*This position is in Red Deer, AB. Only candidates with previous experience within oil and gas will be considered.*
This position is responsible for our attraction and retention strategy and coordination of recruiting activities. This position will identify job openings and employ the appropriate recruitment methods to attract applicants to fill these openings to ensure a seamless operation of all service rigs.
- Review resumes and contact applicants
- Track applications, resumes and responses to specified ads in order to identify recruitment trends and future strategies
- Interview, orient and process new hire documentation
- Maintain personnel files
- Issue inter-company tickets and maintain personnel database
- Ensure holiday coverage and crew placement as required
- Market us externally to prospective employees at career fairs, oil shows, other venues
- Develop and implement variety of methods for sourcing prospective employees
- Ensure we remain competitive from external perspective and are viewed as
“Company of choice” within our industry
- Act as a backup for Personnel Coordinator and additional duties as required.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Communication (verbal and written), listening and interpersonal skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Strong interviewing and networking skills
- Ability to market and sell company externally
- Previous oil and gas service industry experience considered an asset
- Service and drilling rig knowledge considered an asset
Required Performance Standards:
- Enforces and adheres to all policies and procedures
- Enforces and adheres to all HSE standards and policies
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment
- Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to high quality products, services and customer satisfaction
- Look for and identify opportunities to improve processes, reduce waste and reduce company costs
- Upholds good attendance and timeline
- Knowledge of business operations.
- Post secondary education with concentration in business/human resources preferred
- Experience with behavioral and competency based interviewing
- MS office working knowledge
Hunt-Scanlon Corporation is a leading market research firm, online data provider and industry consultant to the executive recruiting and...