Humber College Employee Reviews

Productive and engaging with my name on a project at the end.
Intern, Transmedia Team (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2017
This experience was something I will cherish for a very long time. Working for Humber College was fulfilling and I was given the opportunity to create a project unlike any other. Seeing the integration of many forms of mediums into one website to convey a story was insightful and something I will continue to pursue if given the opportunity again.
Pros
Skills developed, Good pay
Cons
Long Hours, Long commute
Fantastic workplace
Yoga Teacher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 October 2016
Humber College Lakeshore Athletics is one of THE best places to work. Amazing management, top-notch facilities, special events and an inclusive vibe from staff.

I made many friends and got many great benefits.
Pros
Free fitness classes, special events, community engagement
n/a
Athletics department representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON8 February 2017
it was a decent job while i was in school. the working day was the same everyday which was good in terms of consistency/routine. Everyone else who worked the same position as me were students as well.
Great co-workers and clients
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2017
I enjoy working for Humber because you meet many individuals with various ethnic backgrounds and personalities.
My work is flexible and the communication system is open
Fun Workplace
Peer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2016
Your hours are based on your availability. Management and staff are fun to work with. Free access to the gym along with other facilities on campus.
Pros
Flexible Hours
It was okay
Hvac Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON11 November 2016
the job i was given was a student postion, Knowing that there isnt really any Advancement here. Some co workers were great and the other were not so much.
Part Time Student Position
Junior Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2016
Worked here between classes doing a job related to my field of study.

Hours were flexible, management was friendly and supportive.

Overall it was a great experience
Pros
Flexible hours
Communications instructor
Faculty - Media Studies and Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON25 May 2016
Teaching Communications to first year college students is an exhilarating experience. The interaction and discussions with students is great as they challenge me and remind me that I have built a great career and I'm fortunate to give back my mentoring these young communicators.
Pros
interaction, discussions, presentations
Cons
a lot of marking
really cool job
Public Relations & Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2016
when working for the GDSC department at humber this was a great opportunity for me to really see what it was like to work in a big office but also it was an opportunity for me to better the life for the students on campus. my job was really cool because I got to manage all of the department media and phone calls as well as set up cool events.
Pros
meaningful job that helped the community
Cons
contract position
Peer Tutor
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON24 April 2016
As a peer tutor you attempt to aid students who are in need of help. I was hired as a programming tutor, and was often asked to provide assistance to students requiring advanced math help. I did my best to fulfill both my responsibilities. As a tutor the hardest thing to remember is to not provide the solution, but to provide the means by which the student might come to the solution on their own. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you bump into someone you have helped, and they take the time to thank you for it.
Quality services while being updated with current changes in the Accounting Environment
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 May 2016
Have enjoyed working with students, assisting them in accounting tax and finance courses. Preparing them for testing, and enjoyed being in the team environment.
Fun place to work at
Co-op Website Support ( Media Studies And IT) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2016
The job environment is very nice. There are no such timelines. The coworkers are very helpful. I have learnt many new skills.
Thriving work experience with plenty of opportunity for growth
Nursing Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2016
A fast paced environment which is perfect for individuals who love teaching and supporting future nursing staff, with clinical skills and knowledge
Good education
Public Relations student (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2016
A good establishment for learning and growing into a professional ready to pursue a career. The skills and experience i have received from attending the school is priceless and will aid me in my career.
Great Learning Experience
Visual Merchandiser For Humber College (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada21 April 2016
The duration at Humber provided opportunities to learn and test classroom subjects while enhancing one's skill sets and building a portfolio
Easy and fun job
Teacher assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2016
I was teaching new students the fundamentals of architecture software. I like helping people out and had alot of joy doing that with different people in this job
Pros
work at school
Cons
Early classes
Great Place to work
RSSW (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 February 2016
It is a great place to work. Not a lot of full time non contract positions available. I enjoy my job but would like to find something with at least a 1 year contract.
Pros
The people
Cons
short term contract positions
Fun to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2016
Setting up the table in a proper well arranged way. Everything including glasses, napkins and cups etc should be arranged in a particular proper way for all the set ups. Fun environment. Nice co-workers and very nice boss.
Pros
Free Food
productive and engaging workplace
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2016
very good place to work with very helpful and respectful team members. i learned how to work without supervision and still receive constant training and guidance.
Great opportunities.
Drummer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2016
Often offers students with opportunities to gain experience in different facets of the music industry, from performance to studio work.

4.5