We are seeking an Electronic Design Engineer with previous DOWN HOLE TOOL design experience to work in our Calgary, Alberta facility.
You must be legally entitled to work in CANADA
APPLICANTS WITHOUT RELEVANT ELECTRONIC DESIGN EXPERIENCE (DOWN HOLE LOGGING / DATA ACQUISITION TOOLS) WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
Your role as an Electronic Design Engineer will include:
- Electronic circuit design including digital, sensor circuitry and switching power supplies.
- Technical documentation and process improvement.
- System specification and software specification.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience with down hole tool design is essential.
- Self starter, demonstrates initiative, detailed oriented.
- Degree in a relevant technical subject.
- Solid knowledge of digital and analog electronics
- Good understanding of general physics, engineering math and control theory.
- Experience with circuit simulation tools, e.g. Spice a distinct advantage
- Experience with PCB layout tools.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
The successful applicant will be an innovative self starter who is capable of working as a key part of an energetic design team.
About the company:
Hunter Well Science are developers and manufacturers of Cased Hole Logging technology for the international Oil & Gas industries.
Our head office and primary manufacturing centre is in Calgary, Alberta. Client Geoscience support is provided by HWS Petrophysics in Arlington, Texas and we have a representative office in Beijing, China.
With clients in North America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, South East Asia and China we are growing and earning an enviable reputation for innovative products, quality, support and on time delivery.