Husky Energy Employee Reviews

Energy Leader
Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL28 June 2017
Husky keeps safety/environmental concerns at its forefront while ensuring performance standards are consistently met. Great company to work with and thrive!
A great place to work.
60 Hr Work Practicum (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SK26 June 2017
Great place to work, people are great, they practice what they preach, Family oriented, have great communication with the employees. Their employee training program is very through. Everyone is always willing to lend a hand and help you out.
Typical Day at work
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 June 2017
Long hour shift and have to repeat the same work all day long, it was boring job, no fun at all don't know what to do. no one there to help you or to tell you about the solution of the problem.
Workplace
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC19 June 2017
The first two years working there were fine, but once year 3 hit the little annoyances really started to wear on me. It didn't help that the Fuel Station environment is VERY disconnected from the main store--left it feeling very isolating, which would have been fine with me if it had just been a little observation station instead of a kiosk, but when there are a hundred (often irritable) customers coming in every day and barely any contact with fellow employees, the little annoyances start to outweigh the relaxing aspects. Also not helped by the fact that I never got a raise in the 4 years I worked there, and never really felt comfortable asking for one.
Pros
Free dinner and breakfast
Cons
Early shifts
Fast paced, Excellent facilities/Camp site, Great office space
On Site Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 June 2017
As a key player of teams in Husky Energy Project Controls I successfully worked on multi-million dollar projects (Husky Sunrise Phase 1) and multiple small sustaining projects. I came across many challenges, stood up, accepted them and delivering positive outcomes
its ok. not a bad job
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sparwood, BC18 June 2017
learned how to fill up propane tanks. also learned how to make a good service customer

hardest part of the job is when someone fill up gas and drive away.
Good work/life balance, good money, average management
Shift Engineer (Power Engineer, 2nd Class) (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK18 June 2017
Excellent work life balance if you're interested in living in Lloydminster full time. The wage and benefits are also substantial. The company is stable. Regarding management: if you're alright with being a minion you will love Husky.
Pros
Salary, benefits, shift schedule.
Cons
Management is not overly interested in your opinion.
Just a gas station
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC11 June 2017
There's really nothing good nor bad to say about this company. It's just a typical, entry level job position involving customers and policies and procedures.
having wonderful experience with the people around me love their company when working with them.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 June 2017
it was my wonderful experience in my life. have learned so much things with the co-workers. the most enjoyable part of the job is always smiling and greeting people with love and respect.
Pros
free lunch
Excellent
a) Project Planner & Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB, Saskatoon, Lloydminister Sask8 June 2017
Projects are always interesting, have many options to screen "to be environmentally friendly, economically feasible", require commitment, very challenging.and very well Rewarding..

These companies provide Excellent work Environment including facilities and offices.

All level of management and Upper management are very understanding, provides excellent environment to deal with.
Pros
Excellent
Great Company to work for
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 June 2017
I learned so much working at Husky as a HSE advisor. There were many great resources and learning opportunities. I met many amazing contacts and people I would love to call my friends
Pros
Many respurces
Cons
Not enough resources
Great learning experience in a busy environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Clair, ON28 May 2017
Working at Husky was an overall great experience. Management's organization and willingness to help, made the experience far more interesting and fun.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
Standing for a long period
Great company
Construction, Production, optimization Coordinator (Current Employee) –  athabsaca26 May 2017
great company to work for. just with a economy doing what its doing and the dieing gas field its no gonna be around much longer. would love to stay with in the company but the writing is on the wall
Very good company to work for
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB24 May 2017
Busy work day with much diversity
I learned a lot about the gas and oil industry
Management was respectful and approachable
I did not find anything difficult about this job
I did enjoy the challenge with the many changes that occurred on a regular basis.
Pros
Good company and people to work with
Cons
No cons
good place to work
Heavy Oil Well Operator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK16 May 2017
This is a good place to work, the pay is good, lots of room for growth and advancement, good compensation package, some of the work places can be a little negative in atmosphere.
Pros
good pay
Cons
negativity
great teams, busy fast paced
Land Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2017
Really enjoyed my time with Husky. I learned a great deal about oil and gas in a ten year period and greatly appreciate the support and insight over the years.
Not a bad place. Could be worse.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC9 May 2017
The worst part about this job was the customers. For some reason, customers feel they can treat gas station attendants like scum. The hours were good, as was job security.
Good job
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK3 May 2017
Good company to work for. Good job security and my boss cares about his employees. Compensation isn't at the top of the charts but reasonable for not working up north.
This place helped me to improve my communication skills and my time management skills.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2017
Being a Customer Service Representative is a big responsibility. At Husky i learned lots of things like time management skills and working as a team mate with my other employees. The management was very helpful in helping me learn all my duties and finishing work on time. The thing i liked most about my job was meeting new people everyday.
Pros
Management was very understanding
Cons
No extra pay for overtime
Great job but terrible co-worker.
Cashier/ Close (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC30 April 2017
It was great i had 40 hours a week and had a great boss. Many times i was unable to finish all of my closing duties because i had a terrible Co-Worker.
Pros
Employee discount, worked around my school schedule
Cons
Co-Worker was lazy, never got weekends off, i could sleep in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky Energy. Our community is ready to answer.