Position Summary: Providing support to the Legal Counsel, including maintenance of the filing system, preparation and management of legal documents for Hunter Dickinson and its affiliated Companies.
Key Result Areas & Specific Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance on legal agreements
- Participate in the preparation of legal reports, statements, memorandums and contracts
- Assist in the review and preparation of continuous disclosure filings for the Hunter Dickinson Group Companies
- Attend meetings of the Committees of the Board, and if required the Board, and prepare minutes, notices, agendas, and associated documents in connection therewith
- Prepare corporate resolutions and forms, and other filings related to the business of Hunter Dickinson Group Companies
- Prepare, coordinate and distribute all Board and Committee resolutions and minutes
- Coordinate documentation and certifications relating to director and officer appointments for all Hunter Dickinson Group companies
- Liaise with Directors and Officers in obtaining signatures and comments on documents
- Provide timely updates to Finance Department of all director and officer appointments, resignations and/or changes for Hunter Dickinson Group Companies
- Assist in coordinating meetings for Board and Committees, preparing agendas and resolutions for same, and setting up call in numbers to send out to invitees
- Assist with corporate transactions and related agreements, such as private placements and public offerings, options, joint ventures and purchase and sale transactions
- Complete and file SEDI filings as required
- Assists with EDGAR and SEDAR filings, such as material change reports, press releases, information circulars and other public filing documents
- Filing periodic reports with the TSX/TSX-V on Securefile
- Management of treasury and corporate record matters
- Prepare documentation for financings, stock option grants and other corporate matters
- Ensures timely filing of all documents in connection with corporate appointments and related filings with the various stocks exchanges such as Personal Information Forms, Statutory Declarations, Consents to Act, etc.
- Manage the assembly of required documents for financing and/or due diligence requests for Hunter Dickinson Group companies.
- Coordinate with internal and external counsel filings with the TSX/TSX-V, provides all documentation to the Office Manager for corporate records and provides updates to the IT department for corporate records and data systems.
- Assists counsel with managing the insurance program for Hunter Dickinson group companies.
- Assist counsel with all daily legal administrative duties including personal assistant duties as needed, including maintaining all expenses such as parking and travel, medical benefits, travel and meeting arrangements and scheduling, coordinate catering for meetings as needed etc. and continuing legal education course enrollment.
- Assist in daily duties such as forwarding of documents, maintaining file system, records retention for all legal minutes and files and maintains management drive files for counsel.
- Assist counsel and relevant managers in Hunter Dickinson Group Companies document management program.
- Prepare correspondence and related documents with respect to generally legal duties.
- Ad-hoc duties as needed.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Certificate Program in paralegal studies
- 3 - 5 years previous relevant work experience
- Thorough knowledge of legal principles and legal terminology
- Ability to read and understand complex material such as legal documents
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with Document Management Systems (SharePoint) would be an asset
Characteristics &/or Physical requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure