Husky Energy Employee Reviews in Canada

Husky gas resources
Completions Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 24, 2016
enjoyed working at Husky, the people the atmosphere and their safety culture were key to my goals and interests. We were on the edge of new and exciting growth. when the price of oil tanked our project has now stalled.
Pros
work as much or as little as you needed too
Cons
price of oil fell
Great Job Autonomy
Junior Sales/Analyst, (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 20, 2016
As a business analyst, I have been exposed to more than just analytics. Over time I have had the chance to work on the sales side of the business with the marketing team, including pricing work.
Typical days were very hectic and intense. A great team of very focused team members.
Project Procurement Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 18, 2016
The company is very focused on profitability and cost management. The Supply Chain Management department had very cumbersome rules and procedures; which often hampered productivity. This became challenging on occasion when trying to maintain project schedules.
Fair Job
Site Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BCApril 13, 2016
Flexibility and freedom to work on your own.
Corporate has no clue as to what running a store is really like.
Poor hourly rate for management and staff.
Pros
Create your own schedule
Cons
Corporate incompetance
Great Place to Work
Environmental Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 11, 2016
Learned a lot about SAGD. Great new challenge to help further my tools for any employment opportunities which may come my way
It was a great place to work.
Facility Operator (Former Employee) –  Lashburn Sask.April 2, 2016
Economic downturn was hard on a lot of people myself included. I enjoyed working for Husky over all. I learned quite a bit and appreciated the opportunity.
Excellent workplace
Reservoir Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2016
Husky Energy is an excellent place to work. The people are friendly and management always tries to keep employees in the loop about the direction of the company. Senior engineers are always open to help you with whatever needed.
Good place to work with great people.
Production Foreman (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, ABMarch 29, 2016
Advanced my career into a supervisory position that gave me skills to manage properties and people. I learned a lot about risk management and process safety while in this role. My co-workers were all good people with a diversity in culture and values. Most enjoyed part of the job was working with a variety of people and groups.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
High expectations that cut into work/life
poor management
Downstream Group (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 17, 2016
Husky has long been known as an industry lager. Unfortunately poor management throughout the company can be viewed as the reason for this. Husky has a long history of under performing in its stock price, and under performing with financial results. It has never been viewed as a great place to work and unfortunately even with a recent change in upper management the culture has not changed. Employees at Husky are not valued, advancement only occurs based on the number of years you work there and the HR department is one of the worst i have every seen in more than 25 years of working both in canada and the US.
Until the culture changes, and there are significant changes at the mid to upper management levels Husky will continue to be viewed as one of the worst large companies to work at in Calgary.
Diversity is the word when working at Husky
Document Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 12, 2016
Everyone is given the freedom to be himself/herself. encouragement to bring the best into the workplace. Excellent team spirit.
Pros
Feel at home
Cons
A lot of meetings which sometimes impact on your effort to put in your best on what you do
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  CalgaryMarch 9, 2016
Learned and grew personally and professionally. Management could do better in leveraging employee expertise. Enjoyed working with the people.
Great company and team
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 1, 2016
Husky was a great company to work for - they invested in staff to assist in your progression.
No two projects were the same - problem solving was always required to resolve issues.
I identified system improvements and implemented them which reduced the need for manual updates.
The most enjoyable part(s) was implementing a change which significantly improved performance or a departments compliance.
Husky is an excellent company
Lead Inspector Ram River District (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mountain HouseFebruary 25, 2016
Husky is an excellent company. Desire to find another employer is based on personal issues. Enjoy working for Husky very much.
Pros
Husky is an excellent company
Cons
Husky is an excellent company
I admired the CEO of the company a lot.
Process Engineer Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, ABFebruary 25, 2016
Company showed a lot of compassion and was very reluctant to let staff go even in the face of dwindling revenue.

Team work
Acceptable
Great co-workers
Alignment with other groups in the OSBU
Fun environment
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Oil sands project delays
IT Contractor
Contract IT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2016
It's hard to write positive review after the way IT laid off people a couple weeks ago. The business people are great to work with, but IT seems to have an ego that needs to keep being fuelled. I heard of IT people being told they were let got by their recruiter, not the person they actually reported to.
Pros
Business attitude is great to work with
Cons
IT is micro managed and then dismisses people without actually telling them
Fast and fun place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABFebruary 18, 2016
Usually it is busy before lottery cut off time. Awesome coworkers and boss. Have learned a lot about dealing with different customers and handling pressure.
Very well structured Company
SAFETY ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SKFebruary 17, 2016
Husky is a very friendly, respectful and professional place to work . Great safety awareness at all levels, People are not afraid to say stop and evaluate any task.
Always open to opinions on growth .
Great management team
Superintendent Calgary Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 13, 2016
The management team at husky was very accommodating and supportive. They made great efforts to help you feel like you were making a difference in the company.
Pros
productive office atmosphere, cheaper rates on parking
Cons
Multiple meetings, redundant paper work
Great company to work for.
Senior Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2016
Great company to work for. Unfortunately the oil crisis is pushing companies to lay off people.
I loved to work for Husky these 5 years.

Management is excellent, respectful and encourage the team to get training and develop themselves.

Great team to work with.
Pros
Great benefits, flexicble hours, good environment
Great learning experience
Master Data Analyst (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 28, 2016
As a summer intern for Husky, all duties and responsibilities are clearly explained and the team was very supportive. Once they knew I could work efficiently on my own, I had little supervision which allowed me to understand the job better.
Pros
Great work environment, supportive team
Cons
n/a