Hyatt

Hyatt Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall
Hotel Operator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 17, 2014
The Hyatt opens doors for their employees and provides a fun, educational and bright work place.
great business model and career growth
General Maintenance II (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 30, 2014
great place to learn and with it being a 5 diamond property the training was very helpful in learning for the hospitality business.
Great
Banquet Chef (Former Employee), CalgaryMay 23, 2014
Great company to work with.
Great exposure.
Great Benefits.
Great advancement opportunity.
A great learning curb.
Line Cook (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 16, 2014
Pros: it was a steady work.
Cons: long hours
Great environment and great team. Learned a lot and growing into management skill was a bonus. The hardest part of the job is not getting to grow in the company because of unfortunate reasons due of lack professionalism on the new management. I enjoyed all my team and everyone i dealt with.
Flexible workplace with learning opportunities
Engineer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 12, 2014
-Taking charge of all the maintenance and operations of the shift

- Ensure safety and smooth operation of all electro-mechanical systems

- Managers are very co-operative and responsible
nice
Internship (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 31, 2013
nice people, very good attitude. I do not know about salary as i have been there onb my unpaid internship
Customer Service
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 15, 2013
Pros: comp hotel nights
Cons: i work on holidays, sometimes
A typical day at work is, I log onto my computer station, then get my cash float. I begin the morning check list. Checking the arrivals and departures for the day. I check the occupancy and begin taking the prepayments. I will block the airlines, and start the vip arrivals. Everyday is a new different day at the hotel. I love working with all my co-workers – more... and my managers. Sometimes it can be a bit demanding when there's a sold out day, and we have early arrivals. But there is always support to help the staff and customers. – less
Working at a place that makes different types of amazing sweets
Baker (Co-op Student) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: when making something really time consuming
A typical day at work would be to come into work and be ready to be told what to do. A co-worker would give me something to do on the list, if its gathering ingredients or actually making the product, I will start on it.

I have learn a lot about baking and when I make mistakes, I learn why the product turn out to not be what I have expected. I have – more... learn what it is like to work in a Kosher Kitchen. It is very important to wash any kinds of fruits and to check eggs for blood and that no dairy is involved. I also have learned how to make a ton of things.

Management is great at Park Hyatt. Everyone makes a list of what needs to be done for events or banquet orders, meets up for meeting to see if there are any changes to be made before the event and makes the product just in time for the event.

Most enjoyable part of the job is when I get to make small treats like cake pops, creme brulee, macaroons, mini lemon meringue pies, little beautiful pastries that I can create with my hands, especially cinnamon apple rose tarts which is very time consuming when producting alot but I enjoy making each and every one of the tarts with a perfect apple rose. – less
Amazing Hotel
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 5, 2013
Pros: good staff
Cons: lon
Good Hotel

Typical day is alot of guest at the hotel and a lot of beds to clean. Such a beautiful hotel.
Great company
Banquets server (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 27, 2012
Pros: worldwide
Cons: hours not flexible
Hyatt is a worldwide company that provide their associates with the best
Beautiful property, great location
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCOctober 24, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours, but that's usually the case in the hospitality industry
Hyatt Regency Montreal is a beautiful property conveniently located in downtown Montreal. I have had the opportunity to move up professionally and have had the opportunity to learn from the different departments I worked in. There is a great ambiance and spirit and it's due to the employees at the company.
Exciting, highest expectations
Valet, Cashier & Bellman (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 20, 2012
Highest service standards are expected. Management was encouraging of career growth and your well being. Challenge - expectation of delivering 100% of the time. Clientele is composed of movie stars, professional athletes and other celebrities.
Excellent place with many employee benifits
Stewarding Supervisor (Former Employee), Cambridge, MDAugust 21, 2012
Pros: amazing people, amazing management.
Cons: its has good bussiness only in summers.
Good Place fabulous location right beside a river choptank,amazing climate, many facilities for guest as well.
Productive and fun environments
General Maintenance Engineering Departement (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 20, 2012
Pros: free lunches, dental benefit, and health benefit
Cons: lack of career development
Typical day at work are preventive maintenance such as rooms, and machine; and also solve all guest complains for guest room, publics rooms, etc. I learned that team work and hospitality industry are most important and fun to learn.I enjoyed when I always meet guest while there is guest complained.
Great opportunity to show off my skills.
Executive Sous-Chef (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCApril 4, 2012
A typical day at work was smooth and enjoyable and run by a great team.
Office Organizer
Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 28, 2014
When I open at work my duties include data input and email communication in a timely manner. I have learned patience and phone etiquette skills that have made me excel as an employee here. My co-workers are very kind in which some of them have been here for as long as 20 years. There are no hard parts included in this job because i have become so experienced – more... in my routine i can fulfill each assignment better than before. The most enjoyable part is the contest we have in the hub and the discounted rooms at Hyatts all over the world. – less
nice place to work
Houseman (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 26, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: short breaks
I love working here. The people are great and team work is outstanding
fun place to work
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Reston, VAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: best benefits
Cons: hours
very upbeat and very professional at the same time. Love the morale
Very busy work environment, can't be afraid to get your hands dirty.
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILAugust 24, 2014
Typical day of the AGM would usually consist of 10 to 12 hour days. Time management is extremely important in an environment where you do front office duties, pour drinks at the bar, check people in, drive guests in the complimentary shuttle, make lattes and cappucinos from our Starbucks machine, take orders for food as well as prepare those items in – more... the kitchen.
After the front office gets situated and no longer needs assistance, I can get to my back office duties such as AP, AR, deposits, answering emails, and scheduling.
The most enjoyable part of the job is also the hardest. As stated previously, time management is very important. It's the hardest, and yet most satisfying part of the job when you conquer your day. – less
looking to move up
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee), ontario caAugust 22, 2014
Pros: i get to meet new guest everyday
Cons: poor management ( from owners)
I really enjoy working for this place but there is no room to grow.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hyatt

Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a proud heritage of making guests – Read more