Husky Energy Employee Reviews

Husky
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 April 2017
currently, i am employee of the husky energy. i am working as cashier so i learn lot of things like how to interact with customer in qualitative manner and how to develop customer relationships. so, it teach me too many things and I am thankful to that manager for giving me this kind of opportunity.
Excellent company to work for
Accounting Technician (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL25 April 2017
Great company to work for. They have very knowledgable employees and management who help you learn and grow. The pay and benefits package is well above average and there are many opporunties to build and grow your career.
Good place to work for a long time.
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2017
I worked for Husky for over 20 years before they sold our areas in the past year due to the downturn in the economy in Alberta. In that 20 years I was treated very well with good compensation and benefits and enjoyed it very much. Husky rewarded us for good work and made it an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Good compensation and benefit package.
Cons
Company downsizing due to economic climate in Alberta.
Great company
Operator (Former Employee) –  Provost, AB22 April 2017
Loved working there, employees were looked after well. Limit to advancement however as average age of management is 40's. I would recommend working there.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
On call
A great place to work! The people are friendly and highly motivated.
Senior Staff Geologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary18 April 2017
A typical day at Husky starts with a quick team meeting to discuss project status. To work at Husky one must have great communication skills and strong project planning skills.
Pros
Training and skills development provided by Geological services.
Cons
To many levels of Management
always looking over your shoulder
Employee (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK16 April 2017
While Husky offered a great wage, there was always grumbling in the ranks due to management mistakes and heavy-handedness. Some of the common mistakes were to indulge bad behaviour in some employees, especially operators. If they were to lay you off, it was a quick handshake and a talk about thanks for your service then a rush to get you out the door. Not very conducive to a nice working environment
Pros
many little gifts and celebatory lunches
Cons
unstable work environemnt, cliques, no job stability
supportive management, positive environment
Contractor Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2017
Was hired for maternity leave... extended to cover vacations and special projects. Casual, open minded environment, Approachable caring management.
not a good place to work
Turnaround & Project Planner / Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 April 2017
Poor management, poor communication, always cutting back.
Contractors treated badly, promised bonuses were cancelled.
Two pay cuts in 12 months.
Camp life was none existent.
Very Good place to work at
CMT QA E/I Coordinator Sunrise Project (Former Employee) –  Huskey Sunrise5 April 2017
Company treated the workers quite well. Met some great people at this project from which I have developed great friendships with. Very much looking forward to working with them again.
Great place to work.
Sr. Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2017
Great atmosphere to work. Respectful environment with an open office concept to encourage teamwork and cooperation. Good management. Great salary and benefits. The organization values family and team bonding. You are in charge of your own success with a lot of training and career advancement opportunities.
good company to work for
Contract Operator (Former Employee) –  Alberta17 March 2017
Had a great time working for Husky at the Haig plant,was a fly in job,lots of experience in operating wells and plants,tested wells with argos had a great camp to live there worked a 15 day in 13 day out shift 10 hr days,lots of quading to wells and other plant sites
Pros
Good company to work for
Drilling Supervisor (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 March 2017
it is good working for husky. I will keep working for husky as long as they have work or something better comes up. I just wish job security was better there.
Great environment
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary13 March 2017
The work environment was engaging, challenging, and fun. My role at Husky allowed me to grow my understanding of a professional business environment as well as my communication and time management skills.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
poor A/C
Husky Energy
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2017
Husky has been a great place to work. Great flexibility with their hours and and a good work/life balance if you have a family. Room for advancement and a solid company to be with for the long haul.
Good people
Records Technician Document Control Group (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB1 March 2017
Good place to work with great people, the job itself was a little repetitive, but was able to mix it up with a few other duties,
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with some of the other employees
Amazing workplace
Production Engineering Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 February 2017
One of the best places to work in engineering. Amazing workplace with a great work culture with lots of benefits and good pay.
Wellsite Drilling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 January 2017
A good company Safety first but did not look after contractors when prices fell. Would like to work with them again.Good management support.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Slow work due to oil prices
Very good company to work for
Contract Operator (Former Employee) –  Bow Island, AB24 January 2017
I had no real problems to complain about They were fair in all aspects that a work place should be. The reason I left and to work on my own was my decision because I was unsure if I had a job or not.
Pros
Supplied what I needed to get work done at the work place
Cons
Can't say anything really
great work with Husky
QA Mechanical Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 January 2017
I worked with Husky Energy under the Husky Sunrise Quality Team and Husky people are all great and cooperative in term of any situation comes out. My Manager is very supportive and the Construction Team as well. I can say, its a good team work.
Pros
free Fly in and Fly out
Productive fun place to work
Field Operator (Former Employee) –  Shouldice11 January 2017
I enjoyed working for Husky, but they sold the properties and I was not part of the new ownership plans.I am currently looking for new opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky Energy. Our community is ready to answer.