Humber College

Humber College Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast Paced and Friendly Environment
Computer Lab Assistant Technician (Former Employee), Humber CollegeMay 16, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, location
Cons: No free lunches
As a Lab Technician I had several responsabilities involving the hardware and software equipment of the area, which included instructing proper use of them when required, fixing any problems that occurred, reporting those problems via making tickets on the Track-It platform and maintaining the equipment.

The environment was great, full of friendly co-workers, responsive management that would adapt to our needs as students, and great installations. I learned how to explain problems to non-technical people as well as how to solve technical problems such as network troubleshooting, hardware issues, and specific software problems.

Overall it was a great experience to work there.
Productive and positive workplace
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONMay 13, 2015
Place for like minded people to find common interests in their work. Opportunities for everyone. Diverse and open environment that is welcome to all.
Great organization culture
Games room attendent (Current Employee), Games RoomMay 8, 2015
It's great working with the HSF. As a part-time staff and student, your work schedule is designed to fit your school time table. I do not feel pressured while on the job and the full-time staff are warm and welcoming. My tasks are usually simple and easy to execute.
Student Recruitment Supervisor Ambassador (Current Employee), Toronto ONApril 29, 2015
Great Culture. Experienced Personal Growth. Great pay. job security and great work environment. Co workers and Staff are really good and Managers are always there to support you all the time.
Challenging work with an emphasis on independence
Tutor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 21, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
This job requires its employees to be able to work independently, as it is the tutors job to get in touch with students, plan meetings, and decide how best to produce academic success in student learners. A difficult part of this job is to maintain an attitude of patience and encouragement throughout every tutoring session, as this is very important in encouraging student success. The most enjoyable part of this job was knowing that you are making a significant difference in someones life.
Place to gain experience
Front Desk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2015
A typical day starts with all kinds of administrative work. A good place to gain experience. Co workers are very helpful.
Very positive!
On Air Talent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2015
Loved working with my school, I thought it was a great opportunity to interact with many different students that are attending the college as well.
Great place to work!
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: great people, friendly enviroment
Cons: not enough hours, lack of career advancement
Humber College provided a health work environment to allow for creative expression, and growth. The staff are very friendly and always ready to help. Humber provides great training and social support for its employees. Several opportunities for growth and development.
Esthetician Co-op Placement
ESTHETICIAN (CO-OP PLACEMENT) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 22, 2014
Pros: performing services, managerial experiences, retail sales
Cons: no break times
The co-op placement was a mandatory course within my program. Experiencing being an esthetician has helped me gain confidence in working with a diversity of people. Ranging from offering and performing services to working at the reception area gave me an idea of how it would be like to work in those field of areas. I really enjoyed getting to interact and driving retail sales as I got to share my experience of using my favorites products from Dermalogica with my clients. Working at the Humber Spa allowed me to build my clientele and meet all sorts of people that I will experience facing with if I were to work at an actual spa. A typical day at work would be performing services for clients, interacting with them, and selling products. The course also offered an experience of being a manager for the day. That experience gave me a quick learning and idea of what it would be like to be in charge and taking leadership. I also got to experience working at the front line where I got to practice using the Point of Sale system, picking up phone calls, booking appointments, etc. The hardest part of job at first was dealing with clients who would constantly come in late, but still having to complete the services on time. This taught me to compromise more by doing multiple things at once. For example, if I were to perform a facial, I would put the masque on my client and perform a massage at the same time rather than performing two things at a separate time, or using my time wisely by putting more time on targeting the client's concern and leaving less time with the less concerns. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to see my clients leave with a happy smile/satisfaction. That showed me that I did a job well done and that would give me extra energy or a boost of confidence for my next service. I also really enjoyed the overall experience of the work environment, the people that I got to work with, and especially my clients.
Overall, it was a great place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), EtobicokeNovember 6, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: standing for long time
The most enjoyable part of the job, was meeting new customers each day.
there was very co-operative working environment, all the members were well known of their individual as well as company's goal.
Arduino Based Accident Detection System (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONOctober 19, 2014
i enjoyed lot. it was not whole working environment, also there were lot of extra-curriculum activities to do.
Very respectable and good place to work
Maintenance Worker Assistant (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: fixing mechanical systems
Cons: not doing anything when it's raining
Starting off buy going to different work orders depending on what is suggested and fixing things.i learned many things such as fixing toilets,fixing electrical work,building automation,fixing exhaust fans and spraying dampers,etc.
Knowledgeable work experience with opportunity to learn everyday
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 26, 2014
- Helping Students
- teaching
- Learning new things form others everyday
- the most enjoyable part was interacting with others
Learning Experience
Post-Graduate Instructor & Internship Advisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: politics
I created a recruitment/internship success rate of 100% per year for 100 students in post-graduate program.
Fun loving environment. Made lots of friends.
Student in Humber college (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 10, 2014
Humber college is a very reputed college. It was fun working with professors and friends. I was a team player in several projects of humber college.
Great place to work and have fune
Professor (Part Time) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 6, 2014
Pros: dealing with youth
Cons: part time
Structured job and stress free environment because of fun loving young learners
Temporary
Surveying Booth Attendant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 22, 2014
This job was to fill my free time while studying at Humber only. Easy and simple job with no opportunity to move forward.
Customer service skills focusing on delivering high client satisfaction at all times
Hands-On Laboratory Expertise (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 17, 2014
A goal-oriented individual who are able to work in diverse environment with multi-tasking ability.Highly adaptable and eager to embrace and learn new technology. I enjoy the part of learning and discovering new thins and learning.
Diverse workplace with oppurtunites to learn and grow
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 14, 2014
I had the chance to take up many new projects and that helped in adding new skills to my skill set
The job helped me to maintain a good work and study balance.
Great place to learn or work
worked at many different spots in the college (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 5, 2014
As a student and an employee I loved working for Humber. they knew how to treat an employee to get the maximum amount of work without making the person have any negative feelings about their work. if you get a job here never let it go!

1 2 3 4