Human Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Job Security, Advancements, Benefits
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 16, 2015
Challenging, fast paced, meet lots of new and diverse people. Build lots of different skills. Lots of different locations to transfer to so you can find something close to your home.
Proactive and engaging place to work with Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) clients from diverse backgrounds.
HEALTH MINISTER SPEAKER/PRESENTER (Current Employee), GTAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: Sometimes long hours
It was never a typical day to day routine. Working with clients involved developing and executing plan of care programs to enable clients to develop and/or re-learn life skills, physical and mental skills affected by ABI. Very gratifying work.
Work Experience Program
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 28, 2014
Pros: very busy, fast paced environment.
Following the Administrative Professional Program offered at NorQuest College I was placed at the Human Services, Leadership Program for the Government of Alberta to complete my work experience portion of the course,
It was a very busy environment which let me utilize my learned skills in a very professional office. I worked with master spreadsheets, registered government employees into the Leadership – more... Program and set up and took down conference rooms.
I was introduced to new programs such as SharePoint and Images. I also got to participate in government conference meetings, it was a great opportunity to learn and I am very lucky to have gotten the opportunity to gain experience in such a well established environment.
Using my learned skills from the Administrative Professional Program I was able to show my collogues faster ways of using Microsoft Word and Excel.
The hardest part of the position was that I had a deadline of 150 hours experience and I wanted to learn more.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was very busy, I always had something to do which drove my motivation. – less
Woking with mentally challenge patients.
Direct Care/CNA (Former Employee), Woburn, MAAugust 28, 2012
Woking with mentally challenged patients and amking sure that their acctivities of daily livings are met.