Location: Thompson-Nicola Regional District
Position Reports to: Project Manager
Company Name: Constantia Resources Ltd.
Position Summary: Constantia is focused on advancing exploration of the Maggie Project using the highest standards of environmental care and is interested in working in partnership with First Nations and local communities. Constantia believes that the best way to ensure project success is to work in cooperation with First Nations and local communities to develop project plans, environmental protection measures and to identify project opportunities and benefits. Through regular communication, information and benefits sharing, and employment and contracting opportunities, Constantia ensures that local partners are directly involved in and derive benefits from exploration activities at Maggie.
We are seeking a number of Field Technicians to join the Constantia exploration team for temporary contract opportunities. The successful candidates will receive on the job training from Constantia. It is expected that successful candidates will contribute to the Maggie Project by bringing their personal knowledge of the environment and cultural awareness to the team.
Key Result Area & Specific Responsibilities
- Assisting geological team with the handling of drill core;
- Geotechnical logging, core cutting and core sampling;
- Environmental monitoring;
- Hydrology and water quality surveys;
- Assisting in the reclamation of drill sites and planting of vegetation; and
- General site duties.
- Have a basic understanding of the local environment;
- Have previous experience in a resource sector such as mineral exploration, mining, forestry and silviculture;
- Possess strong report writing and basic computer skills such as a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Be physically fit and able to lift 60 pounds (23 kg); and
- Able to work outdoors as well as in the office.
Please submit your resume online at http://www.constantiaresources.com/s/Careers.asp,
or fax your application to the attention of:
Celeste McNeill, Senior Advisor | Human Resources Fax #: 604 639 9209