Hyatt

Hyatt Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
it is what you make it
security officer (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: comp rooms!! free lunch. really great people i worked with
Cons: worked weekends almost always, pay was low in certain depts, understaffed, some mngt clueless and disconnected from line staff
I worked for hrlb for about 6 years... It is a company you can grow with if you know the right people and suck up, there are definitely favorites. I was lucky to be in a dept where the boss had our best interest in mind. Always worked his best to accommodate our schedules. Weekends were busy so hard to get those off though. Best part was comp rooms – more... across the globe, wonderful perk!! Pay was pretty poor if you were a line employee, minimum raises were standard. – less
Good work but hard hours
Room attendant (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: snacks, cheap cafeteria, nice people
Cons: late hours, hard work
Though this job has an excellent starter pay, with benefits coming in after 3 months, its tough being a new employee here. I have so far gotten just graveyard shifts due to seniority. There are too many people working here for there to be enough hours during the day, or even after September. You will need a part time job on the side, even if they promise – more... you "regular work". – less
Average Day
Guest Services (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 31, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: salary
A typical day includes going out of your way on your own time to make connections with local restaurants and business. To generate interest in them with guest who come seeking advice on what to do and where to go.

I have learned that if you want to make something happen you need to work hard and make sacrifices in life to get to where you want to be.
Overall
Hotel Operator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 17, 2014
The Hyatt opens doors for their employees and provides a fun, educational and bright work place.
great business model and career growth
General Maintenance II (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 30, 2014
great place to learn and with it being a 5 diamond property the training was very helpful in learning for the hospitality business.
Great
Banquet Chef (Former Employee), CalgaryMay 23, 2014
Great company to work with.
Great exposure.
Great Benefits.
Great advancement opportunity.
A great learning curb.
Line Cook (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 16, 2014
Pros: it was a steady work.
Cons: long hours
Great environment and great team. Learned a lot and growing into management skill was a bonus. The hardest part of the job is not getting to grow in the company because of unfortunate reasons due of lack professionalism on the new management. I enjoyed all my team and everyone i dealt with.
Flexible workplace with learning opportunities
Engineer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 12, 2014
-Taking charge of all the maintenance and operations of the shift

- Ensure safety and smooth operation of all electro-mechanical systems

- Managers are very co-operative and responsible
nice
Internship (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 31, 2013
nice people, very good attitude. I do not know about salary as i have been there onb my unpaid internship
Customer Service
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 15, 2013
Pros: comp hotel nights
Cons: i work on holidays, sometimes
A typical day at work is, I log onto my computer station, then get my cash float. I begin the morning check list. Checking the arrivals and departures for the day. I check the occupancy and begin taking the prepayments. I will block the airlines, and start the vip arrivals. Everyday is a new different day at the hotel. I love working with all my co-workers – more... and my managers. Sometimes it can be a bit demanding when there's a sold out day, and we have early arrivals. But there is always support to help the staff and customers. – less
Working at a place that makes different types of amazing sweets
Baker (Co-op Student) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: when making something really time consuming
A typical day at work would be to come into work and be ready to be told what to do. A co-worker would give me something to do on the list, if its gathering ingredients or actually making the product, I will start on it.

I have learn a lot about baking and when I make mistakes, I learn why the product turn out to not be what I have expected. I have – more... learn what it is like to work in a Kosher Kitchen. It is very important to wash any kinds of fruits and to check eggs for blood and that no dairy is involved. I also have learned how to make a ton of things.

Management is great at Park Hyatt. Everyone makes a list of what needs to be done for events or banquet orders, meets up for meeting to see if there are any changes to be made before the event and makes the product just in time for the event.

Most enjoyable part of the job is when I get to make small treats like cake pops, creme brulee, macaroons, mini lemon meringue pies, little beautiful pastries that I can create with my hands, especially cinnamon apple rose tarts which is very time consuming when producting alot but I enjoy making each and every one of the tarts with a perfect apple rose. – less
Amazing Hotel
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 5, 2013
Pros: good staff
Cons: lon
Good Hotel

Typical day is alot of guest at the hotel and a lot of beds to clean. Such a beautiful hotel.
Great company
Banquets server (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 27, 2012
Pros: worldwide
Cons: hours not flexible
Hyatt is a worldwide company that provide their associates with the best
Beautiful property, great location
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCOctober 24, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours, but that's usually the case in the hospitality industry
Hyatt Regency Montreal is a beautiful property conveniently located in downtown Montreal. I have had the opportunity to move up professionally and have had the opportunity to learn from the different departments I worked in. There is a great ambiance and spirit and it's due to the employees at the company.
Exciting, highest expectations
Valet, Cashier & Bellman (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 20, 2012
Highest service standards are expected. Management was encouraging of career growth and your well being. Challenge - expectation of delivering 100% of the time. Clientele is composed of movie stars, professional athletes and other celebrities.
Excellent place with many employee benifits
Stewarding Supervisor (Former Employee), Cambridge, MDAugust 21, 2012
Pros: amazing people, amazing management.
Cons: its has good bussiness only in summers.
Good Place fabulous location right beside a river choptank,amazing climate, many facilities for guest as well.
Productive and fun environments
General Maintenance Engineering Departement (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 20, 2012
Pros: free lunches, dental benefit, and health benefit
Cons: lack of career development
Typical day at work are preventive maintenance such as rooms, and machine; and also solve all guest complains for guest room, publics rooms, etc. I learned that team work and hospitality industry are most important and fun to learn.I enjoyed when I always meet guest while there is guest complained.
Great opportunity to show off my skills.
Executive Sous-Chef (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCApril 4, 2012
A typical day at work was smooth and enjoyable and run by a great team.
productive
Sous chef (Former Employee), Delhi Cantt, DLOctober 19, 2014
Pros: good learning
Cons: very busy
- starts again with breakfast
- but heavy expats
- then lunch
- hitea
dinner operation
Enjoyed working with different people everyday.
In Room Dining Server (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 18, 2014
It was nice working with everyone at the Hyatt. One thing that I learned was Even though everyone is different they all like to be treated with kindness. Management helped everything stay organized and proper.It was also pleasant working with my co-workers. They were very pleasant people to work around(we worked as a team).

1 2 3 4 5

About Hyatt

Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a proud heritage of making guests – Read more