- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers engaged in the following duties: operating single or multi-function machinery and equipment; operating mouldmaking and coremaking machines or manually make moulds and cores; forming and finishing machines; operating concrete forming and finishing machines; and operating cement process control and machines and equipment
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with units
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines and equipment.
- Assign tasks to operators and labourers taking into account workers' skills, experience, preferences and availabilities
- Consider clauses in collective agreements which may restrict task assignments.
- Rotate more physically and mentally exhausting tasks among workers by week rather than by month to improve morale.
- Interact with suppliers and service providers
- Choose production operations and sequences to achieve production targets, taking into account numbers of orders, availabilities of workers, equipment and supplies, maintenance needs and operational efficiencies.
- train, motivate and give directions, suggestions and constructive criticism to subordinates
- Discuss workers' performance during regular evaluations
- Conduct periodic safety talks with labourers to maintain and improve workplace safety
- Discuss improvements to quality and productivity with suppliers and with co-workers such as other production supervisors, quality assurance technicians and engineers
- Monitor labour hours, review and approve time cards.
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Conduct safety talks (minimum 12 per year) and provide documentation to the HR Manager
- Develop work methods and plans to improve productivity
- High School Diploma
- Post-secondary education in metallurgy, sciences or a related field is an asset
- Significant experience in construction, manufacturing and/or industrial settings and supervision
Please submit your resume via email
Indeed - 18 months ago