Husky Energy

Husky Energy Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company to work for.
Senior Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: Great benefits, flexicble hours, good environment
Cons: None
Great company to work for. Unfortunately the oil crisis is pushing companies to lay off people.
I loved to work for Husky these 5 years.

Management is excellent, respectful and encourage the team to get training and develop themselves.

Great team to work with.
Great learning experience
Master Data Analyst (Intern) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: Great work environment, supportive team
Cons: n/a
As a summer intern for Husky, all duties and responsibilities are clearly explained and the team was very supportive. Once they knew I could work efficiently on my own, I had little supervision which allowed me to understand the job better.
Honest effords and achievements are not their highest priority or acknowledgements.
accounting technician (Former Employee), CalgaryJanuary 16, 2016
To many people in the wrong roles and human resources are obvious to whats really going on regardless of there non bullying posters all over.
Incivility on a daily basis
Deskside Support Analyst (Former Employee), Lloydminster, SKJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: excellent 'work' opportunity
Cons: incivility, workplace bullying, corporate mentalities and culture
The 'work' was excellent. The personal interactions with management and senior staff... not so much.

I learned a new word working at Husky. "Incivility"

There were two senior staff members in my area (one of them the manager) that were adept at rude, condescending, bullying type behaviors. I found it very toxic. After my 6 month contract was up I had mixed feelings about leaving.

Overall Husky is your typical corporate environment. They ask that you put the company first while they put the people last. Lots of bonuses at the top and lots of cuts at the bottom. Watch what you say and who you say it to. Smile a lot and kiss the right behinds.
not a family oriented company
Document Controller (Secondee) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 13, 2016
Company Management is not great compared to other companies. I have learned a lot only too much pressure on a day to day work load. Co-workers sometimes are good. the job is easy and the most enjoyable part of the job I would say is constant learning.
You can see the difference you are making .... every day
Project Controller (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 7, 2015
A very engaging and rewarding place to be at. Supportive management and awesome team atmosphere. Excellent lessons learned database.
interesting place to work with a broad portfolio of operations
Pipeline integrity engineer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 12, 2015
a company with diverse technical challenges. good company to learn and apply the fundamentals of pipeline integrity. different pipeline materials and streams make Husky good place to develop your potential
Fun work place
Infrastructure Management (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 5, 2015
Pros: coffee breaks
Was a good place to work. very professional work space.
Money was good. the people were great to work with. Lots of room for advancement
Productive and fun workplace.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Lloydminster, SKNovember 4, 2015
Pros: the best work place ever
Cons: Long hours
Overall rating is excellent. It was the best work place ever. I had so much fun, my co-workers were the best friends. Productive and fun workplace.
Productive place to work amid falling oil prices
accounting technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 4, 2015
Pros: Great team leads, organized culture
Cons: Morale on the low side.
My time at Husky was amid a large drop in oil prices. Moral wasn't exceptionally high and communication among co-workers was kept to a minimum. Would be a great place to work in ideal economic conditions. Overall, enjoyed my time there but it could have been better if oil was higher.
a great place to work.great camp,clean,good food.nice gym.clean safe job site.
Iron Worker (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 1, 2015
Pros: great comunication
Cons: job security
a great bunch of guys.The camp was great,your own bath,food was great,clean.Safety meetings were very informative.and gave a safe place to work.
productive and busy work place
Custodian (Current Employee), SKOctober 25, 2015
Pros: we have free lunch once a week
Cons: it is a contract job
it is fun and challenging job for me. good bosses and people. I've learned a lot... i just started driving when i got hired and i improved myself a lot driving around the site with different kind of machinery around. very busy which keeps me going and it feels so fast through out the day that i worked.. i have more time for my kid on my days off.. i have 2 weeks busy time at work and i really enjoyed my time off with family...
Working Culture
Facility Engineer (Project Lead) (Former Employee), Calgary ABOctober 22, 2015
Pros: Friendly working Environment
Cons: Less job security
I enjoyed working at Husky Energy. Working culture is quite comfortable for people from different backgrounds. I recommend new immigrants to find available opportunity at Husky Energy. :)
Great workplace, managers care and very family orientated.
Well Site Leader (Former Employee), All over AlbertaOctober 19, 2015
Personnel at Husky are great, managers care, company cares about you and your family. Great benefits and great pay. The company cares about their workers.
Poorly managed
Deskside Support Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 15, 2015
Pros: Great coffee machines
Cons: Incompetent bosses
The right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing. Seemed like there was a lot of rush to get things done with very little coordination and communication. No one knew where anything was if it's outside Calgary.
Great
Co-op (Current Employee), NewfoundlandOctober 14, 2015
Husky Energy is an offshore oil and gas operator in Newfoundland and Labrador. It was a great place to work as a co-op student and we were treated like full time employees. the work was great and meaningful.
Good Management
Material Engineer/MDM Analyst -Contract (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 4, 2015
Pros: Good compensation, facilities, management
It's a great company with excellent management, facilities, compensation. Great place to learn and apply those knowledge to your job.
Excellent Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 11, 2015
Pros: Honesty at the store
Cons: Best customer service
Excellent customer service and satisfied customers. customers leave premises happily and praise customer service.They always respond positively and go happily after shopping with the store.
And the always get best service in return from the store.
Good work during studies
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 28, 2015
I found this job to fulfil my expense during my studies ,and it turn out to be a good experience getting job which helped me a lot in improving my customer skills as well as my management skill
Very enjoyable, buy a lot of time away from home
Electrical Technician (Current Employee), Offshore NLAugust 26, 2015
Being away from family on a regular basic. Working with other trades, the pressure of getting the plant running, working with 13.8kv, working in a harsh envioriment (offshore)
Headquarters