Human Services Employee Reviews

Policy Changes
Team Lead (Disability Services Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 July 2017
A turn over in CEO's and management were plentiful and not too many for the better - policies were constantly being revised and not passed along. Communication was a low priority - and when are working with human being of diminished capacity this is key. Best part of the position was watching my client flourish . Hardest part dealing with management
Informative and Rewarding
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB30 December 2016
I would work five days per week with a high school student who had special needs catered to his disability. I learned how to care for this student while helping develop new skills and improving his literacy skills. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the students and getting to watch them grow.
Pros
Working with the students
Cons
Short term volunteering
Job Security, Advancements, Benefits
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 May 2015
Challenging, fast paced, meet lots of new and diverse people. Build lots of different skills. Lots of different locations to transfer to so you can find something close to your home.
Proactive and engaging place to work with Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) clients from diverse backgrounds.
HEALTH MINISTER SPEAKER/PRESENTER (Current Employee) –  GTA29 March 2015
It was never a typical day to day routine. Working with clients involved developing and executing plan of care programs to enable clients to develop and/or re-learn life skills, physical and mental skills affected by ABI. Very gratifying work.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Work Experience Program
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 October 2014
Following the Administrative Professional Program offered at NorQuest College I was placed at the Human Services, Leadership Program for the Government of Alberta to complete my work experience portion of the course,
It was a very busy environment which let me utilize my learned skills in a very professional office. I worked with master spreadsheets, registered government employees into the Leadership Program and set up and took down conference rooms.
I was introduced to new programs such as SharePoint and Images. I also got to participate in government conference meetings, it was a great opportunity to learn and I am very lucky to have gotten the opportunity to gain experience in such a well established environment.
Using my learned skills from the Administrative Professional Program I was able to show my collogues faster ways of using Microsoft Word and Excel.
The hardest part of the position was that I had a deadline of 150 hours experience and I wanted to learn more.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was very busy, I always had something to do which drove my motivation.
Pros
Very busy, fast paced environment.
Woking with mentally challenge patients.
Direct Care/CNA (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MA28 August 2012
Woking with mentally challenged patients and amking sure that their acctivities of daily livings are met.