Hyatt Employee Reviews

Large hotel chain
HYATT REGENCY VIP CONCIERGE (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 July 2015
I enjoyed my time working for our special guests with a good team of coworkers and a fun environment with good benefits. I enjoyed my time at the Hyatt.
Exciting, highest expectations
Valet, Cashier & Bellman (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2012
Highest service standards are expected. Management was encouraging of career growth and your well being. Challenge - expectation of delivering 100% of the time. Clientele is composed of movie stars, professional athletes and other celebrities.
Excellent people, good working envionment
Assistant Director Of Finance (Former Employee) –  Toronto16 March 2015
Excellent team, learn a lot from my direct report (Controller). Prepared myself for Controller. Difficult commute daily with traffic
Pros
fast paced working environment
Cons
Long commute
Excellent place with many employee benifits
Stewarding Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MD21 August 2012
Good Place fabulous location right beside a river choptank,amazing climate, many facilities for guest as well.
Pros
amazing people, amazing management.
Cons
its has good bussiness only in summers.
best work place
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  calgary ab25 April 2015
nice place to work easy to deal with the management and good benefits fair salary and free lunch and staff are friendly in all department.
Pros
free meal
Cons
8 hours
Flexible workplace with learning opportunities
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2014
-Taking charge of all the maintenance and operations of the shift

- Ensure safety and smooth operation of all electro-mechanical systems

- Managers are very co-operative and responsible
great business model and career growth
General Maintenance II (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2014
great place to learn and with it being a 5 diamond property the training was very helpful in learning for the hospitality business.
server
Banquet server and bartender (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 February 2015
banquet server and bartender for the Hyatt Regency Calgary. it is a great opportunity to learn and stuff. Love to work there
Steward -kitchen
Food and Beverage Steward (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2015
Great management with career advancement. Best co-workers with lifetime friendships.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch and dinner
Amazing Hotel
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 July 2013
Good Hotel

Typical day is alot of guest at the hotel and a lot of beds to clean. Such a beautiful hotel.
Pros
Good Staff
Cons
Lon
Great company
Banquets server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 November 2012
Hyatt is a worldwide company that provide their associates with the best
Pros
worldwide
Cons
hours not flexible
Great opportunity to show off my skills.
Executive Sous-Chef (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 April 2012
A typical day at work was smooth and enjoyable and run by a great team.
Overall
Hotel Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2014
The Hyatt opens doors for their employees and provides a fun, educational and bright work place.
nice
Internship (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 December 2013
nice people, very good attitude. I do not know about salary as i have been there onb my unpaid internship
Great
Banquet Chef (Former Employee) –  Calgary23 May 2014
Great company to work with.
Great exposure.
Great Benefits.
Great advancement opportunity.
Working at a place that makes different types of amazing sweets
Baker (Co-op Student) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2013
A typical day at work would be to come into work and be ready to be told what to do. A co-worker would give me something to do on the list, if its gathering ingredients or actually making the product, I will start on it.

I have learn a lot about baking and when I make mistakes, I learn why the product turn out to not be what I have expected. I have learn what it is like to work in a Kosher Kitchen. It is very important to wash any kinds of fruits and to check eggs for blood and that no dairy is involved. I also have learned how to make a ton of things.

Management is great at Park Hyatt. Everyone makes a list of what needs to be done for events or banquet orders, meets up for meeting to see if there are any changes to be made before the event and makes the product just in time for the event.

Most enjoyable part of the job is when I get to make small treats like cake pops, creme brulee, macaroons, mini lemon meringue pies, little beautiful pastries that I can create with my hands, especially cinnamon apple rose tarts which is very time consuming when producting alot but I enjoy making each and every one of the tarts with a perfect apple rose.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
When making something really time consuming
Great pay but soul sucking job
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 January 2015
I have worked in many hotels asa banquet server and even tough this was the second highest paying one I could not stay there for very long.

The pros:
*Amazing free food in the cafeteria
*Great benefits
*Free stays and discounted prices at other Hyatt properties around the world

The Cons:
*They follow everything by the book- For example: You get a certain amount of sick days for the year. I ended up using all of mine at once because I was in the hospital. I had unexpected surgery. I called in to work with sufficient notice and brought a letter. I was remediated on paper for going over my sick days. I had not called in sick the rest of the year.
Another example: All food and beverage needs to be in the rooms 15 minutes before the scheduled time on the contract. I was in the elevator putting cookies in a room when the elevator broke. I radioed the manager and told them they had to get someone else to bring cookies to the room because i was stuck in the service elevator. I was written up for not having cookies in the room on time even though when i radioed the manager it was still 25 minutes before the scheduled time.
*Everyone on the management team treats you like you are a number and you do not matter. They are taught to intentionally have that distinctive separation between server and manager.
*I have seen other staff disappear and go to the mall for 5 hours during a shift and the management team does not notice because they are in the office the entire time.
*No room for advancement. It was made clear that they like to hire from the outside and not promote
  more... from within.

Overall, I would not recommend this employer to anyone looking for a banquet job. I have literally worked for banquet positions that pay me half of what i was getting paid at the hyatt and i was happier.
Pros
Great pay, Free lunches
Cons
You are nothing to the company but a number