Husky Energy Employee Reviews

Decent company to work for
Plant operator (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC16 August 2017
Worked for this company for 2 years on a project plant, Large slow moving company with a large surplus of people. The equiptment I worked with was all brand new so that was awesome
Pros
New equiptment
Cons
Paper heavy, extremely safety conscious, painfully slow operations
fun workplace
TCFN clean-up crew (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, SK7 August 2017
everyday was something new to learn I enjoyed the man people and everyone was trustworthy. I love working for this type of company, I never had any issue with management,.
Too fast paced
Gas Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC25 July 2017
I had to pump gas into 6 cars at times so lots of running around and no one else to help it would've been nice to have 2 guys work rather than one. I did get to know how to check under the hood from thus job.
Focus on Long Term Growth While Empasizing Safety and Integrity
Sr. Reservoir Engineer - Exploration (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 July 2017
Husky was a great work company for me to have worked for during the 13 years I spent with them. The other employees were for the most part very competent and caring individuals who took great pride in performing good work. The managers were focused and fair minded people that made good business decisions and worked with their staff on a personal level. Value growth was important to Husky but not at the expense of safety or integrity of operations. I feel maybe this part was over-emphasized as our competitors were able to achieve safe work environments but with much lower cost affecting Husky's competitiveness. That said I do respect Husky's commitment towards operating safely and responsibly - something the company's done in almost every environment possible making them a top quality oil and gas operator.
Pros
Overall Team competence, Operational Safety and Integrity
Cons
Project Cost Control, Competitiveness
Happy to work with this organization.
Assistant Gas station Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 July 2017
It was always fun to work with this management. Learnt alot about the business and mostly about the people, how they behave and the way they communicate.
Some challenges but overall a positive experience
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK10 July 2017
Over the years, I have gained numerous skills have been able to collaborate with a variety of great people. I have made a lot of memories that I will carry with me in my next career. The most difficult part of my job is adjusting to re-organization and the layoffs of my colleagues, but overall Husky has been a positive experience.
Pros
Numerous learning opportunities, warm and welcoming environment
Cons
Lack of communication between departments, unclear expectations
fun coworkers and health place
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB10 July 2017
i was give chance to work as cashier and be a manger at same time. few things i like about husky is that their management is good. same times it gets too busy
Pros
discount on foods
Cons
part time
Great personal learning, flat structure
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 July 2017
Pretty flat structure and great for personal learning. Not too much room for advancement and weak job rotation programs. As with many organizations in the current oil and gas downturn, there is an expectation to do more with less. Sometimes there are long days at the office.
Fun company to work for
Cashier customer service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 June 2017
All employees are treated equally.You get treated with appreciation and respect. Friendly staff and co workers.Your
hard work is acknowledged. And you receive full benefits.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Energy Leader
Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL28 June 2017
Husky keeps safety/environmental concerns at its forefront while ensuring performance standards are consistently met. Great company to work with and thrive!
A great place to work.
60 Hr Work Practicum (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SK26 June 2017
Great place to work, people are great, they practice what they preach, Family oriented, have great communication with the employees. Their employee training program is very through. Everyone is always willing to lend a hand and help you out.
Typical Day at work
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 June 2017
Long hour shift and have to repeat the same work all day long, it was boring job, no fun at all don't know what to do. no one there to help you or to tell you about the solution of the problem.
Workplace
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC19 June 2017
The first two years working there were fine, but once year 3 hit the little annoyances really started to wear on me. It didn't help that the Fuel Station environment is VERY disconnected from the main store--left it feeling very isolating, which would have been fine with me if it had just been a little observation station instead of a kiosk, but when there are a hundred (often irritable) customers coming in every day and barely any contact with fellow employees, the little annoyances start to outweigh the relaxing aspects. Also not helped by the fact that I never got a raise in the 4 years I worked there, and never really felt comfortable asking for one.
Pros
Free dinner and breakfast
Cons
Early shifts
Fast paced, Excellent facilities/Camp site, Great office space
On Site Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 June 2017
As a key player of teams in Husky Energy Project Controls I successfully worked on multi-million dollar projects (Husky Sunrise Phase 1) and multiple small sustaining projects. I came across many challenges, stood up, accepted them and delivering positive outcomes
its ok. not a bad job
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sparwood, BC18 June 2017
learned how to fill up propane tanks. also learned how to make a good service customer

hardest part of the job is when someone fill up gas and drive away.
Good work/life balance, good money, average management
Shift Engineer (Power Engineer, 2nd Class) (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK18 June 2017
Excellent work life balance if you're interested in living in Lloydminster full time. The wage and benefits are also substantial. The company is stable. Regarding management: if you're alright with being a minion you will love Husky.
Pros
Salary, benefits, shift schedule.
Cons
Management is not overly interested in your opinion.
Just a gas station
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC11 June 2017
There's really nothing good nor bad to say about this company. It's just a typical, entry level job position involving customers and policies and procedures.
having wonderful experience with the people around me love their company when working with them.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 June 2017
it was my wonderful experience in my life. have learned so much things with the co-workers. the most enjoyable part of the job is always smiling and greeting people with love and respect.
Pros
free lunch
Excellent
a) Project Planner & Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB, Saskatoon, Lloydminister Sask8 June 2017
Projects are always interesting, have many options to screen "to be environmentally friendly, economically feasible", require commitment, very challenging.and very well Rewarding..

These companies provide Excellent work Environment including facilities and offices.

All level of management and Upper management are very understanding, provides excellent environment to deal with.
Pros
Excellent
Great Company to work for
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 June 2017
I learned so much working at Husky as a HSE advisor. There were many great resources and learning opportunities. I met many amazing contacts and people I would love to call my friends
Pros
Many respurces
Cons
Not enough resources

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky Energy. Our community is ready to answer.