Human Services Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Proactive and engaging place to work with Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) clients from diverse backgrounds.
HEALTH MINISTER SPEAKER/PRESENTER (Current Employee) –  GTA29 March 2015
It was never a typical day to day routine. Working with clients involved developing and executing plan of care programs to enable clients to develop and/or re-learn life skills, physical and mental skills affected by ABI. Very gratifying work.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Woking with mentally challenge patients.
Direct Care/CNA (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MA28 August 2012
Woking with mentally challenged patients and amking sure that their acctivities of daily livings are met.
Work Experience Program
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 October 2014
Following the Administrative Professional Program offered at NorQuest College I was placed at the Human Services, Leadership Program for the Government of Alberta to complete my work experience portion of the course,
It was a very busy environment which let me utilize my learned skills in a very professional office. I worked with master spreadsheets, registered government employees into the Leadership Program and set up and took down conference rooms.
I was introduced to new programs such as SharePoint and Images. I also got to participate in government conference meetings, it was a great opportunity to learn and I am very lucky to have gotten the opportunity to gain experience in such a well established environment.
Using my learned skills from the Administrative Professional Program I was able to show my collogues faster ways of using Microsoft Word and Excel.
The hardest part of the position was that I had a deadline of 150 hours experience and I wanted to learn more.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was very busy, I always had something to do which drove my motivation.
Pros
Very busy, fast paced environment.