Humber College Employee Reviews

Fantastic workplace
Yoga Teacher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 October 2016
Humber College Lakeshore Athletics is one of THE best places to work. Amazing management, top-notch facilities, special events and an inclusive vibe from staff.

I made many friends and got many great benefits.
Pros
Free fitness classes, special events, community engagement
Productive and engaging with my name on a project at the end.
Intern, Transmedia Team (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2017
This experience was something I will cherish for a very long time. Working for Humber College was fulfilling and I was given the opportunity to create a project unlike any other. Seeing the integration of many forms of mediums into one website to convey a story was insightful and something I will continue to pursue if given the opportunity again.
Pros
Skills developed, Good pay
Cons
Long Hours, Long commute
Fun Workplace
Peer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2016
Your hours are based on your availability. Management and staff are fun to work with. Free access to the gym along with other facilities on campus.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Humber
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2017
Amazing company to work for.
Great management and opportunities. I was a graduate of this college and am honored to be able to help other students succeed in the health care field
It was okay
Hvac Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON11 November 2016
the job i was given was a student postion, Knowing that there isnt really any Advancement here. Some co workers were great and the other were not so much.
Part Time Student Position
Junior Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2016
Worked here between classes doing a job related to my field of study.

Hours were flexible, management was friendly and supportive.

Overall it was a great experience
Pros
Flexible hours
n/a
Athletics department representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON8 February 2017
it was a decent job while i was in school. the working day was the same everyday which was good in terms of consistency/routine. Everyone else who worked the same position as me were students as well.
Great co-workers and clients
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2017
I enjoy working for Humber because you meet many individuals with various ethnic backgrounds and personalities.
My work is flexible and the communication system is open
Has peak times of being busy, but more often than not it's slow
Film and Media Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2013
I have been a contract employee with Humber College since 2008. I did 15 months in the Recruitment and Liaising Office, and after that I started working for The School Of Media Studies. I have gone from 40 hours a week, to 37.5, and for the last 3 years I have been capped at 24 hours/week. As a contract employee I have no benefits.

I have stuck around for as long as I have because although I am at part time hours I have been able to sustain a manageable living, and the people I work with, for the most part are great.

It has been made clear to my however, that there is no room for advancement in my job.
Communications instructor
Faculty - Media Studies and Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON25 May 2016
Teaching Communications to first year college students is an exhilarating experience. The interaction and discussions with students is great as they challenge me and remind me that I have built a great career and I'm fortunate to give back my mentoring these young communicators.
Pros
interaction, discussions, presentations
Cons
a lot of marking
Great cultural Ethic
Clinical Instructor to BScN students (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 May 2013
Humber College is an excellent institution to work for with a great sense of community and cultural ethic. It has a very rich and strong personal reliability in that all staff are a small family which a passionate and caring workplace.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Job security
Peer Tutor
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON24 April 2016
As a peer tutor you attempt to aid students who are in need of help. I was hired as a programming tutor, and was often asked to provide assistance to students requiring advanced math help. I did my best to fulfill both my responsibilities. As a tutor the hardest thing to remember is to not provide the solution, but to provide the means by which the student might come to the solution on their own. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you bump into someone you have helped, and they take the time to thank you for it.
The staff you work with are great but much is expected of your own time. Rates do not include the bulk of the work done to mark students.
Industrial Design Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2014
Unfortunately my opinion of schooling in North America isn't very good. Having taught at Humber, OCAD and George Brown I can say that too much emphasis has been placed on making money from students. In Sweden where I did my masters they have a much healthier model whereby the industry and government fund schools that only take as many students as the industry can accept and consequently can be much more stringent with the entrance requirements. This is much better for the economy and reputation of the schools, not to mention the benefits students experience. Students can spend time learning and not working several jobs to pay for the ever climbing student fees. Efforts to augment the experience with outside sponsored projects are only worsening the situations as the students might get a couple of thousand in prize money which devalues the student and uses the teacher as a cheap consultant.

As for the Staff at Humber College. They are a mix bag, with some very talented and dedicated people who do the best with the system they exist within.
Pros
The staff dining room is quite good and private, with the staff being all very friendly.
Cons
The upper echelon have policies that limit ones ability to raise the standard, It is very hard to fail a student.
really cool job
Public Relations & Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2016
when working for the GDSC department at humber this was a great opportunity for me to really see what it was like to work in a big office but also it was an opportunity for me to better the life for the students on campus. my job was really cool because I got to manage all of the department media and phone calls as well as set up cool events.
Pros
meaningful job that helped the community
Cons
contract position
Fun place to work at
Co-op Website Support ( Media Studies And IT) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2016
The job environment is very nice. There are no such timelines. The coworkers are very helpful. I have learnt many new skills.
Good education
Public Relations student (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2016
A good establishment for learning and growing into a professional ready to pursue a career. The skills and experience i have received from attending the school is priceless and will aid me in my career.
Quality services while being updated with current changes in the Accounting Environment
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 May 2016
Have enjoyed working with students, assisting them in accounting tax and finance courses. Preparing them for testing, and enjoyed being in the team environment.
Thriving work experience with plenty of opportunity for growth
Nursing Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2016
A fast paced environment which is perfect for individuals who love teaching and supporting future nursing staff, with clinical skills and knowledge
Great Learning Experience
Visual Merchandiser For Humber College (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada21 April 2016
The duration at Humber provided opportunities to learn and test classroom subjects while enhancing one's skill sets and building a portfolio
Work Place was awesome.
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2013
Its really good experience while working in Humber College.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Inflexible Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Humber College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5