Humber College

Humber College Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun work place and meeting new people
Student Ambassador (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: tempoerary
* Every morning we come in and set up the gifts for the people who visits Humber
*I learned Leadership which was my role to take Highschool and Middle school kids to take around college and talk about courses
* My co-workers were also student just like me
*Hard part was to wait for the guest
*Easy part was it was in Campus i didnot had to go any where
peer tutor
Peer Tutor (Current Employee), North CampusMarch 17, 2014
Help students to solve their problems.
learn many things from our seniors
College Volunteer Program
Volunteer (Former Employee), Rexdale, OntarioMarch 15, 2014
Learned and participated in lighting installations utilizing EMT conduit and wire from inception to completion.
I really enjoyed working at Humber College. Its been a really good experience overall.
Peer Tutor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch someimes
I really like working as a peer tutor because it helps me too in understanding a lot of concepts. Management is really good. Co-workers are really helpful. the hardest thing is to meet one's requirements like their particular teaching style. I learn something new everyday.
Humber College helps me growing
Workshop Leader (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: everyting
Cons: nothing
My experience at Humber College is not only the one of a student, but also the one of a worker.
As a full-time student I need to attend to class, complete tests and assignments, and learn how to become a respectable Electronics Engineering Technologist.
As a worker instead, I need to coop with different situations that include the management of a small – more... class of students and helping in the processing of international applications.

A typical day at work involves different tasks from meetings with co-workers to data entry in the college's database.
I like being able to accomplish a variety of tasks, so that I never get tired of what I am doing. In addition, this experience is helping me enhancing my time management skills.

It is not easy meeting deadlines and coordinating the different activities that I involved in. For example, a typical Wednesday includes working in the International Centre Office, going to classes and facilitating a workshop session.
Despite the difficulties, I am enjoying my life. Classmate and co-workers are friendly and kind. Disagreements are resolved within small discussions thank to tolerance and understanding of different perspectives. Furthermore, I am happy to be able to help other students with getting to know the college environment. – less
Awesome Day
Humber Student Ambassador (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2014
Typical Day at Work is a fun, relaxing, easy going, and pleasant.
Laid Back Atmosphere
Librarian's Assistant (Current Employee), EtobicokeJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: easy shift coverage, availability to change shifts.
Cons: short hours, lack of shifts at times.
Working at the library is enjoyable because of every aspect of the place. The co-workers are friendly and always available to help with shift coverage when needed. The bosses are understanding and helpful to deal with any situation and anything that needs assistance with.
The staff you work with are great but much is expected of your own time. Rates do not include the bulk of the work done to mark students.
Industrial Design Instructor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: the staff dining room is quite good and private, with the staff being all very friendly.
Cons: the upper echelon have policies that limit ones ability to raise the standard, it is very hard to fail a student.
Unfortunately my opinion of schooling in North America isn't very good. Having taught at Humber, OCAD and George Brown I can say that too much emphasis has been placed on making money from students. In Sweden where I did my masters they have a much healthier model whereby the industry and government fund schools that only take as many students as the – more... industry can accept and consequently can be much more stringent with the entrance requirements. This is much better for the economy and reputation of the schools, not to mention the benefits students experience. Students can spend time learning and not working several jobs to pay for the ever climbing student fees. Efforts to augment the experience with outside sponsored projects are only worsening the situations as the students might get a couple of thousand in prize money which devalues the student and uses the teacher as a cheap consultant.

As for the Staff at Humber College. They are a mix bag, with some very talented and dedicated people who do the best with the system they exist within. – less
Nice place to work with fun
IT Support Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 3, 2014
Humber college is nice place to work - one can have flexible hours for the week.
Fixed Assets Clerk (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONDecember 9, 2013
Pros: great environment
Cons: difficult to be hired as fulltime employee
Friendly and professional environment. Awesome place to work, but they tend more to hire in part time basis or temporary contract.
Productive and Fun Working Place
Research Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 11, 2013
- Very cooperative co-workers
- Energetic
- Fully learning environvement
Customer Care and Jr, Support Services Officer
Jr. Support Services Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 8, 2013
Maintain front desk, answer phones, help students and faculty with any problems they may have.
Data Entry
Excel, word and outlook
Handle all mail
Ensure all mail is delivered with in the deartment
Assist faculties with documents and templates
Humber College
Professor Visual Effects, and Motion Design (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2013
Great Place and great people. A real pleasure to be part of it!
Has peak times of being busy, but more often than not it's slow
Film and Media Production Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 18, 2013
I have been a contract employee with Humber College since 2008. I did 15 months in the Recruitment and Liaising Office, and after that I started working for The School Of Media Studies. I have gone from 40 hours a week, to 37.5, and for the last 3 years I have been capped at 24 hours/week. As a contract employee I have no benefits.

I have stuck around – more... for as long as I have because although I am at part time hours I have been able to sustain a manageable living, and the people I work with, for the most part are great.

It has been made clear to my however, that there is no room for advancement in my job. – less
Productive and fun.
Writing mentor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: proximity to home.
Cons: no continuity.
Could have used more training. Co-workers were pleasant enough.
GREAT COMPANY
STUDIED CUSTOMS CLEARANCE (Former Employee), ETOBICOKEAugust 12, 2013
Pros: excellent learning experience.
AT FNF I LEARDNED HOW TO DEAL WITH A LOT OF PERSISTENT BANKERS AND LAWYERS.
*HOW TO VERIFY IF MORTGAGE AND LOAN DOCUMENTS ARE LEGALLY COMPLETED ACCORDING TO THE BYLAWS
*CORRESPONDED WITH KEY ACCOUNT REPS TO MAKE SURE ALL DOCS WERE PROCESSED ON TIME
Humber College is where i got my Pharmacy Technician course
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), toronto, ontAugust 11, 2013
I did my course by correspondence while working with Pharma Plus . I also wrote my certification exam while working there.
Institution with a strong commitment to their personal and professional development
Purchasing and Shipping Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 24, 2013
Pros: opportunity to continue my educaion at humber college
Cons: part-time position, not entirely my field of study
At Humber College's International Centre I am using my analytical and advanced data management skills to identify cost-savings opportunities and improve our overall performance.

I enjoy making the office more productive and I like the fact that my supervisor is always open to new ideas or suggestions.

In my position I have enhanced my presentation – more... skills. I frequently requested to prepare reports and these have to accompanied with a clear and concise explanation that proves how the data is reliable and updated.

The hardest part of my job would be shipping tons of printed materials and promo items to student fairs overseas in a short period of time. However, once I am done I really enjoy watching how all the boxes arrive on-time to be used by the managers in charge of each market. – less
productive
Project Assistant - .Net Program (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 16, 2013
busy but learn a lot;
project corporate;
nice leader;
fun coworkers;
bad traffic everyday ;
learn new things everyday;
Great staff with a very accomodating work culture
Lab Support Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 11, 2013
Pros: relaxed atmosphere, great staff.
Cons: work can be tedious.
This was a great place to work, my boss and my colleagues were totally understanding of my school commitments and were always willing to help wherever they could to help me handle all of my obligations.

The job itself was a fairly

1 2 3