Human Services

Human Services Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Careers
Crew Worker (Former Employee), Sharon HillJuly 6, 2013
Pros: any food
Cons: two hours
How work going to be in the future went I'm grown and learning about life experience
family owned business
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), New Haven, CTMay 7, 2013
not very reliable, family owned ,so they did whatever they wanted with thier employees
Multi-tasking using web based programs and constant people interaction
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Monroe, MIApril 20, 2013
Pros: of my current job are my co-workers, corporate interest in investing in the community and benefits packages.
Cons: of my current job are you are being micro-managed and not having face-to-face customer interaction.
A typical day at work is to serve customers through phone communication. I am able to problem solve. I aid customers questions with information regarding complaints, company culture, product features and product maintenance needs. I am able to do this through learned knowledge of product or problem solving to operate many web-based computer programs – more... to find the answer. I have to use strict time management to balance a heavy work load.

It has increased my words per minute typing performance. It has helped to further develop my ability to multi-task and problem solve. I have learned when dealing with angry customers to not take it personally because their issue is with the company, even if they take it out on you. I have gained more communication experience through a phone call and written language.

The thing that I most enjoy about my job is the challenge and working with people. – less
Learned a lot of skills
Rehabilitation Case Coordinator I Department (Former Employee), Springfield , IllinoisMarch 20, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: no healthcare benefits
I enjoyed my position and I had a chance to learned a lot for the years that I was employed there.
Helping clients with everyday issues and a hot meal
Cold Weather Shelter Volunteer (Current Employee), Westminster, MDMarch 13, 2013
Pros: communication, social interaction
Cons: crowded
The Cold Weather Shelter feds around 30-40 clients a night and volunteers communicate with clients and help with any needs a person may have.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Commerce City, COMarch 13, 2013
I learned how to use a electronic device to count inventory. Management was very organized and respectful.
Regular day in the office.
Family Protection Specialist Advanced (Current Employee), Brandon, MSMarch 11, 2013
Pros: flexability
Cons: pay
A typical work day consists of: daily investigations and making face to face contacts with alleged victims, alleged perpetrators, and other family members. Documentation in the MACWIS System, and returning phone calls. I also participate in court activities and county conferences. Assisted workers with work loads and trained workers on the agency's – more... policy, concepts, and practice model. – less
Child protective services serving children first.
Social Worker IIII Child Protective Services (Former Employee), Solano County CaliforniaFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: sense of purpose.
Cons: high stress environment.
Great people to work with. Priority to protect children and work closely with families to resolve safety issues. Very rewarding.
Opportuinities for hands on experiance in human service field
Program Specialist (Current Employee), Mashpee, MAJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: health care benefits, earned leave, diversification
Cons: a cap on certain job attainment positions, no raises, no stratification
There are no typical days of work in this field.Learning to be self sufficient and at the same time openly communicative with a team or staff, is a necessary aspect of human services. Maintaining a professional attitude with a humanitarian drive for service aids in using core life experiences and learned skills adding to job performance. The hardest – more... part of this job has been obtaining effective long term and annual resources for program support. Having a breakdown in effective management as the company has gone through agency changes and financial redevelopment. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was being able to grow professionally and mutually sharing skill sets and job competencies with co-workers and clients. – less
Motivation comes from relationships, Growth comes from accountability and perseverance. Humor comes randomly, Money is not the priority.
Consultant,Developer,Therapist,Trainer,TeamPlayer (Former Employee), Capital Region of New YorkSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: encouraging challenges, constant learning experiences, seeing others
Cons: easy to get hurt, requires true faith, difficulty balancing daily sustenance.
I fall in love with every one I meet. I see beyond the darkness and first impressions to the perfect in most people I serve and work with. Everyone has something important to say and often goes unheard. It is within my professional and personal nature to listen, and be available, help and ask questions.

I congratulate the person(s) who introduced critical – more... and creative thinking. In society and at work I never want to be bored and stagnated resulting in an implosion.

