Human Services Employee Review

View all Human Services reviews

great program for the adults
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PA20 March 2014
Every day the people would come into the program and either attend an outing that I may have had scheduled or they would do activities at their stations.
I learned that having a connection with the families was a priority in this job. I was blessed to have so many families eagerly involved in their children's lives. It was very hard to make that connection at first, but the families earned my trust and were supportive of any ideas or concerns I may have had.
My co-workers were horrible to work with. I was the youngest and they were 40yrs old and above, been with the company for more than 15 years. I was their boss and they did no like change. I did not have support from management to find ways how we could compromise and make the work environment a positive atmosphere.
The most enjoyable part would be just spending some one on one time with the people. They all love life and they made you realize that life isn't all that bad. No matter what, they always had a smile on their face for you.

Other Human Services Employee Reviews

Policy Changes
Team Lead (Disability Services Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 July 2017
A turn over in CEO's and management were plentiful and not too many for the better - policies were constantly being revised and not passed along. Communication was a low priority - and when are working with human being of diminished capacity this is key. Best part of the position was watching my client flourish . Hardest part dealing with management
Informative and Rewarding
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB30 December 2016
I would work five days per week with a high school student who had special needs catered to his disability. I learned how to care for this student while helping develop new skills and improving his literacy skills. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the students and getting to watch them grow.
Pros
Working with the students
Cons
Short term volunteering