Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Family
Event Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 15, 2014
Working for Hyatt is like working for a family. Worldwide opportunities and room for growth. If you want to move up, this is the place to start!
Great team work
room attendant (Former Employee), New Delhi, DLDecember 14, 2014
Pros: swimming and free wifi
Cons: long hours
Hyatt Regency Delhi, one of the finest five star hotels in Delhi is located in the city's central business district, 20 minutes’ drive from Indira Gandhi International airport and ten minutes from the Embassies,corporates and shopping hubs.
This preferred five star hotel offers special discounted rates and exclusive packages for both business and leisure – more... travellers.

Accommodation
The 507 rooms and suites at this hotel in Delhi are equipped with modern amenities and high-speed Internet access to support guests’ business needs, while all seven floors offer panoramic views of the city and landscaped gardens. The exclusive Regency Club floor provides additional privileges and facilities. The hotel recently launched Hyatt Regency Delhi Residence; an incomparable living experience for those who want the ultimate in elegance, peace and style.

Meetings and Events
Hyatt Regency Delhi has been a leading wedding venue in Delhi and is also a suitable location for corporate and social events.

Restaurants and Bars
This luxury hotel is a benchmark of excellence for fine dining and offers an exceptional range of award-winning restaurants and bars in Delhi.

Recreation
Within the hotel, guests can enjoy numerous facilities for leisure including an outdoor swimming pool, salon services, Club Olympus Spa & Fitness facilities, or they can experience the best in shopping at the hotel’s multi-level retail complex.

Activities
Several iconic local attractions can be found within close distance of this five star hotel in Delhi including India Gate, Qutab Minar, Humanyus Tomb and the Lotus Temple. For sports-related visits, there is the Siri Fort Sports Complex, The Qutab Golf Course and Jaipur Polo Grounds; for shopping, Dilli Haat, Khan Market, Hauz Khas Village and the luxurious DLF Emporio are a ten minute taxi ride away.

Stay Social Stay Connected
Stay social and connected with Hyatt Regency Delhi. Join us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ to receive the latest hotel news and special offers, extended exclusively to our social media fans. – less
Front Desk
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Rogers, ARDecember 14, 2014
Pros: worked alone, was alwasy busy, customer sevices
Cons: no maangement see
This was a place that made you feel rich. I learned a lot of front desk duties and what it takes to work at a hotel. Management was never really seen, so I cant tell you any thing. I worked alone behind the desk.
Learned a lot
Gallery Host (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 11, 2014
Pros: learned a lot of different roles
Cons: no growth/advancement
I learned how to be a jack of all trades, but a master of none at this job. I was Front Desk, but I also worked in housekeeping, kitchen, putting away stock, etc. I was always able to lend a helping hand when asked, and even when I wasn't asked.
High paced, high energy workplace
Catering Sales Manager (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 6, 2014
I loved my job there, my coworkers and the clients that I worked with. Hyatt makes an effort to show their employees that they are an integral part of the company.
Great company
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Richardson, TXDecember 3, 2014
Great bosses, caring company with many opportunities. Co-workers are fun people generally. The hardest part about the job is dealing with irate customers, but every line of work has those and you just have to adjust to it. Meeting new people everyday is the enjoyable part of this job.
Fun workplace that provides authentic hospitality.
McCoys Bar and Grill- Server / Bartender (Current Employee), Orlando, FloridaDecember 2, 2014
My day at work usually starts with a pre-shift where a manager goes over the outlook for the day, what type of business we are expecting, any specific groups we have in house, and specials for the day. I then go about my work shift in a fun environment with a great staff devoted to providing incredible service to our guests, who are also willing to – more... lend a hand to those in need. Management does a great job of keeping employees motivated and they are always present to help on the restaurant floor when they are needed. This is a very busy hotel so it can get quite hectic sometimes, but that's where the fun is in this industry and believe me at the end of the day the hard work is rewarded! – less
productivity and fun place to work
waiter (Former Employee), Madgaon, GADecember 1, 2014
Pros: free food on duty hours
Cons: long working hours
Learned how to make good relation with Guest, staff were very good to work with, All colleagues were very supportive and helping hand at work, Had an great experience working in Hyatt
It was alright
banquet cook (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 1, 2014
Pros: great learning experince
Cons: not much training or team work in general.
I only worked there for a month and it was only part time. I was always out of place and never really shown what needed to be done unless the chef has time to show me. sous chef and supervisor made me feel ill ant ease.
swanky, classy, SNOOTY
cocktail server (Former Employee), New Orleans, LANovember 29, 2014
The Hyatt brand is wonderful...but this property is too snooty. Theyre string for classy but instead showing snootiness and coldness
Great potential...
HOSPITALITY SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYNovember 28, 2014
Pros: free employee cafe, gym use.
Cons: no free parking, terrible work schedule.
I worked for one specific Hyatt hotel, in Buffalo, NY.

