Husky Energy Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Diversity is the word when working at Husky
Document Management Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 12, 2016
Pros: Feel at home
Cons: A lot of meetings which sometimes impact on your effort to put in your best on what you do
Everyone is given the freedom to be himself/herself. encouragement to bring the best into the workplace. Excellent team spirit.
Great workplace, managers care and very family orientated.
Well Site Leader (Former Employee), All over AlbertaOctober 19, 2015
Personnel at Husky are great, managers care, company cares about you and your family. Great benefits and great pay. The company cares about their workers.
I admired the CEO of the company a lot.
Process Engineer Team Lead (Former Employee), Fort Mackay, ABFebruary 25, 2016
Pros: Health Insurance
Cons: Oil sands project delays
Company showed a lot of compassion and was very reluctant to let staff go even in the face of dwindling revenue.

Team work
Acceptable
Great co-workers
Alignment with other groups in the OSBU
Fun environment
Great learning experience
Master Data Analyst (Intern) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: Great work environment, supportive team
Cons: n/a
As a summer intern for Husky, all duties and responsibilities are clearly explained and the team was very supportive. Once they knew I could work efficiently on my own, I had little supervision which allowed me to understand the job better.
Honest effords and achievements are not their highest priority or acknowledgements.
accounting technician (Former Employee), CalgaryJanuary 16, 2016
To many people in the wrong roles and human resources are obvious to whats really going on regardless of there non bullying posters all over.
productive and busy work place
Custodian (Current Employee), SKOctober 25, 2015
Pros: we have free lunch once a week
Cons: it is a contract job
it is fun and challenging job for me. good bosses and people. I've learned a lot... i just started driving when i got hired and i improved myself a lot driving around the site with different kind of machinery around. very busy which keeps me going and it feels so fast through out the day that i worked.. i have more time for my kid on my days off.. i have 2 weeks busy time at work and i really enjoyed my time off with family...
Good work during studies
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 28, 2015
I found this job to fulfil my expense during my studies ,and it turn out to be a good experience getting job which helped me a lot in improving my customer skills as well as my management skill
Fair Job
Site Operations Manager (Current Employee), Salmon Arm, BCApril 13, 2016
Pros: Create your own schedule
Cons: Corporate incompetance
Flexibility and freedom to work on your own.
Corporate has no clue as to what running a store is really like.
Poor hourly rate for management and staff.
Very well structured Company
SAFETY ADVISOR (Current Employee), Lloydminster, SKFebruary 17, 2016
Husky is a very friendly, respectful and professional place to work . Great safety awareness at all levels, People are not afraid to say stop and evaluate any task.
Always open to opinions on growth .
busy and chaotic at times
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary AlbertaMay 26, 2015
Company has excellent staff, but are limited by middle management. found it difficult to advance my career or effect change. Working with other groups in the company was enjoyable.
Great Job Autonomy
Junior Sales/Analyst, (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 20, 2016
As a business analyst, I have been exposed to more than just analytics. Over time I have had the chance to work on the sales side of the business with the marketing team, including pricing work.
It was a great place to work.
Facility Operator (Former Employee), Lashburn Sask.April 2, 2016
Economic downturn was hard on a lot of people myself included. I enjoyed working for Husky over all. I learned quite a bit and appreciated the opportunity.
Fast and fun place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABFebruary 18, 2016
Usually it is busy before lottery cut off time. Awesome coworkers and boss. Have learned a lot about dealing with different customers and handling pressure.
interesting place to work with a broad portfolio of operations
Pipeline integrity engineer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 12, 2015
a company with diverse technical challenges. good company to learn and apply the fundamentals of pipeline integrity. different pipeline materials and streams make Husky good place to develop your potential
Great Place to Work
Environmental Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 11, 2016
Learned a lot about SAGD. Great new challenge to help further my tools for any employment opportunities which may come my way
Great Place!!
Emergency Management Lead (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great management!!
Cons: long commute
Fantastic place to work with numerous opportunities for advancement. The staff are great and the benefits are awesome!!
place to meet new people
CASHIER/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), torontoAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Get to work alone
Cons: the salary
Husky Gas station was a good fun part time job. Its a one man job place, which kind of gets boring after a while. It usually gets busy over the weekend, especially when the gas price goes down.
Great Company - Downside is Management
Field Operator 4 (Current Employee), AlbertaOctober 15, 2012
Pros: great team atmosphere, family oriented
Cons: certain district has management issues
I have worked for Husky for a total of 11 years. I have worked in a facility and in 2 fields.

Facility - great workplace, people were awesome. Summer BBQs, positive environment and very safety oriented.

Field 1 - people were great, busy area and monthly lunches/ team building. Problem everyone newly hired was someone's cousin, son or somehow related and manager wasn't open to others ideas, his way or no way at all.
Field 2 - great place, great culture, breakfasts at morning meetings and busy area as well. No problems yet and almost a completely different mindset in management, open to suggestions and others' ideas.

Husky has amazing job security, works with very safe and modern equipment and after hours is more than willing to compensate workers fairly. Never been questioned on my overtime once in 11 years.
Poorly managed
Deskside Support Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 15, 2015
Pros: Great coffee machines
Cons: Incompetent bosses
The right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing. Seemed like there was a lot of rush to get things done with very little coordination and communication. No one knew where anything was if it's outside Calgary.
sunrise site
welder (Former Employee), SunriseJuly 17, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: too many to mention
very cliche group. people not hired for experience or skills. Upper Management on site a joke. this place needs to be audited.
Headquarters