Our client is a worldwide leader in IP-based video communication and collaboration services, with offices in the United States, Canada, UK, Hong Kong and China.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Reporting into the VNOC Manager, you will be highly skilled in network operations support in a 24/7 hosted video services environment.
- Full time position
- Compensation: To be negotiated
- Group benefits coverage
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The VNOC Support Technician provides advanced network and application support acting as the 2nd level of technical support to our customers. The VNOC group is responsible for continuous maintenance and monitoring of the video over IP infrastructure and global networks. In collaboration with other teams implements and manages network hardware and software solutions for LANs and WANs in highly available, scalable, secure network environments that may include customer owned and managed networks. In addition, the VNOC handles customer service requests and performs escalations while analyzing and resolving customer telecommunication and video issues in a timely and accurate manner. In accordance with ISO27001, you are required to abide by our security policy.
Preference will be given to individuals who have experience or in-depth understanding of advanced service-led technologies - particularly video communications.
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written English)
- Professional rapport and customer service experience
- Fundamental knowledge of videoconferencing infrastructures
- Experience working in a NOC/NMC for global communications from major industry manufacturers
- Manage customer service requests
- In-depth knowledge of MPLS/IP/VPN networks
- Familiarity of Cisco VPN/Firewall technologies
- Knowledge of Quality of Service, IPSec, GRE tunnels, multicasting and traffic balancing techniques
- Experience in the design and management of enterprise network routing architectures using protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and static routes
- Previous experience in a 24/7 NOC work environment
- A valid background check and/or security clearance is a key requirement for this role based on regional requirements
- BA or BS college degree preferred
- Additional languages are an asset