Human Services

Human Services Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Woking with mentally challenge patients.
Direct Care/CNA (Former Employee), Woburn, MAAugust 28, 2012
Woking with mentally challenged patients and amking sure that their acctivities of daily livings are met.
Human Services
Caseworker (Trainee) (Current Employee), Villa Park, ILJuly 20, 2014
Majority of the day is spent assisting customers with gaining benefits to assist with daily living, i.e. Medical Assistance, Supplemental food programs, and temporary assistance for needy families. My co-workers posses a wealth of knowledge about the programs that are offered to families, the average stay for the staff is eight to ten years.
Working with the public
Public Relations/ Server/ Retail (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 14, 2014
Pros: fun environment.
Trained new staff. Maintained a daily aspect in operations with a primary focus on excellence customer relations. Supervised and assisted in procedures.
Teaching children
Pre-K Teacher (Former Employee), Broken Arrow, OKJuly 7, 2014
Pros: helping one child, lost of physical activity
Cons: when children was allowed to stay at daycare when sick.
Manage and teach a class of 18-20 pre-K children. Follow curriculum for Pre-k children as provided to daycare by state. Supervise class to ensure safety and secure play and learning enviornment.
Citizen advocate
DSP (Former Employee), Saranac LakeJune 23, 2014
Pros: drove around, shopped and did activities
Cons: low pay, not stable
I assisted intellectually disabled people in the community. My duties were to assist consumers with goals they needed to have done in the community. These consumers where high functioning individuals.
Challenging and rewarding workplace
Residential Counselor (Current Employee), West Chester, PAMay 13, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: no official breaks
There is no typical day at work for me, I work long days as the only person on weekend shifts. I am proficient and trusted enough to work shifts without an on site supervisor. My day deals with six different women in all walks of life, each with their own set of mental health disorders, trying to live together, get along and complete their personal – more... goals. I've learned that everyone responds differently to different approaches and if I'm attentive enough I can figure out the best strategies to help all of the women I work with. The hardest part of my job is getting others to realize their potential and self worth after they have had continuous set backs and rejections. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with someone and they finally "get it" and start maximizing the resources available to them and eventually are able to transition out of assisted living and into the community. – less
productive
Volunteer Project - Introduction (Former Employee), owosso miApril 24, 2014
Pros: rewarding
Cons: mentally hard
enjoyable
rewarding
helping
mentally hard
physically easy
productive
TWP-Office Assistant (Current Employee), Indianola, MSMarch 26, 2014
I love this job because of the fact that I love workign with children and also working in the office atmosphere.
Fun place to work, honest people.
Qualified Mental Health Professional (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCMarch 25, 2014
Pros: company bought food when we had certain functions.
Cons: great place to work.
Fun and productive company and likeable trust worthy coworkers.
great program for the adults
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Johnstown, PAMarch 20, 2014
Every day the people would come into the program and either attend an outing that I may have had scheduled or they would do activities at their stations.
I learned that having a connection with the families was a priority in this job. I was blessed to have so many families eagerly involved in their children's lives. It was very hard to make that connection – more... at first, but the families earned my trust and were supportive of any ideas or concerns I may have had.
My co-workers were horrible to work with. I was the youngest and they were 40yrs old and above, been with the company for more than 15 years. I was their boss and they did no like change. I did not have support from management to find ways how we could compromise and make the work environment a positive atmosphere.
The most enjoyable part would be just spending some one on one time with the people. They all love life and they made you realize that life isn't all that bad. No matter what, they always had a smile on their face for you. – less
Productice and rewarding employment
Employment Specialist (Current Employee), Moorestown, NJFebruary 20, 2014
Anyone who loves to encourage and help people would love helping people who are viewed as less desirable for employment, find a job and maintane that job. It's an awsome feeling.
Working with others with high standards
Certified Nurses Assistant Certified (Former Employee), Brenham, TexasFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: working with different people and hearing about others lives
Cons: stress level can be high
A typical day at work was to provide a safe environment for the individuals I am to monitor. I have learned in all my jobs that every person has a stories and this is what makes everyone different. Each person deserves respect regardless of race, sex, or anything else that makes them different than the norm. When working managing can become stressful – more... because everyone each person has his or her own personal views and personalities. The hardest part is being able to put aside my own personal feelings to ensure that the service I am providing is one of a high standard. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping each person that I have come in contact with. – less
Great start to a career
Residential Instructor (Former Employee), Newport, RINovember 6, 2013
Pros: relaxed work environment
Cons: somewhat too eventful at times, no overtime
Great management

Care giving is a good way to make money

working for this company opened up an understanding of the healthcare environment
bad place
WX Compliance Field Supervisor (Former Employee), Columbus, INOctober 14, 2013
stay away from this place bad working hours boss is a jerk management sucks
The Department of Human Services Daily Dose
Family Protection Worker (Current Employee), Jackson, MSOctober 10, 2013
Pros: being able to make a difference in the lives of families and children
Cons: minimum advancement opportunities
A typical work day would consist of testifying in court, visiting foster children, conducting investigations and completing paperwork. There are 7 different units with 5-7 workers working under the supervision of one licensed social work supervisor. The hardest part of the job is fitting all tasks into 8 hours of the day and completing them satisfactorily. – more... The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make a positive impact on the lives of families and children. – less
Love working with challenged indivisuals
Sub Contractor (Former Employee), Burlington, VTSeptember 17, 2013
I felt at this job I really made a difference and impacted someone elses life. Spending time together going places. learning their special needs and teaching life skills
Excellent working conditions
Senior developmental Care Worker (Former Employee), Holden Hill, SASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: good
Cons: good
I enjoyed my work but now need a change.It was rewarding to see clients reach their goal of independent living and to have them feel they could make an ability out of a disability
Management were very supportive,and i was saddened to retire
Careers
Crew Worker (Former Employee), Sharon HillJuly 6, 2013
Pros: any food
Cons: two hours
How work going to be in the future went I'm grown and learning about life experience
family owned business
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), New Haven, CTMay 7, 2013
not very reliable, family owned ,so they did whatever they wanted with thier employees
Multi-tasking using web based programs and constant people interaction
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Monroe, MIApril 20, 2013
Pros: of my current job are my co-workers, corporate interest in investing in the community and benefits packages.
Cons: of my current job are you are being micro-managed and not having face-to-face customer interaction.
A typical day at work is to serve customers through phone communication. I am able to problem solve. I aid customers questions with information regarding complaints, company culture, product features and product maintenance needs. I am able to do this through learned knowledge of product or problem solving to operate many web-based computer programs – more... to find the answer. I have to use strict time management to balance a heavy work load.

It has increased my words per minute typing performance. It has helped to further develop my ability to multi-task and problem solve. I have learned when dealing with angry customers to not take it personally because their issue is with the company, even if they take it out on you. I have gained more communication experience through a phone call and written language.

The thing that I most enjoy about my job is the challenge and working with people. – less