HUNTER ENGINEERING Employee Reviews

Poor management, poor salesman, poor leadership organizational wide
Service Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 9, 2016
You DO NOT want to work for this company. Service rep position is commissionable work only! If the customer does not pay you don't look to anyone to help you collect! You provide the services and parts up front and wait on payment. Not worth the time or money. If salesman is not selling equipment in your area, again, you are not making any money!
Pros
Cons
Long waits on payments from customers, no help from leaders in the company, leaders in company do not listen to concerns
Its a positive work environment that has supportive coworkers.
Mechanical Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJanuary 6, 2016
Hunter Engineering is a family owned business. This is reflected in how they take care of their employees. The environment is very supportive for creative thinking. Hunter engineering is always looking to push the leading edge of automotive service equipment.
Pros
Has on-sight gym.
Cons
The schedule is not very flexible.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMay 16, 2016
Hunter Engineering is a great place to work. The company has great benefits such as time sharing, medical, paid time off (PTO) and excellent retirement benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Micro Managing
hunter is fair and considerate
Assembler/Forklift Certified (Current Employee) –  raymond ms.April 27, 2016
Hunter is a awesome company to work for. Hunter is a team oriented company. Hunter predicates itself on quality but allows the patience to achieve its goals
Good place to work if you are looking for something while furthering you education
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MONovember 14, 2015
This job pays pretty good. The Union is horrible, they raise the union dues and then they do not back you when you need them unless it is an easy case. They have grievances against the company every day. When you walk in the door, everything that you were taught for common sense throw it out the window, everything works backwards there. Management except for a few need to be replaced, there have been grievances against them also. Human Resources will try every way to fire you if you stand up to them or if they do not like you.
Productive, Safe, and Challenging
Welder (Current Employee) –  Raymond, MSDecember 15, 2015
My place of employment is a very fun, safe, and productive environment. My co workers is very easy going, I enjoy my job, because its very challenging, to carry me to the next step in my career.
Pros
Community Service, Food drive, Clothes drive, for families in need .
Cons
The job doesnt offer many hours
Hunter is an awesome place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Raymond, MSJune 3, 2016
The pay was great for an easy job. Co workers were friendly and management was good. Room for advancement. Great training.
production is fun always pushing for more
Machine Operator/Setup (Former Employee) –  Raymond, MSApril 16, 2015
i learn to set-up machines break them down and put them back together at a fast pace ensure that production is made They always made their employee feel like family.The hardest part was learning to set-up but once i learn it was simple.
Pros
free food when production is made
Cons
short breaks
Nice enviornment to work in
Material Handler/Shipping and paintin (Current Employee) –  Durant, MSFebruary 20, 2015
A typical day at work would be, a hard days work 10rs a day. I've learned a lot there, like driving forklifts and handling machines. Management is ok and I get along with my co workers. The hardest part of my job is not getting enough hours. But I enjoy it because I like what I do and the pay is decent.
Pros
they feed us lunch every once in a while
Cons
short breaks
Great working environment always meeting new clients and customers.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CADecember 10, 2014
In a typical day at work we deal with a wide range of clients from Mercedes dealerships to your everyday mom and pop tire shop. I get to learn and utilize great customer service skills and well as problem solving techniques. My co worker (my boss) is a hardworking man who I admire. The hardest part of my job would be the long working hours with no breaks sometimes.
Pros
great environment doing what i love.
Cons
short or no breaks
Productivity and work experience.
Quality Engineer Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Durant, MSNovember 29, 2013
While interning at Hunter I learned many things, For instance how important it is to know the task at hand and working well with the entire plant to accomplish many tasks. Also, how important it is to adapt to your surroundings and ask for help instead of going to a problem blind. Self Autonomy is very essential into supervising and management because it shows your Willingness to exceed through tough circumstances. Hardest part is dealing with different people and different attitudes but its apart of the job to be able to adapt to your environment and make it better.
Pros
interactions with the workers on a learning basis.
Cons
n/a
Very good company to work with.
Technical and Training representative (Former Employee) –  Two counties in Ohio, Summit and Portage.March 10, 2013
Senior automotive technical and training manager,with expertise in business development, training development and service. Recognized as an outstanding leader consistently, delivering the highest level of customer service and satisfaction.

