HUMBER RIVER HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Best Placement Experience
Nursing Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2017
Humber River Hospital has been a great field for my placement. The workplace culture was amazing and harmonious. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I work with amazing people under capable management.
treat staff as professional
Mammography/BMD Technologist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2017
This company is amazing. Worked since 2010 and the management team is awesome, they listened to their staff and value our contribution. Benefits is amazing. Overall happy and lucky to work in this hospital full time.
benefits
Productive and enjoy learning.
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  North York, ON11 May 2017
Volunteer only
My day goes well so far. What I perceived is what I received.
I learned to do data input, checking patients information and matched with the day sheets. Learned the customer service for patient's family and guest. Dealing with difficult patients and how to interact with them. Filling medical supplies to each room. Good relationship with the staffs.
The workplace culture sounds fair to me,
I don't have any difficulty because I am willing to do the work.
I enjoy dealing with people, interacting and being a good help to them to the best that I can.
Pros
Free Coffee
great hopital
Registered Practical Nurse clinical student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2017
my typical day at work is always fulfilling. great hospital and great service provided. good workplace culture. the hardest part of the job is time management. the most enjoyable part is family interaction.
Pros
nice nurses
Cons
long wait
workplace
Clerical Support - Cardio-Pulmonary Department (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2017
Working at Humber River Hospital is a good experience for many. The environment and culture are more than acceptable and the management treat the staff with respect and dignity.
pro and cons
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2017
Great group of people to work with, however, moving into a position the individuals who are qualify for the jobs never receive them. They are given to the ones who is not qualify.
Fast paced unit
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2017
A day on the cardiology unit is very fast paced and requires constant critical thinking. Patients get admitted and discharged with great regularity. Humber has taught me to prioritize my time will providing safe and ethical care to my patients.
Humber River Hospital Volunteering
Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  1235 Wilson Ave, Toronto, ON M3M 0B21 February 2017
I always looked forward to visiting the hospital every week to volunteer. I was never bored of it despite the fact that I was not getting paid. To be honest, it's not always about the money, I just wanted experience. It was a quiet and peaceful place, and the most enjoyable part of volunteering there was because of my co-workers who also volunteered with me.
Pros
Free coffee from Tim Hortons
Cons
No salary, food was expensive
A good place to start your career.
PERMANENT PART TIME DIALYSIS ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2017
It's nice place to grow and learn new skills and knowledge. The administration is well organized and implement their set of standards and policies farely.
Pros
free scrubs...
Good working environment
ICU Registered Nurse, Full Time (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
Patient centered care hospital with team work.
With the new and innovated hospital building patient turnover is high and creates a busy and continuous learning for staff.
Worked closely with nurses-educating on professional practice
Clinical Practice Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2017
Rounding with nurses. Assisting nurses to trouble shoot and using critical thinking. I worked with a great team. The hardest part of the role was sustaining change.
Pros
great team work
Cons
Awesome opportuies and place to work
Emergency Department- RPN staff (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2016
I have an amazing time at Humber. There are so much opportunities from meeting amazing colleagues and to learning new things daily.
fun and hardwork
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2016
i had fun working in humber river hospital with the friends who are so good and kind, and also a colleague's who are so helpful. i learned a lot from this job. i learned how to work with co-worker's in different culture. The job became hard for me only because it's a multi-tasking job, but i still learn to manage it. the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting a lot of different peoples, meet friends, and many more.
fun place to work Great people
Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2016
Best place to work where patients care come first. Great group of people to work with. The only problem I work parttime.

management and coworkers is great
not enough hours to answer all the questions patients and family have and meet all their needs

satisfied patients
Pros
working full time
Cons
working part time
Inclusive workplace
Addictions and Mental Health Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2016
- Coworkers were wonderful
- Participated in the Addiction Day Program
- Psycho-social Education
- Linking/Referrals/Advocacy
productive and fun place
Emergency Department Unit Aide (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 January 2016
great co workers, enjoyed selling and assisting with bell products to customers. great benefits and lovely co workers.
n/a
Part- Time Unit Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2015
enjoying my time at Humber River hospital, the staff is great and the new hospital is very good.

My job keeps me very busy, hoping to pick up more hours.
working at HRH
Commercial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2015
great place to work.
great benefits

great team working enviroment
great managment

Duties included cleaning hospital.
Good work-life balance
Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2015
Working as an RPN in Humber River Hospital provided me an opportunity to practice in the extent of my scope as a nurse, which helped me use my knowledge, skills and judgement in my full capacity.
co workers functional and get along well as a team
RN (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario28 September 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job are the co workers whom I have a good working relationship with and the new skills I have obtained working in this unit. The most difficult part is dealing with emotional impact of death and dying patients as well as the expectations from some of the families.