Husky Energy Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, SK2 December 2016
Was fun but mainly it was a good thing cause we were helping mother nature by cleaning the North Sask. river. the company was good to work with and i enjoyed my time with them.
Pros
free lunchs
Good overall working environment
Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK20 October 2016
Good working environment. I was there on a short contract. The Husky team was very helpful with all inquiries and necessary information. Husky took very good care of employees working long hours on this emergency job.
great
Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK11 September 2016
This Company is great to work for allowing for great work experiences along with home life. there plenty of ways to advance in the work life style and achieve your best
A productive place to wrok
Library Technician and Records Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 September 2016
Helped clients with library and records management inquiries. I enjoyed troubleshooting specific well record issues. I enjoyed working on and over seeing records management special project. My co-workers were always very helpful and I learned valuable knowledge from them.
Pay for performance
Land Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2016
If you are a high performer and like to be challenged I think this is an excellent place to work. Colleagues are great and in the business the management team was very responsive.
Pros
Challenging Work
It's alright
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 July 2016
pay is minimum. and work is headache. specially counting the smokes daily. you have to deal with cleaning, restocking, serving costumers, and shipments all alone
Pros
meet new people
Cons
sit in the same spot for the whole day
Okay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC15 July 2016
Job is okay to work with during school, not enough pay and management is not good at all. To much work and no appreciation
Pros
Good people
Cons
Not enough pay
Great team effort and company does care about their employees.
Commercial Sales Manager- Ontario, Quebec (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 July 2016
Great company to work for, they are growing and will do well! The compensation and work load is balanced. The decision makers do try to get all employees involved in the decision making.
Good work place
Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 July 2016
Good place to work. Very procedure oriented company with set work flows and check lists to apply to every project or scenario.
Career Advancement
Senior Construction Controls Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 June 2016
I enjoyed being at Husky Energy, they are a company that believes in personal advancement.
While there I was able to learn a variety of different aspects of the company and grow within.
Hard working and easy going, work very well with others.
Contract Operator (Former Employee) –  Cochrane AB.20 June 2016
Enjoy working with others and put my best foot forward every day, I am a very loyal and conscientious worker. I am quick to learn new tasks and show up each day punctually and with a smile on my face.
Pros
Very hard dedicated worker.
Cons
Temporary work.
Husky = a sugarcoated and sensationalized work environment
Downstream Accounting (Former Employee) –  Calgary6 June 2016
Working at Husky will have you:

1) Running faster and faster in circles trying to please upper management.

2) You'll lose the time and energy required to go after your goals and ambitions in life.

3) The day-to-day verbal abuse from management will take a toll on you mentally and you'll find yourself wanting to sink into a pool of water.

4) You'll find yourself waffling back and forth as to why you decided to work there.

5) Management lacks the willingness to take ownership for their mistakes and to put "respect" into action.

Overall, it's a high-stakes version of office politics with no opportunity for career advancement. Don't waste your time trying to build your career at Husky.
Pros
The work environement will help you realize what is important when finding a company
Cons
Poor management, lack of respect/diversity
good company
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 June 2016
good company,easy to understand the software,manager is very rude,managers not trained well,speak rudely with store representatives.working hours schedule is not bad.
Pros
day shift
Cons
night shift
OK place to work
Staff Process Safety Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2016
Not much for comments. Just to be cautious and careful. Not a diverse and culturally favorable. Racist management lays off visible minorities and other immigrants.
Pros
Good size
Cons
average place to work
Husky gas resources
Completions Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2016
enjoyed working at Husky, the people the atmosphere and their safety culture were key to my goals and interests. We were on the edge of new and exciting growth. when the price of oil tanked our project has now stalled.
Pros
work as much or as little as you needed too
Cons
price of oil fell
Great Job Autonomy
Junior Sales/Analyst, (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 April 2016
As a business analyst, I have been exposed to more than just analytics. Over time I have had the chance to work on the sales side of the business with the marketing team, including pricing work.
Typical days were very hectic and intense. A great team of very focused team members.
Project Procurement Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 April 2016
The company is very focused on profitability and cost management. The Supply Chain Management department had very cumbersome rules and procedures; which often hampered productivity. This became challenging on occasion when trying to maintain project schedules.
Fair Job
Site Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC13 April 2016
Flexibility and freedom to work on your own.
Corporate has no clue as to what running a store is really like.
Poor hourly rate for management and staff.
Pros
Create your own schedule
Cons
Corporate incompetance
Great Place to Work
Environmental Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 April 2016
Learned a lot about SAGD. Great new challenge to help further my tools for any employment opportunities which may come my way
It was a great place to work.
Facility Operator (Former Employee) –  Lashburn Sask.2 April 2016
Economic downturn was hard on a lot of people myself included. I enjoyed working for Husky over all. I learned quite a bit and appreciated the opportunity.