The place was in my opinion, a yard sale of chaos.

I was there for about 3 years. Worked in 5 different positions, ranging from Valet Attendant, to Banquet Manager.

The training is sub par, if at all.

The staffing is worse.

The management team that lead my particular hotel was riddled with – more... aged ideas and disconnection with the line employees.

But, there were certainly bright spots. There were indeed managers and employees who made it worth coming to work.

The co-workers I had in Buffalo became some of my closest friends as well.

The work/life balance was terrible. There was so little structure and management was so varied, that vacation time and promises were often neglected. Scheduling was never confirmed until ~3 days before the work week began.

This being a hotel, it never closes, one should expect these things, but a little help from management to control the little things would have done wonders to encourage their workforce. – less
good work place
Banquette Attendant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 25, 2014
positive environment to work with
nice people very professional
excellent management
there is no hard part of the job cause i enjoy it
enjoyable part was receiving your pay check and giving satisfaction to all the customers..
Most enjoyable part of the job
Restaurant Server (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 25, 2014
Most enjoyable part of the job is I was able to train in different department to get more knowledge about the hospitality business.
Good work atmosphere
Security Officer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 25, 2014
Good work atmosphere. Good management. Good people working toward a common goal of excellent guest service.
Interesting place to work
Security Officer - Secure Hyatt (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 24, 2014
Pros: meals are free, reduced or free rooms
Cons: only 1 break per shift, no room for advancement in certian depts
Innteresting place to work. Met many distungished guest and artist. View to Capitol Hill is great; not far from many attractions.
Super
Guest Relations (Former Employee), Egypte, SharmNovember 22, 2014
Pros: te veel
Cons: geheim
Mooie tijd gehad, overal waar ik gewerkt heb ik het naar mijn zin gehad. zo ook in dit hotel. Werksfeer creër je zelf!
could be more productive and enjoyable
Engineering Maintenance (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 21, 2014
Pros: some employees ejoyable people
Cons: too much back biting
Could be an enjoyable place to work, except for too much attention to the business of others and starting rumors. Drug use is prominent were as if there was a drug test, many would fail including some in management!!
Great people to work around
Cook 2 (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches good discounts of rooms
Cons: long hours
Great place to work if you don't have a family hours can be long and stressful but over all its a good place if to work with great people good place to start your cooking career you can learn a lot from the other kitchen staff
2 years working in park hyatt hotels abudhabi as a kitchen senior steward personable and flexible; work extreamly well with co-workers
senior kitchen steward (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZNovember 20, 2014
hard working, professional, trusted and a team player i learnt each and every thing in my previous organisation
Nice working environment and nice colleagues
Assistant Reservations Manager (Former Employee), Tsimshatsui, Hong KongNovember 19, 2014
Pros: lots of learning opportunity
Cons: not much career path
Good company culture and nice working environment, many internal training provided. All nice colleagues.

About Hyatt

Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a proud heritage of making guests – Read more