The most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with the customers.
A typical day was going to businesses diagnosing and repairing various types of automotive wheel service equipment.
The learning was daily,after the time spent on the equipment the problems get easier to repair. Also we had a national service neeting to get hands on training on the new equipment that was to be released.
Excellent privately owned company
Technical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  SE OhioMarch 25, 2013
My duties involved prospecting, demonstrating, & selling diagnostic automotive equipment over 1/3 of the state of Ohio. It was a tightly managed organization, providing the "top of the line" equipment. The economy changed for the worst toward the end of my tenure & I did not make quota. Fair is fair. My territory was SE Ohio to WV border which is the poverty side of the state. A few good towns but most were having economic difficulties.
Pros
great product, support, camaraderie with fellow employee's
Cons
my geographic territory had never been assigned prior to me.
Good company for self business oriented people.
Technician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2014
Hunter Technician and assistants have to work many different hats. Since the nature of the position is to service Hunter brand equipment, technicians must be capable of service, fix and install their equipment. The repairs can be of electrical, mechanical, or software. As well as carrying all the invoicing and business relationship with the dealerships.
Depressing
Supervisor-Production Control (Former Employee) –  Raymond, MSApril 24, 2012
There was a lot of favoritism and fingerpointing. The company ran off of a hot list, so everyday brought a new firedrill. There were a lot of quality issues also. Engineering was pretty weak. It was a well known fact that women were paid less than men.
Pros
profit sharing was generous
Cons
no support from the boss
fun place to work.
Structural Welder (Former Employee) –  Durant, MSMarch 20, 2014
Built R.X plates for maintenance and upkeep of 18 wheelers; positioned and secured parts and assemblies according to specifications; installed and/ or repaired equipment and welded components and assemblies; produced at least 16 R.X base plates per day (daily quota was 10)
Pros
30mins
Cons
15mins
Great Company, Busy work enviroment
Customer Service / Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMay 22, 2013
I have enjoyed my time at Hunter Engineering. I have made a lot of friends and strong relationships with outside vendors as well. I answer switchboard and dispatch Field Reps to locations needing service from our reps. I have learned a lot in my time here. I have learned how to time manage and work interdependently, how to juggle multiple tasks at any given time. I was always a pretty good multi-tasker but now I am much more capable of handling several different things at one time. The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with our Field Reps and our National Account customers. I have developed relationships with a lot of them and always enjoy talking to them and helping them getting the job done and making sure everything is correct and up to date.
Pros
fun bonuses (baseball tickets), company sponsored events, some of the people i get to work with
Cons
trouble taking time off when necessary, low compensation
Great job/work environment turns hostile with helicopter bosses
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 22, 2013
I worked at Hunter for 3.5 years and had a great run! Won several awards and competitions for 2.5 years, then got a new manager. He started calling every day, hovering, and micro-managing. Was told that this was the "new" Hunter, and saw evidence of this in all the new managers.

Huge commission checks are eaten up by taxes, expenses, insurance, and marketing! I made $100k+ in commission every year, and my tax return showed only $13k in taxable income... this was not a stretch. THIS IS A COMMISSION-ONLY JOB! YOU DON'T SELL, YOU DON'T EAT!

Don't buy the bull! This is a terrible company to work for! All salesmen in the territory have been or are getting fired! Look at all the job posts! There is EXTREMELY high turnover right now because they want to get rid of those who remember the way things were and hire young, hungry, and ignorant sales reps who don't know any better.

This place has gone to hell in a hand-basket. DO NOT ACCEPT A JOB OFFER!!! BE WARNED!!!
Pros
very decent commission, used to be a great place to work
Cons
commission-only pay, taxes, expenses, and insurance eat it all up!