Husky Energy Employee Reviews

Loved the work and most coworkers were great but being a temp makes things hard sometimes in a typical office environment
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK10 December 2016
Great place to work. Employees are treated great. Being a temp in an office situation has it's challenges. Some employee's feel threatened because you are doing the work they didn't want to do themselves. If I could have been a permanent employee I would still be there.
Pros
Fat Friday is one there was always something fun going on
Cons
Temp
Closed Work Place
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 December 2016
The environment was very toxic. There are brilliant people working there in the wrong positions.

Start early and chained to your desk
Too many meetings
Management doesn't have the proper structure in place (in my opinion)

I really enjoyed the people, they were great!
A productive place to wrok
Library Technician and Records Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 September 2016
Helped clients with library and records management inquiries. I enjoyed troubleshooting specific well record issues. I enjoyed working on and over seeing records management special project. My co-workers were always very helpful and I learned valuable knowledge from them.
Good overall working environment
Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK20 October 2016
Good working environment. I was there on a short contract. The Husky team was very helpful with all inquiries and necessary information. Husky took very good care of employees working long hours on this emergency job.
Fun workplace
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, SK2 December 2016
Was fun but mainly it was a good thing cause we were helping mother nature by cleaning the North Sask. river. the company was good to work with and i enjoyed my time with them.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
Husky = a sugarcoated and sensationalized work environment
Downstream Accounting (Former Employee) –  Calgary6 June 2016
Working at Husky will have you:

1) Running faster and faster in circles trying to please upper management.

2) You'll lose the time and energy required to go after your goals and ambitions in life.

3) The day-to-day verbal abuse from management will take a toll on you mentally and you'll find yourself wanting to sink into a pool of water.

4) You'll find yourself waffling back and forth as to why you decided to work there.

5) Management lacks the willingness to take ownership for their mistakes and to put "respect" into action.

Overall, it's a high-stakes version of office politics with no opportunity for career advancement. Don't waste your time trying to build your career at Husky.
Pros
The work environement will help you realize what is important when finding a company
Cons
Poor management, lack of respect/diversity
Productive fun place to work
Field Operator (Former Employee) –  Shouldice11 January 2017
I enjoyed working for Husky, but they sold the properties and I was not part of the new ownership plans.I am currently looking for new opportunities.
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 December 2016
Communicate with all typ of people

Making a conversation

Making everyone happy

Checking of everything

Atention for all the place

Repict and smiling to all customers
Pros
Free lunch
Great team effort and company does care about their employees.
Commercial Sales Manager- Ontario, Quebec (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 July 2016
Great company to work for, they are growing and will do well! The compensation and work load is balanced. The decision makers do try to get all employees involved in the decision making.
Hard working and easy going, work very well with others.
Contract Operator (Former Employee) –  Cochrane AB.20 June 2016
Enjoy working with others and put my best foot forward every day, I am a very loyal and conscientious worker. I am quick to learn new tasks and show up each day punctually and with a smile on my face.
Pros
Very hard dedicated worker.
Cons
Temporary work.
great
Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK11 September 2016
This Company is great to work for allowing for great work experiences along with home life. there plenty of ways to advance in the work life style and achieve your best
It's alright
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 July 2016
pay is minimum. and work is headache. specially counting the smokes daily. you have to deal with cleaning, restocking, serving costumers, and shipments all alone
Pros
meet new people
Cons
sit in the same spot for the whole day
Typical days were very hectic and intense. A great team of very focused team members.
Project Procurement Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 April 2016
The company is very focused on profitability and cost management. The Supply Chain Management department had very cumbersome rules and procedures; which often hampered productivity. This became challenging on occasion when trying to maintain project schedules.
Pay for performance
Land Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2016
If you are a high performer and like to be challenged I think this is an excellent place to work. Colleagues are great and in the business the management team was very responsive.
Pros
Challenging Work
Career Advancement
Senior Construction Controls Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 June 2016
I enjoyed being at Husky Energy, they are a company that believes in personal advancement.
While there I was able to learn a variety of different aspects of the company and grow within.
Good place to work with great people.
Production Foreman (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB29 March 2016
Advanced my career into a supervisory position that gave me skills to manage properties and people. I learned a lot about risk management and process safety while in this role. My co-workers were all good people with a diversity in culture and values. Most enjoyed part of the job was working with a variety of people and groups.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
High expectations that cut into work/life
Husky gas resources
Completions Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2016
enjoyed working at Husky, the people the atmosphere and their safety culture were key to my goals and interests. We were on the edge of new and exciting growth. when the price of oil tanked our project has now stalled.
Pros
work as much or as little as you needed too
Cons
price of oil fell
poor management
Downstream Group (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 March 2016
Husky has long been known as an industry lager. Unfortunately poor management throughout the company can be viewed as the reason for this. Husky has a long history of under performing in its stock price, and under performing with financial results. It has never been viewed as a great place to work and unfortunately even with a recent change in upper management the culture has not changed. Employees at Husky are not valued, advancement only occurs based on the number of years you work there and the HR department is one of the worst i have every seen in more than 25 years of working both in canada and the US.
Until the culture changes, and there are significant changes at the mid to upper management levels Husky will continue to be viewed as one of the worst large companies to work at in Calgary.
good company
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 June 2016
good company,easy to understand the software,manager is very rude,managers not trained well,speak rudely with store representatives.working hours schedule is not bad.
Pros
day shift
Cons
night shift
Great company and team
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2016
Husky was a great company to work for - they invested in staff to assist in your progression.
No two projects were the same - problem solving was always required to resolve issues.
I identified system improvements and implemented them which reduced the need for manual updates.
The most enjoyable part(s) was implementing a change which significantly improved performance or a departments compliance.