With 15,000 trained employees in 17 locations across Canada, we are Canada’s National Cleaning and Maintenance Company. We maintain a diverse portfolio consisting of commercial, industrial, retail, recreational, educational and food manufacturing facilities.
We are currently recruiting for a District Manager opportunity based out of a home office and reporting to our Halifax office. Ideally the candidate will reside in the southern area of the province as the district covers Windsor/Yarmouth/Bridgwater locations.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Complete accountability for all accounts in the assigned region, including setting and maintaining quality standards, building performance and maintaining the integrity of the accounts.
- Liaise with clients providing updates on a regular basis to ensure a positive business relationship.
- Hire & evaluate and staff for all job sites as necessary.
- Monitor all sites for new developments and changes.
- Monitor and control labour hours/dollar budgets for all accounts.
- Coordinates and organizes additional or project work at various sites.
- Monitor and inspect buildings for additional services or “extras.”
- Receive & assess quality assurance inspections and monthly evaluations from Operations staff.
- Ensure that all requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act are followed where applicable.
- Ensure that all requirements of the Provincial Labour Standards are followed where applicable.
To be qualified as a suitable candidate, you must possess the following:
- 3+ years of supervisory or managerial experience in the Janitorial/Cleaning industry with exposure and experience in an operations environment.
- Capable of managing a budget for key accounts including labour, supplies and sales related requests.
- Ability to recruit, train and develop staff and allocate resources according to scheduling requirements.
- Fluency in English both written and oral is mandatory, and any other languages are an asset.
- Technical skills include; ability to use MS Office suite of software, familiarity with janitorial equipment and processes is a requirement.
- Ability to travel and conduct regular site visits is mandatory therefore a vehicle & license in good standing, along with a clean driver abstract is required.