HUNTER ENGINEERING

HUNTER ENGINEERING Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun place to work.
Structural Welder (Former Employee), Durant, MSMarch 20, 2014
Pros: 30mins
Cons: 15mins
Built R.X plates for maintenance and upkeep of 18 wheelers; positioned and secured parts and assemblies according to specifications; installed and/ or repaired equipment and welded components and assemblies; produced at least 16 R.X base plates per day (daily quota was 10)
Good company for self business oriented people.
Technician Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2014
Hunter Technician and assistants have to work many different hats. Since the nature of the position is to service Hunter brand equipment, technicians must be capable of service, fix and install their equipment. The repairs can be of electrical, mechanical, or software. As well as carrying all the invoicing and business relationship with the dealerships.
Productivity and work experience.
Quality Engineer Co-Op (Former Employee), Durant, MSNovember 29, 2013
Pros: interactions with the workers on a learning basis.
Cons: n/a
While interning at Hunter I learned many things, For instance how important it is to know the task at hand and working well with the entire plant to accomplish many tasks. Also, how important it is to adapt to your surroundings and ask for help instead of going to a problem blind. Self Autonomy is very essential into supervising and management because – more... it shows your Willingness to exceed through tough circumstances. Hardest part is dealing with different people and different attitudes but its apart of the job to be able to adapt to your environment and make it better. – less
Good company.
Technical and Training Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2013
Good Company.Good Company.Good Company.Good Company.Good Company.Good Company.Good Company.Good Company.Good Company.
Great job/work environment turns hostile with helicopter bosses
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 22, 2013
Pros: very decent commission, used to be a great place to work
Cons: commission-only pay, taxes, expenses, and insurance eat it all up!
I worked at Hunter for 3.5 years and had a great run! Won several awards and competitions for 2.5 years, then got a new manager. He started calling every day, hovering, and micro-managing. Was told that this was the "new" Hunter, and saw evidence of this in all the new managers.

Huge commission checks are eaten up by taxes, expenses, insurance, and – more... marketing! I made $100k+ in commission every year, and my tax return showed only $13k in taxable income... this was not a stretch. THIS IS A COMMISSION-ONLY JOB! YOU DON'T SELL, YOU DON'T EAT!

Don't buy the bull! This is a terrible company to work for! All salesmen in the territory have been or are getting fired! Look at all the job posts! There is EXTREMELY high turnover right now because they want to get rid of those who remember the way things were and hire young, hungry, and ignorant sales reps who don't know any better.

This place has gone to hell in a hand-basket. DO NOT ACCEPT A JOB OFFER!!! BE WARNED!!! – less
Great Company, Busy work enviroment
Customer Service / Receptionist (Current Employee), Bridgeton, MOMay 22, 2013
Pros: fun bonuses (baseball tickets), company sponsored events, some of the people i get to work with
Cons: trouble taking time off when necessary, low compensation
I have enjoyed my time at Hunter Engineering. I have made a lot of friends and strong relationships with outside vendors as well. I answer switchboard and dispatch Field Reps to locations needing service from our reps. I have learned a lot in my time here. I have learned how to time manage and work interdependently, how to juggle multiple tasks at any – more... given time. I was always a pretty good multi-tasker but now I am much more capable of handling several different things at one time. The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with our Field Reps and our National Account customers. I have developed relationships with a lot of them and always enjoy talking to them and helping them getting the job done and making sure everything is correct and up to date. – less
Excellent privately owned company
Technical Sales Representative (Former Employee), SE OhioMarch 25, 2013
Pros: great product, support, camaraderie with fellow employee's
Cons: my geographic territory had never been assigned prior to me.
My duties involved prospecting, demonstrating, & selling diagnostic automotive equipment over 1/3 of the state of Ohio. It was a tightly managed organization, providing the "top of the line" equipment. The economy changed for the worst toward the end of my tenure & I did not make quota. Fair is fair. My territory was SE Ohio to WV border which is the – more... poverty side of the state. A few good towns but most were having economic difficulties. – less
Very good company to work with.
Technical and Training representative (Former Employee), Two counties in Ohio, Summit and Portage.March 10, 2013
Senior automotive technical and training manager,with expertise in business development, training development and service. Recognized as an outstanding leader consistently, delivering the highest level of customer service and satisfaction.

The most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with the customers.
A typical day was going to businesses diagnosing – more... and repairing various types of automotive wheel service equipment.
The learning was daily,after the time spent on the equipment the problems get easier to repair. Also we had a national service neeting to get hands on training on the new equipment that was to be released. – less
Depressing
Supervisor-Production Control (Former Employee), Raymond, MSApril 24, 2012
Pros: profit sharing was generous
Cons: no support from the boss
There was a lot of favoritism and fingerpointing. The company ran off of a hot list, so everyday brought a new firedrill. There were a lot of quality issues also. Engineering was pretty weak. It was a well known fact that women were paid less than men.