Husky Energy Employee Reviews

great
Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SKSeptember 11, 2016
This Company is great to work for allowing for great work experiences along with home life. there plenty of ways to advance in the work life style and achieve your best
Pay for performance
Land Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 18, 2016
If you are a high performer and like to be challenged I think this is an excellent place to work. Colleagues are great and in the business the management team was very responsive.
Pros
Challenging Work
It's alright
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 16, 2016
pay is minimum. and work is headache. specially counting the smokes daily. you have to deal with cleaning, restocking, serving costumers, and shipments all alone
Pros
meet new people
Cons
sit in the same spot for the whole day
Okay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCJuly 15, 2016
Job is okay to work with during school, not enough pay and management is not good at all. To much work and no appreciation
Pros
Good people
Cons
Not enough pay
Great team effort and company does care about their employees.
Commercial Sales Manager- Ontario, Quebec (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 12, 2016
Great company to work for, they are growing and will do well! The compensation and work load is balanced. The decision makers do try to get all employees involved in the decision making.
Good work place
Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 4, 2016
Good place to work. Very procedure oriented company with set work flows and check lists to apply to every project or scenario.
Career Advancement
Senior Construction Controls Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 27, 2016
I enjoyed being at Husky Energy, they are a company that believes in personal advancement.
While there I was able to learn a variety of different aspects of the company and grow within.
Hard working and easy going, work very well with others.
Contract Operator (Former Employee) –  Cochrane AB.June 20, 2016
Enjoy working with others and put my best foot forward every day, I am a very loyal and conscientious worker. I am quick to learn new tasks and show up each day punctually and with a smile on my face.
Pros
Very hard dedicated worker.
Cons
Temporary work.
Husky = a sugarcoated and sensationalized work environment
Downstream Accounting (Former Employee) –  CalgaryJune 6, 2016
Working at Husky will have you:

1) Running faster and faster in circles trying to please upper management.

2) You'll lose the time and energy required to go after your goals and ambitions in life.

3) The day-to-day verbal abuse from management will take a toll on you mentally and you'll find yourself wanting to sink into a pool of water.

4) You'll find yourself waffling back and forth as to why you decided to work there.

5) Management lacks the willingness to take ownership for their mistakes and to put "respect" into action.

Overall, it's a high-stakes version of office politics with no opportunity for career advancement. Don't waste your time trying to build your career at Husky.
Pros
The work environement will help you realize what is important when finding a company
Cons
Poor management, lack of respect/diversity
good company
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 2, 2016
good company,easy to understand the software,manager is very rude,managers not trained well,speak rudely with store representatives.working hours schedule is not bad.
Pros
day shift
Cons
night shift
Wide Range of Opportunities
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 24, 2016
Join Husky Energy

As one of Canada's largest integrated energy companies, Husky is proud of its people, diversity and commitment to social responsibility.

People

People are one of the main reasons for Husky's success. The Company invests in its employees and provides the challenges and opportunities necessary to grow and succeed. Husky offers a competitive compensation package, career options and advancement on numerous projects.

Diversity and Inclusion

Husky embraces diversity and inclusion, and encourages a respectful workplace. Husky works to ensure that all staff feel respected, included and valued. The Company attracts the best talent by encouraging applications from all qualified individuals, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.

Social Responsibility

Husky is committed to responsible corporate citizenship.

This includes the integration of social, environmental and economic considerations into its core businesses while engaging key stakeholders and conducting business in an ethical manner.
OK place to work
Staff Process Safety Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 17, 2016
Not much for comments. Just to be cautious and careful. Not a diverse and culturally favorable. Racist management lays off visible minorities and other immigrants.
Pros
Good size
Cons
average place to work
Husky gas resources
Completions Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 24, 2016
enjoyed working at Husky, the people the atmosphere and their safety culture were key to my goals and interests. We were on the edge of new and exciting growth. when the price of oil tanked our project has now stalled.
Pros
work as much or as little as you needed too
Cons
price of oil fell
Great Job Autonomy
Junior Sales/Analyst, (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 20, 2016
As a business analyst, I have been exposed to more than just analytics. Over time I have had the chance to work on the sales side of the business with the marketing team, including pricing work.
Typical days were very hectic and intense. A great team of very focused team members.
Project Procurement Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 18, 2016
The company is very focused on profitability and cost management. The Supply Chain Management department had very cumbersome rules and procedures; which often hampered productivity. This became challenging on occasion when trying to maintain project schedules.
Fair Job
Site Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BCApril 13, 2016
Flexibility and freedom to work on your own.
Corporate has no clue as to what running a store is really like.
Poor hourly rate for management and staff.
Pros
Create your own schedule
Cons
Corporate incompetance
Great Place to Work
Environmental Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 11, 2016
Learned a lot about SAGD. Great new challenge to help further my tools for any employment opportunities which may come my way
It was a great place to work.
Facility Operator (Former Employee) –  Lashburn Sask.April 2, 2016
Economic downturn was hard on a lot of people myself included. I enjoyed working for Husky over all. I learned quite a bit and appreciated the opportunity.
Excellent workplace
Reservoir Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2016
Husky Energy is an excellent place to work. The people are friendly and management always tries to keep employees in the loop about the direction of the company. Senior engineers are always open to help you with whatever needed.
Good place to work with great people.
Production Foreman (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, ABMarch 29, 2016
Advanced my career into a supervisory position that gave me skills to manage properties and people. I learned a lot about risk management and process safety while in this role. My co-workers were all good people with a diversity in culture and values. Most enjoyed part of the job was working with a variety of people and groups.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
High expectations that cut into work/life