Husky Energy Employee Reviews in Canada

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  CalgaryMarch 9, 2016
Learned and grew personally and professionally. Management could do better in leveraging employee expertise. Enjoyed working with the people.
Great company and team
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 1, 2016
Husky was a great company to work for - they invested in staff to assist in your progression.
No two projects were the same - problem solving was always required to resolve issues.
I identified system improvements and implemented them which reduced the need for manual updates.
The most enjoyable part(s) was implementing a change which significantly improved performance or a departments compliance.
Husky is an excellent company
Lead Inspector Ram River District (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mountain HouseFebruary 25, 2016
Husky is an excellent company. Desire to find another employer is based on personal issues. Enjoy working for Husky very much.
Pros
Husky is an excellent company
Cons
Husky is an excellent company
I admired the CEO of the company a lot.
Process Engineer Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, ABFebruary 25, 2016
Company showed a lot of compassion and was very reluctant to let staff go even in the face of dwindling revenue.

Team work
Acceptable
Great co-workers
Alignment with other groups in the OSBU
Fun environment
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Oil sands project delays
IT Contractor
Contract IT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2016
It's hard to write positive review after the way IT laid off people a couple weeks ago. The business people are great to work with, but IT seems to have an ego that needs to keep being fuelled. I heard of IT people being told they were let got by their recruiter, not the person they actually reported to.
Pros
Business attitude is great to work with
Cons
IT is micro managed and then dismisses people without actually telling them
Fast and fun place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABFebruary 18, 2016
Usually it is busy before lottery cut off time. Awesome coworkers and boss. Have learned a lot about dealing with different customers and handling pressure.
Very well structured Company
SAFETY ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SKFebruary 17, 2016
Husky is a very friendly, respectful and professional place to work . Great safety awareness at all levels, People are not afraid to say stop and evaluate any task.
Always open to opinions on growth .
Great management team
Superintendent Calgary Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 13, 2016
The management team at husky was very accommodating and supportive. They made great efforts to help you feel like you were making a difference in the company.
Pros
productive office atmosphere, cheaper rates on parking
Cons
Multiple meetings, redundant paper work
Great company to work for.
Senior Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2016
Great company to work for. Unfortunately the oil crisis is pushing companies to lay off people.
I loved to work for Husky these 5 years.

Management is excellent, respectful and encourage the team to get training and develop themselves.

Great team to work with.
Pros
Great benefits, flexicble hours, good environment
Great learning experience
Master Data Analyst (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 28, 2016
As a summer intern for Husky, all duties and responsibilities are clearly explained and the team was very supportive. Once they knew I could work efficiently on my own, I had little supervision which allowed me to understand the job better.
Pros
Great work environment, supportive team
Cons
n/a
Honest effords and achievements are not their highest priority or acknowledgements.
accounting technician (Former Employee) –  CalgaryJanuary 16, 2016
To many people in the wrong roles and human resources are obvious to whats really going on regardless of there non bullying posters all over.
Incivility on a daily basis
Deskside Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SKJanuary 14, 2016
The 'work' was excellent. The personal interactions with management and senior staff... not so much.

I learned a new word working at Husky. "Incivility"

There were two senior staff members in my area (one of them the manager) that were adept at rude, condescending, bullying type behaviors. I found it very toxic. After my 6 month contract was up I had mixed feelings about leaving.

Overall Husky is your typical corporate environment. They ask that you put the company first while they put the people last. Lots of bonuses at the top and lots of cuts at the bottom. Watch what you say and who you say it to. Smile a lot and kiss the right behinds.
Pros
excellent 'work' opportunity
Cons
incivility, workplace bullying, corporate mentalities and culture
not a family oriented company
Document Controller (Secondee) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 13, 2016
Company Management is not great compared to other companies. I have learned a lot only too much pressure on a day to day work load. Co-workers sometimes are good. the job is easy and the most enjoyable part of the job I would say is constant learning.
You can see the difference you are making .... every day
Project Controller (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 7, 2015
A very engaging and rewarding place to be at. Supportive management and awesome team atmosphere. Excellent lessons learned database.
interesting place to work with a broad portfolio of operations
Pipeline integrity engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 12, 2015
a company with diverse technical challenges. good company to learn and apply the fundamentals of pipeline integrity. different pipeline materials and streams make Husky good place to develop your potential
Fun work place
Infrastructure Management (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 5, 2015
Was a good place to work. very professional work space.
Money was good. the people were great to work with. Lots of room for advancement
Pros
coffee breaks
Productive and fun workplace.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SKNovember 4, 2015
Overall rating is excellent. It was the best work place ever. I had so much fun, my co-workers were the best friends. Productive and fun workplace.
Pros
the best work place ever
Cons
Productive place to work amid falling oil prices
accounting technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 4, 2015
My time at Husky was amid a large drop in oil prices. Moral wasn't exceptionally high and communication among co-workers was kept to a minimum. Would be a great place to work in ideal economic conditions. Overall, enjoyed my time there but it could have been better if oil was higher.
Pros
Great team leads, organized culture
Cons
Morale on the low side.
a great place to work.great camp,clean,good food.nice gym.clean safe job site.
Iron Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 1, 2015
a great bunch of guys.The camp was great,your own bath,food was great,clean.Safety meetings were very informative.and gave a safe place to work.
Pros
great comunication
Cons
job security
productive and busy work place
Custodian (Current Employee) –  SKOctober 25, 2015
it is fun and challenging job for me. good bosses and people. I've learned a lot... i just started driving when i got hired and i improved myself a lot driving around the site with different kind of machinery around. very busy which keeps me going and it feels so fast through out the day that i worked.. i have more time for my kid on my days off.. i have 2 weeks busy time at work and i really enjoyed my time off with family...
Pros
we have free lunch once a week
Cons
it is a contract job