Humber River Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

porter
hard working and ecilent work ethics (Current Employee) –  willson site2 October 2016
the place is an okay place to work but they only want slaves and people who can't think outside the box. they want people who are slaves. other than that it is an interesting and dynamic place to work the front line workers such as my self and the nurses and clerical are very courteous and compassionate towards the patients and visitors.
inconsiderate workplace in healthcare field
health aide (Former Employee) –  wilson site17 October 2016
this hospital is the worst workplace ever . they treat employees as they own them. they are very greedy of your time. they will forced you to work even you are not available because you have another job
no wonder they have very poor reviews and a lot of negative feedback
Cons
poor management and brainless staff
Very friendly and caring environment.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2016
Volunteering at Humber River Hospital has opened my eyes to many different roles and duties within the hospital environment. Both patients and staff were very welcoming and appreciative towards the abundance of volunteers circulating throughout the summer as well as year round. The volunteer services management is very organized. Volunteers are expected to clock in and clock out before and after every shift just like a regular paying job would. I have learned to expertly file patient lists, attend to patients' needs and assist the nurses in non- medical tasks.
Pros
free drinks, exposure to the medical environment
Productive and hard working.
Registered Nurse (Cardiology) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2016
I have learned that each work day is a chance to embrace new learning experiences. Working in acute health care settings for 2 years, has allowed me to work under high pressure and develop strong communication and leadership skills.
Pros
Strong commuinication, time management, leadership skills, strong computer and verbal comprehension
I love badminton and swiming
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  TORONTO ONTARIO30 April 2016
I love whatever job I do. This is because I do them willingly and accept corrections whenever it is given. I learn to be patience with slow workers and complete any un- done work by my team mates not minding. My job placement area can testify to my hard work, tirelessness and efforts to do all assigned work properly.
Pros
N/A
Cons
9PM TO 6AM AND 9AM TO 9PM
Bad reputation
Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2016
This hospital has a reputation for uncaring staff , and it is true. It is not considered a professional hospital. Managers threaten nurses and insult nurses.
benefits
Cons
managers are narcissists
Exciting and a fast-paced environment
Clerical Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 December 2015
Constant learning of medical conditions, managing and updating patient records and lab work. Time management and prioritizing tasks are crucial skills to horn in this environment, where time frames with patient care are stressed.
First clinical practicum
Registered Practical Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON (Church Site)27 February 2015
I spent my second semester of practical nursing school in the Acute Medicine Unit of Humber River's Church site. This is where I learned my basic physical assessment skills and assisted clients with ADLs and self-care.

The hardest part of the job was that it was very physically demanding as many patients were bariatric patients.

The most enjoyable part was learning about what nursing would be like - it was a welcome challenge.
Pros
Excitement of first nursing experiences
Cons
Physically demanding unit
A place where you can gain much experience in customer service and conflict management.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North York, ON7 September 2014
Customers and staff at the hospital are fairly cooperative and easy to work with. Technical issues such as parking machines and server issues are manageable and easy to fix. Management is always made available to me for any concerns or questions. A lot of the time you are working independently and a lot of decisions are made by your own best judgement. The hardest part of the job is not being able to find an actual solution to a customer's problem and seeking advice from management when they aren't available. The most enjoyable part of the job are the benefits the company gives to full-time employees.
Operating Room Technician
Operating Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke2 October 2014
A Typical day would be dealing hands on with specific O.R Instruments, equipment and procedures. Running daily maintenance on all Sterrad Systems and Biological Indicators. Setting up of all O.R surgeries and equipment. Restock of all Anesthetic products and Working along side Surgeons and Nurses with invasive procedures. Has allowed to think critically, work hands on with surgeons and nurses and apply all my skills in order to run a safe and sterile environment. Great management team. Hardest part of this job, is to be able to access a procedure and determine to proper instruments that are required to complete the task. Most enjoyable part is to be able to gain continual knowledge on all invasive procedures.
Benefits
Cons
Shift work
good place to work
Emergency Nurse (Current Employee) –  toronto/northyork20 December 2013
very busy,excellent work environment.supportive staff,excellent team effort.
learn how to give exemplary care to patients and families.
management makes effort to accommodate and make their staff happy.Co-workers great team players,makes all effort to be professional and to do their best at all times.
the hardest part of the job is to coop with the overflow in the department.
Most enjoyable part of the job is to see clients satisfied and happy,also to be successful in being therapeutic.
Pros
to give excellent care
Cons
not being able to get the job done on a timely manner
productive and a good place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Finch Site14 March 2013
My experience as a volunteer in Humber River Hospital was very exciting. Since it was my first hospital care setting i was able to familiarize the work of a medical administration assistant. I was able to work with three areas in 4th floor and be of help with the secretaries/admin asst. It was a learning experience because they were very helpful to me and they give me some tips and insights as well on how to work in the hospital.
Pros
free snacks from tim horton's
Good team to work
Medical Laboratory Technician- Placement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2013
Working at Humber River Regional Hospital has given me the opportunity working with great people and experience to work in a diverse environment with a full spectrum of different patients.

Typical day working at this hospital is hectic. People come in and go. But the staffs here are great and they make you feel like you belong and can tackle whatever comes through the door. The managements are always helpful and they're very attention to details (it's a must have when working in a hospital and dealing with a lot of patients).

The hardest part of the job are the loads of work that need to get done on such a small time frame. It may be hectic but the staffs make it enjoyable to work.
Pros
Great Staffs
Cons
difficult patients
Good atmosphere work well with co-workers
assist visitors and patients (Current Employee) –  200 Church Site27 February 2013
I work at the Information Desk as a Volunteer 2x a week.
I retrieve the Patient List for Locating, log on to Meditech 6 in the computer.
Answer all incoming call.
Direct and assist patients to clinics such as Fracture, Endoscopy etc.
Pros
love helping people
Cons
would love to work for the hospital as a paid employee
fun and exciting place to build a carrier
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  North York, ON Finch/Church site23 October 2012
humber river regional hospital is a great place to have a carrier staff are very professional and accomerdating, I will love to be employed with the organization again.

Yours Sincerely.

Previous Employee.
Pros
emergency wait time is a little to long
Cons
staff are very good at what there do.
Learning and indusive environment.
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada26 October 2014
Challenging work environment, yet very learning and stimulating environment. great co-workers and fantastic teamwork. lot to learn everyday. I love the memories and experiences I acquired there.
Pros
Learning and stimulating environment.
Cons
No income.
Friendly team memebers
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  toronto, on22 November 2013
it was very hectic for me working in the emergency team, just due to the fact that I was a recent grad. However, I learned a lot during that time frame.
Pros
Variety of situations and clients are presented to you.
Cons
none i can think of
For theshort time that i've worked here I was able to learn a lot of skills that are relevant to my field.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2013
Working at Humber River is something that you look forward to. I learned a lot of skills when I worked here. The staffs are very accommodating and ver helpful.
Good place to work, lots of fun with staff and smaller hospital.
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2014
Providing excellent care in a long term setting it was great working here. We had a fantastic cadre of staff on our unit and we worked really well together.
Fun workplace, gain a lot of experience.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2013
I really enjoyed working here. There was a lot of interaction with patients and you could work with nurses as well. It was a great way to realize what you're getting into entering the medical field.

Humber River Regional Hospital Reviews by Location