Humber College

Humber College Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work and have fune
Professor (Part Time) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 6, 2014
Pros: dealing with youth
Cons: part time
Structured job and stress free environment because of fun loving young learners
Temporary
Surveying Booth Attendant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 22, 2014
This job was to fill my free time while studying at Humber only. Easy and simple job with no opportunity to move forward.
Customer service skills focusing on delivering high client satisfaction at all times
Hands-On Laboratory Expertise (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 17, 2014
A goal-oriented individual who are able to work in diverse environment with multi-tasking ability.Highly adaptable and eager to embrace and learn new technology. I enjoy the part of learning and discovering new thins and learning.
Diverse workplace with oppurtunites to learn and grow
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 14, 2014
I had the chance to take up many new projects and that helped in adding new skills to my skill set
The job helped me to maintain a good work and study balance.
Great place to learn or work
worked at many different spots in the college (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 5, 2014
As a student and an employee I loved working for Humber. they knew how to treat an employee to get the maximum amount of work without making the person have any negative feelings about their work. if you get a job here never let it go!
Outstanding
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 2, 2014
I realy enjoy working at Humber College.
I enjoy the positive learning environment and technical skills that I can apply in my job.
Fun work place and meeting new people
Student Ambassador (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: tempoerary
* Every morning we come in and set up the gifts for the people who visits Humber
*I learned Leadership which was my role to take Highschool and Middle school kids to take around college and talk about courses
* My co-workers were also student just like me
*Hard part was to wait for the guest
*Easy part was it was in Campus i didnot had to go any where
College Volunteer Program
Volunteer (Former Employee), Rexdale, OntarioMarch 15, 2014
Learned and participated in lighting installations utilizing EMT conduit and wire from inception to completion.
I really enjoyed working at Humber College. Its been a really good experience overall.
Peer Tutor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch someimes
I really like working as a peer tutor because it helps me too in understanding a lot of concepts. Management is really good. Co-workers are really helpful. the hardest thing is to meet one's requirements like their particular teaching style. I learn something new everyday.
Humber College helps me growing
Workshop Leader (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: everyting
Cons: nothing
My experience at Humber College is not only the one of a student, but also the one of a worker.
As a full-time student I need to attend to class, complete tests and assignments, and learn how to become a respectable Electronics Engineering Technologist.
As a worker instead, I need to coop with different situations that include the management of a small – more... class of students and helping in the processing of international applications.

A typical day at work involves different tasks from meetings with co-workers to data entry in the college's database.
I like being able to accomplish a variety of tasks, so that I never get tired of what I am doing. In addition, this experience is helping me enhancing my time management skills.

It is not easy meeting deadlines and coordinating the different activities that I involved in. For example, a typical Wednesday includes working in the International Centre Office, going to classes and facilitating a workshop session.
Despite the difficulties, I am enjoying my life. Classmate and co-workers are friendly and kind. Disagreements are resolved within small discussions thank to tolerance and understanding of different perspectives. Furthermore, I am happy to be able to help other students with getting to know the college environment. – less
Awesome Day
Humber Student Ambassador (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2014
Typical Day at Work is a fun, relaxing, easy going, and pleasant.
Laid Back Atmosphere
Librarian's Assistant (Current Employee), EtobicokeJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: easy shift coverage, availability to change shifts.
Cons: short hours, lack of shifts at times.
Working at the library is enjoyable because of every aspect of the place. The co-workers are friendly and always available to help with shift coverage when needed. The bosses are understanding and helpful to deal with any situation and anything that needs assistance with.
The staff you work with are great but much is expected of your own time. Rates do not include the bulk of the work done to mark students.
Industrial Design Instructor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: the staff dining room is quite good and private, with the staff being all very friendly.
Cons: the upper echelon have policies that limit ones ability to raise the standard, it is very hard to fail a student.
Unfortunately my opinion of schooling in North America isn't very good. Having taught at Humber, OCAD and George Brown I can say that too much emphasis has been placed on making money from students. In Sweden where I did my masters they have a much healthier model whereby the industry and government fund schools that only take as many students as the – more... industry can accept and consequently can be much more stringent with the entrance requirements. This is much better for the economy and reputation of the schools, not to mention the benefits students experience. Students can spend time learning and not working several jobs to pay for the ever climbing student fees. Efforts to augment the experience with outside sponsored projects are only worsening the situations as the students might get a couple of thousand in prize money which devalues the student and uses the teacher as a cheap consultant.

As for the Staff at Humber College. They are a mix bag, with some very talented and dedicated people who do the best with the system they exist within. – less
Nice place to work with fun
IT Support Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 3, 2014
Humber college is nice place to work - one can have flexible hours for the week.
Fixed Assets Clerk (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONDecember 9, 2013
Pros: great environment
Cons: difficult to be hired as fulltime employee
Friendly and professional environment. Awesome place to work, but they tend more to hire in part time basis or temporary contract.
Productive and Fun Working Place
Research Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 11, 2013
- Very cooperative co-workers
- Energetic
- Fully learning environvement
Customer Care and Jr, Support Services Officer
Jr. Support Services Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 8, 2013
Maintain front desk, answer phones, help students and faculty with any problems they may have.
Data Entry
Excel, word and outlook
Handle all mail
Ensure all mail is delivered with in the deartment
Assist faculties with documents and templates
Humber College
Professor Visual Effects, and Motion Design (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2013
Great Place and great people. A real pleasure to be part of it!
Has peak times of being busy, but more often than not it's slow
Film and Media Production Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 18, 2013
I have been a contract employee with Humber College since 2008. I did 15 months in the Recruitment and Liaising Office, and after that I started working for The School Of Media Studies. I have gone from 40 hours a week, to 37.5, and for the last 3 years I have been capped at 24 hours/week. As a contract employee I have no benefits.

I have stuck around – more... for as long as I have because although I am at part time hours I have been able to sustain a manageable living, and the people I work with, for the most part are great.

It has been made clear to my however, that there is no room for advancement in my job. – less
Productive and fun.
Writing mentor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: proximity to home.
Cons: no continuity.
Could have used more training. Co-workers were pleasant enough.

1 2 3