dans le domaine de lhotellerie pour encore plusieur annees .
Great company
Banquets server (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 27, 2012
Pros: worldwide
Cons: hours not flexible
Hyatt is a worldwide company that provide their associates with the best
Beautiful property, great location
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 24, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours, but that's usually the case in the hospitality industry
Hyatt Regency Montreal is a beautiful property conveniently located in downtown Montreal. I have had the opportunity to move up professionally and have had the opportunity to learn from the different departments I worked in. There is a great ambiance and spirit and it's due to the employees at the company.
Exciting, highest expectations
Valet, Cashier & Bellman (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 20, 2012
Highest service standards are expected. Management was encouraging of career growth and your well being. Challenge - expectation of delivering 100% of the time. Clientele is composed of movie stars, professional athletes and other celebrities.
Excellent place with many employee benifits
Stewarding Supervisor (Former Employee), Cambridge, MDAugust 21, 2012
Pros: amazing people, amazing management.
Cons: its has good bussiness only in summers.
Good Place fabulous location right beside a river choptank,amazing climate, many facilities for guest as well.
Productive and fun environments
General Maintenance Engineering Departement (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 20, 2012
Pros: free lunches, dental benefit, and health benefit
Cons: lack of career development
Typical day at work are preventive maintenance such as rooms, and machine; and also solve all guest complains for guest room, publics rooms, etc. I learned that team work and hospitality industry are most important and fun to learn.I enjoyed when I always meet guest while there is guest complained.
Great opportunity to show off my skills.
Executive Sous-Chef (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 4, 2012
A typical day at work was smooth and enjoyable and run by a great team.