Hyatt Employee Reviews in Canada

Hard but low-stress
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 17, 2016
The job was very physical, had to do cleaning/dishwashing, lifting heavy objects etc...

The rhythm can be very fast at times so it can be a challenge, but it is not stressful. It was enjoyable, just like playing a sport.

There were also opportunities to work at banquets as a server, occasionally.
Hyatt is a very good company.
ROOM ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 25, 2016
I learned how to interact to the guest and colleague. I love to work at hyatt because the people around ar very nice ans so with the supervisor. The most enjoable part was when we had gathering with the housekeeping family
Pros
FREE LUNCH
Cons
WHEN WE HAVE A LOT OF CHECK OUTS
Friendly working environment
Bell Man (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 29, 2016
When I am at work, my smiling face is on because of my co-workers and guests. As long as I assist guests, I am in the right track and don't know how my shift end up that fast. Smile !
Pros
free pay day meal and discount parking rate
Cons
less hours shifts
Hyatt is like my home and my family
Lead General Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 10, 2016
I learn a lot from my co-workers; develop my confidence, enjoying working with them; good team work; respecting each other and the management are very supportive.
Feast or famine
Employee (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 20, 2015
And lately famine. Although your coworkers and managers are usually excellent. A very team oriented dynamic. Salary is reasonable, work is not always available. The benefits are good. Sick days, medical and RRSP contributions by employer and many more perks.
Pros
Free hot lunches
Cons
Lack of work, lack of work life balance
productivity and fun
Line coach (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 24, 2016
one of the best place to work .excellent service and great staff .i as a cook learnt lot of things
thank you very much chef and all team
Large hotel chain
HYATT REGENCY VIP CONCIERGE (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 27, 2015
I enjoyed my time working for our special guests with a good team of coworkers and a fun environment with good benefits. I enjoyed my time at the Hyatt.
Fun enviroment
Convention Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 11, 2015
A lot of room to advance except it takes a long time to acquire such. Needs a better scheduling system as everything is scheduled in seniority which is kind of horrible. You won't get any hours (hardly) if you're at the bottom of the hires.
good situation customer service representative absolutly in high ranking ability
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 10, 2015
Ability and performance works in duties has been proven. Increased knowledge of serving customers. Dealing with people work together as a team. Dealing co-workers as a team. Some are slow times working hours. Is to promote satisfaction of customers.
Pros
good high salary obtain.
Cons
making some false move give you hindrance of duty.
Excellent people, good working envionment
Assistant Director Of Finance (Former Employee) –  TorontoMarch 16, 2015
Excellent team, learn a lot from my direct report (Controller). Prepared myself for Controller. Difficult commute daily with traffic
Pros
fast paced working environment
Cons
long commute
best work place
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  calgary abApril 25, 2015
nice place to work easy to deal with the management and good benefits fair salary and free lunch and staff are friendly in all department.
Pros
free meal
Cons
8 hours
it is what you make it
security officer (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 14, 2014
I worked for hrlb for about 6 years... It is a company you can grow with if you know the right people and suck up, there are definitely favorites. I was lucky to be in a dept where the boss had our best interest in mind. Always worked his best to accommodate our schedules. Weekends were busy so hard to get those off though. Best part was comp rooms across the globe, wonderful perk!! Pay was pretty poor if you were a line employee, minimum raises were standard.
Pros
comp rooms!! free lunch. really great people i worked with
Cons
worked weekends almost always, pay was low in certain depts, understaffed, some mngt clueless and disconnected from line staff
Fun
Barista (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 17, 2015
The people are the best part of my job. The benefits are great, and the customers are great too. Some of the cons include having to deal with theft a lot (as there are a lot of homeless people in the area who try to steal your merchandise and your tips), and the repetitiveness.
Pros
free food
Cons
repetitive
Good work but hard hours
Room attendant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 8, 2014
Though this job has an excellent starter pay, with benefits coming in after 3 months, its tough being a new employee here. I have so far gotten just graveyard shifts due to seniority. There are too many people working here for there to be enough hours during the day, or even after September. You will need a part time job on the side, even if they promise you "regular work".
Pros
snacks, cheap cafeteria, nice people
Cons
late hours, hard work
Average Day
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 31, 2014
A typical day includes going out of your way on your own time to make connections with local restaurants and business. To generate interest in them with guest who come seeking advice on what to do and where to go.

I have learned that if you want to make something happen you need to work hard and make sacrifices in life to get to where you want to be.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
salary
Customer Service
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 15, 2013
A typical day at work is, I log onto my computer station, then get my cash float. I begin the morning check list. Checking the arrivals and departures for the day. I check the occupancy and begin taking the prepayments. I will block the airlines, and start the vip arrivals. Everyday is a new different day at the hotel. I love working with all my co-workers and my managers. Sometimes it can be a bit demanding when there's a sold out day, and we have early arrivals. But there is always support to help the staff and customers.
Pros
comp hotel nights
Cons
i work on holidays, sometimes
Beautiful property, great location
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 24, 2012
Hyatt Regency Montreal is a beautiful property conveniently located in downtown Montreal. I have had the opportunity to move up professionally and have had the opportunity to learn from the different departments I worked in. There is a great ambiance and spirit and it's due to the employees at the company.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours, but that's usually the case in the hospitality industry
Productive and fun environments
General Maintenance Engineering Departement (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 20, 2012
Typical day at work are preventive maintenance such as rooms, and machine; and also solve all guest complains for guest room, publics rooms, etc. I learned that team work and hospitality industry are most important and fun to learn.I enjoyed when I always meet guest while there is guest complained.
Pros
free lunches, dental benefit, and health benefit
Cons
lack of career development
A great learning curb.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 16, 2014
Great environment and great team. Learned a lot and growing into management skill was a bonus. The hardest part of the job is not getting to grow in the company because of unfortunate reasons due of lack professionalism on the new management. I enjoyed all my team and everyone i dealt with.
Pros
it was a steady work.
server
Banquet server and bartender (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2015
banquet server and bartender for the Hyatt Regency Calgary. it is a great opportunity to learn and stuff. Love to work there