I admire the professionals who come out of retirement and work until they turn 80. Through the good, bad, ugly, I remain a happy man. – less
Fun place to be around kids with a flexible schedule
Childcare (Former Employee), ShelbyvilleAugust 5, 2012
Pros: free food, flexible hours, a good place to help the community
A typical day at work included me getting up at five in the morning and going in at six until eight am. I would watch kids, give them breakfast, and do creative activities. I would go back to work again from three to six after school and help them with, homework, give the snacks, and do whatever they pleased on a monitored level.
I learned how to communicate – more... with children which taught me patience. I also had to deal with kids that hand handicaps and they gave me a really good sense of communication and tolerance. I had great time management and I was the only person that watched a group of about 30 kids. I had the responsibility of unlocking and locking the doors to the schools and dealing with other issues while being the only person in the building. The hardest part of my job was me reminiscing on my childhood and every part of the job was enjoyable. – less
a helpful workplace for low income people
bus driver / aid (Former Employee), Columbus, INJune 27, 2012
helping people and kids get a better start in life and to assist there needs
Professional Profile
Employment and Training Coordinator for Virginia (Former Employee), SWVAMay 20, 2012
Pro-active and involved relaxed professional, comfortable working with team members at all levels of an organization Strong consensus building, effective leading skills, and spectacular outcomes. Highly effective team building skills that result in increased profits and sustainability for non-profit and highly profitable businesses.
High burn out rate. Average length of employment with DHS is one to two years.
Family Protection Worker II (Current Employee), Poplarville, MSMay 16, 2012
Pros: helping children and families.
Cons: extremely high stress level
Very demanding job, making life altering decisions. Extremely high workload. Very little compensation and benefits. Difficult to balance work and personal life.
A great job that will never be the same day to day.
Case Manager (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 10, 2012
A typical day here at Goodwill is never typical. I have learned so much and grown so much in everyday experiences.I have a great boss who is very understanding. Co-workers who all all so unique in their own regard. The hardest part of this job is sometimes having patience after a long day of behaviors. The best part is seeing a client who has learned – more... a lesson or skill after a length of time teaching them. – less
Work well with people from all walks of life.
Office Administrater (Former Employee), Wausau WiDecember 8, 2011
Pros: the benifits to me are doing a job well done.
I am a responsible person,who takes direction well,and also does not hesitate to jump in any area when needed.
MUY BUEN AMBIENTE
DERMOCONSEJERA (Former Employee), Ciudad de México, DIFJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: las distancias cuando no hay cerca de tu domicilio
Cons: el salario quincenal el muy bajo
MUY BUEN AMBIENTE DE TRABAJO Y DE INFORMACION AL IGUAL CADA MES SUS CAPACITACIONES Y EL CONOCIMINETO DE TODA LA GAMA DE SUS CREMAS JPARA EL CUIDADO DE LA PIEL ES MARAVILLOSA
ES BUENA OPCION DE TRABAJO DESDE TU CASA, PROGRAMAS LAS ENTREVISTAS QUE TE ENVIAN.
ENTREVISTADOR (Former Employee), Pátzcuaro, MICAugust 27, 2013
Pros: trabajo desde casa
Cons: pago por entrevista y no todos los dias hay
PROGRAMO LAS ENTREVISTAS Y HAGO VISITAS DOMICILIARIAS PARA RECABAR Y COTEJAR INFORMACION, SE APRENDE A DIALOGAR CON DIVERSAS PERSONAS, EN ESTE TRABAJO NO SE CONOCE A LOS JEFES PORQUE TODA LA INFORMACION SE MANEJA POR INTERNET.
LA PARTE MAS DIFICIL DE ESTE TRABAJO ES QUE LA GENTE ADQUIERA CONFIANZA Y CONTESTE TODAS LA PREGUNTAS DE CADA ENTREVISTA.
LO – more... QUE MAS ME GUSTA DE ESTE TRABAJO ES QUE ES DESDE MI CASA Y CONOCER PERSONALMENTE A LAS PERSONAS QUE COMO YO BUSCAN TRABAJO. – less