Husky Energy Employee Reviews

Undergoing significant changes in IT and PMO
Senior Application Architect & Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2014
It was so good to see open minded management currently engaged and working with industry HR professionals to over come some significant issues regarding communication and process changes between Business and IT. Improvement is noticeable over the short term I was back.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with such a large range of enterrpise stakeholders to gain move large initiatives forward that are not yet in sync with the new desired processes.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Cramped office space and seating
Good Management
Material Engineer/MDM Analyst -Contract (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2015
It's a great company with excellent management, facilities, compensation. Great place to learn and apply those knowledge to your job.
Pros
Good compensation, facilities, management
Incivility on a daily basis
Deskside Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK14 January 2016
The 'work' was excellent. The personal interactions with management and senior staff... not so much.

I learned a new word working at Husky. "Incivility"

There were two senior staff members in my area (one of them the manager) that were adept at rude, condescending, bullying type behaviors. I found it very toxic. After my 6 month contract was up I had mixed feelings about leaving.

Overall Husky is your typical corporate environment. They ask that you put the company first while they put the people last. Lots of bonuses at the top and lots of cuts at the bottom. Watch what you say and who you say it to. Smile a lot and kiss the right behinds.
Pros
excellent 'work' opportunity
Cons
incivility, workplace bullying, corporate mentalities and culture
Great workplace, managers care and very family orientated.
Well Site Leader (Former Employee) –  All over Alberta19 October 2015
Personnel at Husky are great, managers care, company cares about you and your family. Great benefits and great pay. The company cares about their workers.
Hard working and easy going, work very well with others.
Contract Operator (Former Employee) –  Cochrane AB.20 June 2016
Enjoy working with others and put my best foot forward every day, I am a very loyal and conscientious worker. I am quick to learn new tasks and show up each day punctually and with a smile on my face.
Pros
Very hard dedicated worker.
Cons
Temporary work.
Typical days were very hectic and intense. A great team of very focused team members.
Project Procurement Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 April 2016
The company is very focused on profitability and cost management. The Supply Chain Management department had very cumbersome rules and procedures; which often hampered productivity. This became challenging on occasion when trying to maintain project schedules.
It's alright
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 July 2016
pay is minimum. and work is headache. specially counting the smokes daily. you have to deal with cleaning, restocking, serving costumers, and shipments all alone
Pros
meet new people
Cons
sit in the same spot for the whole day
OK place to work
Staff Process Safety Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2016
Not much for comments. Just to be cautious and careful. Not a diverse and culturally favorable. Racist management lays off visible minorities and other immigrants.
Pros
Good size
Cons
average place to work
place to meet new people
CASHIER/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  toronto22 August 2015
Husky Gas station was a good fun part time job. Its a one man job place, which kind of gets boring after a while. It usually gets busy over the weekend, especially when the gas price goes down.
Pros
Get to work alone
Cons
the salary
Good work/life balance
Staff PRoduction Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary5 March 2014
Large integrated E&P company. Very good work/life balance. Compensation is ~ 40th percentile in terms of Mercer reports.
Pros
New management has made many positive changes
Cons
can be a fairly bureaucratic with many layers of approvals
Husky gas resources
Completions Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2016
enjoyed working at Husky, the people the atmosphere and their safety culture were key to my goals and interests. We were on the edge of new and exciting growth. when the price of oil tanked our project has now stalled.
Pros
work as much or as little as you needed too
Cons
price of oil fell
Good work place
Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 July 2016
Good place to work. Very procedure oriented company with set work flows and check lists to apply to every project or scenario.
good company
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 June 2016
good company,easy to understand the software,manager is very rude,managers not trained well,speak rudely with store representatives.working hours schedule is not bad.
Pros
day shift
Cons
night shift
Great Place!!
Emergency Management Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 March 2015
Fantastic place to work with numerous opportunities for advancement. The staff are great and the benefits are awesome!!
Pros
Great management!!
Cons
Long commute
Fun and fast paced environment
SAP Specialist supporting Accounting (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 June 2014
I love my team and my role. I have expanded my SAP knowledge as I work with very senior talented individuals. The benefits are great and company's strategy is solid. I believe I have a career here and not just a job :)
Fair Job
Site Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC13 April 2016
Flexibility and freedom to work on your own.
Corporate has no clue as to what running a store is really like.
Poor hourly rate for management and staff.
Pros
Create your own schedule
Cons
Corporate incompetance
Excellent workplace
Reservoir Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2016
Husky Energy is an excellent place to work. The people are friendly and management always tries to keep employees in the loop about the direction of the company. Senior engineers are always open to help you with whatever needed.
Great People and Fun environment
Mater Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 March 2015
Husky is a great company to work for. The people are awesome and management are great. They have awesome benefits and treat their employees wonderful.
A very good overall place to work with great benefits.
Manager, Credit (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 January 2013
Husky Energy is a very good energy company headquartered in Calgary. I very much enjoyed working for them and found their compensation and benefits to be top notch. I would recommend them to anyone.
Excellant company
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 March 2013
I really enjoyed and miss my time there. I have met so many great people who I miss dearly. The benefits provided are awesome.
Pros
advancement, group lunches