Humber College

Humber College Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very positive!
On Air Talent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2015
Loved working with my school, I thought it was a great opportunity to interact with many different students that are attending the college as well.
Great place to work!
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: great people, friendly enviroment
Cons: not enough hours, lack of career advancement
Humber College provided a health work environment to allow for creative expression, and growth. The staff are very friendly and always ready to help. Humber provides great training and social support for its employees. Several opportunities for growth and development.
Esthetician Co-op Placement
ESTHETICIAN (CO-OP PLACEMENT) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 22, 2014
Pros: performing services, managerial experiences, retail sales
Cons: no break times
The co-op placement was a mandatory course within my program. Experiencing being an esthetician has helped me gain confidence in working with a diversity of people. Ranging from offering and performing services to working at the reception area gave me an idea of how it would be like to work in those field of areas. I really enjoyed getting to interact and driving retail sales as I got to share my experience of using my favorites products from Dermalogica with my clients. Working at the Humber Spa allowed me to build my clientele and meet all sorts of people that I will experience facing with if I were to work at an actual spa. A typical day at work would be performing services for clients, interacting with them, and selling products. The course also offered an experience of being a manager for the day. That experience gave me a quick learning and idea of what it would be like to be in charge and taking leadership. I also got to experience working at the front line where I got to practice using the Point of Sale system, picking up phone calls, booking appointments, etc. The hardest part of job at first was dealing with clients who would constantly come in late, but still having to complete the services on time. This taught me to compromise more by doing multiple things at once. For example, if I were to perform a facial, I would put the masque on my client and perform a massage at the same time rather than performing two things at a separate time, or using my time wisely by putting more time on targeting the client's concern and leaving less time with the less concerns. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to see my clients leave with a happy smile/satisfaction. That showed me that I did a job well done and that would give me extra energy or a boost of confidence for my next service. I also really enjoyed the overall experience of the work environment, the people that I got to work with, and especially my clients.
Overall, it was a great place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), EtobicokeNovember 6, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: standing for long time
The most enjoyable part of the job, was meeting new customers each day.
there was very co-operative working environment, all the members were well known of their individual as well as company's goal.
Arduino Based Accident Detection System (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONOctober 19, 2014
i enjoyed lot. it was not whole working environment, also there were lot of extra-curriculum activities to do.
Very respectable and good place to work
Maintenance Worker Assistant (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: fixing mechanical systems
Cons: not doing anything when it's raining
Starting off buy going to different work orders depending on what is suggested and fixing things.i learned many things such as fixing toilets,fixing electrical work,building automation,fixing exhaust fans and spraying dampers,etc.
Knowledgeable work experience with opportunity to learn everyday
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 26, 2014
- Helping Students
- teaching
- Learning new things form others everyday
- the most enjoyable part was interacting with others
Learning Experience
Post-Graduate Instructor & Internship Advisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: politics
I created a recruitment/internship success rate of 100% per year for 100 students in post-graduate program.
Fun loving environment. Made lots of friends.
Student in Humber college (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 10, 2014
Humber college is a very reputed college. It was fun working with professors and friends. I was a team player in several projects of humber college.
Great place to work and have fune
Professor (Part Time) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 6, 2014
Pros: dealing with youth
Cons: part time
Structured job and stress free environment because of fun loving young learners
Temporary
Surveying Booth Attendant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 22, 2014
This job was to fill my free time while studying at Humber only. Easy and simple job with no opportunity to move forward.
Customer service skills focusing on delivering high client satisfaction at all times
Hands-On Laboratory Expertise (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 17, 2014
A goal-oriented individual who are able to work in diverse environment with multi-tasking ability.Highly adaptable and eager to embrace and learn new technology. I enjoy the part of learning and discovering new thins and learning.
Diverse workplace with oppurtunites to learn and grow
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 14, 2014
I had the chance to take up many new projects and that helped in adding new skills to my skill set
The job helped me to maintain a good work and study balance.
Great place to learn or work
worked at many different spots in the college (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 5, 2014
As a student and an employee I loved working for Humber. they knew how to treat an employee to get the maximum amount of work without making the person have any negative feelings about their work. if you get a job here never let it go!
Outstanding
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 2, 2014
I realy enjoy working at Humber College.
I enjoy the positive learning environment and technical skills that I can apply in my job.
Fun work place and meeting new people
Student Ambassador (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: tempoerary
* Every morning we come in and set up the gifts for the people who visits Humber
*I learned Leadership which was my role to take Highschool and Middle school kids to take around college and talk about courses
* My co-workers were also student just like me
*Hard part was to wait for the guest
*Easy part was it was in Campus i didnot had to go any where
College Volunteer Program
Volunteer (Former Employee), Rexdale, OntarioMarch 15, 2014
Learned and participated in lighting installations utilizing EMT conduit and wire from inception to completion.
I really enjoyed working at Humber College. Its been a really good experience overall.
Peer Tutor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch someimes
I really like working as a peer tutor because it helps me too in understanding a lot of concepts. Management is really good. Co-workers are really helpful. the hardest thing is to meet one's requirements like their particular teaching style. I learn something new everyday.
Humber College helps me growing
Workshop Leader (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: everyting
Cons: nothing
My experience at Humber College is not only the one of a student, but also the one of a worker.
As a full-time student I need to attend to class, complete tests and assignments, and learn how to become a respectable Electronics Engineering Technologist.
As a worker instead, I need to coop with different situations that include the management of a small class of students and helping in the processing of international applications.

A typical day at work involves different tasks from meetings with co-workers to data entry in the college's database.
I like being able to accomplish a variety of tasks, so that I never get tired of what I am doing. In addition, this experience is helping me enhancing my time management skills.

It is not easy meeting deadlines and coordinating the different activities that I involved in. For example, a typical Wednesday includes working in the International Centre Office, going to classes and facilitating a workshop session.
Despite the difficulties, I am enjoying my life. Classmate and co-workers are friendly and kind. Disagreements are resolved within small discussions thank to tolerance and understanding of different perspectives. Furthermore, I am happy to be able to help other students with getting to know the college environment.
Awesome Day
Humber Student Ambassador (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2014
Typical Day at Work is a fun, relaxing, easy going, and pleasant.

1 2 3