Hunt Construction Group Employee Reviews

busy work and fun experience
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FL3 May 2017
the hardest part of the job was time management, I was new to the line of work so it took me some time to adapt. I learned a lot of new skills to take with me to future employers.
Project based with intense overtime and potential earning cash fast.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ25 January 2017
Management is great and respectful. Definitely enjoyed the intensity of the job and the ongoing efforts to create and maintain a clean construction project in spite of other companies as part of the project without an emphasis on safety and cleanliness.
Pros
70-80 work hours per week. great earning potential
Overall great company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Mason, OH12 January 2017
Overall a Great Company but must love to travel to go where the work is. Hunt was acquired by AECOM and is going through some branding/transition challenges.
Quiet, and had my own area
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX31 August 2016
I really enjoyed working for this company, and the benefits were unmatched. Pay was very competitive, and I enjoyed my co-workers. Management didn't really bother me, and seemed to approve of my work ethic. The best and worst part was being alone in the lobby for most of the day. It would get boring if I didn't bring something to do, or I wasn't attending college.
Pros
Free lunch on bid days, great pay, and great benefits
Cons
Boring on slow days
Great company to work at. Work hard, Play hard.
Project Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ26 October 2015
A typical work starts with checking emails and talking to my estimators and managers. I work with Construction drawings and do quantity takeoffs as well as scoping and bid packages. The hardest part of my job is calculating numbers and coming up with the closest numbers for the quantity takeoffs.
Professional and Family atmosphere.
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN17 July 2015
"The Right People the Right Results"

All of the commercial jobs were of great magnitude. There was a true team feeling when working for Hunt. Travel was required but Hunt made relocating very smooth and hassle free. A great company to work for and I would recommend anyone to this company if they are willing to travel.
Pros
Annual Meeting in Scottdale, Az, Very elegant Christmas parties with nice Christmas Bonus
Cons
Relocating after each project.
Great buildings
IT (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX24 March 2015
Crews work hard. IT works around the clock to make sure everyone is up to date with latest software and hardware. Work/life balance doesnt exsist
Fun environment
Safety Intern (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN17 March 2015
You get to network with various professionals across the country and internationally. It is a fun environment with many challenges that helps you grow as a professional in your career.
Job site environment varied from good to bad
Project Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN27 January 2015
I acted as a job site project engineer focusing on RFI's, submittals, and project tracking. Sometimes communication lacked, which took a toll on the project team and created friction.
Pros
Good people on project team
Cons
Poor communication
Enjoyed my time here.
DOCUMENT CONTROL (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ2 December 2014
Good company to work for. If you are not in management, you don't get bonuses.
very good General Contractor
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX12 November 2014
Overall it has been a good experience at Hunt. Everyone is willing to help you and educate you and it is a friendly environment.
Good Supportive Company
Department of Corrections, Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Connell, WA3 September 2014
Good Benefits
Good work environment
Great Team Work
Excellent Management
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Worked a way from home
Assistant Superintendent
Assistant Superintendent/Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZ15 July 2014
Construction management for Commercial constuction project. Management for all trades of construction.
Great place to work depending on the project group.
Project Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ4 December 2013
Had the opprotunity to work with three project teams, two of the teams had great people and the project was enjoyable. However the third team I did not get the team member greeting and you had to fend for yourself. The project ws two years behind schedule and most of the subcontractors were preparing for claims. A very confrontational project between all members involved.
Pros
Good compensation.
Cons
Not very personable and not willing to share information.
Excellent company to work for.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH11 November 2013
Everyone worked well together as a team. Co-workers always willing to help reguardless of the task.
Pros
The company is very people oriented. Management carers about their employees.
Cons
Not always work in the area that I live in. Projects require traveling.
Great Job
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN3 October 2013
I really enjoyed working for Hunt. Good bunch of people. I hope to find another job I enjoy as much as this one.
On Jobsite handling project coordination
PROJECT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN12 June 2013
Worked on Memphis International Airport building 2 aircraft hangers for Federal Express. I learned a lot and really enjoyed this job
Pros
Vaulable experience
Cons
High profile projects, low profile treatment of employees
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN6 November 2012
Incredibly difficult place to work as a marketing professional. There are a lot of expectations and hours expected out of the marketing staff at a very low salary. Senior executives view marketing as an admin role and treat you as such. I was once told "even a secretary can step in and do your job." There is a huge disconnect and lack of respect from construction operations management.

Do your research before applying here. Look at how many times marketing jobs have been posted by a company that overall only employs 8 in marketing across the country. I know of one position that has turned over 4 times in the last 2 years; that alone should be your indication that this is a difficult place to work.
Pros
free tickets to sporting events - company has suites in arenas. high profile project pursuits.
Cons
horrible 401k plan, lack of communication for senior management
Good Company
Assistant Superintendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL3 November 2012
Learned a lot about leadership. Learned several things about electrical, plumbing, and mechanical. Learned to be dedicated and persistent from this job.
Processing & researching
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis28 October 2012
My typical day consist of completing expense reports and researching travel options. The executive management personnel that I support are very self sufficient. I am very limited in assisting them with their daily needs.

When my time is slow I will interact with other departments to assist with some of their projects.
Pros
flexible lunch hour
Cons
work hours, lack of communication